Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923322 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
tanx alot @ valworld i rily appreciate your reply. am edojariogba nd this is my second account
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justgod(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
@izyy, they didn't say if it was ready for pickup but has been printed. How do we hook up nw? Where is your POE?

@gentiger I'm sure you're having plenty fun with your family.

To everyone awaiting interview, best wishes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hi every one I am a2013 Dv lottery winner. I had my initial interview on 14 Feb 2013 at US embassy in Nairobi. then I had a second interview on 15 July this year. at that time the Consular approved my visa and he also gave me an ALIEN Registration number, and he told me to get my visa after one week but still I have nothing. when I check my visa status it says administrative processing.

so my friends I want to know is it possible to not get my visa while I have my Alien Number.
I kindly look forward your response
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hi house, pls look into my case.. I applied for DV 2014 which I was not chosen in May selection. And now I'm a prospective student of a University in Minnesota, I already paid for the VISA fee and other stuffs, my interview is sometime around 2nd week of October..

I heard there'd be another selection in October and I'm planning to apply for 2015 DV too which I heard Nigeria would be eligible..

I just need advise(s) from you guys.. Cuz STUDENT VISA does not automatically make me a citizen.. Should I go on with my Student application and if I gt granted, and also gt chose in the DV what would I do ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
kevwe_flex:

The email address is correct. Just download, fill, print, scan and attached before sending. Note: Remember to quote your full name, DOB, CN in the body of the message. As for the passports, I don't think there's any need to attach that. Except you have issues with the previous one as well. Although I sent mine as a pdf, I don't know if you can do that as well as it is advanced. Then the Subject, you can write Re: Update on .... form.
@Kevwe_flex and Lagbabe, thanks guys, I really appreciate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amefrica: Hi house, pls look into my case.. I applied for DV 2014 which I was not chosen in May selection. And now I'm a prospective student of a University in Minnesota, I already paid for the VISA fee and other stuffs, my interview is sometime around 2nd week of October..

I heard there'd be another selection in October and I'm planning to apply for 2015 DV too which I heard Nigeria would be eligible..

I just need advise(s) from you guys.. Cuz STUDENT VISA does not automatically make me a citizen.. Should I go on with my Student application and if I gt granted, and also gt chose in the DV what would I do ?
I'lld advice u go for ur programme and keep checking ur status for d fiscal year-2014. If u end up getting selected, well then, fine. D same should go with ur intention of playing for the 2015 visa lottery. Remember, this is all a game of luck and Grace and not a certainty until it comes into reality. Hence, do not put ur life on hold in any way cos of d lottery until it materialises. So pls, continue wit ur student visa processing and d lottery along side. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
lagbabe: pls wt is "CNA"?

Certified Nursing Assistant.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
ewhoma:
I'lld advice u go for ur programme and keep checking ur status for d fiscal year-2014. If u end up getting selected, well then, fine. D same should go with ur intention of playing for the 2015 visa lottery. Remember, this is all a game of luck and Grace and not a certainty until it comes into reality. Hence, do not put ur life on hold in any way cos of d lottery until it materialises. So pls, continue wit ur student visa processing and d lottery along side. Hope this helps.

Thanks sis'...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mohamedshire: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
mohamed shire: Hi every one I am a2013 Dv lottery winner. I had my initial interview on 14 Feb 2013 at US embassy in Nairobi. then I had a second interview on 15 July this year. at that time the Consular approved my visa and he also gave me an ALIEN Registration number, and he told me to get my visa after one week but still I have nothing. when I check my visa status it says administrative processing.

so my friends I want to know is it possible to not get my visa while I have my Alien Number.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
babbs45:

Certified Nursing Assistant.
tanx babbs45,I'd also like to know if dis course can only be studied by pple in dat line of biz or can anybody go for the course?tanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
lagbabe: tanx babbs45,I'd also like to know if dis course can only be studied by pple in dat line of biz or can anybody go for the course?tanx

As the name implies, any high school Diploma holder known in NIGERIA as SCHOOL-CERT can venture into it if you wished to pursue a career in health sector.
i do believe you are satisfied? otherwish you may google it for more info.
Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
mohamed shire: Hi every one I am a2013 Dv lottery winner. I had my initial interview on 14 Feb 2013 at US embassy in Nairobi. then I had a second interview on 15 July this year. at that time the Consular approved my visa and he also gave me an ALIEN Registration number, and he told me to get my visa after one week but still I have nothing. when I check my visa status it says administrative processing.

Isn't it worthwhile contacting them considering the time limit to the end of 2013 fiscal year? pls call or mail them asap
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amefrica: Hi house, pls look into my case.. I applied for DV 2014 which I was not chosen in May selection. And now I'm a prospective student of a University in Minnesota, I already paid for the VISA fee and other stuffs, my interview is sometime around 2nd week of October..

Proceed with your student visa application. And if you happen to win the dv lottery and you are in the state, you'll not need to go back to Nigerian to continue the process. You'll take the adjustment of status route. So it is going to be a win win situation for you. All the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
lagbabe: tanx babbs45,I'd also like to know if dis course can only be studied by pple in dat line of biz or can anybody go for the course?tanx

It's open to all and it is a month program in the state that I reside in. You take a test after the course and if you pass you get a certificate. With the certificate, you can get a job in the health sector ( Assisted living homes and hospitals. )

Usually aspiring registered nurses start with CNA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
babbs45:

Proceed with your student visa application. And if you happen to win the dv lottery and you are in the state, you'll not need to go back to Nigerian to continue the process. You'll take the adjustment of status route. So it is going to be a win win situation for you. All the best.

Thanks bro.. Those illegal immigrants do they play lottery ? As in are they allowed to play sand if the got chosen would they become legal ?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2013

Why don't you contact the embassy via email. Time is not on your side. Be proactive.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amefrica:

Thanks bro.. Those illegal immigrants do they play lottery ? As in are they allowed to play sand if the got chosen would they become legal ?

Usually, illegal immigrant who win the dv lottery are not able to adjust their status. They are advice of consular processing, that is going back to their country to process it from there. And since immigration rules have been broken chances of getting the visa is very slim.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Izyy: 12:36am On Sep 03, 2013
just god: @izyy, they didn't say if it was ready for pickup but has been printed. How do we hook up nw? Where is your POE?

@gentiger I'm sure you're having plenty fun with your family.

To everyone awaiting interview, best wishes.
@justgod am heading for the state of missouri,when are you coming for the pick up,pls remember to keep me posted
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:44am On Sep 03, 2013
Sakirasexy: Hello e family .am heading to newyork and am planning on taking my bb phone with me .does anyone have the ideal of how I can get connected at the goal .I dnt want to rely on my host for phone calls and browzing.

And I also want to know if I can start a cna course without my green card or I have to wait for the green card before I start .
Yes, You can get a PAY AS YOU GO sim like Simple Mobile and others. Yes, You can start a CNA course without your green card because some nursing home don't need your greencard nor SSN. Since you have your passport, pass drugs test and can afford the fee.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 3:56am On Sep 03, 2013

Proceed with your Student Visa. If you are later selected while you are in the states, you will do status adjustment. Many people in US with student visa always play the DV lottery.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2013
My case number is current in october, i sent my form to kcc endin of may through DHL till now i hv not recieve my 2NL hop all is fine or do i hv to call kcc? am worried because am waitin for my 2NL to arrive before i start processin my international pasport medicals n police report. plz someone should advise me on wat to do.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2013
lagbabe: all u need to do is print 2 or more copy of d form u already made mistake incase u make anoda mistake.Now fill d form correctly wit d new information u want to add or remove,if its d form dat needs passprt fotograph attach it,check 2ce to be double sure u av given d right info dis time,scan nd send back to d email address,u'd get an automated reply mail,ignore,say in a week or so,dey'd send u anod mail confirming d receipt of ur document.if u wish,u can asterick d part on d form u adjusted.I think dis shld help.All da best.

Thanks for the reply
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2013
Hello Guys

Pls i have a question. My mom won the lottery and she registered as married with me, he daughter. But now that we won, my dad doesnt wanna go with us. Hope that wont affect us at the interview and does my mom have to go to the interview with a marriage certificate, family pictures or something? Response will be highly appreciated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
babbs45:

Amefrica:

Amefrica: Hi house, pls look into my case.. I applied for DV 2014 which I was not chosen in May selection. And now I'm a prospective student of a University in Minnesota, I already paid for the VISA fee and other stuffs, my interview is sometime around 2nd week of October.. I heard there'd be another selection in October and I'm planning to apply for 2015 DV too which I heard Nigeria would be eligible.. I just need advise(s) from you guys.. Cuz STUDENT VISA does not automatically make me a citizen.. Should I go on with my Student application and if I gt granted, and also gt chose in the DV what would I do ?

If he is doing Adjustment of Status, he does not need to come back to Nigeria to process it. He comes only if he is doing Consular Processing which I don't think it would be applicable to him should his student visa be successful.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual's immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is “adjustment of status.” The INA provides an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status. Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United States can get permanent resident status (a green card) without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing. Consular processing is an alternate process for an individual outside the United States (or who is in the United States but is ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident) This pathway is referred to as “consular processing”
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
Darhmee: Hello Guys

Pls i have a question. My mom won the lottery and she registered as married with me, he daughter. But now that we won, my dad doesnt wanna go with us. Hope that wont affect us at the interview and does my mom have to go to the interview with a marriage certificate, family pictures or something? Response will be highly appreciated.

Firstly, Did your mum include your Dad's name in the form? If
so your Dad have to be at the interview even though he wishies
not to proceed with you guys. And then he can tell d CO of his
reasons for not interested in going the US with the family.

2, Your mum will need to show marriage Cert, Wedding album,
family pix if possible at the interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Darhmee: Hello Guys

Firstly, Did your Mum include your Dad's name in the form? If

2, Your Mum will need to show marriage Cert, Wedding album,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
timimoyegun:

Firstly, Did your Mum include your Dad's name in the form? If

2, Your Mum will need to show marriage Cert, Wedding album,

Yea she included his name in the form. So you mean my dad needs to do all the police report, medical test, even pay the visa fee even though he wont be traveling with us? Or he only needs to show up at the embassy/interview center on the day of our interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Darhmee:

Yea she included his name in the form. So you mean my dad needs to do all the police report, medical test, even pay the visa fee even though he wont be traveling with
us? Or he only needs to show up at the embassy/interview center on the day of our interview?

Your Dad does not need to process any document or
pay visa fee, all he's going there to do is to convince
the CO that he is really your mum's husband and also he
Needs to come up with a good reasons for not interested;
They will need to show their marriage Cert and other prove
prove of their relationship.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
timimoyegun:

Your Dad does not need to process any document or
pay visa fee, all he's going there to do is to convince
the CO that he is really your mum's husband and also he
Needs to come up with a good reasons for not interested;
They will need to show their marriage Cert and other prove
prove of their relationship.

Okay then.. thanks much
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babbs45: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

If he is doing Adjustment of Status, he does not need to come back to Nigeria to process it. He comes only if he is doing Consular Processing which I don't think it would be applicable to him should his student visa be successful.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual's immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is “adjustment of status.” The INA provides an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status. Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United States can get permanent resident status (a green card) without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing. Consular processing is an alternate process for an individual outside the United States (or who is in the United States but is ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident) This pathway is referred to as “consular processing”

You probably misread my post. How different is what you're saying from what I said?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by damohreal: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Thanks all,thanks nairaland visa approved testimony loading.............
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls can some refer me to a registered bureau de change who does nt engage in 419 tins

(1) (2) (3) ... (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.