Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

How Will I Ever Survive This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Will I Ever Survive This? (13663 Views)

ROMANCELANDERS, How Do You Survive This / I Want To Have Sex On My 18th Birthday, Will I Get Pregnant? / Guys Can U Survive This Trick Before Ur Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will I Ever Survive This? by makky(f): 8:34pm On May 01, 2012
Saw him just this Sunday, and today I got a text on my phone from his friend, his marriage iv!

Ive been in shock since morning, dont know who to talk to cos I don't keep friends, i absolutely may go suicidal on this. A man that didnt even have a house, a job, no money when i met him. I cook for him, he spent virtually all his time at my place, even most times borrowed as lil as N200 from me. He cried at the bus-stop one evening begging me not to let go, that single tear kept me. I don't have a regular job, I buy & sell things just to keep going till a job comes. I've chased suitors away all in d bid to make this man feel save cos i believe in tomorrow. He is a divorcee, i didnt worry abt that. I stood by him since last year till he got a house dis February. By march I started noticing things. Ive asked him severally what d problem was but he said its just stress cos he got an event contract with a company. At a point he even borrowed some money from me, got to find out that it was cos of the girl he is planning to marry that came visiting bt he was too broke to host her.

This life and the men in it are heartless. Tell me how i can ever love another? Am dying silently, please i need friends to talk to or even a proper job to help me get over this hurt, am self destructive!
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by luckgames(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2012
makky: Saw him just this sunday, and today I got a text on my phone from his friend, his marriage iv!
Ive bn in shock since morning, dnt knw who to talk to cos i dnt kip friends, i absolutely may go suicidal on this. A man that didnt even have a house, a job, no money when i met him. I cook for him, he spent virtually all his time at my place, even most times borrowed as lil as N200 from me. He cried at the bustop one evening begging me not to let go, that single tear kept me. I dnt have a regular job, I buy & sell things just to keep going till a job comes. Ive chased suitors away all in d bid to make this man feel save cos i believe in tomorrow. He is a divorcee, i didnt worry abt that. I stood by him since last year till he got a house dis february. Bx march i started noticing things. Ive asked him severally what d problem was but he said its just stress cos he got an event contract with a company. At a point he even borrowed some money from me, got to find out that it was cos of d girl he is planning to marry that came visiting bt he was too broke to host her.
This life and thd men in it are heartless. Tell me how i can ever love another? Am dying silently, please i need friends to talk to or even a proper job to help me get over this hurt, am self destructive!

Sorry for the pain
You will survive and over come this mess
The lord know best
Let him go, the lord will give you your husband
It is going to be OK
Life is some time a B
Take heart

1 Like

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Fulaman198(m): 8:51pm On May 01, 2012
makky: Saw him just this sunday, and today I got a text on my phone from his friend, his marriage iv!
Ive bn in shock since morning, dnt knw who to talk to cos i dnt kip friends, i absolutely may go suicidal on this. A man that didnt even have a house, a job, no money when i met him. I cook for him, he spent virtually all his time at my place, even most times borrowed as lil as N200 from me. He cried at the bustop one evening begging me not to let go, that single tear kept me. I dnt have a regular job, I buy & sell things just to keep going till a job comes. Ive chased suitors away all in d bid to make this man feel save cos i believe in tomorrow. He is a divorcee, i didnt worry abt that. I stood by him since last year till he got a house dis february. Bx march i started noticing things. Ive asked him severally what d problem was but he said its just stress cos he got an event contract with a company. At a point he even borrowed some money from me, got to find out that it was cos of d girl he is planning to marry that came visiting bt he was too broke to host her.
This life and thd men in it are heartless. Tell me how i can ever love another? Am dying silently, please i need friends to talk to or even a proper job to help me get over this hurt, am self destructive!

All is well, be patient and the Lord will reward you for your patience. Be strong of heart and have courage. Remain steadfast, for you are a victor and not a victim.

1 Like

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by slimyem: 8:53pm On May 01, 2012
Hmmmn....
...the things women go thru in the hands of these arseholes called MEN..
Op,pele jare!
No man is worth all your tears and pain..
You get over it IN TIME!
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Fulaman198(m): 8:55pm On May 01, 2012
slimyem: Hmmmn....
...the things women go thru in the hands of these arseholes called MEN..
Op,pele jare!
No man is worth all your tears and pain..
You get over it IN TIME!

You sound a bit sexist. Please don't categorize us all in one category. Every man is different. No two men are the same. Women tend to pursue the wrong men (see I can say that too).

4 Likes

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Exponental(m): 8:57pm On May 01, 2012
Be strong....he was a mirage.
Use dat as ur prayer point if u believe in prayer.
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 01, 2012
@op, if u must knw †ЂΞ truth, Ūя̲̅ situation Ȋ̝̊̅§ goin τ̅☺ hurt a lot. But time will heal all. Take it as it. Poo happens. U r nt alone, Millions of persons HªvΣ gone tru, are goin tru, & r yet τ̅☺ go tru it. dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ Ūя̲̅ own time τ̅☺ xperience it, ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ learn & move. Av gone tru it b4 so i knw Ђδω u feel. Hope dis truth will comfort u......
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by slimyem: 9:07pm On May 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

You sound a bit sexist. Please don't categorize us all in one category. Every man is different. No two men are the same. Women tend to pursue the wrong men (see I can say that too).
not sexist!
I'm only identifying with the op in this case!
We all have reasons for the things we say and the judgements we make of people...
I wish i dont have to put all men in the same category but everyday that passes is a cementation of the 'all men are the same' phrase. And its not a one-sided thig,men too are quick to identify with the 'all women are the same' phrase
Sorry,but that's my opinion until proven otherwise!
Sad!

1 Like

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by 190: 9:14pm On May 01, 2012
Hehehehe - A sharp nija man don host her loco

Hehehe! cheesy
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by diamondlove: 9:18pm On May 01, 2012
Cry all u can, drink as much as u want, smoke if u do
U will get over it in no time
Tho hard, bt my dear b strong for yourself
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 01, 2012
Mmmhhhh soo many comments but nobody saying the truth. OP see the truth is bitter so please pardon me. Look at how pretty you are and just like you said you chose to chase single, responsible, hardworking men away because of a divorcee what were you thinking. If he was that good how come he couldn't hold jis marriage together. Upon all you have been reading on nairaland people like you ought to be spanked severally.and to think that you can now come and expect NLDeRs to pity you. I think you have a low self esteem to have condemeed yourself to a divorcee , a widower would have been better. Sometime's I am forced to ask myself wether some thing's are not diabolical especially when I read stories like your's. When you should be busy building your future with a young, single man like yourself you chose to hang out with a divorcee who might have beaten the hell out of his wife, someone who has no repect whatsoever for the marriage institution and now you want thim to behave like he is what he is not. As you lay your bed so you lie on it. I know how scarce it is to find a single, responsible man these day's but it has not gotten to a stage where a sane single lady who is not physically deformed and as pretty as yourself will commit suicide over one buffon of a man who is on his second marriage and still counting. You better wake up from your slumber admit you made a mistake and move on.

12 Likes

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by kemiola89(f): 9:33pm On May 01, 2012
i really feel ur pain i know how it felt to be hurt cos i've bin dere before. You wil definitely survive it,
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Cultured(m): 9:34pm On May 01, 2012
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by wolexojo(m): 9:35pm On May 01, 2012
Self destruct! Abeg u in d name of God,just don't go there. Pick up the crumbs of your life and move on. Forgive him if u want to be free of any guilt and i bet u ur own man will come running along.
Am sorry for your hurt but life has never been fair. Just let go and be happy.
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Riodiao(m): 11:47pm On May 01, 2012
chai ya d gurl is suffering. But gurls r heartless too.Remember dat
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Riodiao(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2012
190: Hehehehe - A sharp nija man don host her loco

Hehehe! cheesy
hahahahahahahahahaha. Roflmao! Hahahahahahahaha
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Onegai(f): 11:59pm On May 01, 2012
Cry it out, feel free to post a million times here if venting helps. Pele. He will get his just reward, I've never seen karma miss anyone, so don't bother hating him. Don't expend any emotion on him.
Take care of yourself now, don't be alone. Pray. Do something that keeps you busy, in fact do a lot of somethings. In time, all will be well and guard your heart. It seems that the world is full of wickedness and Trust is a fairytale. Pele
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by dealordea(m): 12:38am On May 02, 2012
Thank God the op is not dead yet and don't worry you will survive it, though it might come hard on you but if you could keep yourself busy with the buy and selling of stuff you are into, things will turn out for the better but the naija guy play sharp on you, it happen always, men playing ladies and ladies playing men and I must say, I feel your pain Big time... Just get over it, try to involve urself with some other stuff and try to quite thinking!!!

Hehehehehhehe... Naija guy!! I hail una ooo
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by 190: 1:06am On May 02, 2012
No need, I believe the OP must have hung herself by now

ABEG NOR VEX - NA JOKE I DEY OOOH grin grin grin
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by gentlejohn(m): 3:23am On May 02, 2012
Just try as much as u can 2 4giv d guy,u need 2 seriously n sincerely do dt first. Then pray n fill ur heart wit d rite scripture ,move on wit ur life ,get a job n start living ur life again. U V a long way 2 go in life ,don't start d pity party now,consciously evaluate ur life,create rules abt relationship.Neva try 2 pls any man,jus do d rite things n d rite man wil com n stay. Be strong God wil c u 2ru.
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by makky(f): 5:26am On May 02, 2012
Thank you all for your comments, really been motivating. No, didnt come seeking pity, just wanted to say it out loud and free myself from the worry. I love criticisms, they make me stronger and i get to learn where my mistakes were made. Nothings heals any wound other than time no matter, atleast its nt marriage and i know what he is after.
A pretty face isnt hurt proof or neither does it guarantee a safe relations and am bound to make mistakes. A divorcee also needs second chances, if I had the opportunity to see his ex wife to ask questions, believe me I would have. Its nt abt single or divorced, its abt who was in ur life at a particular time. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by frank317: 5:39am On May 02, 2012
u had it all wrong wen i went for a divorceee without proper investigation

ladies please use ur brain
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Nobody: 6:47am On May 02, 2012
Can you translate that epistle to a language a professional student would understand? (Of course you can. Please, do)

I could barely get past the first line.
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Excellent7(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2012
Yes it will hurt but you surely can and will come through this. Cry and let it get off you.If you do your best to make a relationship work from your end and yet it does not work, then possibly it is not meant to work. Some once said that some rejections are really directions.Look at it on the other side, and be grateful he had left now and did not have to string you on and waste more of your time (a great resource). Very importantly, let this make you be cautious but not to become bitter , unloving or unlovable. The one for you can now come !!!
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 02, 2012
Take heart Makky.
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Skii(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2012
cry
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by LaParisienne(f): 11:26am On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Can you translate that epistle to a language a profession student would understand? (Of course you can. Please, do)
I could barely get past the first line.
Eyesore

1 Like

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Dyt(f): 11:28am On May 02, 2012
^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by r231(m): 11:32am On May 02, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by SteLette(f): 12:04pm On May 02, 2012
Im a frequent lurker on nairaland but got so touched by your story I had to reply.

Really sorry about te situation..I can only imagine what went through your mind when you saw that IV. Its such a pity a human can do something so evil to another human. I could relate with you because I am an introvert as well and dont have many friends but I suggest you speak with someone you are remotely close to. Please please speak to people and dont keep lonely cuz its not worth taking your life over some man that not even worth it.

keep your head up. Promise it will be alright.This will pass...

2 Likes

Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by honeric01(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2012
Don't let the distractions of the day make you lose focus of the bigger picture, your dreams. The more connected you are, the harder the enemy works to take you down or break your spirit. How does he accomplish that? Everyone in your life is there for a purpose... some to do good... some to do bad... don't be naive to the people around you... use wisdom always.

Also know this: Some people need to pay attention to the people they consider their friends... Make better choices...
Re: How Will I Ever Survive This? by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 02, 2012
La Parisienne:
Eyesore
Fixed. Like water drop on sore eyes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am In Trouble My Cousin Wants To Sleep With Me / True Love Sex Story / And She Finally Said Yes! I Am Off The Market Ladies (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.