Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Is Life Really Better Abroad? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Life Really Better Abroad? (43856 Views)

Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better off Than Their Home Based Counterparts? / Are Nigerians Abroad Really Better Than Their Home Based Counterpart / What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2007
Which kain money?You no know ao people dey suffer for Europe?D only way someone will tell me of money in Europe is illegal deals.Life is harder in Europe pls.Lets face reality.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by candylips(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2007
maybe the guy na runs guy for europe
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by OmoEko1(f): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2007
9ja4eva:

Which kain money?You no know ao people dey suffer for Europe?D only way someone will tell me of money in Europe is illegal deals.Life is harder in Europe please.Lets face reality.
Abeg no kill me ohhhhhhhhhh, i no fit laugh anymore.

Na illegal business he they do jooooooooo
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2007
Yeah its true.People shld learn to say d truth.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by macro: 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2007
abi oo, and when others don hear say money dey for Urope, they look for all means, illegal mean especially to go there,

say it like it is.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2007
Exactly.When dey get dere dem go realize say khaki no be leather.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2007
Naija4ever, Khaki no be leather. That is a funny expression that I have not heard in a very long time. smiley
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 6:53am On Apr 04, 2007
Wow dts jst one of d so so called true talk in 9ja.LOL grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2007
candylips:

maybe the guy na runs guy for europe

maybe thats what you do if you are in Europe

Omo Eko:

Abeg no kill me ohhhhhhhhhh, i no fit laugh anymore.

Na illegal business he they do jooooooooo

na your papa dey do illegal business for Europe or where ever he dey

every person that comes from Europe comes with money unless deported and don't tell me about the sufferings because people suffer more in Nigeria, you suffer but you get something and that is good and the likes of you greedy ones that don't want to see more people over there will continue crying because more people will be coming and i do encourage it

open your eyes fellows if you are in Europe and not calling names here
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by ultrafem(f): 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2007
who says life is better abroad?
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2007
i am the one saying it bcuase i am living it firsthand
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by candylips(m): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2007
u just deyt talk trash boi
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2007
na your mouth dey talk trash bushman
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by ultrafem(f): 2:27am On Apr 08, 2007
romeo:

so have i for a time in my life , so have many people i know and it aint the greatest . but i will not discount your opinion after all i have not walked in your boots
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2007
romeo:

Its possible with d help of credit facility.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by candylips(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2007
romeo:

na your mouth dey talk trash bushman

na ur papa be bushman idiot
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2007
candylips:

na your papa be bushman idiot

leave my papa out of this and talk to me fool.

You will die of envy my brother and that is the worst death a man can have, maybe you're in Europe and walloping in poverty and coupled with blindness, you think everyone else is like you, maybe you're too educated to do some certain jobs and also your education can not fetch you the job you desire, but i doubt if you have this (education) and if you are in nigeria just keep your dirty mouth shut
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by candylips(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2007
u dey craze
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2007
candylips:

u dey craze

ahhh he lacks education grin grin i just found out
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by candylips(m): 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2007
nna bros na wa for you o
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by romeo(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2007
na for you no be for me, i mean the wa
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 7:20am On Apr 10, 2007
Hardlife abroad.Work Work Work
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by adeb(m): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2007
why una dey abuse una sefssssssss grin, talk is cheap; in all discussions you listen and take the ones you like, then discard the dirty ones, please don't let us use this forum to abuse ourselves afterall we are one. let us respect one another.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by ukmugun(m): 4:47am On Apr 23, 2007
@adeb
"why una dey abuse una sefssssssss , talk is cheap; in all discussions you listen and take the ones you like, then discard the dirty ones, please don't let us use this forum to abuse ourselves afterall we are one. let us respect one another."

UP AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by bybynaija(m): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2007
was wrong with u guys, it seems una don belle food abi! to be sincere everybody knows life is better in abroad, but home will always be home,no matter what happen. na ur wasted time for embassy we should talk about or the years it takes u to win appeal. but all the same we all still miss naija. life is better in abroad my brother, but also got is dot. make money and spend it wisely in naija, i remember years back, when i was in naija, i have the believe to travelled abroad and say byebye to naija as my name. But when i got here, i know discover alot of lapse,and is not upto standard i expected, is very hard to get a job expecially if u are illegal, even though u be legal, as far as ur papa no get company for abroad, u must hear wen. i now believe no where is easy my brother, but life is still better and condusive abroad, but i suggest is better to get money and try come back home and help the less priviledge onces, to start a small business of ur own. plaese brother's and sista's lets try and give the correct and geniune information to people who want to come abroad, so then can be aware what abroad life is all about. and those that like to go back home, surely the door of muritala airport is always open 24/7 .
life is better in abroad but u will get depressed in the long run.
xxxx grin
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 2:41am On Apr 26, 2007
I still maintain, "There is no place like home". Sociologists have even confirmed it though with controversy, that Nigerians are the happiest people in the world. Home is home no matter what. As I have grown older, I have realized that acquisition of material goods, just does not make you happy. Life is about sharing with the less fortunate ones. I consider myself blessed in nearly all aspects, living in Nigeria and living in America. I do plan to go home someday, whether it is for good or not, I cant say, for sure, but I'd like to establish like an NGO. Maybe something along the line of a cassava processing machine and palm oil processing machine. I believe that when God puts you in lofty position, it is your chance to help out other less privileged ones in the society.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by felia(f): 7:52pm On May 03, 2007
Ndipe:

I still maintain, "There is no place like home". Sociologists have even confirmed it though with controversy, that Nigerians are the happiest people in the world. Home is home no matter what. As I have grown older, I have realized that acquisition of material goods, just does not make you happy. Life is about sharing with the less fortunate ones. I consider myself blessed in nearly all aspects, living in Nigeria and living in America. I do plan to go home someday, whether it is for good or not, I can't say, for sure, but I'd like to establish like an NGO. Maybe something along the line of a cassava processing machine and palm oil processing machine. I believe that when God puts you in lofty position, it is your chance to help out other less privileged ones in the society.

That sucks boy, if Nigerians are happy people what are you doing in u.s, happiness doesn't give you what you what at times so get to the point.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by walmart: 6:57pm On May 04, 2007
Apart from electricity, water, roads, Naija is not bad. If I have all these will live in naija
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by Ynot(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2007
walmart:

Apart from electricity, water, roads, Naija is not bad. If I have all these will live in naija

Not with a name like walmart. We will rob you blind.
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by 9ja4eva: 10:45am On May 05, 2007
lol
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by omoge(f): 6:12pm On May 10, 2007
umm, oh well, Bills bills bills, every month you are stucked with the Gbese called bills.

No longer is anything free, you can NEVER escape payments, unlike in naija. You can't ask to borrow anything.

You pay for

Water
light
Car loan
mortgage if you own the house OR rent if you are renting the apartment
House Phone
Cell Phone
Cable (TV is not free o)
Internet
House Insurance
Car Insurance

by the time you are done paying for all of the above and even more, eeeya  grin
everywhere has its own problem. let's make the best of wherever we are  grin
Re: Is Life Really Better Abroad? by Rlst84sale(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2007
I don't know why people who live abroad sometimes make ignorant comments.

1. Most African countries have been colonized, oppressed and robbed for centuries.

2. Majority of the western world have started their technology campaign for hundred of years

3. Even most of our people including many in this thread have only one thing on their and that is me, myself and I, whatever I can get, and screw somebody else.

Why compare apple with orange?.

Now back to life abroad. What you enjoy abroad is good road, stable power and water supply, if you dial 911 police will respond, and the governments somehow respond to their Nationals concerns majority of the time. Even as good as all these nice things sound you pay through you nose for them. You constantly work, and work and work even we that are in business. If we earn half of what we earn here in Naija, we will be having a great time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Flying From Abuja To Port Harcourt: Nairalander Observation: Pictures & Video / Man Celebrates His Sixth Accident With No Scratch And Got These Replies (photos) / 2 Female Police Officers Die In Car Crash While On Their Way To Akwa Ibom (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.