Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? (8919 Views)

Theists Present The Evidence For Your Beliefs! / Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? / Are Your Feeling Hurt When Your Beliefs And Religion Are Criticised? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by 2good(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2012
Syenite:

Pardon me but I later discovered that u are not a scientist. To the bolded, just like God said let the water separate from waters and Land abi? and next thing rush rush rush (like a cartoon) u just see water flying up and down and water rushing away from land. These are scientific processes that took place and are still taking place over millions of years not as instantaneous as you think. God said let there be light and he allowed the scientific porcesses to follow its course.Besides the bible does not give graphic details of events. When the bible said in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth it did not state all the processes involved and how long ok? O gush! this thing u are argueing u know nothing of it.Common don't be blinded! I remind u again that the bible does not lie! Give your life to Christ and you will never regret u did. My brother Jesus loves you. smiley

What proof do you have for all the processes you are describing above authoritatively? Its obvious you have not been involved in research where you have to explain every occurrence you see and as long as you don't have proof, you do not insinuate. The extra things you are saying is just a way of Christians trying to look for the most ridiculous reason to try and tie scientific findings with the bible. The Muslim also try to do same, but at the end of the day, you just sound like a scaler quantity not understanding where you are coming from and going to.
Research is simply done to be sure of what is happening otherwise you will only have hypothesis which is not authoritative and subject to criticism and review.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2012
Logicboy, scientifically, the missing link between ape and man is yet to be found and that is because there is none. The only remaining explanation is that primates of some sort was genetically altered artificially to become man. Targeted mutation, if you will.
logicboy:
7) Evolution shows that man was not created. The bible claims that man was created. Man evolved from a common ancestor with monkeys.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:38pm On May 04, 2012
Everybody seems to be geologist in here. I have counted like 5 so far. I am sure few of the so-called geologists ever did any field work judging by their posts. More like lab theory heads. grin
mkmyers45: Its good to have fellow geologists in the house cool
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by mkmyers45(m): 3:41pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Everybody seems to be geologist in here. I have counted like 5 so far.
We seem to be populous here..
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Syenite(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2012
2good:

[b]What proof do you have for all the processes [/b]you are describing above authoritatively? Its obvious you have not been involved in research where you have to explain every occurrence you see and as long as you don't have proof, you do not insinuate. The extra things you are saying is just a way of Christians trying to look for the most ridiculous reason to try and tie scientific findings with the bible. The Muslim also try to do same, but at the end of the day, you just sound like a scaler quantity not understanding where you are coming from and going to.
Research is simply done to be sure of what is happening otherwise you will only have hypothesis which is not authoritative and subject to criticism and review.

What proofs do you people also have for you to discredit the bible? I am a thorough scientist and I talk with assertiveness you can discredit that too if u want to. This is science and not politics.We talk based on principles, facts and realities. Give your live to christ. Jesus loves u too.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Syenite(m): 3:46pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Everybody seems to be geologist in here. I have counted like 5 so far. I am sure few of the so-called geologists ever did any field work judging by their posts. More like lab theory heads. grin

So which profession(if any) do u belong to? And what is ur opinion(if any) on the subject matter?
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2012
Are you a scientist yourself, syenite? Because you hardly sound like one to me. You sound more like a bible-head pretending to be a scientist behind your keyboard. No offense.
Syenite:

Pardon me but I later discovered that u are not a scientist. To the bolded, just like God said let the water separate from waters and Land abi? and next thing rush rush rush (like a cartoon) u just see water flying up and down and water rushing away from land. These are scientific processes that took place and are still taking place over millions of years not as instantaneous as you think. God said let there be light and he allowed the scientific porcesses to follow its course.Besides the bible does not give graphic details of events. When the bible said in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth it did not state all the processes involved and how long ok? O gush! this thing u are argueing u know nothing of it.Common don't be blinded! I remind u again that the bible does not lie! Give your life to Christ and you will never regret u did. My brother Jesus loves you. smiley
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2012
I am a parapsychologist and a writer.

My opinion about what matter?
Syenite:

So which profession(if any) do u belong to? And what is ur opinion(if any) on the subject matter?
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by lagcity(m): 3:56pm On May 04, 2012
I'm a biologist and atheist. The fastest way to lose your religion is to study Biology or Biochemistry. That's why i'm surprised by Ben Carson (Ace NeuroSurgeon), mehn that niggaa is crazy. sorry.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by 2good(m): 3:57pm On May 04, 2012
Syenite: I am a Geologist by profession, been practising for over 7years part of which I majored in Micropaleontology which deals with study of ancient life and dating of rocks.So this topic is my Baby.There is a near 100% correlation between what the bible says and what Geology says.
Take for instance in Genesis Chapter 1 vs 1-2: the bible says in the Begining God created the heavens and the Earth. Now the Earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Correlation of that part of scripture with Geology:Note that the book of Genesis was written by Moses.
1."In the begining God created the heavens and the Earth"-Moses the author did not know precisely when, he just said in the begining; Geologist also don't know exactly when the Earth was formed. The oldest rock discovered this far is about 4billion years old. The age of the Earth was estimated to be 4.5billion years + or - 0.2billion to accomodate for any other older rock yet to be discovered. Lesson is both the Geologist and Moses don't know the exact age of the earth

2."Now the Earth was formless and empty".Moses gave a very good discription of the earth here; According to the Geologist Shortly after the "big bang" that preceeded the formation of the earth, the earth was heated up and made of molten rocks which were fluid-like and u know fluids don't have a particular form, they take the form of the vessel they contain. Moses said "empty"; the geologist say lifeless.

3."darkness was over the surface of the deep" Moses could be discribing the "deep" as the various depressions, valleys, rifts etc. Darkness here means there was no sunlight. Geologically, the Earth is older than the Sun. Which means the Earth was existing in Darkness before God said let there be light.

4."and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters". The waters being discribed here could include the ancient seas and inland waters that existed prio to life.

5. Verse 3 of Genesis:1 says "let there be light and there was light light"-This corresponds to the formation the Sun that gives light and life to Earth.

6. Verse 6-9 of Genesis:1 describes how waters where separated from waters and waters separated from Land. Geologically this was when the atmosphere was formed separating the water in the atmosphere from that over the lithosphere i.e the hydrosphere. Water separating from land is Geologically desribed as Marine regression which is later usually followed by transgression- a cycle which is still in operation today!

7 Verse 11-12 of Genesis:1 describes creation of plants and Vegetation, Verse 20 describes the creation of the birds, Verse 21 God Created Sea creatures, verse 24 God created Land creatures. and finally verse 26 God said Let us make man. The Geologists should look at the Geological time scale following the evolution of life and events sequence from Paleozoic to Recent and see if it does not tally with the sequence as described from Genesis 11-26!

8 On the issue of timing of the total creation sequence which to me is the only major Difference, the bible says 1 day in the sight of God IS LIKE [/b]and not [b]IS 1,000 years in sight of Man. Author of that scripture was using that to describe how Magnificient God is. The Author does not know precisely the scale of convertion (and no living creature on earht today knows). He could easily had written 1 million yrs or 10million yrs and that would easily have been established today.

9 All the earth quakes, Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Volcanic Eruptions of today have been in existence for millions of years and were created by God and not Geologists!!

I believe in the Almghty God - the Maker of the Heavens and the Earth.
I rest my case for now. Any questions? Criticisms are welcomed.

NAPE-Our Ideas find Oil and Gas!

I don't want to refute every single point you have raise here but want to let you know that 90% of the comparison you made between geology and science is senseless.
Only way to redeem your discoveries is to try to get your religious geological findings accepted by international geological associations and get a publication in one of their prestigious journals. Pending when you achieve that, all what you've said above is hogwash.
Look as someone with some science background, I would appreciate your behaving like a scientist and don't let sentiments influence your analysis of events, instead don't go scientific if you don't have clear evidence otherwise you will be like a joke to other people with strong science background.
I personally dont believe everything I was taught in my geology classes until I have some clear evidence. For example I dont believe the concept of Orogeny and continental collision in Geology but I cannot disprove what other geologist have said because I have no evidence to disprove their findings so far. I also did not believe in geological stories that explains geological history of an area by analysing outcrops and tying it to geological subsurface either gotten from logs or seismic analysis until I went down a mine shaft in Germany to a dept of about 1800ft where I was able to do proper correlation between some of the outcrop formation in the Netherlands and the equivalent of such outcrops 1800 below sea level in Germany. Those observations made me to believe geological stories because these stories have proof. I was also taken to a Dinosaur museum in Germany where geologist preserved some footprint that were alleged to have been created by Dinosaurs when they walk the face of the earth, but I did not believe the story because I asked the Geologist why they did not think that such print could have been caused by something else but did not get a clear answer.
My point in the above stories is that people have the right to believe what they want to believe and even Geologist don't have thesame agreement in theories relating to depositional sequence of the sub surface based on sequence stratigraphy because Geology is not like pure science.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Syenite(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Are you a scientist yourself, syenite? Because you hardly sound like one to me. You sound more like a bible-head pretending to be a scientist behind your keyboard. No offense.

Well, u are entitled to ur opinion. So Mr Parapsychologist/writer what do u have to contibute?
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 4:00pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Logicboy, scientifically, the missing link between ape and man is yet to be found and that is because there is none. The only remaining explanation is that primates of some sort was genetically altered artificially to become man. Targeted mutation, if you will.

Please read about human transitional fossils. I'm tired of posting the same thing over and over again. Evolution is a well grounded theory accepted by most scienitsts. Let me direct you to my previous post;

logicboy:

1) Monkeys and human beings have a common ancestors

2) Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation).

3) Humans and monkeys speciated apart from our common ancestors over four million years ago. Different species, same family

4) That is why monkeys or gorillas can not evolve into humans presently. Humans will give birth to more evolved humans and monkeys will give birth to more evolved monkeys.

5)The evidence for this is shown with human transitional fossils of the early humans. A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil).

Human transitional fossils

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96bkdohMZE

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2012
Where is the missing link, logicboy? None of what you showed me has proven to be the link. When you have it, let us know.
logicboy:

Please read about human transitional fossils. I'm tired of posting the same thing over and over again. Evolution is a well grounded theory accepted by most scienitsts. Let me direct you to my previous post;

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:26pm On May 04, 2012
Okay, here's my contribution to the thread. As a writer and parapsychologist, i have learned and seen enough to conclude that there is more to life than meets the 5 senses. Far more. That stops me from going down the atheistic "there is no God or supernatural" belief alley way but also avoiding being swallowed up by the Judeo-Christian faith.

End of contribution.
Syenite:

Well, u are entitled to ur opinion. So Mr Parapsychologist/writer what do u have to contibute?
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by 2good(m): 4:32pm On May 04, 2012
logicboy:

Evolution theory is still not based on 100% fact. Anybody can decide to disbelieve the theory just like many of use refuses to accept the creationist theory. If you ask me about origin of life, my answer will be simple. I dont know and not sure from all logical reason but on comparison, evolution makes more sense than creationist theory. However, the theory of natural selection makes perfect sense and can be used to explain changes in the behaviour of natural species based on the environment they find themselves. Try not to force the evolution theory on people because that is not what Atheism/ Agnosticism is about. It is about refusing to believe in god and treating things with an open mind, accepting only things that are logical. Forcing people to believe the evolution theory is thesame as Christians and Muslim forcing you to believe creationist theory.
To explain what science is about, the most simple example is if you put a blue litmus paper in an acid, it will turn red while a red litmus paper on coming in contact with a base, turns blue. If you try the experiment 1 million times, you will get thesame result atleast 90% of the time with the 10% allowing for some slight deviation or abnormal behaviour. So a fact is a fact and can hardly be faulted. Another example is the earth is round. It is a fact from photo evidence and cannot be faulted. Evolution theory on the other hands is not a fact.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 4:33pm On May 04, 2012
Syenite:

I never said that I was a scientist but you have exposed yourself as a fake scientist;

1) You falsely claimed that the earth was older than the sun (because the bible says the earth is older). However, I corrected you and told you that scientifically the sun is older

Syenite: I am a Geologist by profession

3."darkness was over the surface of the deep" Moses could be discribing the "deep" as the various depressions, valleys, rifts etc. Darkness here means there was no sunlight. Geologically, the Earth is older than the Sun. Which means the Earth was existing in Darkness before God said let there be light.

2) You changed your story after I caught you. You then said that the sun was there before the earth but the sun wasnt bright and the earth was waiting for the sun to get bright. That is another lie because the sun was bright during planetary formation, according to science (astrophysics and the formation of stars) or if you read about stellar evolution. http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~gab/astrophysics/astrophysics.html

Syenite:

The accretion that led to the formation of the Sun Started just before 4.7bilion yrs ago and ended around 4.2 billion years ago.Is that making sense to u my bro? Being that the sun started forming almost when the earth was created and it took 0.5billion yrs ie 500million for the sun to develop completely, it shows that for several millions of years the earth was in darkness waiting for the sun to be fully developed.

3) You also claimed that the bible doesnt lie.
Syenite:
I remind u again that the bible does not lie! Give your life to Christ and you will never regret u did. My brother Jesus loves you. smiley

-is the bible lying when it is telling us that God said that isrealites should kill witches?

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

-is the bible lying when it is telling us that God said that isrealites should stone homosexuals?

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Planetary formation;

[img]http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~gab/astrophysics/starformation_mccaughrean.gif[/img]

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 4:40pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: Where is the missing link, logicboy? None of what you showed me has proven to be the link. When you have it, let us know.

Ignorance. Do you know what missing link means? please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_link#Misunderstandings

Read about human transitional fossils before you argue what you dont know
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 4:46pm On May 04, 2012
2good:

Evolution theory is still not based on 100% fact. Anybody can decide to disbelieve the theory just like many of use refuses to accept the creationist theory. If you ask me about origin of life, my answer will be simple. I dont know and not sure from all logical reason but on comparison, evolution makes more sense than creationist theory. However, the theory of natural selection makes perfect sense and can be used to explain changes in the behaviour of natural species based on the environment they find themselves. Try not to force the evolution theory on people because that is not what Atheism/ Agnosticism is about. It is about refusing to believe in god and treating things with an open mind, accepting only things that are logical. Forcing people to believe the evolution theory is thesame as Christians and Muslim forcing you to believe creationist theory.
To explain what science is about, the most simple example is if you put a blue litmus paper in an acid, it will turn red while a red litmus paper on coming in contact with a base, turns blue. If you try the experiment 1 million times, you will get thesame result atleast 90% of the time with the 10% allowing for some slight deviation or abnormal behaviour. So a fact is a fact and can hardly be faulted. Another example is the earth is round. It is a fact from photo evidence and cannot be faulted. Evolution theory on the other hands is not a fact.

1)Please, understand what a scientific theory is. There is the theory of gravity and theory of evolution.

2) Creationism and evolution are not alternatives. Creationism is guess work. Evolution has studies and evidence. Please do not compare the two as equal.

3) Human evolution has its evidence and there are transitional fossils.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by AlusiOkija: 5:04pm On May 04, 2012
The bible according to Moses:
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created[fn1] the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 The earth was empty, a formless mass cloaked in darkness. And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface.
Gen 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." Together these made up one day.
Gen 1:6 And God said, "Let there be space between the waters, to separate water from water."
Gen 1:7 And so it was. God made this space to separate the waters above from the waters below.
Gen 1:8 And God called the space "sky." This happened on the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, "Let the waters beneath the sky be gathered into one place so dry ground may appear." And so it was.
Gen 1:10 God named the dry ground "land" and the water "seas." And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11 Then God said, "Let the land burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant. And let there be trees that grow seed-bearing fruit. The seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came." And so it was.
Gen 1:12 The land was filled with seed-bearing plants and trees, and their seeds produced plants and trees of like kind. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 This all happened on the third day.
Gen 1:14 And God said, "Let bright lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. They will be signs to mark off the seasons, the days, and the years.
Gen 1:15 Let their light shine down upon the earth." And so it was.
Gen 1:16 For God made two great lights, the sun and the moon, to shine down upon the earth. The greater one, the sun, presides during the day; the lesser one, the moon, presides through the night. He also made the stars.
Gen 1:17 God set these lights in the heavens to light the earth,
Gen 1:18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 This all happened on the fourth day.

1.1 - HEAVENS & EARTH SO according to this, the first thing God created was HEAVEN & EARTH.

1:2 - FORMLESS SHAPELESS EARTH

1:3 - LET THERE BE LIGHT Now the problem here is what light are we talking about here?! Because the sun wasnt created until verse 14. Geologically, it is common knowledge that the earth gets its light from the solar system. So!! do explain!

1:4-5 - SEPARATION OF LIGHT & DARKNESS This we understood to be the formation of day and night. But if the sun was created until verse 14, how does this make any sense. AND JUST SO YOU KNOW!! As at this point, The bible officially created DAY & NIGHT!! 24 hr cycles.

1:6-8 - SEPARATION OF CLOUD WATER AND GROUND WATER Now we all learnt elementary water cycle, which allows for evaporation due to heat from the sun, condensation, precipitation and the cycle continues. Now if we are trying to tye creation and geology together, how do you account for eveaporation without sunlight?!

1:9-10 - LAND FORMATION Now, geologically, there is no eveidence ever that the world was ever flooded at any point in history. A global flood would be detectable today in terms of geological markers such as 'uniformity of deposition/sedimentation' that could be found all over the world. A single layer of earth that would have the same geology. Unfortunately, none exists. The bible holds two accounts of flooding all in Genesis and none can be proven geologically.

1:11-13 - VEGETATION Now, how does vegetation survive in the absence of sunlight?! And the interesting part is that the plants started reproducing withing the space of 24hrs.

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 14-18 - SUNLIGHT IS FINALLY CREATED Clearly states that God went on to make luminaries in the heavens (the sun and moon) to divide day and night. But God already divided it once already in verse 3 of Chapter 1. SO according to this, the SUN & MOON are both younger than the earth. . . The earth had been recieving light since chapter 2, despite the absence of the sun which is the only source of light known to man. Geologically, the earth is approximately 4.5 Billion years old, the sun is 4.5billion years m- 5 billion years old, and the Moon is definitely y older than both the earth and the sun according to the results of dating carried out on the moon rock brought back from space by the Apollo crew. Geologically, this is an EPIC FAIL.

AND THE KING OF ALL BIBLICAL FHUCK-UPS; THE EARTH BEING OLDER THAN THE STARS!!!! Geologically unforgivable!!
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Santino1(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2012
I don't want to refute every single point you have raise here but want to let you know that 90% of the comparison you made between geology and science is senseless.
Only way to redeem your discoveries is to try to get your religious geological findings accepted by international geological associations and get a publication in one of their prestigious journals. Pending when you achieve that, all what you've said above is hogwash.
Look as someone with some science background, I would appreciate your behaving like a scientist and don't let sentiments influence your analysis of events, instead don't go scientific if you don't have clear evidence otherwise you will be like a joke to other people with strong science background.
I personally dont believe everything I was taught in my geology classes until I have some clear evidence. For example I dont believe the concept of Orogeny and continental collision in Geology but I cannot disprove what other geologist have said because I have no evidence to disprove their findings so far. I also did not believe in geological stories that explains geological history of an area by analysing outcrops and tying it to geological subsurface either gotten from logs or seismic analysis until I went down a mine shaft in Germany to a dept of about 1800ft where I was able to do proper correlation between some of the outcrop formation in the Netherlands and the equivalent of such outcrops 1800 below sea level in Germany. Those observations made me to believe geological stories because these stories have proof. I was also taken to a Dinosaur museum in Germany where geologist preserved some footprint that were alleged to have been created by Dinosaurs when they walk the face of the earth, but I did not believe the story because I asked the Geologist why they did not think that such print could have been caused by something else but did not get a clear answer.
My point in the above stories is that people have the right to believe what they want to believe and even Geologist don't have thesame agreement in theories relating to depositional sequence of the sub surface based on sequence stratigraphy because Geology is not like pure science.

Been always skeptical about that too but my study of the detrital cooling ages (using the U-Th/He and Ar 40/39 thermochronometers)of the Himalaya changed my whole views.

P.S: glad to know we have so many geologists in the house.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by lilkech(m): 6:47pm On May 04, 2012
@alusi :

you have really done your home work on how to dis-credit my God. i know you will be forgiven, i only hope it happens on time

i have been following your posts on this thread and wish you favor me with an answer to this my question

do you confirm the existence of MAGIC ?

either yes or no please kindly enlighten me with your reason(s)

2 Likes

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:53pm On May 04, 2012
buzugee: No Sir. a job is just that, a job. just something to put food on the table. my foray into the truth is as a result of my deep pride and militancy. i just kept on wondering why the world is the way it was. why africa was a perpetual plunder of the west. why every product in the world was shipped to the west while the rest of us starved. why a race of people would enslave another race of people for 400 years. why i was percieved as an inferior being by like almost all the world. why why why why why ? dig ? constant battle between what i knew i was worth and what i was percieved as by society. thats what affected my beliefs. a job is just a job.
Very good comment.

I agree 100%.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2012
There is no missing link, logicboy. It has never been found. Quit screwing around.
logicboy:

Ignorance. Do you know what missing link means? please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_link#Misunderstandings

Read about human transitional fossils before you argue what you dont know
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by deols(f): 7:38pm On May 04, 2012
@ Op, I dont need science to reaffirm my belief in God. Imagine that I was on earth when the evolution theory was postulated, I'd be needing God or the holy book to explain to me why all the Lizards around haven't turned human.

Nevertheless, there's a bit of science that prove the truth in the words of God. Not that proving it really matters. it just happens that I find them and am ready to share.

1. THe six degrees of burn
-[url] http://www.anapolschwartz.com/practices/burn-injury/burn-degrees.asp[/url]

Third degree burns go all the way through the skin. The most common causes of this severe injury are electricity, chemicals and fire. Skin that has been damaged by a third degree burn may appear black or white. The nerve endings have been destroyed so the affected area might not hurt but the area adjacent to it will likely hurt. A burn of this severity may cause the victim to go into shock.

what the QUr'an says-->
"Those who reject our signs. We shall soon cast into the fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the chastisement” (Nisaa’:56)

explanation--> there are six degrees of burn but mostly, we talk of three for the fourth is mostly fatal and d fifth & sixth diagnosed only during autopsy. Allah doesnt need the people of hell to die so he wouldnt let them get the extreme degrees(as often as their skins are roasted through). At level three/four, the nerves are damaged and the patient feels nothing hence, the need to have a change in skin since the aim of hell is to get the punishment in the first place. so they get a continual replacement.

May Allah save you and me from the fire of hell..Amin.

1 Like

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by ckkris: 7:42pm On May 04, 2012
Logicboy
Please in your your investigations, were you able to speak to a self-confessed wizard or witch, people Eddy Nawfija, killed by irate mob at Onitsha
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by deols(f): 8:06pm On May 04, 2012
2. the Prophet said that during pregnancy

God sends an angel and orders him to write four things: his provision, his age, and whether he will be wretched (shaqiyy) or blessed (sa'id). Then the spirit (ruh) is breathed into him. And by God, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which God has ordered the angel to write) proceeds, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing proceeds and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it. (Bukhari on the authority of Ibn Mas'ud; Muslim also reports something parallel).

You would start to wonder how possible that is. But science even proves that the health of an individual is largely determined by the events that occur during pregnancy. You may argue that while one is physical and can be seen, the other is spiritual and of course science can't explain that.

something similar scientists say
--->

Most people outside obstetrics consider the essential part of having a baby as childbirth...However, professionals know that life actually started some 38 weeks before this at conception...For example, the biggest simple independent variable for raised blood pressure in the 50-60 year old man is his birth weight and its ratio to placental weight, a measure of what happened in the uterus between 14 and 20 weeks of gestation.
(source-Obstetrics by ten teachers.sixteenth edition. Introduction.)
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by cyrexx: 8:19pm On May 04, 2012
deols: @ Op, I dont need science to reaffirm my belief in God. Imagine that I was on earth when the evolution theory was postulated, I'd be needing God or the holy book to explain to me why all the Lizards around haven't turned human.

Nevertheless, there's a bit of science that prove the truth in the words of God. Not that proving it really matters. it just happens that I find them and am ready to share.

1. THe six degrees of burn
-[url] http://www.anapolschwartz.com/practices/burn-injury/burn-degrees.asp[/url]

Third degree burns go all the way through the skin. The most common causes of this severe injury are electricity, chemicals and fire. Skin that has been damaged by a third degree burn may appear black or white. The nerve endings have been destroyed so the affected area might not hurt but the area adjacent to it will likely hurt. A burn of this severity may cause the victim to go into shock.

what the QUr'an says-->
"Those who reject our signs. We shall soon cast into the fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the chastisement” (Nisaa’:56)

explanation--> there are six degrees of burn but mostly, we talk of three for the fourth is mostly fatal and d fifth & sixth diagnosed only during autopsy. Allah doesnt need the people of hell to die so he wouldnt let them get the extreme degrees(as often as their skins are roasted through). At level three/four, the nerves are damaged and the patient feels nothing hence, the need to have a change in skin since the aim of hell is to get the punishment in the first place. so they get a continual replacement.

May Allah save you and me from the fire of hell..Amin.

do you know why people should not believe what your Quran says and why your prophet is not worth following, read this recent post on nairaland and see what he says to his people. go to this link
https://www.nairaland.com/929996/before-you-blame-boko-haram
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by deols(f): 8:29pm On May 04, 2012
this book says more - http://www.amazon.com/Human-development-described-Quran-Sunnah/dp/0962723649

from it...

Malpighi, considered the father of modern embryology, studying unfertilized hen's eggs in 1675, thought the eggs contained a miniature chick. While some scientists believed that the human being was fully formed in the s.perm, others believed that this preformation occurs in the ovum. The controversy ebded around 1775, when Spallanzani showed the necessity of both the ovum and the sperm for the development of a new individual. Twelve centuries earlier, the Qur'an and Sunnah had established this fact, for the Qur'an states

"O mankind: We created you from a single(pair) of a male and a female...(Al Hujurat, 49:13)

Eventually, I realise that I do not need science to prove the existence of God. It has only helped me appreciate being on the right part.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by deols(f): 8:34pm On May 04, 2012
cyrexx:

do you know why people should not believe what your Quran says and why your prophet is not worth following, read this recent post on nairaland and see what he says to his people. go to this link
https://www.nairaland.com/929996/before-you-blame-boko-haram

oh, so u think u'r d one to tell me what the prophet says to his people? you must be a joker! and btw, why not face the topic of discussion. DO u av any reason to disprove the above made claims. You can bring those on rather than trying to derail this thread. I'll check the link u posted though.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by ckkris: 9:07pm On May 04, 2012
Logicboy
Eddy Nawgu is the correct name of the self-confessed wizard referred to earlier. There're others reported by family members to newspapers at Abuja, and different parts of Nigeria.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 9:09pm On May 04, 2012
Jenwitemi: There is no missing link, logicboy. It has never been found. Quit screwing around.

Missing link is not a scientific term. It is not used in scientific circles as represents a deist theory not applicable to modern evolution. If you want to speak colloquially, the missing link you are talking about are the human transitional fossils.

Ignorance is a disease
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by beblessed(f): 9:31pm On May 04, 2012
i was trying to relate the biblical age and geological age and syenite has done that.you know,i got to see a special graph sheet called the semilog graph in my uni days.It is used for special computations. your kind of calculations maynot be what God uses and you dont know the measurement used to calculate TIME.if man says earth is 4.2 billion yrs old,in Gods time the earth maybe abt eight days old,going by any unit GOD chooses, now supposing the common units was not use because in the bible, they make reference to tens,hundreds of thousands being a single unit. sometimes when people cannot express a phenomena, they use bogus units,especially in past eras.am making these assumptions because i said i read alot of non christian articles relating to the creation story.the only problem man/science has is its inability to adequately explain evolution.Man did not appear on the first of creation, and my bible also said the same thing. The earth was prepared for man. similarly,man appeared on earth when life was suitable for him.I believe the word of God but for science,i say we still hv a long to go. science should not compete with the master or creator. creation is not an accident. we were created for a suppose and until u know God, you will always be confused.and who told you there is only one sun? we have many suns and many planets. man has not been able to see the universe in its totality, so what we know basically is our present environment, earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evidence That Catholics Worship Mary. / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.