Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? (8918 Views)

Theists Present The Evidence For Your Beliefs! / Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs? / Are Your Feeling Hurt When Your Beliefs And Religion Are Criticised? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by logicboy: 9:57pm On May 04, 2012
ckkris: Logicboy
Eddy Nawgu is the correct name of the self-confessed wizard referred to earlier. There're others reported by family members to newspapers at Abuja, and different parts of Nigeria.

He should meet me. I will buy a double-barrel shotgun and we will see if he can survive bullets to the eye and heart
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Tropilo(m): 11:20pm On May 04, 2012
As an ARCHITECT the beauty of our natural environment coupled with the various forms of nature and designs strengthens my believe that there MUST be a SUPERNATURAL force/hand behind these beauties and its formation.
If i am seen or taken as ignorant in this believe, i'd love to live and die with it. Its called FAITH. I dont need "man coined" proofs.
FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY. FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by whitedove(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2012
I AM A mining engr by training,my chosen profession has really help in my believe in GOD,palaentology...that is the study of ancient lives:it takes a fool after studying such not to believe that there is a GRAND designer of this great Universe!about the geological age of the earth that is 4.2billion years and bible's 6000 years.if you look at it critically the geological is in correlation with the Bible bearing in mind that earth existed million of years without flora and fauna,in the view of the foregoing,if you carbon date;it will only give you astronomical figure.that is why the bible recorded that in the beginning the earth was without form-no life, no nothing!
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by 2good(m): 8:23am On May 07, 2012
whitedove: I AM A mining engr by training,my chosen profession has really help in my believe in GOD,palaentology...that is the study of ancient lives:it takes a fool after studying such not to believe that there is a GRAND designer of this great Universe!about the geological age of the earth that is 4.2billion years and bible's 6000 years.if you look at it critically the geological is in correlation with the Bible bearing in mind that earth existed million of years without flora and fauna,in the view of the foregoing,if you carbon date;it will only give you astronomical figure.that is why the bible recorded that in the beginning the earth was without form-no life, no nothing!

Are you smarter than all the Geology/Mining Professors that taught you all what you know and are Atheist? Look not one of my Geology/ Mining/ Petroleum Engineering Professor believe in a god and I mean professors from one of the top universities in Europe. Infact they develop Nigerian Geology system because they worked in colaboration with Shell Nigeria when Shell started exploration activities in Nigeria back in 1935. They know the Geology more than you do and still dont believe in the god you're making noise about, so why don't you just mind your business and stop calling people that refuse to believe your designer a fool.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by wirinet(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2012
whitedove: I AM A mining engr by training,my chosen profession has really help in my believe in GOD,palaentology...that is the study of ancient lives:it takes a fool after studying such not to believe that there is a GRAND designer of this great Universe!about the geological age of the earth that is 4.2billion years and bible's 6000 years.if you look at it critically the geological is in correlation with the Bible bearing in mind that earth existed million of years without flora and fauna,in the view of the foregoing,if you carbon date;it will only give you astronomical figure.that is why the bible recorded that in the beginning the earth was without form-no life, no nothing!

The above post is the main reason why black Africa would remain in the stone age for a very long time. When professed "scientists" reason like theologians and try and fit established scientific fact into unscientific myths.
As a "scientists" what do you mean by GRAND designer? What is it? And what is it/she/it designing? Where are the scientific data and evidences supporting these your hypothesis, I said scientific not theological.

Yes the earth existed for close to 1 billion years without any life, where in the bible did it say the earth existed for millions of years without any flora or fauna? (what about other forms of living things outside flora and fauna like fungi, bacteria and virus)

Do you even know what carbon dating is used for and its limitations? How can you use carbon dating to date geological time? Or even fossils older than a few million years old.

so what do you mean by in the beginning the earth was without form? Was the earth existing in the beginning or not? How can there be earth in the beginning but it has no form? Does that statement make common sense? Not to talk of scientific sense.

Our educational system just ecourages people to cram and pass without any idea of the principle under study. The person then goes off and call himself "a scientist" because he is holding a degree.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by whitedove(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2012
@2good and wirinet, the post says'how much impact does your occupation have on your belief'...mine not yours whatever i say here represent me in totality
i sincerely believe that iam a leader in my field,hence whatever i say holds water.Do you know that one of these so-called proffessor on his dying bed actually retracted some of the lies we were fed with in the name intellectual activities that lack the knowledge of the grand designer that iam talking about?
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by 2good(m): 1:04pm On May 07, 2012
whitedove: @2good and wirinet, the post says'how much impact does your occupation have on your belief'...mine not yours whatever i say here represent me in totality
i sincerely believe that iam a leader in my field,hence whatever i say holds water.Do you know that one of these so-called proffessor on his dying bed actually retracted some of the lies we were fed with in the name intellectual activities that lack the knowledge of the grand designer that iam talking about?

You are entitle to your believe but don't call people that don't share thesame believe with you fool because you will more or less be narrow minded if you do so. Respecting people's view is the only way to guarantee a peaceful coexistence with other human around you. What you are doing is exactly what Boko Haram is doing by calling non believers infidels and going to the extreme of killing innocent people in the name of wanting to force their believes on others
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On May 07, 2012
whitedove: @2good and wirinet, the post says'how much impact does your occupation have on your belief'...mine not yours whatever i say here represent me in totality

The bullshît you wrote above gave no indication of how your occupation as a mining engineer has any impact on your beliefs. You just jumbled up lots of unrelated issues to try to bamboozle people with little knowledge of science.

I have never heard that paleontology makes provision for a grand designer. Who are your professors and the university you attended that taught you that there is a grand designer in the field of paleontology?

In fact paleontology is one of the best evidence for evolution and against any grand designer. It is amazing that you can mention grand designer and paleontology in the same sentence. The fact that you believe you are an authority in the this field does not make it true.

What does your cock and bull story about a so-called professor retracting well established scientific theories on his death bed have to do with science? Why don't you provide details of the “lies” that was thaught as scientific knowledge, the professor that did the retracting and what new evidence he added to the theory he was retracting.

If you were a scientist as you claim, you should know that it takes more than one professor making a retraction statement on his death bed to change an established scientific theory.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 08, 2012
Syenite:

Pardon me but I later discovered that u are not a scientist. To the bolded, just like God said let the water separate from waters and Land abi? and next thing rush rush rush (like a cartoon) u just see water flying up and down and water rushing away from land. These are scientific processes that took place and are still taking place over millions of years not as instantaneous as you think. God said let there be light and he allowed the scientific porcesses to follow its course.Besides the bible does not give graphic details of events. When the bible said in the begining God created the heavens and the Earth it did not state all the processes involved and how long ok? O gush! this thing u are argueing u know nothing of it.Common don't be blinded! I remind u again that the bible does not lie! Give your life to Christ and you will never regret u did. My brother Jesus loves you. smiley
_
So god is a scientific process?
_
Religion, for the insecure majority with inferiority complex that can't bear the fact that put in contrast with the universe, their existence is puny. Like a grain of sand. They love the idea of being thought special by a higher being, while their neighbours aren't.
Re: How Much Impact Does Your Occupation Have On Your Beliefs? by Cholls(m): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
logicboy:
I'm a businessman. I'm in the business of chopping my dad's money. Other than that, I've got two degrees in business. I'm an atheist

When you study marketing and psychology, you learn that religion is an effective tool for conditioning and brainwashing.

When you study business law, you find out that all laws come from experiences with transactions (both monetary and non-monetary) and not God. That's why the bible had no law on future contracts or mergers and acquisitions.
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evidence That Catholics Worship Mary. / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday / How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.