Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites (18051 Views)

Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons / Rare Pic Of A Nigerian Soldier Climbing A Building To Take Down Boko Haram Flag / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Biggiestep(m): 12:12pm On May 12, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: They'll use it to chop billions. Six months after take-off they'll start complaining about funding and lack of equipments and poor maintenance.. One year after it's dead and buried and until some1 comes up with another "good" idea to embezzle his. And the cycle of corruption and incompetence continues.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 12, 2012
donedy: If United States used satellite to track Osama for 10 years, it would take Nigeria 100 yrs to use satellite to track Boko, plus 10 years to be wasted in looking for best way to dupe the fund.

We need to contact our partner in crime asap says president lucky. . .Is it siemens or sageim sef ? cheesy
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by IYANGBALI: 12:16pm On May 12, 2012
abeg make we hear word,useless people.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by igorekpengmail: 12:19pm On May 12, 2012
I fear for innocent lives
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nonybb: 12:20pm On May 12, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: They'll use it to chop billions. Six months after take-off they'll start complaining about funding and lack of equipments and poor maintenance.. One year after it's dead and buried and until some1 comes up with another "good" idea to embezzle his. And the cycle of corruption and incompetence continues.
LMAO
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Ozegbe(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2012
if this is true then bokoharam are already aware.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Delafruita(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2012
i saw something in that article thats baffling.they arent even sure how to do it.they just said "it is possible" which means they havent attempted it.someone probably saw "eagle eye" and proposed this at the office.lets wait for them to lay the groundwork which might take 100years considering Jonathan is reluctant to tackle BH
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by PaulJohn1: 12:22pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Shut up your mouth toddler. Did American government inform Pakistani government before they surreptitiously entered their country and killed Osama ? Does CIA issue drone alert before attacking militants in Afghanistan ? Mschew only in Nigeria folks think with their an-us.nonsense

@bluetooth you think Osama himself didn't know that the CIA is using satellite to trace his movement? Of course he does, because there is no way you can run from it. If our security are diligent enough they will get these guys(BH), it just a matter of time.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by abbey37(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2012
Do they really have to blow the trumpet,Now the moles inn the government would start helping boko-haram to find a way around this gadgets and FG 'll start telling us how they couldn't track dem still with the satelites
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by wowo2: 12:27pm On May 12, 2012
I wish. Now are they going to be blowing up churches or mosques if they detect more than 10 people gathered together?

Sounds like Good Jonathan saying he is a Good man, instead of acting it. Just do it already.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by PrinceDudu(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2012
Very funny. C hw how FG dey give BH targets.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Fomaxcool: 12:28pm On May 12, 2012
I'm sorry for Nigeria systemof government ; MUST THEY MAKE THIS INFORMATION KNOW TO PEOPLE
I'm sure they not trying to make themselves a laughing stocks in the world. How many time did USA make announcement that they are tracking saddam hussien or Osama Bin Ladin with there new invention of their uncertain Satellites. Nawoo, pls Nigerian Government learn to be diplomatic that be fragile to ur enemy.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by philip0906(m): 12:29pm On May 12, 2012
LeoMax: Some people just sign in Nairaland every day just to criticize, instead of doing so constructively and [size=18pt]offering advises[/size] where needed. what a waste of bandwidth and energy
sorry sir. . .offer advice to who? how many of d advices that litter d nairaland dustbin, have been adhered 2?

1 Like

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 12, 2012
Paul John:

@bluetooth you think Osama himself didn't know that the CIA is using satellite to trace his movement? Of course he does, because there is no way you can run from it. If our security are diligent enough they will get these guys(BH), it just a matter of time.

bla bla bla bla. . . .Do they need to broadcast the idea to the whole world ? I'm sure you've heard about covert or black ops before. .huh ?
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by eprynce(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2012
These men just always want to play on our(some of us anyway) intelligence. What happened to calls and IP tracking? Those guys make calls, issue statements and videos over this same internet....why all these nonsense? Obviously, these men in authority either know what they are up to or they are simply ignorant. Or that one sef wan show say im sabi something? They can tell that crap to the birds...not me.....Satellite my ass!
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by lacasa: 12:32pm On May 12, 2012
D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅s all they do

Talk Talk aπϑ more Talk

Its nw Sateellite b4 GEJ told us D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ by June BH wld be finished

is it b4 next month D̶̲̥̅̊aτ̲̅ He plans τ̅☺ launch d Satellite aπϑ finish them off
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by baslone: 12:32pm On May 12, 2012
Another food for the boiz! grin
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Many of these government officials are not very smart- you are fighting a war and you are telling your opponents your operational plans. Is it just me or is this stupidity?
lol.. grin
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 12, 2012
billante: Thats what America did to track down osama bin laden and is used in keeping tab on al-queda! Way to go.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/05/nigerian-satellites-to-monitor.html?m=1

Federal Government will soon deploy satellites to trace movement of suspected terrorists and their locations in the country. The Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA), Dr Seidu O. Mohammed said yesterday said there will be training sessions for the security agencies in the next few weeks.
We will also use communications satellites and global positioning systems to monitor every neighbourhoo[/b]d. We believe that is possible here and we are making effort to do that,” he said. “The training is for military and para-military, wewill bring them here and train them on how to use our data, because every satellite launch has its own parameters and you need to understandthem, before you operate them.” [b]Nigeria Sat 2 and Sat X are high resolution satellites with the ability to give very close images.

one has to wonder at these political appointees who are all mouth and nothing upstairs. how do you use a communications satellite to "monitor every neighborhood?

abi they think comm satellites and spy satellites are the same thing?

yaaawn. . .

only the likes of beaf, our govt azzlicker will cheer at this - he has been the town crier for several other 'initiatives that never got off the ground, after all)

1 Like

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 12, 2012
donedy: If United States used satellite to track Osama for 10 years, it would take Nigeria 100 yrs to use satellite to track Boko, plus 10 years to be wasted in looking for best way to dupe the fund.
USA used satellite to perfect their plans for 10 years. And, yeah, they succeeded in secret... Secret my man. wink
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by ZUBY77(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2012
I thought GEJ said Boko Haram will be history by June this year. Why the satelitte again ?
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by doublecross(m): 12:44pm On May 12, 2012
The federal Government is also a boko haram suspect. why would they announce this to the public if they are not? are they trying to tell the boko haram members to change strategy or what? what we need is action and not talk talk.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 12, 2012
Delafruita: i saw something in that article thats baffling.they arent even sure how to do it.they just said "it is possible" which means they havent attempted it.someone probably saw "eagle eye" and proposed this at the office.lets wait for them to lay the groundwork which might take 100years considering Jonathan is reluctant to tackle BH

lol
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by denitro(m): 12:45pm On May 12, 2012
LOL
Another [size=28pt]TO DO[/size] thread
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 12, 2012
btw, i thought sambo aid they were going to dialogue with BH?

wetin be this? a different statement every minute?
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by sheyguy: 12:47pm On May 12, 2012
Are they going to deploy another satelite or the previous satelites deployed are capable of doing that?

Anyway i don't see any sense in it as Gej has claimed he already knows who the people behind BH are. However, if he is not ready to act, then satelite surveillance has always been one of our option.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by PaulJohn1: 12:48pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

bla bla bla bla. . . .Do they need to broadcast the idea to the whole world ? I'm sure you've heard about covert or black ops before. .huh ?

Ofcourse there is no sense in them louding it, but I'm saying if they play their game well, they'll get those guys. Osama was smart enough to know that CIA was using the satellite for him, he once worked with them so he knew how the CIA operate, but there was no way to hide from them. BH are just some jobless clueless dude
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 12, 2012
It is easier said than been done, America did not uttered a word until Osama was down before they made it known to the world that they were on it for ten years. But Nigeria will announced to the world their next move despite the fact that they are not ready or sure if it will work. Is like they are given the BokoHaram clues to go hidden for a while or to improve on there tactics.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by KingOmarion(m): 12:50pm On May 12, 2012
billante: Thats what America did to track down osama bin laden and is used in keeping tab on al-queda! Way to go.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/05/nigerian-satellites-to-monitor.html?m=1

Federal Government will soon deploy satellites to trace movement of suspected terrorists and their locations in the country. The Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA), Dr Seidu O. Mohammed said yesterday said there will be training sessions for the security agencies in the next few weeks.
“We will also use communications satellites and global positioning systems to monitor every neighbourhood. We believe that is possible here and we are making effort to do that,” he said. “The training is for military and para-military, wewill bring them here and train them on how to use our data, because every satellite launch has its own parameters and you need to understandthem, before you operate them.” Nigeria Sat 2 and Sat X are high resolution satellites with the ability to give very close images.
pls spare me dis shit
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 12, 2012
Paul John:

Ofcourse there is no sense in them louding it, but I'm saying if they play their game well, they'll get those guys. Osama was smart enough to know that CIA was using the satellite for him, he once worked with them so he knew how the CIA operate, but there was no way to hide from them. BH are just some jobless clueless dude

Lmao @ they will get those guys ! Who's going to get them ? The swaggerless folks singing like parrots ? Abeg show me their past record and lets analyze it.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Delafruita(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2012
to say US got Osama as a result of satelite sureveillance is very WRONG.if it was that easy,they'd have gotten him since 1995 when they started searching for him.a $25million reward was offered for info leading to him because they didnt know where he was till 2010 despite all the surveillance.field work by the CIA got the info
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Delafruita(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2012
some people think surveillance is as it looks in the movies.satelites are effective but they can't function properly unless you get info from the field operatives who can indicate where to focus the surveillance.firstly,are our satelites capable?secondly,are our field operatives capable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Ambode Now A Lame Duck, Can't Present Budget" - Jimi Agbaje / Prosecute Repentant Boko Haram Members, ACF Tells FG, Zulum / Wike Signs Bills For VAT Collection, Anti-Open Grazing Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.