Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites (18063 Views)

Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons / Rare Pic Of A Nigerian Soldier Climbing A Building To Take Down Boko Haram Flag / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by MeGaStReEt: 9:07pm On May 12, 2012
Ha Ha Ha
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Butoneday2(m): 9:20pm On May 12, 2012
Rubbish talk? By the way which of the lites are they talking about here? Is it searchllites or satellites, can someone pls tell me. Confused ''FG''.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Josh316(m): 9:39pm On May 12, 2012
philip0906: First was cctv cameras, next was dog,now satellites. . .i laff grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Abdulishaq: 9:49pm On May 12, 2012
Islam is the worst thing to happen to humanity. No thanks to the peadophile prophet. angryMay he roast in hell fire forever. Ameen
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 12, 2012
philip0906: First was cctv cameras, next was dog,now satellites. . .i laff grin grin grin
Dogs that haven't seen good food for 3 years. Nonsense. The dog go dey perceive bone that have fresh stew first before anything. Mcheww grin
Dogs that haven't seen good food for 3 years. Nonsense. The dog go dey perceive bone that have fresh stew first before anything. Mcheww
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Onasa22: 10:23pm On May 12, 2012
That's welcome development.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by jpphilips(m): 11:22pm On May 12, 2012
mr.born2fuck:
I trust you Goodluck, I know the northern leaders and their people over there will not want you rule successful, that's why they fold their arm, only one Goodluck from God against all mighty Devil Notherners leader numbering 15, they rule theirs term with peace and they want to ruin your government all because you are christian and from the eastern part and they believe you will handle the power to igbo, even if it remain one single soul in nigeria. Do not step down..aboki must perish, the norther leaders sponsoring boko haram with their arabs supporters and their fellow nother cities protecting them shall all perish, except Jesus and God is sleeping..

stop Mocking God. God wasn't stupid when he gave that director a brain. if he thinks that his satellites can upload real time images, then it most be a wonder satellite, lets assume he has it, what about logistics?
does he think that suicide bombers wear Jersey or something?

even if you upload a real time suspicious movement, how do you get there? Police wey no get petrol for motor abi na jtf wey dey busy dey cross motor for border?
what happened to armed spy drones? wont it upload real time image and at the same time neutralize threats?
i don't want to believe that it is more cost effective to track peeps with satellites than use drones.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by jpphilips(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2012
Paul John:

Ofcourse there is no sense in them louding it, but I'm saying if they play their game well, they'll get those guys. Osama was smart enough to know that CIA was using the satellite for him, he once worked with(for) them so he knew how the CIA operate, but there was no way to hide from them. BH are just some jobless clueless dude
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by kelvico: 11:41pm On May 12, 2012
I've a software from build by a German dat work wit world map and live wed cam satellite. it is use view anybdy were ever de person my maybe in de world. it dose alot of tins. it is best software to use 2 eliminate boko haram. i can see some bombs prepare 4 explosion 2ru my system. de position were de will explode dis bombs has been map. some govt official are involve in dis action. bcareful on how u talk about boko haram any were u go, because u dn't kn who is who. dey ve come to lagos to site 4 positions. de problem de ve is how 2 transport dere bombs. boko haram or wat eva u call dem ve in formate every were. if u dn't no it, no it now.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by mdbissalla(m): 12:51am On May 13, 2012
I laff too funny people. Oh GOD save d innocent masses
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 1:02am On May 13, 2012
billante: Thats what America did to track down osama bin laden and is used in keeping tab on al-queda! Way to go.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/05/nigerian-satellites-to-monitor.html?m=1

Federal Government will soon deploy satellites to trace movement of suspected terrorists and their locations in the country. The Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA), Dr Seidu O. Mohammed said yesterday said there will be training sessions for the security agencies in the next few weeks.
“We will also use communications satellites and global positioning systems to monitor every neighbourhood. We believe that is possible here and we are making effort to do that,” he said. “The training is for military and para-military, wewill bring them here and train them on how to use our data, because every satellite launch has its own parameters and you need to understandthem, before you operate them.” N[b]igeria Sat 2 and Sat X are high resolution satellites with the ability to give very close images.[/b]
I think something is missing. Does having a high resolution satellites have any impact on tracing terrorists who they don't have idea about in the midst of the innocent? The line in bold is like talk to impress others coming from a quack
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Beaf: 3:13am On May 13, 2012
all4naija: I think something is missing. Does having a high resolution satellites have any impact on tracing terrorists who they don't have idea about in the midst of the innocent? The line in bold is like talk to impress others coming from a quack

A lot of the time, boko haram kingpins have been arrested based on tip-offs. However, this method fails the vast majority of the time, because the terrorists simply disappear before the security services can get there; even suicide bombers have managed to escape.

With satellite technology, this changes dramatically. Immediately somebody makes a report, a satellite lock-on can be obtained, with tracking proceeding almost instantly from outer space where practically all that goes on at ground level is visible.
The satellite tracking gives an overall view that can be used by ground commanders to direct the necessary intelligence and neutralisation forces with highly increased efficiency.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Fornorth(m): 7:52am On May 13, 2012
But the settlite must be solar energy user, coz with our curren PHCN it will never ever work.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Bello555: 10:07am On May 13, 2012
Useless conter terrorist agents in naija. If you want to track them down, must you tells us what methods you will use?

Without infrmation about their movements, how will the satellite point out a terrorist?

The FG knows who these people are, but Goodluck and his govt are using this boko haram issue to divert govt monies and to buy time.

I just pity this country
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 10:10am On May 13, 2012
Singing mission impossible soundtrack.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Jakumo(m): 10:21am On May 13, 2012
The cost of deploying SQUADRONS of Radio-Controlled Surveillance UAV drones would amount to a tiny fraction of the bill for the satellite bandwidth that would be required to facilitate the same covert monitoring purpose in a country the size of Nigeria.

Check out this semi-autonomous drone used to spy on criminals by the UK police. A top-of-the-line, GPS-guided drone, with auto-hover and auto-return-to-base runs less than 2 grand USD.

Johnny B. Goodluck , buy some drones already !

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by stupor(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2012
THE MOST FUNN !!!
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by stupor(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2012
THE SATELITES CANNOT DO THE JOB ALONE,WE ALSO NEED TO GET THE SERVICES OF ALIENS FROM SPACE TOO BEFORE BHARAMS WILL CALL THEM FIRST.
WHAT A FUNNY SET !
I JUST CAN'T KEEP LAUGHING,WHAT A DRAMA FG !
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by stupor(m): 11:22am On May 13, 2012
[quote author=jp philips][/quote]
YOU SEE WHY I SAY THE GOVT ITSELF IS A DRAMA GOVT
AM NOT QUITE SUREWHAT CIA'S DO,THE FBI'S
BUT AS LITTLE AS KIDS COULD BE,THEY FUNDAMENTALLY KNOW WHAT TOP SECRECY IS WHEN THEY PLAY AMONG THEMSELVES OR DO THE POLICE AND THIEF GAME !
HOW THEY GOVT EVER GET IT RIGHT,WHEN ALL DO IS TO PUT THEIR INLAWS AND RELATIVES WITH LITTLE OR NO EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND TO DO THE CIA JOBS,HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO WORK WHEN ISSUES AS THESE THAT ARE MEANT TO BE TOP SECRETS ARE GULLIBLY SAID IN ARROGANT PRESS CONFERENCES AND MEDIA NETWORKS
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE,WE JUST COVER OURSELVES WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS

FUNNY GOVERNMENT !
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:27pm On May 13, 2012
It is not rocket science -satellites can be tasked to do passive monitoring (imaging/scanning) of target areas. however I doubt our Police/SSS can make any sense of it. they cannot make sense of boko-haram on the ground, how can they make sense of them from the skies. the same satellite that needs to be operated from the UK and images purchased grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Malamissah(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2012
billante: Thats what America did to track down osama bin laden and is used in keeping tab on al-queda! Way to go.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/05/nigerian-satellites-to-monitor.html?m=1

Federal Government will soon deploy satellites to trace movement of suspected terrorists and their locations in the country. The Director General of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA), Dr Seidu O. Mohammed said yesterday said there will be training sessions for the security agencies in the next few weeks.
“We will also use communications satellites and global positioning systems to monitor every neighbourhood. We believe that is possible here and we are making effort to do that,” he said. “The training is for military and para-military, wewill bring them here and train them on how to use our data, because every satellite launch has its own parameters and you need to understandthem, before you operate them.” Nigeria Sat 2 and Sat X are high resolution satellites with the ability to give very close images.

after na juju we go hear say dem 1 use.who's fooling who......mmtccheeeeew
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 13, 2012
I don't undastand why d nigerian security agency re so loud mouthed, when america went in2 pakistan nobody knew it not even osamas neighbours,after d whole thing we just heard osama was dead,bt our nigerian SA mk noise abt d whole ting nd b4 u knw it boko haram wil device new techniques. NSA stfu and act we don't care whether u fight them 4rm space,just act.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by chucky234(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2012
This clueless govt run by GEJ will kill me with laugh ooooo! I think its about time someone teach them what intelligence or security agencies should be,imagine this govt making public every single plans they come up with to fight BH. These clueless agencies should learn from FBI or CIA,you plans and strategies should be top secret when fighting terrorism and never be made known to journalists or media houses.
Haba GEJ,na. Wa for you ooooo
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Monjerk: 8:36pm On May 13, 2012
LIVE COMMENTARY FED. GOVT TRACKING ON BOKO HARAM
Boko run n Fed govt pursue, Boko drible and enter bad corner n fed govt. stop to search for Boko, Boko keep hiding n fed govt now Switch on their satelite n start monitoring in the control room, boko was spotted in their hiding n PHCN interupted with the power supply and the tracking could not continue........oh no..it was..it was suppose to have been a success but if not for PHCN. Next tracking method will be announce later this evening.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by NAJALYN: 10:18pm On May 13, 2012
Remarkable! But goverment should learn to do things without first announcing. Besides caution is required here, as regards those to operate the satelite, beause there are moles who would frustrate government's efforts to track down the criminals.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Daluuzor(m): 10:47pm On May 13, 2012
mr.born2fuck:
I trust you Goodluck, I know the northern leaders and their people over there will not want you rule successful, that's why they fold their arm, only one Goodluck from God against all mighty Devil Notherners leader numbering 15, they rule theirs term with peace and they want to ruin your government all because you are christian and from the eastern part and they believe you will handle the power to igbo, even if it remain one single soul in nigeria. Do not step down..aboki must perish, the norther leaders sponsoring boko haram with their arabs supporters and their fellow nother cities protecting them shall all perish, except Jesus and God is sleeping..
bros na wa for u oo, see ur user name sef, na ppl like u dey cause wahala for 9ja so, y u go dey generalise, na all northerners bad? Say few bad no mean say all of dem bad, lets face d fact, ur presido no dey try @ all, e really fall SS ppl hand, just tell me, wat has he achieved since hels been in office except creating hardship for d common man, abeg luk b4 u leap.
Imagine FG tellin us dey want to use satelite to track BH, dem dull shaa, na now dem dey wake up, BH will plan a counter attack too, olodo government! *smh*
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by hotwax: 7:25am On May 14, 2012
FCK the FG for fooling Nigerians. Do they have a database of Nigerians ?

Hope they want to track them spiritually.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Beaf: 7:31am On May 14, 2012
hotwax: FCK the FG for fooling Nigerians. Do they have a database of Nigerians ?

Hope they want to track them spiritually.

You need a database to track people by satellite? shocked
Don't make a fool of yourself in public, bro.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Beaf: 7:34am On May 14, 2012
NAJALYN: Remarkable! But goverment should learn to do things without first announcing. Besides caution is required here, as regards those to operate the satelite, beause there are moles who would frustrate government's efforts to track down the criminals.

Half of law enforcement is allowing criminals know your capability. Fear and trepidation are the most powerful anti-recruitment tools and crime dissuaders.
That is why countries like the US and UK openly flaunt their anti-terror weaponry (even those still at research stage).
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by hotwax: 7:47am On May 14, 2012
You need a database to track people by satellite?
Don't make a fool of yourself in public, bro.

U have already fooled urself.
How will you track who you dont know ?

Do you have to be IT servy to know this?

I cant argue with an Ignoramus! A secondary school student even knows this.
Re: FG To Track Down Boko Haram With Satellites by Beaf: 7:58am On May 14, 2012
hotwax:

U have already fooled urself.
How will you track who you dont know ?

Do you have to be IT [/b]servy to know this?

I cant argue with an Ignoramus! A secondary school student even knows this.

The subject has nothing to do with IT, but [b]IQ
. Read up at least before contributing.
When the US tracks terrorists in the Middle East, is it done with a database? When you take pictures, does your video (or still) camera need a database?

angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aviation Minister Paddles A Canoe To Her Flooded Anambra Hometown / Pipeline Blast Opposite Shoprite, Effurun, Warri. / 2016 Budget: Presidency, NASS Break Deadlock As VP Osinbajo Heads Monitoring Com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.