Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri (18950 Views)

El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) / Protesters Shut Down Warri, Effurun, Udu (2) (3) (4)

Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Bright2(m): 3:20pm On May 14, 2012
If you have the opportunity you will do thesame or even more to. So why will heaven fall now,is she the 1st to do this? Since she has started percieving high level of insecurity in the country,all warri roads should be closed! Life has no photocopying machine.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Faheedat: 3:23pm On May 14, 2012
WELL IF THIS IS TRUE, WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO THEN.
THIS IS OPPRESSOR
LEADERSHIP INITIATIVES FOR EXCELLENCE.
ARE YOU ALL SUPRISE
NOTE THAT THE KIND OF LEADERSHIP WE NEED IN AFRICA TODAY IS ONE LIKE J F KENNEDY WHO CAN SEE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT REAL YET AND THEN WORK SO THAT IT BECOMES A REALITY
Eko o ni ba je oooooooooooooooo
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 14, 2012
With all the bombings in Nigeria and all the threays on the Jonathans Family, I think all the road blocks and closed shops is for security reasons and she is not the one that demands their closure rather her security personals might be the one that decided that so enough of the bullshit. Had it been all parts of warri was shut down it would have been a different case.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by jossy1luv(f): 3:37pm On May 14, 2012
Jesus, I didn't know until I got to Airport junction, I had to trek all †ђξ way to enerhen junction b4 I could get a bike, God go punish all involve cox I never suffer this kind suffer once.

Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by knight351(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2012
...power doesnt last 4eva! Ask Obj!
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by sylve11: 3:44pm On May 14, 2012
Jeel: This is all lies

shut up jaire, dem dey tell u truth u dey tall poo. angry angry angry cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by sylve11: 3:46pm On May 14, 2012
Bright2: If you have the opportunity you will do thesame or even more to. So why will heaven fall now,is she the 1st to do this? Since she has started percieving high level of insecurity in the country,all warri roads should be closed! Life has no photocopying machine.

Mukit! cool
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by kutchs: 4:09pm On May 14, 2012
Just bc the Jonathans are involved, the story has to be exaggerated. Reading ur headline one would think it is the whole of Warri on lockdown, why dont you pple be a bit objective and take out bias and sentiments when reporting issues? You may not like her and her husband but you dont need to paint stories just to get noticed.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by ZUBY77(m): 4:50pm On May 14, 2012
Judging by the security situations in this country now, i believe the wife of the President should be protected extremely. Imagine people attacking the wife of your president? How will it play in the outside world?
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by kenNeth05(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2012
Make dem no go kidnap am nah...She dey find a way to save her life oo...
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Yeske2(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2012
micklplus: shuooo! are you serious? dame cant be that dumb nah? whats your source?
Did you forget what happened in Lagos so soon?
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 14, 2012
Hey Guys, Her visit was true. She came to open a shop along the Effurun/Sapele road adjacent to the popular Water Resources Junction. But that's not it, you need to see the holdup in warri and Effurun today, the hike in transportation, the presence of military personnel wailing sirens everywhere. We were thinking of her coming to commission A PROJECT (if any) not knowing is a friends' shop, is that really called for? I believe they will include that as expenses from her office. May God help this nation and continue to bless us. Long live Warri, long live Delta, long live Nigeria!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by etchel(m): 5:26pm On May 14, 2012
For those looking for source. Its not much of a big deal but general biz are going smoothly only 4 warri/effurun link road whc is being shut down by d force. But i guess the 1st lady is scared due to what she has heard of WARRI.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Dvampire(m): 5:57pm On May 14, 2012
It is very true. The traffic gridlock started from Ogunu all the way down to Warri Sapele road. Uduaghan's house happens to be at Ogunu road and Patience came to the place. It was hell for commuters and pedestrians alike. They closed down the free flow of traffic and other forms of activity as a result of the visit. Why not declare a public holiday instead of subjecting people to such wahala
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by ypzilanti: 6:12pm On May 14, 2012
I am in Warri at the moment and I had to divert from Effurun road/Water resources due to gun toting security men that put the place on lock down.

Objectively, the whole warri was not shut down, but that part of town was... and there are lots of businesses and banks on that road.

The wife of the president is a target and it would be an embarrassment to the security agencies and the country if harm was to befall her.

On the other hand I think that the comfort of the citizens who 'vote' these people into power is not in consideration as far as our security agencies are concerned.

Security can be guaranteed without the 'gara gara' of these gun toting maniacs.

Shebi Fashola moves about lagos without 'gara gara' and siren. I remember seeing Donald Duke and Imoke Lilyel in Calabar without all that 'gara gara'. Infact, Lilyel strolled into a bar where I was drinking in Tinapa, chatted with some people and left...no plenty entourage, and no guns were openly displayed.

If a leader does not want his people to be unduly harrassed due to his/her movement, he /she will instruct his security detail.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by drnoel: 6:24pm On May 14, 2012
do u blame her, she does not want to mix wit the common man so she has to drive them away while she is there. Thats Nigeria, with its politics of divide and rule.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by TheMan3: 6:26pm On May 14, 2012
I spent one hour today in the hold up between effrun round about and airport junction. I never knew it was the queen's arrival. SMH
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by blacksta(m): 7:12pm On May 14, 2012
Banana republic
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by agiboma(f): 7:24pm On May 14, 2012
wow lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2012
Question: Does the constitution officially recognize the position of the first lady. If so what are the provisions the constitution made for such an office.
Thank you.
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by GeorgeD1(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2012
na wao! angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Temix(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2012
The one when pain me pass be say na her friend beauty shop/saloon naim she com commission, can u imagine the idiocy, waste jet fuel for private jet to commission saloon! For those asking for a source, i work at one of the banks there, and for those hrs, customers cudnt get here except dose who cud walk the long distance, some banks actually sent their staff home! SALOON! Smh! Naija we hail thee
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by rockafela(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2012
That useless illiterate president wife ...with her sick throat, came to warri to disturb the environs ...simply becos she wants to commission a private gym center at Water Resources road, unofficial duty. she brought mopol to start harassing innocent citizens...Make she take time o

Where all her mate de speak simple english ---my fellow widowers-- embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by rockafela(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2012
you can imagine, even the useless gym/salon she came to commission she nor go her husband house oo...she still blow are foolish sirens dey show herself anyhow for the whole town, come governor house for Ogunu road, disturbing the peace of the innocent city..hissssss idiat
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Leemak: 9:03pm On May 14, 2012
pls she should mind her fucking spoken english dis time around or else make she speak in her local dialect at dt useless ocassion
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by valdubem(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2012
chuks49: All Hail the First Lady!
She has done it again. Directives has been given and its been announced over the Radio and TV station that all shops and businesses on Warri Sapele road be shut down simply because the Queen of Nigeria (Dame Patience Jonah) is coming to open a shop most probably, belonging to one of her friends. Not a shopping mall, but just one shop. Forgetting that Warri Sapele is a strong business part of the town with about 20 banks on its way.

This is not right, this madness should be stopped. Please re-broadcast to let the world know we are not happy with this actions coming from the Office of the First Lady each time she goes out.

God Bless Warri,
God Bless Delta,
God Bless Nigeria.

pretty liar. Where U get ur info from?
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by AkoEja: 10:00pm On May 14, 2012
Its difficult to imagine this is happening. Not too long ago, Fashola complained about the traffic problems she caused when she came to Lagos. It can only happen in a country ruled by morons. Zero quality! What a shame to the black race!
I can believe Jonathan is such an idiot and a thief too. He can easily curb her excesses, but he hasn't. He even went ahead to pregnate her! Or has she loaded her tummy with dollars?
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by pyruvate: 10:28pm On May 14, 2012
please leave the woman alone its her time
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On May 14, 2012
Welcome to Warri. Mrs Retardeen
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 14, 2012
since it was a private saloon she came to commission, why not come secretly without notice? why draw so much attention on a private trip? why? warri is not maiduguri for God sake!
Re: Patience Jonathan Shuts Down Warri by Ibotex(m): 1:28am On May 15, 2012
I expect an introduction like MY FELLOW WARRIORS

Nigeria Closes 5 Foreign Missions / Jonathan, Oshiomhole, Ezekwesili, Others Extol Capt Hosa As Children Launch NGO / Sen Lalong Said He Is Confused Whether To Remain A Minister Or Go Back To Senate