Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (225669 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by malc619(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2013
Katsumoto:

No I don't see anything wrong with those terms. I don't use those terms but what I am against is censorship. I deplore wholeheartedly, the attempt to stifle speech. Particularly for the spurious reasons being advanced by your co-moderator. This will always be a heated section and anyone who can't stand the heat, should get out of the kitchen. Politics is not for kids or the faint-hearted. Anyone who uses an inappropriate term for a public official leaves him/herself open to intellectual attacks by those who are more grounded with facts. That is the beauty of debate. Take the kumbaya BS to other sections like literature or family.

Why are you tryin to squeeze water from a rock....??

cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 10:33pm On May 19, 2013
malc619:

Why are you tryin to squeeze water from a rock....??

cheesy

Is that the same as 'expecting intelligence from Afam'? grin grin grin

I apologize if that's not the message you were trying to pass. wink tongue

7 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ekoileee: 10:34pm On May 19, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
Silence dia! You need to quit this thread and stop crying/bi.t#ing like a battyman. You've been on this thread for almost a month, complaining here and there. Bigotry is over....live by the rules or vacate this site angry angry

Is this still up because of tribalism, bigotry or just the usual Incompetence.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by malc619(m): 10:35pm On May 19, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's not the message I was trying to pass..

cheesy cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by gramci: 10:54pm On May 19, 2013
@Mod, kindly consider this thread for front page

Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009

https://www.nairaland.com/1293473/arewas-statement-supporting-heavy-military
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by elrony(m): 10:59pm On May 19, 2013
Katsumoto:

hahaha lwkmd Jesus !!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ikenna351(m): 11:40pm On May 19, 2013
@ Sexkillz,

I have a question for you. Find in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1293678/sexkillz-inherits-ikenna351s-anti-tribalism-war/8#15806244

Or you can as well as answer the question(s) here, in this thread, since its a Politics section matter.

Because it appears you know more details than myself why i truly left this section as a moderator.

Am waiting for your response, here or there.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 12:33am On May 20, 2013
[b]"Insulting" Public Figures

Nairaland does not encourage insults on public figures, rather we encourage members to respect them especially the president and his office. However, Nairaland will not ban or penalize members for their negative opinions on these public figures which some might found provocative.

We therefore strongly advice members not to insult any member for their opinions on public figures they find provocative as doing so will be against the forum rules and warrant a ban.

As much as some of us are attached to these public figures, we should understand that they are answerable to the populace and if they feel insulted by comments on Nairaland, they are free to register here and defend themselves.

Permit me to share the analogy that came up while moderators were debating this matter: No one encourages indecent dressing, but outside sharia states, there is no law against indecent dressing in Nigeria, if someone get provoked by a lady that dressed indecently and went further to rape such lady, he will be found guilty and the lady will be acquitted.

If someone says the president is clueless, Buhari is bloodthirsty, Tinubu is corrupt, please give reasons why you disagree with such comments without insulting the poster or the poster parents.

That said, please respect public figures.

Thank you.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:46am On May 20, 2013
OAM4J: "Insulting" Public Figures

[b]Nairaland does not encourage insults on public figures, rather we encourage members to respect them especially the president and his office
. However, Nairaland will not ban or penalize members for their negative opinions on these public figures which some might found provocative.

We therefore strongly advice members not to insult any member for their opinions on public figures they find provocative as doing so will be against the forum rules and warrant a ban.

As much as some of us are attached to these public figures, we should understand that they are answerable to the populace and if they feel insulted by comments on Nairaland, they are free to register here and defend themselves.

Permit me to share the analogy that came up while moderators were debating this matter: No one encourages indecent dressing, but outside sharia states, there is no law against indecent dressing in Nigeria, if someone get provoked by a lady that dressed indecently and went further to rape such lady, he will be found guilty and the lady will be acquitted.

If someone says the president is clueless, Buhari is bloodthirsty, Tinubu is corrupt, please give reasons why you disagree with such comments without insulting the poster or the poster parents.

Thank you.

Comrade OAM4J,

Thanks for making the official position succinctly clear.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ekoileee: 12:47am On May 20, 2013
Thanks for the clarification and prudence.

You guys really need to get together and hammer out your rules and policies before we hear this from this mod and that from the other mod because it creates needles confusion and distractions.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:49am On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
We're not perfect and will never be. We'll deal with those that we can deal with and leave the rest to God grin.

Leaving the grey areas of this new edict to baba God is a recipe for disaster, trust me. cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:32am On May 20, 2013
@moderators, I created a thread on the news report of the alleged cabinet shake up https://www.nairaland.com/1295735/breaking-news-jonathan-drop-orubebe like two hours before the thread currently on the front page was created https://www.nairaland.com/1295841/jonathan-drop-maku-3-others But how come the later made front page in violation of the rule or convention? Nothing spoil but I need explanations as to why the rules or convention was not adhered to. I'm waiting
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 7:32am On May 20, 2013
sexkillz: Part of Rule 2 says "don't deliberately provoke a nairaland member".

Does your calling him a retardeen provoke a nairaland member or not?

Keeping it in your sig is even better. You aren't breaking any rules there.

what a joke. i refuse to drag this with u at least for now since my precious and valuable posts has been restored. Retardeen is here to stay. Deal with that.
I likewise have numerous posts from Nlers that are PROVOCATIVE to me, i dont go about whining about it. i take it in good strides and sulk it up because i believe we all are entitled to our opinions. If u decide to continue on this path, no problem but be ready to hide numerous posts that are highly PROVOCATIVE to me as a member.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2013
Gboliwe: Even though I can't call Mr President names, I should not be banned when I call Gen Buhari a Vampire or Sanusi Lamido a fundamentalist or Elrufai twitter a noisemaking attention seeker. Its my opinion, I do not give a damn if it provokes any body

and someone thinks Jonadft doesnt fit my president grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 7:43am On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
Banning the use of retardeen and Tinubu is not stiffing open speech in my opinion. Why we aim to lambast any of these public officials, we should endeavour to call them by any of their given names.

Ur opinion is screwed. Deal with that.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2013
sexkillz: I've tried to reason with you all, but it seems I'll have to really face my lane. If you insult a public official and you get insulted by another member over that, leave the mods to deal with him/her for if you reply an insult with an insult, you shall both be banned.

«Sniper mode activated.»

Now we are talking. U seem to be "teacheable". It's a rare trait nowadays. Report mode activated.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2013
OAM4J: [b]"Insulting" Public Figures

Nairaland does not encourage insults on public figures, rather we encourage members to respect them especially the president and his office. However, Nairaland will not ban or penalize members for their negative opinions on these public figures which some might found provocative.

Thank you.[/b]

Excellent. Very fair. U will do well governing this country than what Jonathan is currently doing.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by elrony(m): 8:05am On May 20, 2013
Demdem:

Excellent. Very fair. U will do well governing this country than what Jonathan is currently doing.
"Jonathan" abi??...and one small boy at d top hid my post for callin Tinubu a corrupt man!!.....I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see una o
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by EkoIle1: 8:35am On May 20, 2013
elrony:
"Jonathan" abi??...and one small boy at d top hid my post for callin Tinubu a corrupt man!!.....I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see una o

Who cares? Call Tinubu whatever your hear desire.

People ever cried because of that?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by elrony(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

Who cares? Call Tinubu whatever your hear desire.

People ever cried because of that?
oh really??....someone cared dats why my post was hidden...!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nitlad: 11:34am On May 20, 2013
Mods make una give unaselves brain o, abi why una hide my post for this very page nah? undecided

I demand an answer on why una trigger happy fingers hide my post! angry

Which of una yeye rules I violate? Kasora o.

Unhide my post now if una nor want make dem declare emergency rule for una village o! angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
elrony:

And what is my business with Tinubu or Tinubu? does it have anything to do with the retardeen? abegii face front jor.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 12:08pm On May 20, 2013
elrony:
oh really??....someone cared dats why my post was hidden...!!

and thats why we are fighting it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AnanseK(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2013
OAM4J: "Insulting" Public Figures

We have had more bloodshed in the last 30 months than any other time in the history of Nigeria (with possible exception of the war years).We had more corruption in the last 30 months than all the corruption that happened in Nigeria since independence and as far as cluelessness is concerned we have lead the world for about 30 months now and no challenger in site so we continue.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 20, 2013
Pipsland78:
Opt out button should be created so that those who wish to quit being a member of NL could easily de-register. Telling me I could come into your house but I'm not allowed to leave once I step in is kidnapping. We should have the right to opt out!

I think it's time seun took this into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2013
Well done oo
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by DuduNegro: 9:22pm On May 20, 2013
OAM4J: [b]"Insulting" Public Figures

Thank you.[/b]

Chairman,

[s]I find issue with the language of this rule. "Nairaland does not encourage insults" means you'd rather there is no insults but it is not prohibited to insult. So why should members be banned for insults? If you want NO insults, then chnage the language and "prohibit" the usage of insults.[/s]

Never mind.....I got it!

The request below stands regardless. Im giving him 48hrs to act or a State of Emergency will be declared. cheesy cheesy

That being said, tell Seun to make me a moderator ASAP! You guys have lost your mind in here choking free expression and I need to come in and counterbalance this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by elrony(m): 11:02pm On May 20, 2013
Demdem:

and thats why we are fighting it.
well at least yhu got ma point bro...thnx

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:24am On May 21, 2013
OAM4J..... why do keep on banning ppl without giving that " tribalistic" words they use, in your "ban statement", so i could take correction

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.