Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (227009 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2013
This is just ridiculous now... Political Correctness gone mad...

What business does a ethnic quota system have with moderation?

This is what happens when mods inadvertently continue to push a tribal agenda with this stupiid 'non- tribalistic' agenda...

OAM4J et al cannot honestly claim to be advocating for a detribalised political section...when some tribes are over-represented and some under-represented or non-existent within the Mod ranks...

And there lies the absurdity of it all... In your quest for a utopian political section where we all hold hands and dance under a rainbow...you have opened the flood gates of chaos...

My advise to you Mods is to treat inflammatory comments as just that...regardless of tribal content. Treat them as is, without trying to enforce a tribal neutrality that does not exist...otherwise you make a mockery of yourselves and your rules...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Asoozy: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2013
St_Black:

God bless U my fella
...but all moderators cant be relieved, its just for Seun to remove one through all NLers UNANIMOUS vote and replace him/her with a Northerner so as to complete the square of having all 3 ethnics in d system! Thats all! The others can remain. SIMPLE AS ABC!
Thumbs up for ur WISE response bro.

So you don't see the current moderators as grossly inept?

I think they have all failed and should be duly replaced.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Asoozy: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2013
jackbauersballs: This is just ridiculous now... Political Correctness gone mad...

What business does a ethnic quota system have with moderation?

This is what happens when mods inadvertently continue to push a tribal agenda with this stupiid 'non- tribalistic' agenda...

OAM4J et al cannot honestly claim to be advocating for a detribalised political section...when some tribes are over-represented and some under-represented or non-existent within the Mod ranks...

And there lies the absurdity of it all... In your quest for a utopian political section where we all hold hands and dance under a rainbow...you have opened the flood gates of chaos...

My advise to you Mods is to treat inflammatory comments as just that...regardless of tribal content. Treat them as is, without trying to enforce a tribal neutrality that does not exist...otherwise you make a mockery of yourselves and your rules...

Indeed!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2013
Dear Veiwers,
There has been a recent need by some Northerners on the forum for the inclusion of their kinsman into the moderating board on some sections on NL, notably like this same Politics section (not restricted only to that but also Culture & Religion)...Not to emphasize too much, if u know u love Nigeria as you claim, then you should definitely know its REASONABLE, GOOD AND PROGRESSIVE to welcome idea of fellow northerners as Nigerians in the moderators section by including their man as a moderator

..if u support, what then do u think of having poll or discussion on that off this thread?

(still waiting OAM4J)
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GrammarPolice: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2013
TTBlog: Moderator, why edit my post without my link dere?? I got the Information from the right source and sure about it. I need an expalnation.
https://www.nairaland.com/1385353/fasholas-dad-ademola-fashola-dead

*expLAnation*

angry

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2013
of course, why wont a detribalized moderating section bring out the better of the forum..
I marvel at such ENORMOUS lack of depth and wisdom in such comment that will still ignorantly play down the importance of recognizing the interest of other humans on a same forum that claims to hold the collective name that brings such humans into the fold.
..if Nairaland continues its current system of administration, which as been successful in sabotaging the interest of some AND promoting others, why name it "NAIRALAND" then?

..Another wise contribution please jare
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pygru: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ChristKid1: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2013
Are the northerners asking for a northern moderator? I haven't seen any yet. Slave mentality, everywhere you go.

cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2013
oh yes, they are and had done so but nothing was done!...only that its the Nits the current system favors are even the ones that would kick against d choice of a Northern moderator
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ChristKid1: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Where and when have they complained?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2013
I suggest u look for the where and when "somewhere outta ya as*s."

Why not search well on the thread with the proper strings of words rather than ask such foolish question..

..pls iv got no time to start derailing here. And as iv said, if u cant search WELL the topic of their complaint in the thread they made such complaint, ...I might as well lend u a helping hand for you to locate it "somewhere outta ya as*s bro."
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
nitlad: Apparently, at least two people ('seedord247' on the original thread and 'YesBosss' on this complaint thread) have reported this post by 'toothpaste' also quoted by 'kayci_d77' on page 16 of the MASSOB thread.

The number of hidden posts on that page and the subsequent page (a clear indicator that the mods were heavily present and active on the thread and that page in particular) makes it almost impossible for someone seeing that comment and page for the first like myself to believe that the Mods haven't seen that comment. Infact, it renders the usual lame defense that "we can't see it all" invalid. I am convinced the comment was intentionally left untouched. It has been there since 7:36AM yesterday!

The comment and the one quoted should be hidden and the poster sent to the gallows! It is a clear and dangerous violation of rule 10!

YesBosss:

Bro, the mods are doing more harm than good to this forum. I have click a report button about that post more than 4times yesterday but was online today and the guys pics and info is still there. I dont know the man but its unfair, a guy was even boasting that he will track him down and swore to do that. You guys should continue and enjoy.

You guys should give us a break. What do we gain leaving a personal information visible? The thread was last cleaned hours before that post was made. If you reported the post and nothing was done, make another report here and give us few hours before condemning us. We dont stay online 24/7.

St_Black: Dear Veiwers,
There has been a recent need by some Northerners on the forum for the inclusion of their kinsman into the moderating board on some sections on NL, notably like this same Politics section (not restricted only to that but also Culture & Religion)...Not to emphasize too much, if u know u love Nigeria as you claim, then you should definitely know its REASONABLE, GOOD AND PROGRESSIVE to welcome idea of fellow northerners as Nigerians in the moderators section by including their man as a moderator

..if u support, what then do u think of having poll or discussion on that off this thread?

(still waiting OAM4J)

Your suggestions have been noted. But I dont have the power to examine its merit/demerit and do something about it. In any case, NL administration will look into it and do whatever they consider needful.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Italiano1: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J:

Thanks.

I am waiting for a response to my query please
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J:

You guys should give us a break. What do we gain leaving a personal information visible? The thread was last cleaned hours before that post was made. If you reported the post and nothing was done, make another report here and give us few hours before condemning us. We dont stay online 24/7.

Your suggestions have been noted. But I dont have the power to examine its merit/demerit and do something about it. In any case, NL administration will look into it and do whatever they consider needful.

Thanks.

Now, whats your say on my suggestion as regards organizing a poll/discussion on that (off this thread) ? smiley
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nitlad: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J: You guys should give us a break.

Na Seun be una employer, your request for a break should be tendered to him....

What do we gain leaving a personal information visible?

I sabi for una? I wouldn't put it past you people that it was left to spite the guy though... You probably thought or felt it served the guy right. Nothing is beyond you people!

The thread was last cleaned hours before that post was made.

I find this hard to believe... In my quest to see if any other person quoted that post apart from the ones I reported, I perused it to the following page which was also the last page as of that time. The following page had about 15 posts with at least half of it hidden - evidence of at least a moderator's presence and also that it was actually cleaned after that very post!

If you reported the post and nothing was done, make another report here and give us few hours before condemning us. We dont stay online 24/7.

Bloke, Seedord247 raised a red flag immediately that post went up, YesBosss claimed to have reported it at least 4 times yesterday.

Few hours? 7:36AM yesterday and this morning is more than enough time for that post to have been taken down dude! It is also more than enough time to have put that lad in immediate grave danger!

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
nitlad:

Na Seun be una employer, your request for a break should be tendered to him....

I sabi for una? I wouldn't put it past you people that it was left to spite the guy though... You probably thought or felt it served the guy right. Nothing is beyond you people!

I find this hard to believe... In my quest to see if any other person quoted that post apart from the ones I reported, I perused it to the following page which was also the last page as of that time. The following page had about 15 posts with at least half of it hidden - evidence of at least a moderator's presence and also that it was actually cleaned after that very post!

Bloke, Seedord247 raised a red flag immediately that post went up, YesBosss claimed to have reported it at least 4 times yesterday.

Few hours? 7:36AM yesterday and this morning is more than enough time for that post to have been taken down dude! It is also more than enough time to have put that lad in immediate grave danger!

I hope they've given a life-time ban to the handle that was involved in that despicable act..

Some people will just never learn until you give them the extreme treatment.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Italiano1:

I am waiting for a response to my query please

Below is your post that was hid Mr Italiano,:

Italiano1: This is very interesting. I read a thread in politics section where a mod said there should be an end to ethnic hostilities and there was noise of zero tolerance bla bla. Yet since yesterday the amount of tribalistic posts in this thread has been embarrasing.

On every page, we have bigots using names such as tifnibu, yet there are allowed to continue posting with impunity. The rubbish excuse will be that we should report them, but curiously if it was other tribes doing same in a ojukwu thread the mods would have been very proactive and would have been handing bans like hot cake.

Does this new zero tolerance towards tribalism exclude some people while affecting others drastically?? SMH

Nothing is wrong with it except that it has nothing to do with Tinubu's thread, hence an off-topic. Such post should be made on this thread or threads discussing tribalism.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1385731/35-new-firms-open-business/2

dolphinife:

You are a first-grade bastard, nitwits and intellectual failure. considering your age, you are just another time bomb waiting to explode with your quack reasoning and premature conclusion. from yourr comments, it shows that you doesn't have good parentage, nor do you have home training, rather, you are fool with no consequential background to associate with.

may you nd your children' children and your entire heritage die young.....bastard
OLORIBURUKU
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obinoscopy(m): 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
0monnakoda: https://www.nairaland.com/1385731/35-new-firms-open-business/2

Your link is not precise. This is the precise link to that post: https://www.nairaland.com/1385731/35-new-firms-open-business/3#17265035

Pls let's make it easier for the mods by providing them with precise info in our complaints.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
^ Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ishilove: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
Fuji House of Commotion grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli: www.nairaland.com/1386346/video-adebayo-ifeoluwa-shameless-extortionist

This thread is wahala waiting to happen

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ujchief(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
I still can't see the reason this thread was started if not to incite e-wars
https://www.nairaland.com/1386994/why-did-igbo-refused-vote
So many hidden post already. Can't it just be closed down other than it being an avenue for people to engage in what will make their comments to be hidden.

Just saying.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
Moderators

There is no place for the response from this moniker "Chanchit". It's a disgusting post from the first person to comment on the thread. Please, delete it and ban the poster.

https://www.nairaland.com/1387373/gov-fashola-father-buried-ikoyi
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Moderators why was my post on the rivers state deportation thread deleted,answers needed asap
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slap1(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2013
I can't find the 'reply' command on some threads. Why?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by slap1(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2013
I can't find the 'reply' command on some threads. Why? People still reply to the same thread.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 99cent: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2013
ujchief: I still can't see the reason this thread was started if not to incite e-wars
https://www.nairaland.com/1386994/why-did-igbo-refused-vote
So many hidden post already. Can't it just be closed down other than it being an avenue for people to engage in what will make their comments to be hidden.

Just saying.

it's a justifiable topic. It makes perfect sense for it to exist as many people are curious to know the answer to the question. it's a very good question actually.
let the nonsensical replies stay hidden.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2013
slap1: I can't find the 'reply' command on some threads. Why? People still reply to the same thread.
The 'reply' command will only be missing in a section if you were banned on that section.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
The 'reply' command will only be missing in a section if you were banned on that section.
afam why was my post hidden,the post didnt break any rule

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.