Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (227037 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by chi3280(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Can someone ban this mo'phucker and close the thread? The thread is gonna cause another round of ethnic war if it's left unlocked.

https://www.nairaland.com/1388114/why-fashola-mostly-hated-people#17282287
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AbdH: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello mods, enough of this same issue. Kindly delete this topic.
https://www.nairaland.com/1388490/deportation-shows-how-igbos-treated#17287775
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Moderators

This is front page material:

https://www.nairaland.com/1387138/rip-mumucracy-1999-2015
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
@Moderators

This is also a front page material. Please let Nigerians read this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1386370/lagbaja-responds-okey-ndibe-mumudom
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1388076/encounter-fulani-herdsmen-delta

Since the newly detribalized OAM4J is seeking to eradicate tribalism from these boards, what is such a thread doing on the FRONT PAGE no less?

Surely we can all see the sole aim of the thread is to demonize the Fulani...

I expect the non-tribalized mods to to sanitize/delete the thread and send all the tribal belligerents on a long vacation...in the spirit of One Nigeria of course tongue

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
@mod, pls I wanna no why 2 of my posts were hidden yesterday on dis topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/1387201/nigerian-police-officer-asking-bribe/4#17274742

Pls I need wat rule number I violated,

Pls reply ASAP
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
ighoosagie: @mod, pls I wanna no why 2 of my posts were hidden yesterday on dis topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/1387201/nigerian-police-officer-asking-bribe/4#17274742

Pls I need wat rule number I violated,

Pls reply ASAP

Your exchange with Sexkillzisagoat are off topic. Complaints should be made here. Rule 1
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

Your exchange with Sexkillzisagoat are off topic. Complaints should be made here. Rule 1

Any reply to this post sir?

jackbauersballs: https://www.nairaland.com/1388076/encounter-fulani-herdsmen-delta

Since the newly detribalized OAM4J is seeking to eradicate tribalism from these boards, what is such a thread doing on the FRONT PAGE no less?

Surely we can all see the sole aim of the thread is to demonize the Fulani...

I expect the non-tribalized mods to to sanitize/delete the thread and send all the tribal belligerents on a long vacation...in the spirit of One Nigeria of course tongue
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Any reply to this post sir?

I didn't recommend the thread for homepage, I also don't think the sole aim of the thread is to demonize the Fulanis. Looks more like narration of someone's experience with some Fulani headsmen.

Nevertheless I will go through the thread to remove any offensive post in it. Though am yet to receive any report from the thread.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

I tink dis ain't fair. Wat eva rules is applies 2 one shud b applied 2 all, many folks get away wit dis, bt why me?

I av been 2 real big conventions were dey still go off d topic ,as big as engage 2013 (Google convention) wit men lik Sergey brain, Larry page, Susan woziski, David Drummond, Schmidt n many more.

I feel only silly people get a hidden post, bt I'm nt.

I need u guys 2 mk a professional reviews on them
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

I didn't recommend the thread for homepage, I also don't think the sole aim of the thread is to demonize the Fulanis. Looks more like narration of someone's experience with some Fulani headsmen.

Nevertheless I will go through the thread to remove any offensive post in it. Though am yet to receive any report from the thread.

OAM4J,

First off, I applaud your renewed efforts to tame the scourge of bigotry on these boards.

In view of this latest campaign, do you think it makes sense to drop the word "Fulani" from the title of that discussion thread altogether? I think it is not only superfluous, but also likely to be considered offensive in certain quarters.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

Dont play coy my friend...

This is how the Victim said knew his assailants were Fulani:
With their patched up English language they ordered everybody to “bring out ya Money or i kill you”. They had their faces covered with charcoal, while their dresses and language obviously tells you that they are cattle rearers. They carried with them their sticks and machetes

Notice that he made an assumption based on a gut feeling and proceeded to present this gut feeling as fact here:

But at the station, I was warned not to say that the robbers were of Fulani extraction, that there was a serious effort by security agencies to conceal the fact that the perpetrators of the crime were from Northern part of the country. But I objected to that.

Nowhere in the article does the victim prove that his assailants were Fulani or that they were indeed herdsmen...They spoke in "Patchy" English throughout the encounter, and had charcoal covered faces..

What then is the basis of the victim's conviction that they were Fulani?

And what was behind his continued insistence that his assailants were Fulani even to the Police,if not race baiting?

A detribalised article would be focused on the heinous crime itself and not the ethnicity of the perpetrators. A detribalised topic would be 'Encounter with Robbers in Delta state'

Whether or not you put the topic on frontpage is irrelevant...all that matters now is that your attention has clearly been drawn to a racially inflammatory thread...

Your job now as the Detribalized Mod who is a citizen on One Nigeria, is to delete the thread. If the thread was titled "Encounter with Yoruba Robber" or "Encounter with Ibo Highwayman", the thread would have been deleted ages ago...

Fulanis are Nigerians too...

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J: --------> https://www.nairaland.com/490918/lets-complaints-here

Do you have any issue with the Mods or other member(s), or with a post, thread or spambot?

Let's have your complaints here. They will be attended to. Remember to always supply the link(s) to the post(s) or thread(s) you are reporting.

Let’s also have your suggestions and enquiries here too, we will try to respond to them as soon as possible.

Please note that the 'report to moderators' button still works, use it as well to report a specific post.

Let's keep this place sane and avoid unnecessary fighting and cussing.
www.nairaland.com/1385543/rivers-state-commissioner-police-redeployed..
This thread falsely reported that the rivers state commisioner of police had been redeployed, this is untrue as he still remains the CP...there should be some form of regulation to prevent misinformation of the public
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
What are the odds of OAM4J not responding to,or taking any action my request? grin

We must be detribalised and rigidly politically correct in this section. Zero tolerance to Bigotry. cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
@ eGuerrilla & jackbauersballs

The thread title has been modified. Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
emk4lif:
www.nairaland.com/1385543/rivers-state-commissioner-police-redeployed..
This thread falsely reported that the rivers state commisioner of police had been redeployed, this is untrue as he still remains the CP...there should be some form of regulation to prevent misinformation of the public

Do you have any credible evidence that he is still the CP? The OP of that thread claimed it was announced on the Radio.
In the meantime I have added a "?" to that thread title, We would post a disclaimer when I get an evidence from you.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J: @ eGuerrilla & jackbauersballs

The thread title has been modified. Thanks.

Has the incendiary content been modified?

Even with the numerous hidden posts on that thread, there are still posters asking for Fulanis to be crushed and shot to death...simply because the victim believed and stated without proof that his assailants were of Fulani extraction...

You may modify the topic and even ban all the posters on that thread, but as long as the inflammatory content is still available to read, you are making continued mockery of your efforts to detribalise Nairaland...

If you though clamping down on Tribalism on Nairaland is simply a matter of Shutting down Yoruba and Ibo partisanship by throwing excessively harsh bans around, then you even more inept than afam..

FYI...The Topic on the Frontpage still has Fulani Herdmen showing...

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Asoozy: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Has the incendiary content been modified?

Even with the numerous hidden posts on that thread, there are still posters asking for Fulanis to be crushed and shot to death...simply because the victim believed and stated without proof that his assailants were of Fulani extraction...

You may modify the topic and even ban all the posters on that thread, but as long as the inflammatory content is still available to read, you are making continued mockery of your efforts to detribalise Nairaland...

If you though clamping down on Tribalism on Nairaland is simply a matter of Shutting down Yoruba and Ibo partisanship by throwing excessively harsh bans around, then you even more inept than afam..

FYI...The Topic on the Frontpage still has Fulani Herdmen showing...

Are you a human rights lawyer or a civil rights activist by any chance?

I like the way you make out your arguments.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Asoozy:

No...I'm just a Nairalander that has had enough of incompetent moderation.

Nairaland mods have no understanding of rules and enforcement, and no understanding of social interaction.

For example, is it not telling that there is currently no means of arbitration, or contesting a decision without breaking rule 19? undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

[size=15pt]after making my complains, u went ahead t hide all my post on polities section.

guy you no try at all.

i wud leave 4 u 2 moderate n comment
[/size]
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
OAM4J:

[size=15pt]Ur claim is i was off topic,

check first post on page one below

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Reuben.Abati: 8:42pm On Aug 06
Conductor, abeg drop me here sharp sharp!

U don dey craze abi? I say, drop me here, I wan buy this DVD!!

u see ur lapses ?.

if really u re a professional, by now u shud av known that there is neva a way a thread wud progress without going off n on.

now i see why people lament abt polities section
[/size]
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 08, 2013
Asoozy:

A true activist argues with basis to consolidation with the FACT AND TRUTH on ground.
...Asoozy, how wish u dont bother urself any longer. Imagine an "educated" individual defending condemnation against inhumane acts of violence perpetrated by Fulanis in country, hereby insisting such reasonable discussion be dispensed..i mean Asoozy, cant u just see something else is wrong with such "educated" individual?...
.....which reminds me of the same scenario when such fella in his foolish elements can still go on to wallow in ignorance BY discrediting the positive importance & impact of a new system of de-tribalized ethnic make-up in the moderators crew in d Politics section...

Asoozy Bro, pls i beg ur pardon, let ignorance be, like a sleeping dog. Just laugh at it, nod ur head at it, and pass by it.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2013
OAM4J / Sexkills,

Threads such as this should be moved to investment as it has nothing to do with politics
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2013
St_Black:

A true activist argues with basis to consolidation with the FACT AND TRUTH on ground.
...Asoozy, how wish u dont bother urself any longer. Imagine an "educated" individual defending condemnation against inhumane acts of violence perpetrated by Fulanis in country, hereby insisting such reasonable discussion be dispensed..i mean Asoozy, cant u just see something else is wrong with such "educated" individual?...
.....which reminds me of the same scenario when such fella in his foolish elements can still go on to wallow in ignorance BY discrediting the positive importance & impact of a new system of de-tribalized ethnic make-up in the moderators crew in d Politics section...

Asoozy Bro, pls i beg ur pardon, let ignorance be, like a sleeping dog. Just laugh at it, nod ur head at it, and pass by it.

Your problem is lack of appreciation for sarcasm...

I am very opposed to new system proposed by OAM4J due to its numerous inconsistencies

I have already pointed out how rigid political correctness is not the way to go in this section, because it leads to absurd suggestions(like your call for an ethnic quota system) and inconsistent judgement( Closing down Yoruba/Igbo threads while unconsciously promoting Fulani bashing)...

But don't worry if you don't get the message, it was aimed at a(hopefully) more intelligent and discerning audience...

P.s ad hominem attacks are soo last year cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Your problem is lack of appreciation for sarcasm...

I am very opposed to new system proposed by OAM4J due to its numerous inconsistencies

I have already pointed out how rigid political correctness is not the way to go in this section, because it leads to absurd suggestions(like your call for an ethnic quota system) and inconsistent judgement( Closing down Yoruba/Igbo threads while unconsciously promoting Fulani bashing)...

But don't worry if you don't get the message, it was aimed at a(hopefully) more intelligent and discerning audience...

P.s ad hominem attacks are soo last year cheesy

I see u are trying to cover up ur initially distorted views with this post. But yet, this same post still reeks of the same elements of misjudgements in the former posts.
Pls tell me, how will Fulani/Northern threads be favored ahead of others when the other tribes have their representatives in among the moderators?...So you are saying Yoruba & Igbo mods will watch a Northerner sabotaga d interests of their kinsmen AT the expense of promoting fulani/hausa/northern bashing, abi?

...if all these you said are why a political correctness isnt proper, waooooo then, I GIVE UP ARGUING ANY FURTHER.
...(i just wonder how the promotion of northern interests will be of detriment to others)
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2013
St_Black:

I see u are trying to cover up ur initially distorted views with this post. But yet, this same post still reeks of the same elements of misjudgements in the former posts.
Pls tell me, how will Fulani/Northern threads be favored ahead of others when the other tribes have their representatives in among the moderators?...So you are saying Yoruba & Igbo mods will watch a Northerner sabotaga d interests of their kinsmen AT the expense of promoting fulani/hausa/northern bashing, abi?

...if all these you said are why a political correctness isnt proper, waooooo then, I GIVE UP ARGUING ANY FURTHER.
...(i just wonder how the promotion of northern interests will be of detriment to others)

Dude my message is not for you...and you're not advanced enough to get it yet anyway,so don't fret...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Dude my message is not for you...and you're not advanced enough to get it yet anyway,so don't fret...

SO WHY SENSELESSLY QUOTE MY POST AT FIRST THEN?..
pls lets just put this aside and let each person go his own way. im avoiding tussling with one of my own fellow kinsmen here...

so please, HAVE A NICE DAY.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 08, 2013
Any other sensible contribution as to having a Northern moderator please!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2013
St_Black:

SO WHY QUOTE MY POST AT FIRST THEN?..
pls lets just put this aside and let each person go his own way. im avoiding tussling with one of my own fellow kinsmen here...

so please, HAVE A NICE DAY.

I only quoted you after your subliminal jabs and ad hominem attacks...

I really don't care if you're Yoruba or ibibio...

Good day to you too...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2013
jackbauersballs:

I only quoted you after your subliminal jabs and ad hominem attacks...

I really don't care if you're Yoruba or ibibio...

Good day to you too...

BYE.
Odabo.E ki ile oo.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2013
St and jack...

Time to let go....somewhere deep, you both have same interest....the means to such maybe be different.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: St and jack...

Time to let go....somewhere deep, you both have same interest....the means to such maybe be different.

THANKS JARE BRO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.