Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226248 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Welcome Mukina2!

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
OAM4J:

We have been very busy in the mod section deliberating over important NL affairs. I believe all is well now.

Am sorry for my inactivity for the past few days, am around to serve you all now.

Are u adding to the rules or not, we need more freedom to express ourselves better.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Demdem:

Are u adding to the rules or not, we need more freedom to express ourselves better.

No new rules, but we need to enforce the present rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
OAM4J:

E do Kay.
Demdem operates by the rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
OAM4J:

In enforcing the rules....watch out for other mods that stroll pass an obvious contravening of the rules while pretending they didn't see.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Lilimax(f): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Aunty Mukina2,
I can see your handwork grin
Eku ise!

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by rabzy01: 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mods, this is a new one, a sort of breaking news.

Another FAKE certificate detected in Oduah's CV.:

https://www.nairaland.com/1587201/stella-oduah-honorary-ph.d-fake#20779134

Can this be considered for front page so as to get to the root of this matter?

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by MayorofLagos(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
Tolexander: Welcome Mukina2!

Muki who, where is she shocked

Aww, I miss my babe. cry

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by MayorofLagos(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
OAM4J:

We have been very busy in the mod section deliberating over important NL affairs. I believe all is well now.

Am sorry for my inactivity for the past few days, am around to serve you all now.

Well, thank you for returning and i need your service please.

This Mayor has been blocked/banned by spambot three times in the span of a week. I want that rectified please. I dont post spam in here. I need help. Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Muki who, where is she shocked

Aww, I miss my babe. cry

she moved 4 topics to the homepage around 5pm.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by donphilopus: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
MODs, why is this misleading topic on the FP? Who knows the exact time Oshiomole bought the Chips from the kid? And why would they say the kid should by then?

https://www.nairaland.com/1585656/oshiomole-buys-chips-child-should
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1587613/apc-blames-presidency-pdp-over

Afam, oya do the needful to this topic and if need be, ban the poster.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by donphilopus: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2014
Pataki: https://www.nairaland.com/1587613/apc-blames-presidency-pdp-over

Afam, oya do the needful to this topic and if need be, ban the poster.
Do you not know Afam? He can never do that! Rule 8 clearly states that members should not post false information, yet a member created a thread that "Oduah has resigned" (NTA News). Did the Mods ban the poster?? Was the thread deleted?? NO.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AntiGbagaun(f): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2014
donphilopus: Do you not know Afam? He can never do that! Rule 8 clearly states that members should not post force information, yet a member created a thread that "Oduah has resigned" (NTA News). Did the Mods ban the poster?? Was the thread deleted?? NO.
undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by donphilopus: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2014
Anti-Gbagaun:
Jobless nitwit!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Gboliwe: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2014
Anti-Gbagaun:
Iya Trustee, your diary is the funniest. Since I can't tell you this in the diary section, I am saying it here. Keep it up. grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Jamie87(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
Gboliwe: Iya Trustee, your diary is the funniest. Since I can't tell you this in the diary section, I am saying it here. Keep it up. grin grin
cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko: Please mods, when you wake up, kindly move these threads to frontpage:

https://www.nairaland.com/1586070/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-news-stella-oduahs-cv
https://www.nairaland.com/1585818/official-cv-stella-oduah-confirms#20767555

The senate finally vindicated Odua by publishing her cv which she used to secure the job; and all the allegations are false. Nl wasn't hesitant in moving the threads filled with false allegations and insults to her person on the frontpage, so it wouldn't be difficult moving this one to clear the air.

suggestion some sets of people are currently using Nl as a tool to achieve their selfish ambition; much to the detriment of this nice site. Some of us are starting to see this website as a tool for selfish desires of some peeps. They claim to be whoever they are and post ridiculous items here only for the mods to take such to frontpage without further verification. Maybe you guys believe its a thing of immense honour to have such creatures in this site; unless they are paying handsomely for the publicity and propaganda they are using the politics section and nairaland as a whole to do, then I say they are doing more harm than good.

Take the case of odua; barely 24 hrs after the ridiculous news was published all over the net and Nl, senate has cleared the air. What would it have cost the mods if they waited that long b4 moving such threads to frontpage?

Except those threads are lies.

There seems to be a pattern on NL. A fully sourced article will grace the front page, generate a lot of traffic, and then a few days later UNSOURCED and CONTRADICTORY claims will hit the front page.

This is confusing to many people. Prime example, is the letter writing saga.

A sourced thread quoted an article in Vanguard. That article contained the contents of Iyabos letter to OBJ. It hit the front page and about 97% of us believed it to be accurate.

A few days later, an UNSOURCED and uncomfirmed post claimed that Iyabo did not author that letter to her father.

We were all confused, and it took a few days to sort out the truth. Nairaland created national confusion, single-handedly, by pushing that unsourcred thread to the Front Page.

There have been even worse instances where threads are "jokes", but presented as truth just to gain views. I am thinking of the Ngige crying over 2bn thread, and Lagbaja removing his mask. Many people STILL believe those threads were truthful.

Shockingly, this pattern is repeating itself again with this latest Oduah scandal.

A story hits the front page with multiple sources and several media outlets are reporting the story. All of us believe the accusations are true.

Then an UNSOURCED and UNCOMFIRMED thread hits the front page, that is completely contradictory. I am of course talking about this post:

theoctopus: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Senate Releases Stella Oduah's CV. The Nigerian Senate have released the Curriculum Vitae (Resume) which Princess Stella Oduah the Aviation Minister used in securing her appointment. According to the release, they confirm that the Aviation Minister's CV was in line with her claims, against what some media outfits have been writing in the last few days. They warned that the online news outlets Sahara Reporters and Premium Times should stop giving out false and malicious information that might lead to breakdown of law and order. Sahara reporters have already accepted misleading Nigerians and still refuse to apologize for their malicious allegations and frivolous claims.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria?ref=stream

From the very beginning, that person claimed to have gotten their information directly from a public statement released by the Senate. It was an obvious lie when I first saw the thread, because the pictures of Oduah's CV that OP posted had a very prominent PREMIUM TIMES logo on it. I didnt take the thread serious, and expected it would be deleted as trash. Now it seems that OP figured out that the GIANT PREMIUM TIMES LOGO, was a dead giveaway that they dint get the CV from the Senate, so they changed it. They downloaded the CV from the Premium Times website (where it doesn't have a logo), and reuploaded it to Nairaland. Hilariously, they decided to photochop a pic of Stella' face onto the resume. grin

Lets be clear.

1. The Senate is on vacation until January 14th. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to have released anything.

2. OP did not list a single person from the senate that released it. WHO FROM THE SENATE GAVE OP ODUAH's resume? It might have just as well been ghosts.

3. OP claims (quite fraudulently) that the Senate released a "statement". (Where is this statement, has anyone seen it?)

4. OP claims that the Senate "confirm[ed] that the Aviation Minister's CV was in line with her claims, against what some media outfits have been writing in the last few days. They warned that the online news outlets Sahara Reporters and Premium Times should stop giving out false and malicious information that might lead to breakdown of law and order." SINCE THIS "SENATE'S STATEMENT" DOESNT EXIST, THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE.

5. OP's only source is the facebook page of some random PDP fan site. Where is this Senate Statement?

6. From what I can tell, there is no mention of Oduah AT ALL on that Facebook page. Can anyone find where they mentioned what OP claimed? In fact, I think that post was WRITTEN by the owner of that Facebook page, and that they included the link to their facebook page as a PROMOTION and not as a source. Did any mod even click on the link to verify OP's claims?

Anyway, I was SHOCKED to see that thread on the front page today. It is an obvious fraud. The question I have, is what are the standards this website uses?

I am not a fan of Sincere9gerian, but he always uses sources, so I respect him. When other's on the politics section discuss issues, we like to use SOURCED articles to bash each other. When I post threads, I always use a source. Personally, this level of yeye journalism is against the politics section culture, and should be stopped. If we cant trust NL, then what is the point?

Lastly, let us all wait until the government resumes on Jan 14, when the investigation into Oduah will formally start. These unsourced, and uncomfirmed, claims from the "Nigerian Senate" (which is currently on vacation) will most likely be exposed as fraudulent. In the mean time, this concerned Nigerian would like to know what determines whether or not a thread is front page worthy. Thanks and good day.

Can we put this on Front Page?

I can shorten it, or create another version.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1588187/oduahs-cv-released-senate-thread

NL cant be preaching lies to 40,000 people.

Nigerians deserve to know the truth.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
Actually, instead of my thread going to the FP, Nairaland should issue the retraction/correction. If it comes from me, it will be just as confusing to people. Plus, the retraction/correction needs to be seen by as many people as possible. My thread wont achieve that.

Please do the right thing.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by muchbeauty(f): 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ever since i joined nairaland, i have not been able to read messages sent to me from fellow nairalanders.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by chicbenita(f): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
muchbeauty: Ever since i joined nairaland, i have not been able to read messages sent to me from fellow nairalanders.
Pls check your spam folder.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Seun: Pls check your spam folder.
I'm also having the same problem. I dont know if its possible to have a private mail box within the NL platform.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by chicbenita(f): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by eggheaders(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2014
damn!!!!! where all y'all my political eggheads can't wait to get back to the game.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by donphilopus: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2014
eggheaders: damn!!!!! where all y'all my political eggheads can't wait to get back to the game.

Lol... Guys ain't smiling!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Orlando Owoh is here.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2014
Let no fool come here and close this thread again ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.