Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,523 members, 7,816,280 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (225942 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by PointB: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ikenna,
Thanks for gracing my complaint with a response even though you never really address the reason why you ban Onlytruth in the first place. I hope he accepts the apologies.

Let me say that the task you embarked upon is is ardous and you will need all the co-operation you can get. But turning upside down several establish codes (written and unwritten) will most likely work against your objectives. It might be easier, and more prudent to co-opt a few people/individual(s) rather than attempting to use brute force.

Keeping things cordial with those who matters (and those who you think dont matter) is a trick you should learn in politics section. There are those who genuinely wish you well and those who will do whatever necessary to ensure you fail, it is in your hand. Just understand that the end does not always justify the means.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OgbuefiNegro: 12:19am On Apr 23, 2013
you moderators suffer from tribalism and are as vulnerable as anyone else influenced and affected by the political stagnation in the country. you cannot solve what you call "tribalism and bigotry" here in the forum without suffering a resulting resentment amongst your own team.

your identity as a mod is secondary to your persona which is interwoven with the emotions on the threads. therefore, continued agression against a targeted ethnic group will touch who you are and prevail upon your judgement and action towards your own team mates.

those calling for eradication of tribalism on nairaland, without first resolving it in the mundane national politics are crazy and uninformed.

....and stop hiding my complaints/suggestions.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 2:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Ikenna351:

@ OAM4J,

A member complained here in this thread, Desola, seeking for a public apology from me, for wrongly banning her. I tendered the apology and adviced members to desist tribal slur in that same apology. But why you went and removed those 2 posts is what i dont understand. Her complaint shouldnt be hidden, the same with the apology. Where else. Isnt that what this thread is for? Please, OAM4J, you are acting as if you are the only mod in this section. Its very wrong. You dont get to decide yourself alone how your co-mods carryout their functions. I was pulled into this Section because of the mess this section had turned into. At the beginning, i quietly asked you to stay out of this, so that we dont allow tribal bigots to create conflicts between us, but its like thats what you wanted. Please, dont frustrate my work here. I have been staying away from other mod work in this section and concentrating on reducing tribal hate. Meaning, am not here to challenge you. As soon as sanity is restored, believe me, i will take my leave.

The above post is a disgrace and I say shame on you Ikenna351 for disgracing your co-mod publicly. This is one of the posts which, if you have any brains, should have been made privately or in your moderator section. I am disappointed in you and you don't deserve to be a moderator of this section. I hope Seun takes immediate corrective actions to deal with you. What nonsense!!

By the way, this is a complaint thread and I will not appreciate the bastardization of my post in any way, shape, or form. DO NOT HIDE THIS POST!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2013
I Will like to know who hid my posts? Let someone just confirm to me that its Afam.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 8:04am On Apr 23, 2013
Ikenna351:

@ OAM4J,

A member complained here in this thread, Desola, seeking for a public apology from me, for wrongly banning her. I tendered the apology and adviced members to desist tribal slur in that same apology. But why you went and removed those 2 posts is what i dont understand. Her complaint shouldnt be hidden, the same with the apology. Where else. Isnt that what this thread is for? Please, OAM4J, you are acting as if you are the only mod in this section. Its very wrong. You dont get to decide yourself alone how your co-mods carryout their functions. I was pulled into this Section because of the mess this section had turned into. At the beginning, i quietly asked you to stay out of this, so that we dont allow tribal bigots to create conflicts between us, but its like thats what you wanted. Please, dont frustrate my work here. I have been staying away from other mod work in this section and concentrating on reducing tribal hate. Meaning, am not here to challenge you. As soon as sanity is restored, believe me, i will take my leave.

To everyone,

If you have any query for me on my campaign against Tribal hate, please post them here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1252090/no-more-tribal-attack-politics

I originally created that thread for such complains, but i was surprised to find it locked. But since am not allowed to operate in this thread as a co-mod, i will unlock the thread.

Ikenna.

Ordinarily you should be removed as a moderator for this post you have made here.

Is there no moderator section or PM you can send to your fellow co-moderator? You want to turn yourself into a demi-god that must be feared huh? You seem to have a low self esteem of yourself and the belief that being a cyber moderator gives you power is astonishing foolishness.

I have noticed how you carry around your self importance as if you are all that. Sorry to burst your bubbles; dude, you are the butt of jokes here. Even as a moderator, your fellow ibo brethen do not respect you here. Just try to imagine when you are no longer a moderator on this board. Your most precious name will be the gutter talk on this board.

Even Seun who is far more autocratic than all you wimps of moderator has learnt to tone down. Who then are you? Trust me, you would learn a bitter life lesson on this board from the learned members on this forum. Continue with this attitude, NL sure has a way of teaching sense to the senseless.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Is the below statement no longer valid?

I will like to know why ikena banned me for using the term Heebo

OAM4J:

Haven gone through the links supplied by our 2 senior members Dede1 and Dayokanu, I wish to still plead that we refer to Nigeria South Easterners as Igbo and South Westerners as Yoruba only.

But we will no longer hide or ban those who refer to Yoruba as Yoruba and Yooba, and Igbo as Ibo, Ebo, Iboe, Eboe, Eboans and Heebo

Other variation outside these proven ones will be removed and might warrant a ban if convinced its not a typographical error but a deliberate attempt at ethnic slur.

Unless Of course our oga at the top says another thing otherwise.

That's all

Thank you.

For avoidance of doubt, OAM4J also said this:

OAM4J: Ladies and Gentlemen of Politics Section,

I think we have had enough debate on the new moderator. Ikenna351 has not made any new rule. He has only advised people to stick to using Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa on NL just like we have done in the past. [b]He has not and he is not banning anyone for using Ibo, Yooba or Yoruba etc for now.

Ikenna351 is here to join the fight in putting an end to tribal attacks which am sure many of you want. Even if some of you dont believe in that mission, please let him do his job and let the attack stop. So far he has not done anything outside the rules of Nairaland.

So I plead with you all to let us rest the matter and focus on discussing Nigerian politics. For instance, Boko haram has rejected amnesty even before it is offered, what is now the way forward to our security challenges?

Thank you all.[/b]

I demand that my handle "JACKBAUERSBALLS" be unlocked immediately.

ikena stop being a meddlesome prat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.