Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? (10376 Views)

Agatu In Total Ruin — UN / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Omexonomy: 10:20pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

Why would I not call GEJ, did my governor tell me they would produce electricity for us or did GEJ promise so ?
ok you may be right but please kindly go check ur state govt budget 4 power and ask him what is it for and stop calling gej. And please tell them 2 give sincere answer.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 10:20pm On May 18, 2012
tundesto: We got light now about 10minutes ago.
Abeg bros where do you stay? Cos me never get power ooo
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2012
Mynd_44:
Abi ooooo

My brother, sometimes you wonder how some people reason. The sentiment around GEJ is mainly caused by his silly supporters (ethnic cohorts).

During Yaradua, he was critised for the same thing, During abacha, Ibb Obj etc they were all criticised by this same people and we joined them. Now GEJ, it is a no go area.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:
ok you may be right but please kindly go check ur state govt budget 4 power and ask him what is it for and stop calling gej. And please tell them 2 give sincere answer.

State budget for power ?? shocked shocked shocked I though they were all fed to the NATIONAL GRID so whether my state does IPP or not does not matter because at the end of the day it all goes to the National grid.

Please tell me more about this "State budget" for power. Links and proof because I have not heard of it before. Unless you mean state budget used to buy wires etc not IPP for states.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Gentiejag(f): 10:24pm On May 18, 2012
tundesto: We got light now about 10minutes ago.
ar u crious?...where do u live?
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Gentiejag(f): 10:28pm On May 18, 2012
Honestly...when i was loggin in just now..i was thinking of openin dis kind of thread cos wth!!!...total blackout!!!its nt funny..dey ar just makin my hols very miserable!
Nd as 4 y'all who tink ekiti shld be ceded off or made into farming grounds...i reserve my comments
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2012
Gentiejag: Honestly...when i was loggin in just now..i was thinking of openin dis kind of thread cos wth!!!...total blackout!!!its nt funny..dey ar just makin my hols very miserable!
Nd as 4 y'all who tink ekiti shld be ceded off or made into farming grounds...i reserve my comments

don't mind them fine gal. Most of them get drunk before coming on NL
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by fio(m): 10:31pm On May 18, 2012
Omexonomy:
let ur governor continue to decive you while they continue to steal ur wealth a gas turbine cost less than the amount ur governors spend on thier numeros girl friend in the club.

hw is ur governor utilizing ur funds

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by queensmith: 10:33pm On May 18, 2012
really? Is this news, I remember the times we will go 6 months without light in Ekiti. Times have surely changed!
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by olempe(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2012
Na true o. I live in Akure, the Ondo state capital, and no light since oooooooooooo
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by aljharem(m): 10:35pm On May 18, 2012
f i o:

hw is ur governor utilizing ur funds

Thank you very good question

Oya Omexonomy answer
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 10:36pm On May 18, 2012
Gentiejag:
ar u crious?...where do u live?
It seems you too have gotten power. Please I stay in Ado and we don't have power yet. We are seeing power in the Ajilosu area and my guys are planning a vigil so as to make noise when the power gets here. It is local but hey its the only thing that will pass for fun here
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 10:38pm On May 18, 2012
queensmith: really? Is this news, I remember the times we will go 6 months without light in Ekiti. Times have surely changed!
Yeah those were the times you go on Nigerian airways right? Just kidding how have you been?
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by OkijaPriest: 10:42pm On May 18, 2012
O-Power is a failure

Ekiti is owinng Electric bill worth over 4 years budget..

Both governors should buy and distribute lantern and Kerosene...
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 10:46pm On May 18, 2012
Okija Priest: O-Power is a failure

Ekiti is owinng Electric bill worth over 4 years budget..

Both governors should buy and distribute lantern and Kerosene...
Are you not supposed to be in some shrine in an isolated part of the South East making vows whilst Naked

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by chino24: 10:48pm On May 18, 2012
These are rural states that has little or no need for power.

In an organized clime rural states as this are converted into a huge agricultural land for cultivation of food items.

There are few states in Nigeria that really need this light for there continue industrialization and economic activities.

Viz-a-viz: Lagos, Rivers, Anambra and Kano states.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by celess: 10:51pm On May 18, 2012
[quote author=Babakenny]Both Ondo and Ekiti states are totally shut out of electricity supply for nearly 7 days now. It started on Friday 6th May,2012 up till now and today makes it a week.

What I don't understand is why government is not doing anything to address the situation. I don't know if the problem affect Osogbo too, because that's where the supply comes from to both Ondo and Ekiti States.. This is barbaric and only God knows when this nation will develop from erractic supply of electricity or should I call it no 'electricity at all?'

God help dis county
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:04pm On May 18, 2012
in Ajegunle Ikorodu, Lagos state. we are on 4 days & still counting. I v a crush on Generator Importers & Makers in this nation. they must be responsible 4 the abysmal state of 9ja electricity.
i tire 4 naija
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Butoneday2(m): 11:11pm On May 18, 2012
''A breath of fresh air in Ondo and Ekiti''?
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by djcmeon39(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2012
men its teribble in akure oh,it started since early hours of monday,my neigbour said it was annouced today on radio dat light will come tomorrow and dat d fault is from osogbo.pls phcn,restore dis tin asap
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Fhemmmy: 11:21pm On May 18, 2012
I am sure all these are just the start of what to come, Nigerians will soon wake up and resist all the rubbish
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 18, 2012
U can ask Obj. He's relatively near at Otta. He spent 8 years and billions of dollars on electricity and we were worse off at the end of his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Mynd44: 12:24am On May 19, 2012
After almost 7days, the power's back. I though these guys were going to shout up NEPA but they actually rained curses on them
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by ak47mann(m): 12:28am On May 19, 2012
no light for one week?? mennn that country need help cool
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by ak47mann(m): 12:32am On May 19, 2012
night time i will advice any young lady not to walk on any road or even bush areas around ekiti and ondo state because this is the time for the vultures to come out and search for their victims sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On May 19, 2012
Some m0r0ns dont even know that the FG is the one in charge of Electricity Generation and distribution

Does the state control PHCN?

Well since Ondo and Ekiti voted for Retardeeen Jonathan they should forget the light and bring out their benches to enjoy the FRESH AIR

1 Like

Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Phonon: 12:35am On May 19, 2012
The power has been restored(for God knows how long) in Ado-Ekiti.12:00am May 19,2012. The thread can now be closed.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On May 19, 2012
ak47mann: night time i will advice any young lady not to walk on any road or even bush areas around ekiti and ondo state because this is the time for the vultures to come out and search for their victims sad sad sad sad sad sad

Ekiti State is not ABSU
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Sealeddeal(m): 12:38am On May 19, 2012
OP...even as u are shouting,we are here enjoying constant light supply.even though FG has not lived up to expectation,i still wonder what ur state governors has done to address that.they have the blame for either not informing the populace properly or not doing anything to address it.
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by Nobody: 12:58am On May 19, 2012
I'm loving Mynd_44's replies grin grin grin

I'm expecting this thread to be another 10 pages. Ekiti has now become a hot commodity on NL, we thank God cheesy
Re: Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? by PaulJohn1: 1:13am On May 19, 2012
Babakenny: Both Ondo and Ekiti states are totally shut out of electricity supply for nearly 7 days now. It started on Friday 6th May,2012 up till now and today makes it a week.

What I don't understand is why government is not doing anything to address the situation. I don't know if the problem affect Osogbo too, because that's where the supply comes from to both Ondo and Ekiti States.. This is barbaric and only God knows when this nation will develop from erractic supply of electricity or should I call it no 'electricity at all?'

Give us light oooo so that we can watch the CHELSEA match tomorrow...

Up CHELSEA!!! WE ARE NEW CHAMPION!!!!!

For Oshogbo, light dey constant as usual. Just arrived Osogbo from Lagos, o boy light dey everywhere. Street light wey dey inside bush sef get light. Osogbo too dey waste power, at times dem dey get light for 20 hours in a day. Wish it's like this in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Warned Nnamdi Kanu And Ipods But Did They Listen? / Adedayo Benjamins-Laniyi Picks APC Nomination For Abuja Senate Seat / Bala Mohammed To Refund Monies For Nomination Forms To PDP Aspirants Who Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.