Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,877 members, 7,810,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label (31021 Views)

D’banj Signs Olamide To DB Records / FMP: Kokomaster D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label / D'banj Signs Davido To His New Rrecord Label Def Jam Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:13pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

What a load of crap!!!

If your gonna go that way and add people who've never touched the shores of Nigeria and don't play NIGERIAN MUSIC, then what about -

- Tinie Tempah
- Lemar
- Shirley Bassey
- Chiddy b.ang
- Nneka
- Patti Boulaye

You biased SOB!!!

Shirley Bassey's dad is Efik, you retard...

You named average newbies, and Patti Boulaye who's not on Sade Adu's level.. She was also born in Ibadan....

For every Tinie Tempah - I'll give you Dizzy Rascal and Skepta. I rate Nneka, but she's not on Asa's level, or the Afro-German girl(I can't remember her name) whose pops is yoruba..

I'll give you Chamillionaire for Chiddy b.ang lol. Even my boy Phil Ade is better than Chiddy Bang lol.

As for Lemar, Dele will outdo him soon.

[size=14pt]Enjoy PHIL ADE - always there[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hd3li3wsxA
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 19, 2012
jmoore: Kanye west signs D'banj, D'banj signs Davido. Does this pattern makes sense at all?
KANYE WEST NEVER SIGNED DBANJ, ITS A PARTNERSHIP. BESIDES, DAVIDO HAS BETTER TALENT THAN DBANJ, THE DAVIDO I KNOW FOR HERE, HIM HEAD NO DEY ONE PLACE, HE CAN BELL OUT ANYTIME.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:17pm On May 19, 2012
I'm out, not trying to derail the thread...

Soz, I don't want another ban. Presently serving a ban in the politics section. grin

Let's support Nigeria, without tribal sentiments.

Bittyend of Narnia. cool
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2012
Mogten: Dbanj signs Davido...., Igbo boys vexing at the Killer combination!

Dbanj signs Davido...., Igbo boys vexingIgbo boys are on stand-by at Alaba with blank CD's waiting for " the Killer combination " to drop the first single so that they can chop again wink
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by MrGlobe(m): 2:18pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

What a load of crap!!!

If your gonna go that way and add people who've never touched the shores of Nigeria and don't play NIGERIAN MUSIC, then what about -

- Tinie Tempah
- Lemar
- Shirley Bassey
- Chiddy bang
- Nneka
- Patti Boulaye
You biased SOB!!!
why bother yourself about that bigot? Who is even King Sunny Ade, Femi Kuti et al? They are only popular in Amala music. Nobody gives a f:uck abt them except Amala eaters so just ignore the Arrow.
By the way so many misinformation on this thread. Again dbanj is not signed to good music!!!! Enough of this hype. Is it that you people are to lazy to research. He is signed to mercury only. He is not 4kn international! He is only known among Nigerians and maybe Africans. Anyway its only in Nigeria where good music is not appreciated that Davido of whatever his name is will pride himself as a musician with his noise.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Dandy1(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2012
betrani: fifty neva signed yeyo or lloyd banks, these guys together formed the G-unit! Nor talk wetin u nor sabi! Will u nw say MI signed Jessy Jags and Ice prince?

Dis dude be so LOKO en he still be acting like he really knows.Like pple used to say;don't ever come on a forurm yapping about wat u don't really know thereby displaying ur ignorance 4 d whole world 2 see. 50 acctually signed Loyd Banks en Young Buck,both of dem released an album each under his label.He also co-signed Game on his 1st lp b4 d fallout
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bashr8: 2:21pm On May 19, 2012
adelaja70:
Thank u my brother....the person they are killing themselves for is not even Ibo....Jazzy is from Isoko land.
God punish you , since when did dbanj and don jazzy saga turn to igbo/yoruba bashing, you yorubas are very irritating, na only una get international artist? we have tinnie tempah ,nneka ,tyler the creator,nnenna freelon,lemar ,psquare, chiddy bang etc so go and kill yourselves. fools i wonder when don jazzy turn igbo ,abi wande coal and tiwa no be yoruba again.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by MrGlobe(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

Dbanj signs Davido...., Igbo boys vexingIgbo boys are on stand-by at Alaba with blank CD's waiting for " the Killer combination " to drop the first single so that they can chop again wink
Lol. Genius. The new China! Igbo boys will sell back their crap to them. We dont care about their music, we only care about the money we make from selling back their killer combo crap to them cheesy
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Dandy1(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2012
betrani: fifty neva signed yeyo or lloyd banks, these guys together formed the G-unit! Nor talk wetin u nor sabi! Will u nw say MI signed Jessy Jags and Ice prince?

Dis dude be so LOKO en he still be acting like he really knows.Like pple used to say;don't ever come on a forurm yapping about wat u don't really know,thereby displaying ur ignorance 4 d whole world 2 see. 50 acctually signed Loyd Banks(hunger for more) en Young Buck(straight outta cashville),both of dem released an album each under his label.He also co-signed Game on his 1st lp b4 d fallout
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by KINGwax(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Isn't it obvious that he's trying his best to remain relevant? How come all the recent news about D'banj have been sketchy.
he has alws been relevant...unless don jazzy was d one tryin to be relevant by signing salvage and releasin an unfinished business!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

why bother yourself about that bigot? Who is even King Sunny Ade, Femi Kuti et al? They are only popular in Amala music. Nobody gives a f:uck abt them except Amala eaters so just ignore the Arrow.
By the way so many misinformation on this thread. Again dbanj is not signed to good music!!!! Enough of this hype. Is it that you people are to lazy to research. He is signed to mercury only. He is not 4kn international! He is only known among Nigerians and maybe Africans. Anyway its only in Nigeria where good music is not appreciated that Davido of whatever his name is will pride himself as a musician with his noise.

Chief tribalist!! "Who's King Sunny Ade, and Femi Kuti?" They're the only two Nigerians who almost won a grammy.. They were nominated, show me an ibotic musician based in Nigeria ever nominated for an international award??

You guys need to stick to forest wrestling, and tying wrapper; with your funny arse head warmer. grin grin grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Dandy1(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

You named average newbies, and Patti Boulaye who's not on Sade Adu's level.. She was also born in Ibadan....

For every Tinie Tempah - I'll give you Dizzy Rascal and Skepta. I rate Nneka, but she's not on Asa's level, or the Afro-German girl(I can't remember her name) whose pops is yoruba..

I'll give you Chamillionaire for Chiddy b.ang lol. Even my boy Phil Ade is better than Chiddy Bang lol.

D girl whose's name u forgot is 'Ayo'
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

You must have your head stuck deep in your nether regions. Your depraved bias can't even let you think straight. I gave a list of other NIGERIAN's who have made a mark musically abroad and your are telling me that Shirley bassey's dad is efik! Of course he's efik. Are you well at all??

Dude, Tinie Tempah and "Old man" Skepta are not on the same level at all. Tempah's had about 6 numbers 1's (solos and features) in the UK. What has Skepta done? Dizzie rascal aint Nigerian Period. What level is Asa on? Please don't make me laff here! Chamillioniare - that washed out has been!!! And who the Phuck is Dele angry
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by MrGlobe(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2012
Deleted
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by MrGlobe(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2012
Presently, NO Nigerian Artist is bigger than the pretty Nneka internationally. None. She is getting her weight up internationally while others are using fake hype to decieve ignorant Nigerians.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by revomind(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2012
Well, @bash, Femi Kuti has two grammy nominations and a number of hits popular not just in Nigeria but in Africa generally 'Bang, Bang, Bang' comes to mind.

Safe to say a lot more people than 'Amala eaters' care about his music. He is definitely not as big as his father but anyone who listened to his father must have atleast checked out Femi's music.
I agree Sunny Ade is only huge as far as Yoruba peeps are concerned but considering the vast wealth he amassed, Yoruba peeps can be forgiven for thinking he is bigger than he actually is.

Dbanj/Don Jazzy palaver isn't a tribal thing. Anyone who tries to turn it into one is only being foolish. Jazzy signed Tiwa, Wande and Dr sid, all non-Igbos. I think Dbanj's publicist or something is one Igbo chick, it aint about ethnicity. Sometimes you get the feeling its only on this forum ethnicity becomes relevant.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

You must have your head stuck deep in your nether regions. Your depraved bias can't even let you think straight. I gave a list of other NIGERIAN's who have made a mark musically abroad and your are telling me that Shirley bassey's dad is efik! Of course he's efik. Are you well at all??

Dude, Tinie Tempah and "Old man" Skepta are not on the same level at all. Tempah's had about 6 numbers 1's (solos and features) in the UK. What has Skepta done? Dizzie rascal aint Nigerian Period. What level is Asa on? Please don't make me laff here! Chamillioniare - that washed out has been!!! And who the Phuck is Dele angry

Fool, is Tinie Tempah on Dizzy's level?? Dizzy's dad is Yoruba, and he grew up around Yoruba dons... Danny Shittu, the naija footballer is his don, and I know Danny Shittu... Skepta is doing his thing, and lowe that thrash pop Tinie is dropping...

Has Tinie ever made a tune by himself without featuring people?? Dizzy has done that bare times, and Skepta made himself... Man like Skepta, is a don... Dizzy is like a god to Tinie...

Don't ever compare Yoruba music legends to ibos, that's like comparing a midget to a basketball player... grin grin grin grin

Yoruba culture is music itself, don't get me started.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Presently, NO Nigerian Artist is bigger than the pretty Nneka internationally. None. She is getting her weight up internationally while others are using fake hype to decieve ignorant Nigerians.

As we type, there are two Nigerians involved in the current UK no.1 single, Rita Ora ft Tinie Tempah - R.I.P. The song contains a sample from Nneka's song 'Heart Beat' and Tinie Tempah is Nigerian.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bashr8: 2:37pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

Fool, is Tinie Tempah on Dizzy's level?? Dizzy's dad is Yoruba, and he grew up around Yoruba dons... Danny Shittu, the naija footballer is his don, and I know Danny Shittu... Skepta is doing his thing, and lowe that thrash pop Tinie is dropping...

Has Tinie ever made a tune by himself without featuring people?? Dizzy has done that bare times, and Skepta made himself... Man like Skepta, is a don... Dizzy is like a god to Tinie...

Don't ever compare Yoruba music legends to ibos, that's like comparing a midget to a basketball player... grin grin grin grin

tinnie tempah is a milion times bigger than dizzie rascal stop foling yourself, nobody knows dizzie rascal internationally.tinnie is breaking charts in Europe and Unites states. and stop thei idiotic trend of turning donjazzy and dbanj saga into igbo yoruba bashing ,how stupid can you get
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even Nneka had to ride on Fela's tail to get big.. How many times is she going to name drop Fela??

I rate Nneka, but she's isn't that big..
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by MrGlobe(m): 2:40pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:
Chief tribalist!! "Who's King Sunny Ade, and Femi Kuti?" They're the only two Nigerians who almost won a grammy.. They were nominated, show me an ibotic musician based in Nigeria ever nominated for an international award??
You guys need to stick to forest wrestling, and tying wrapper; with your funny arse head warmer. grin grin grin
almost won a grammy my foot. Nominated 100 times under african Indegenous/fuji category won 0. Fela is the only greatest thing to happen to you guys, together with soyinka. Others are Amala noisemakers. Wikepidia the igbo tribe!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2012
bashr8: tinnie tempah is a milion times bigger than dizzie rascal stop foling yourself, nobody knows dizzie rascal internationally.tinnie is breaking charts in Europe and Unites states. and stop thei idiotic trend of turning donjazzy and dbanj saga into igbo yoruba abshin g ,how stupid can you get

Lol at Tinie breaking charts in America whilst performing to a crowd of 500people... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tinie is nowhere near big in America, despite how they pushed him...

Dizzy on the other hand is the biggest urban artist to come out of the UK, even Tinie still wants to be like badman Dizzy.. Don't even go there with me...

Ibos derailed the thread with their yoruba hating tendencies, I'm sure if D'banj was ibo; he won't get all the hate he's getting... You guys su/ck, period.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:41pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

Really son! What's Dizzy's real name then?? Go sleep jare, Dizzy is Ghanaian, if anything.

There you go again dropping these strange names, who in phucks name is Danny Shittu?

Skepta needs to 'pass the mic', he's trying too hard. He's done grime, hip hop, pop everything and he's just barely hanging in there. He's big in Tottenham though smiley
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bashr8: 2:42pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

almost won a grammy my foot. Nominated 100 times under african Indegenous/fuji category won 0. Fela is the only greatest thing to happen to you guys, together with soyinka. Others are Amala noisemakers. Wikepidia the igbo tribe!
i dont understand what is wrong this yoruba people , dbanj signs davido and they start insulting igbo people. i dont blame them sha
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by KINGwax(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bashr8: 2:43pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

Lol at Tinie breaking charts in America whilst performing to a crowd of 500people... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tinie is nowhere near big in America, despite how they pushed him...

Dizzy on the other hand is the biggest urban artist to come out of the UK, even Tinie still wants to be like badman Dizzy.. Don't even go there with me...

Ibos derailed the thread with their yoruba hating tendencies, I'm sure if D'banj was ibo; he won't get all the hate he's getting... You guys su/ck, period.

show me where that happened , dummy was it not your retard twin that started mentioning igbos, wetin concern us with dbanj and don jazzy , i swear you guys are more annoying than flies.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Ibotic noisemakers...

Your biggest artist is the talentless FLAVA NALBANIA a la chief remixer.. grin grin

How many times is that fool going to remix old tunes?? Even P.Diddy ain't got shyte of the talentless remixer Flava Nalbania.. grin grin grin grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even Nneka had to ride on Fela's tail to get big.. How many times is she going to name drop Fela??

I rate Nneka, but she's isn't that big..

...And that's my point here!! What's wrong with a NIGERIAN riding on a NIGERIAN's tail to move 4ward?

Can't u get that into your thick biased skull angry
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by revomind(m): 2:45pm On May 19, 2012
So far so good, Tinie and Dizzee are about on the same level. Though, Tinie is looking like he's gonna be bigger if we take into account his collabos with american artistes. Even at that, it isn't gonna be by much. I still don't see Tinie pushing significant numbers in the US. That he's all up on MTV, Trace and BET doesn't count for much if the numbers aren't moving TBH.

However, I'm not sure Dizzee is Nigerian.

Wale should be on Nneka's level or higher. Forget about the difference in style of music. We can't say Dare is bigger than Psquare for instance.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bashr8: 2:46pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

...And that's my point here!! What's wrong with a NIGERIAN riding on a NIGERIAN's tail to move 4ward?

Can't u get that into your thick biased skull angry
ask them
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Dandy1(m): 2:47pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend:

Guy,you are wicked ooo.I don laugh die[b]
bittyend:

Guy,you are wicked ooo.I don laugh die[/b]
bittyend:

Guy,you are wicked ooo.I don laugh die
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:47pm On May 19, 2012
basher:
As we type, there are two Nigerians involved in the current UK no.1 single, Rita Ora ft Tinie Tempah - R.I.P. The song contains a sample from Nneka's song 'Heart Beat' and Tinie Tempah is Nigerian.

Fool, Rita Ora is NOT NIGERIAN!! And Tinie was featured, the record don't belong to Tinie... FYI, Rita Ora is signed to Roc nation, and she's Rihanna's replacemet, so she would have made number1; with or without Tinie.

Rita Sahatçiu Ora (born 26 November 1990), better known as Rita Ora, is a British singer-songwriter and actress.[2][3] In 2009, she appeared on the BBC's Eurovision: Your Country Needs You where she auditioned to be the British contestant for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009.[1] Later in 2009, she signed to Roc Nation. Ora is of Kosovar Albanian ethnicity.

You guys are claiming oyinbo people as ibo too?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Kuti & His Children Perform "One People, One World" / Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 / Download Album: Naira Marley - Lord Of Lamba [ep] Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.