Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label (31028 Views)

D’banj Signs Olamide To DB Records / FMP: Kokomaster D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label / D'banj Signs Davido To His New Rrecord Label Def Jam Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2012
And I'll break my laptop if I see anycretin post anything about illuminati on this thread... Shyte, I'll join illuminati if they make people rich; just as mega pastors in Nigeria had to join churches to get stupendously rich by thieving from the gullible sheeple; and politicians in Nigeria had to join political parties in Nigeria to loot the gullible Nigerians to get rich..

But the truth is, illuminati is exclusive; if it actually exist.. I know about the blue bloods, zionists, and neo-cons who control the world. And if that's what you guys call illuminati, then their membership is not for people like D'banj.. It's exclusive, and you have to attain a certain level of wealth to even smell them... You guys need to leave the madness and let the young man enjoy his fame... The fame isn't going to last forever..

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Bittyend of Narnia
And I still love Igbo girls! grin wink cool
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

These guys dont listen to the truth[b].But how do you expect people without international passport to go and hug japanese nuclear reactor[/b] when we have Lagos lagoon which they can jump in ? grin

They can swim to Japan, or jump on another slave ship from Onitsha river port.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 19, 2012
Nice move D'banj!!!! Of all d next-rated, Davido is the 'IT' thing in ma opinion!! Guaranteed, this team will rock!! I can feel the energy already. All d best guys!!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by roland20(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2012
i wish him luck with his new record. i hope he stands strong without the don
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Damlesky(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2012
pls help me tell davido dey say i dey here ooooo......make he con sign me join ;-)
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by ifyalways(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2012
Bluetooth is a funny guy and u see the comedian in him in every "Igbo/Yoruba" thread.LMAO.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by StaceyBanks(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2012
The more you hate, the more money they make cheesy
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Teenaba(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2012
Ñ
~Bluetooth:

but una head no dey there na.E easy to go worldwide ? Oliver oliver oliver oliver cool
Ehhhhmmmm. Who produced Oliver Twist? I like d banj and Don Jazzy together wo!!!!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2012
Teenaba: Ñ
Ehhhhmmmm. Who produced Oliver Twist? I like d banj and Don Jazzy together wo!!!!

What happened to Snoop dog when he stopped receiving Dr. Dre's beats?? He became bigger!!!

What happened to Jay-z when he left rocafella? He became richer!! Bear in mind, everyone said: "Dame Dash was the brain behind the business of rocafella records." But Jay-z proved all the naysayers wrong..

Don Jazzy isn't the best producer in the world, his beats are average and overhyped..
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by dabrake(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2012
jmoore: Kanye west signs D'banj, D'banj signs Davido. Does this pattern makes sense at all?
akon signs psquare. Psquare signs may d, does that pattern makes sense at all?
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by betrani(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2012
Dotman01: whats difficult to understand in d news na? Em & dre signed 50cent, fifty signs lloyd banks, tony yayo and d rest so its nt a new thing. Quit hating and grow up.
fifty neva signed yeyo or lloyd banks, these guys together formed the G-unit! Nor talk wetin u nor sabi! Will u nw say MI signed Jessy Jags and Ice prince?
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bilms(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2012
what Dbanj did is simple called.. e ma da mi duro... emi omo baba olowo.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by adelaja70(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend: Why all the hate? Someone is trying to break the ceiling, and make afrobeats bigger, yet you guys want to hate him because he isn't from your tribe.. Must everything be about tribe?? If Don Jazzy made D'banj, let him make another D'banj, simples... Only time will tell if he can make another one because people love D'banj not only because of his music, but because of who D'banj is..

To be honest, if it's a tribal thing, you guys should leave it.. Yoruba people make the best music in Nigeria, period... All the musicians who have brought fame to Nigeria are mostly Yoruba, you just can't hate on what's God given...

Roll Call:

- Fela Kuti.
- Femi Kuti.
- Sade Adu.
- Seal.
- Wale.
- Majek Fashek.
- King Sunny Ade.
- Lighthouse family..

The list is endless... Let the guy be, and let him enjoy his fame. He wasn't born with fame and riches, he achieved it.. Rather than hating on the guy, why can't you just acknowledge what he's doing?? At the end of the day, none of you guys buy his records; leave those who pay to see him and buy his records to be the judge... You haters should be more concerned with those politicians looting your national wealth, than a guy who hasn't taken anything from you..

Leave D'banj the phuck alone, I would love to be in his shoes...

The nuclear reactors in Japan still need a lot of hugs, you can do humanity a favour by hugging them if you hate a hardworking guy achieving greatness mofos.
Thank u my brother....the person they are killing themselves for is not even Ibo....Jazzy is from Isoko land.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by deeplow: 1:24pm On May 19, 2012
tchaik:

www.GBAGAUN.com

Go and get a better job.must you comment on peoples grammatical errors.grow up boy.

When two rich people do business,they become richer.leave them alone,wait a year or two before u start talking BS about their deal.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by betrani(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2012

Correct man! Don Jazzy produced endowed, brought in snoop to spice up d show, produced oliver twist and tickled kanye's fancy, him d com ripe where him nor so because him like naija bitz! Him d form for oliver video! Nw D'banj nor even remember hw him come to firm! e don forget say na him and Don Jazzy follow do "try ur luck" together o! Nw them wan form for their selves! Make I c hw don jazzy go survive witout D'banj and hw D'banj go survive without Don jazzy! Them d sign artist wey don make name already! Make them individually prove their strength; bring up some one like banky w, bring up wizkid!

1 Like

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by hectorswag(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2012
cheesy lol they r busy signin deals n makin tinz happen! Ur all busy arguing bout whoz wrong n whoz ryt! Mtcheew...

1 Like

Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by revomind(m): 1:45pm On May 19, 2012
Fifty Cent actually signed Yayo , Young Buck and Lloyd Banks. Lloyd Banks especially because he felt he was going to be the next big thing in rap in a few years. Didn't work out that way needless to say.
You people should try to learn so you can comment on issues without looking like ignoramuses. Akon signed Psquare and May-D is signed to Square records. Kanye was (not sure if he still is) on roc-a-fella but didn't stop him from having G.O.O.D music with artistes like John Legend, Consequence and now Big Sean, Dbanj and Pusha T.
Davido happens to be one of the hottest cats in the music scene these days, i don't think its a bad idea. That the record label is undisclosed to you and the media doesn't mean it is to Davido and his advisers.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 19, 2012

Comot there. . . .who permitted you to talk ? cheesy
ifyalways: Bluetooth is a funny guy and u see the comedian in him in every "Igbo/Yoruba" thread.LMAO.

But you know I dont look for trouble na mummy ? grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Scissorshand(m): 1:50pm On May 19, 2012
D'banj signs whoever,Jazzy signs whoever,it matters not.As long as these guys make good music,bring in more wealth in2 the country,mentor upcoming artistes,I'm cool.I see them as 2 companies(wit diff ideas) growing bigger over time.D only thing is we've not really heard D'banj's music without Jazzy.Jazzy gast street creed.So D'banj,show us what u gat(no dis intended).cool
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2012
bittyend: Why all the hate? Someone is trying to break the ceiling, and make afrobeats bigger, yet you guys want to hate him because he isn't from your tribe.. Must everything be about tribe?? If Don Jazzy made D'banj, let him make another D'banj, simples... Only time will tell if he can make another one because people love D'banj not only because of his music, but because of who D'banj is..

To be honest, if it's a tribal thing, you guys should leave it.. Yoruba people make the best music in Nigeria, period... All the musicians who have brought fame to Nigeria are mostly Yoruba, you just can't hate on what's God given...

Roll Call:

- Fela Kuti.
- Femi Kuti.
- Sade Adu.
- Seal.
- Wale.
- Majek Fashek.
- King Sunny Ade.
- Lighthouse family..

The list is endless... Let the guy be, and let him enjoy his fame. He wasn't born with fame and riches, he achieved it.. Rather than hating on the guy, why can't you just acknowledge what he's doing?? At the end of the day, none of you guys buy his records; leave those who pay to see him and buy his records to be the judge... You haters should be more concerned with those politicians looting your national wealth, than a guy who hasn't taken anything from you..

The nuclear reactors in Japan still need a lot of hugs, you can do humanity a favour by hugging them if you hate a hardworking guy achieving greatness mofos.

What a load of crap!!!

If your gonna go that way and add people who've never touched the shores of Nigeria and don't play NIGERIAN MUSIC, then what about -

- Tinie Tempah
- Lemar
- Shirley Bassey
- Chiddy bang
- Nneka
- Patti Boulaye

You biased SOB!!!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2012

Roll Call:

- Fela Kuti.
- Femi Kuti.
- Sade Adu.
- Seal.
- Wale.
- Majek Fashek.
- King Sunny Ade.
- Lighthouse family..

What a load of crap!!!

If your gonna go that way and add people who've never touched the shores of Nigeria and don't play NIGERIAN MUSIC, then what about -

- Tinie Tempah
- Lemar
- Shirley Bassey
- Chiddy b.ang
- Nneka
- Patti Boulaye

You biased SOB!!!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2012

Roll Call:

- Fela Kuti.
- Femi Kuti.
- Sade Adu.
- Seal.
- Wale.
- Majek Fashek.
- King Sunny Ade.
- Lighthouse family..

Never knew that Majek Fashek was yoruba shocked
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Afam4eva(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2012

Roll Call:

- Fela Kuti.
- Femi Kuti.
- Sade Adu.
- Seal.
- Wale.
- Majek Fashek.
- King Sunny Ade.
- Lighthouse family..

Dude, Majek Fashek is from Edo state.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by hectorswag(m): 2:00pm On May 19, 2012
the new record label is called Def Jam Africa. Formed by Dbanj himself!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:01pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva:

That's what I thought.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 19, 2012
basher:

What a load of crap!!!

- Tinie Tempah
- Lemar
- Shirley Bassey
- Chiddy bang
- Patti Boulaye

You biased SOB!!!

Are these ones Nigerians ? :O
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by bittyend(m): 2:05pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Olodo!! Majek Fashek (Majekodunmi Fasheke) was born in Benin city to an Edo mother and Yoruba father. My pops told me from way back!!

His dad is from Ogun state!!

Fashek was born in Benin City, Nigeria to an Edo mother and a Yoruba father.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majek_Fashek

^ That's wikipedia as well to prove it.

Majekodumni Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek is a Nigerian reggae singer and guitarist whose name was translated as "high priest who does not lie". He was born in Benin City, Nigeria to an Edo mother and a Yoruba father.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201107041889.html

^That's a Nigerian website to prove it..

Stop arguing what you don't know, Afanna Anumanu. undecided grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 19, 2012
afam4eva:

ThankGod you recognized the others. grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2012
hectorswag: the new record label is called Def Jam Africa. Formed by Dbanj himself!

If it's "Def Jam" Africa, then it has to be a subsidiary of Def Jam USA. From the way Dbanj was talking in that his infamous six-spliffcigarette-smoking-interview, I could tell he was angling for the Def Jam Africa role. This na serious business sha!
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Lemar, Shirley Bassey and Chiddy Bangg are Nigerians. I'm not sure about the others.
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by basher(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Pleassse, don't pretend like you don't know who they are. Oh I forgot, they aint Yoruba, so they nothing to you grin
Re: D’banj Signs Davido To His New Record Label by Mogten(m): 2:12pm On May 19, 2012
Dbanj signs Davido...., Igbo boys vexing at the Killer combination!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group / Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 / Download Album: Naira Marley - Lord Of Lamba [ep] Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.