Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38549 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 7:47pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:

Is there a particular reason why you are so retarded in your comments? Or is it because your mum never showed you love when you were a kid? Now you lash out at everything meaningful such as right thinking Nigerians who wish to exercise their freedom of speech and speak when required? Why did you have to sell your conscience for 30 pieces of silver Porky? was it really worth it?

It is obvious that you are a kid.
There's a topic to be dealt with, go get another adult to do your diapers, I'm not your dad.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by maasoap(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2012
jmaine:

Mind explaining yourself[b] based[/b] on the original article !!!
Didn't he say so, or weren't you aware at that time? If he did suggest so, then why people that against it are now backing Retarden? I hope it is not because of ethnicity. Jona explicitly stated that there wouldn't SNC during his time. Based on that, I could only see his recent statement as lamentation. He is claiming that almagamation is faulty, yet doesn't want SNC. Then the question is why is he getting everything free of charge when he clearly lacks capacity to proffer solution to our problem? He should quit.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 7:53pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

It is obvious that you are a kid.
There's a topic to be dealt with, go get another adult to do your diapers, I'm not your dad.

Like you could even if you tried!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 7:54pm On May 20, 2012
maasoap: Didn't he say so, or weren't you aware at that time? If he did suggest so, then why people that against it are now backing Retarden? I hope it is not because of ethnicity. Jona explicitly stated that there wouldn't SNC during his time. Based on that, I could only see his recent statement as lamentation. He is claiming that almagamation is faulty, yet doesn't want SNC. Then the question is why is he getting everything free of charge when he clearly lacks capacity to proffer solution to our problem? He should quit.

Kindly cull where he "said the amalgamation is faulty" from the OP article . .Personally . . .i did vote for an SNC any time any day
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 7:57pm On May 20, 2012
maasoap: Didn't he say so, or weren't you aware at that time? If he did suggest so, then why people that against it are now backing Retarden? I hope it is not because of ethnicity. Jona explicitly stated that there wouldn't SNC during his time. Based on that, I could only see his recent statement as lamentation. He is claiming that almagamation is faulty, yet doesn't want SNC. Then the question is why is he getting everything free of charge when he clearly lacks capacity to proffer solution to our problem? He should quit.

JBOY AND BEAF DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY OF THE ISSUE AT HAND. ALL THEY DO IS LATCH ON TO GEJ THIS AND GEJ THAT BUT WE CLEARLY HAVE REFERENCES THAT CLUELESS GEJ COULDNT EVEN LEARN FROM AND HE WENT AHEAD AND OPENED HIS GARGANTUAN PHD MOUTH AND NAILED HIS COFFIN. MY FATHER USED TO TELL ME SOMETHING AS A KID GROWING UP. LET ME SAY IT IN PIJIN ENGLISH SO BEAF AND JBOY CAN UNDERSTAND ME.

STICK WEY PERSON DEY SEE NO DEY ENTER IM EYE. CLEARLY GEJ IS BLIND AND HOW CAN A BLIND MAN LEAD THE NATION. ABI UNA WAN ENTER HOLE TOGETHER?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 7:58pm On May 20, 2012
El_Kels: Reality beckons!!! Nigerian should learn how †̥ let truth sink in. The president just spilled the truth we already know but ain't willing †̥ live with and some peeps are hear saying he shouldn't have. Pls tell me who else should? And whose voice will the people want †̥ hear?

As far as north is part of Nigeria, I'm one for division, we are way †̥ divided †̥ be united.

You are missing the main point here, as President, the law does not allow the President of Nigeria to make such statement or any other one that undermines the territorial integrity of the nation. It does not matter if its fact of not. Just like what he said in Germany about the Nigerian Security apparatus, that it is substandard. Jonathan can not even join any protest or struggle against Nigeria. If he do like the one that took place in Enugu, it amounts to a treasonable offense, punishable by law.

Beaf and co that are trying to twist and bend the truth have failed. They started by denying it was said, to re-interpreting it, then when that failed the start attack anyone saying the truth. Now all they can afford it cause distractions. They have failed.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 20, 2012
you people will give yourselves high bp for no reason!
i've simply resigned myself to faith that nigeria is moving on auto pilot!
if anyone is still expecting anything good from that fisherman is simply high mongrel dog sh!t!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 7:59pm On May 20, 2012
Edobry: Gej may be right, but since he knows that this country have a lot of problem,how many have he corrected as the president of this country. does it mean that he is inccapable of solving them?.because,I believe that, it is his duty to resolve those problems.

Bro, its a democracy which we all are working to perfect. The President cannot be expected to take momentous decisions without informing the people.
You and I must participate in the resolution of the events of 1914.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 7:59pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

You are missing the main point here, as President, the law does not allow the President of Nigeria to make such statement or any other one that undermines the territorial integrity of the nation. It does not matter if its fact of not. Just like what he said in Germany about the Nigerian Security apparatus, that it is substandard. Jonathan can not even join any protest or struggle against Nigeria. If he do like the one that took place in Enugu, it amounts to a treasonable offense, punishable by law.

Beaf and co that are trying to twist and bend the truth have failed. They started by denying it was said, to re-interpreting it, then when that failed the start attack anyone saying the truth. Now all they can afford it cause distractions. They have failed.

YES THEY HAVE FAILED
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2012
Bingo! I jst tracked down OP's real location n identity. BUHARI himself! Never knew dis guy can be dis petty n idle. Go else wia n fight GEJ pls. Here ain't for malignant human tumors like u. Pls Scrammmmm!!! Some more GWORO chewing might give u sharper n wittier ideas on hw to mudsling jonathan. Or beta stil, go n buy d books below.
(1) KEY TO SUCCESS IN ELECTION MALPRACTICE.
(2) RIGGING 101
(3) BALLOT BOX SNATCHING MADE EASY
(4) THE SHORTEST CUT (APIAM WAY)TO ASO ROCK.
etc.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 8:03pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

Nobody is trying to twist anything apart from you. Half of NL have pointed you out for lying, but you are going right on.
Those who get jittery at the mention of renegotiating 1914 and the period up till now are simply lovers of the status quo; haters of the common man and enemies of Nigeria. Thats the real reason you lie.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 8:05pm On May 20, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Bingo! I jst tracked down OP's real location n identity. BUHARI himself! Never knew dis guy can be dis petty n idle. Go else wia n fight GEJ pls. Here ain't for malignant human tumors like u. Pls Scrammmmm!!! Some more GWORO chewing might give u sharper n wittier ideas on hw to mudsling jonathan. Or beta stil, go n buy d books below.
(2) RIGGING 101

etc.

Funny stuff! grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 8:13pm On May 20, 2012
jmaine:
Kindly cull where he "said the amalgamation is faulty" from the OP article . .Personally . . .i did vote for an SNC any time any day

Am sure you saw it, but for the benefit of doubt:
According to the President, something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

“When the Priest was speaking, I started asking myself – what must have gone wrong from 1914 that the Northern and Southern parts of the country were amalgamated? They were under colonial rule since 1960 when we started governing ourselves. From 1960 to date it is about 50 years.

To make matter worst, its only "when the Priest was speaking" that he shouted Eureka! And discover the wonderful idea, and you begin to wonder what he have been doing all these while.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 8:15pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

To make matter worst, its only "when the Priest was speaking" that he shouted Eureka! And discover the wonderful idea, and you begin to wonder what he have been doing all these while.

This made my day.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 8:15pm On May 20, 2012
egift the liar. embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 8:18pm On May 20, 2012
egift:

You need to go and purchase a Macmillian English text book for Pry 3 grin. . . . if you insist on your obvious mis-representation . . .

According to the President, something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

“When the Priest was speaking, I started asking myself – what must have gone wrong from 1914 that the Northern and Southern parts of the country were amalgamated? They were under colonial rule since 1960 when we started governing ourselves. From 1960 to date it is about 50 years.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
(2) RIGGING 101

etc.

Spot on. Am such its the Revised Limited Edition, Printed and Published by the PDP. That edition was approved by Jonathan with extended Editorial work by OBJ. There is even word going around that Beaf is re-engineering it for the 2015 update as the chief sycophant. He have been tasked with the responsibility of adding the Explosives. Menh that will be HOT. Beaf, I look forward to a review copy.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 8:29pm On May 20, 2012
egift, the liar. embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2012
Here are things that have been said about Buhari:
- “Buhari is a forthright and very clearly a disciplined man. He has managed to cut the image of a person who abhors corruption genuinely”. - Nuhu Ribadu Chairman EFCC Daily Trust - 27th Feb. 2007,
- “Buhari stands out to be the most DEDICATED and PATRIOTIC leader" - Chief Olu Falae - ThisDay Newspaper, 23rd March 2007,
- "Buhari took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest ”. - President Olusegun Obasanjo, in his book, Not My Will.

Can we have an independent comment on Mr Luck? Comparing Buhari to Jonathan is like Day and Night, respectively. Buhari remains the most respected Nigerian Leader still alive.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 9:01pm On May 20, 2012
egift the liar. cry
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 9:01pm On May 20, 2012
egift: Here are things that have been said about Buhari:
- “Buhari is a forthright and very clearly a disciplined man. He has managed to cut the image of a person who abhors corruption genuinely”. - Nuhu Ribadu Chairman EFCC Daily Trust - 27th Feb. 2007,
- “Buhari stands out to be the most DEDICATED and PATRIOTIC leader" - Chief Olu Falae - ThisDay Newspaper, 23rd March 2007,
- "Buhari took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest ”. - President Olusegun Obasanjo, in his book, Not My Will.

Can we have an independent comment on Mr Luck? Comparing Buhari to Jonathan is like Day and Night, respectively. Buhari remains the most respected Nigerian Leader still alive.

HERE HERE. THIS IS SPOT ON
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 9:06pm On May 20, 2012
Most respected Nigerian leader alive by the illiterate almajiris and barely literate peeps he desires to rule over
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 9:08pm On May 20, 2012
Mr. Jonathan was more or less disgraced at the African Union Meeting in Addis Ababa on 29th January 2012.
Ghana led a group that voted against Goodluck Jonathan. President Thomas Yayi Boni of Benin was elected as Chairperson of the African Union (29-01-2012).

If Goodluck Jonathan was unsure of his popularity in Africa he just got a straight forward answer.
He is already rejected and hated in Nigeria. He is the worst president to ever walk Africa and he had the guts to want to try to lead Africa.

Northern Nigeria is at war with him and Abuja the capital of global corruption, he should hurry home and defend the people he sworn to defend as written in the constitution.

If not that Jonathan has no shame, how can a man who fails at home try to lead the entire continent. This is a man that single handedly plunge Nigeria into its Occupy Nigeria crises.

African leaders should never again allow a failed leader to lead the African Union.

Today, all Africans have to thank Ghana for leading the votes against Nigeria.

I don’t think Jonathan knows what he is doing.

He has not done anything to reverse the price of petrol and Nigerians are paying double or triple for everything compared to the prices they have before the Christmas of 2011.

Also all the looting in the Jonathan government have not been reverted or cancelled. The man is still spending N3b of Nigeria’s money on food. His allowances for local and international travel exceed N5m daily. Is this president normal? Where is he going with N5 million daily?

Nigerians must thank Ghana and the other countries who voted for the president of Benin. We could have been told that the rest of Africa agree with these lootings and stealing by Jonathan and other Nigerian politicians had Jonathan won.

The message is clear and strong. Mr. Jonathan is heading for the grass and he will soon be there.

Nigerians are suffering and the Jonathans and co are enjoying. This season won’t last. The end of it must come, soon.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 9:11pm On May 20, 2012
The fish Face even went as far as to say that Facebook Comments Shape His Decisions! What an implosion.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 9:14pm On May 20, 2012
An investigation by Sahara Reporters has uncovered a carefully orchestrated scheme by President Goodluck Jonathan and other top members of his administration to sabotage or bungle corruption cases against numerous political figures in the country. Ndudi Elumelu, a former member of the House of Representatives, is the latest beneficiary of the president’s plan to undermine the prosecution of corruption cases.

In recent weeks, several corruption cases filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have faltered. Our investigation, in which sources within the EFCC and the Presidency spoke to us, reveal that more corruption cases have been programmed to collapse in the days, weeks and months to come – in keeping with a strategic plot that has received the blessing of Mr. Jonathan. “There’s a clear design to discharge several politicians, allies and cronies [of President Jonathan] from corruption cases,” one of our sources said.

The plot involves an intricate and complex web of maneuvers secretively designed by Nigeria’s Attorney General and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke. Also enlisted in the scheme are some rogue judges and some corrupt, high priced lawyers hired by the EFCC to prosecute its cases. As part of the elaborate plan, some of the lawyers, Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN), were hired to “prosecute” their former clients in glaring instances of conflict of interest.

The first beneficiary of the current scheme to gut and undermine corruption cases is former House Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, who was freed from prosecution over a case in which he used his offices to siphon billions of naira for his personal benefit. In February, 2012, an Abuja High Court judge, Justice Suleiman Belgore, dismissed the charges brought against the former speaker and his deputy, Usman Nafada. The judge claimed that the EFCC had failed to establish any fraud case against the accused.

A few days, Justice Sadiq Umar, also an Abuja High Court judge, dismissed a lawsuit filed against officials accused of receiving bribes in the famous Halliburton case. US courts had convicted top officials of Halliburton, an American-based energy company once headed by former US Vice President Dick Cheney, for bribing numerous Nigerian officials with close to $200 million in order to obtain billion dollar contracts in Nigeria. Justice Umar struck out the Halliburton bribery case, accusing EFCC prosecutors of failure to diligently prosecute the case.

The latest case to be compromised by the Jonathan administration involves the N5.2 billion rural electrification contract fraud. Yesterday, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja struck out the fraud charges against Mr. Elumelu, a former chairperson of the House of Reps’ committee on power. Filed by the EFCC, the lawsuit had accused the lawmaker and his co-accused of stealing some N5.2 budgeted for rural electrification. In dismissing the case yesterday, Justice Garba Umar claimed that Mr. Elumelu knew nothing about the daylight robbery and then ruled, “He has no case to answer.”

“The judge’s ruling could be mistaken as an informed pronouncement based on the evidence in the case, but that’s far from being the case. The whole thing was arranged, and President Jonathan and [Attorney General] Adoke Bello were in the thick of this blatant miscarriage of justice,” said a highly connected source.

SaharaReporters has exclusively obtained a letter written by Ndudi Elumelu and addressed to President Goodluck Jonathan. Dated October 11, 2012 the document provides a glimpse into the high level conspiracy that has gone into the collapse of the corruption cases under President Jonathan’s watch.

In the letter, Mr. Elumelu painted a picture of harassment by the late President Umaru Yar’adua. Mr. Elumelu claimed that the former ruler had been misadvised by some people to target him with a lawsuit. In the letter, the former chairman of the House committee on power even went as far as citing the case of Dominique Strauss, the French-born former Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to buttress the point about the futility of his trial. Mr. Strauss Kahn was accused of raping a woman from Guinea employed as a cleaner in a hotel where the former IMF head resided. US prosecutors ultimately decided not to prosecute the French bureaucrat and politician, citing inconsistencies in the victim’s account.

In his letter to Mr. Jonathan, Elumelu asked the president to intervene directly to stop his prosecution. “That’s a red flag,” said an Abuja-based lawyer, adding, “the doctrine of separation of powers means that the executive ought not to intrude on or meddle in judicial cases.”

Mr. Elumelu’s four-page letter claimed that the EFCC was spending too much money to prosecute the case against him. Asserting that the anti-corruption agency had expended N100 million to prosecute him, the former lawmaker wondered why the money was not spent to provide rural dwellers with electricity.

In 2009, the EFCC had slammed Godwin Ndudi Elumelu, then House of Representatives chairman of the committee on power, his deputy, Jibo Mohammed, Senator Nicholas Yahaya Ugbane, and seven senior management officials of the Rural Electrification Agency with a 156-count charge before a Federal Capital Territory High Court.

The EFCC accused the suspects of stealing over N5.2 billion. The indictment portrayed Mr. Elumelu as the arrowhead of the illicit contract bonanza through which the funds were stolen. An EFCC source familiar with the investigation told Saharareporters that Mr. Elumelu alone could have pocketed up to N3 billion from the rural electrification scam. The stolen funds were reportedly routed through different dubious accounts at the United Bank of Africa (UBA), owned at the time of the scam by Tony Elumelu, the legislator’s brother. EFCC operatives charged that Mr. Elumelu was assisted by two women who then fled Nigeria. The women, described as secretaries to Mr. Ndudi Elumelu, are Angela Oselukwe and Uduak Akpan Israel. Ms. Oselukwe is from Elumelu’s hometown, Oselukwu in Anioma Local Government Area in Delta State.

Former House Speaker Dimeji Bankole, his father as well as a brother of his, were also involved in the scam. Two EFCC sources disclosed that the former speaker and his relatives were paid over N900 million from the diverted rural electrification funds, but they were never charged by the EFCC.
The programmed collapse of Nigeria’s anti-corruption cases have become troubling for Nigerians as well as foreign countries that had believed Jonathan’s pledge that he would strengthen the fight against corruption. “This government’s record in the fight against corruption has turned out to be the worst in Nigeria’s recent history,” said a civil society activist based in Abuja.

A diplomatic source from the EU told SaharaReporters: “I do not believe we have seen any evidence that the government is backing up its pledge to commit more resources to address corruption.”

Mr. Elumelu’s letter to President Jonathan is reproduced below:

Excellency,
Dr Goodluck Jonathan,
The President & Commander in Chief,
Federal Republic of Nigeria,
State House, Abuja.

Dear Sir,
RE: UNNECESSARY PROSECUTIONS OF HON NDIDI ELUMELU & 8 OTHERS
AND WASTE OF OVER N100m PUBLIC FUNDS BY EFCC.

First and foremost, we want to appreciate your Excellency’s efforts in steering the ship of this country in the right direction. Our prayer is that the good Lord will continue to assist your Excellency in solving the myriads of problems confronting our great country.

Your Excellency, our attention has been drawn to the continued prosecution of Hon Ndudi Elumelu and 8 others in Gudu High Court, Abuja (CHARGE NO: CR/39/2009) and Federal High Court, Abuja CHARGE NO: FHC/ABJ/CR/87/2009).

Sir, we are not oblivious of the disposition of your Excellency to preserve and uphold the rule of law and allow same to prevail at all times. However, we strongly believe that when a wrong step is taken by one’s predecessor in Office who was wrongly misled by self serving advisers, it is proper for His Excellency, being a sitting President to give necessary directives to right the wrong.

Your Excellency, in November 2008, the late President Yar Adua gave his assent to the Amended Year 2008 Budget. There were rural electrification projects in the said Amended Budget which were to be executed by Rural Electrification Agency (REA). The projects have two components namely solar projects and Grid extension projects to be executed all over the Federation.

Sir, REA received Ministerial directives to execute the projects and the projects were awarded to deserving contractors in December 2008. The solar projects were to be completed within sixty (60) days which means by February 2009, the solar projects would have been completed while the Grid extension projects were to be completed within ninety (90) days which means that by March 2009, the grid extension projects would have been completed.

Sir, REA paid the initial 15% mobilization fees to the contractors and the payments were secured by Advance Payment Guarantee Certificates (APGS). Furthermore, since the projects have short completion period, the 85% contract balance were released to the Bankers of the contractors and same were secured with Advance Payment Guarantee Certificates (APGS). A copy of the 15% APG and 85% APG for one of the contractors is attached and marked Exhibits A and B for ease of reference.

Your Excellency, REA also wrote a letter to the Bankers prohibiting the Banks from releasing any part of the 85% contract balance until the projects are completed and the Banks received written instructions from REA to pay the said money. A copy of the said letter is attached and marked Exhibit C.

Your Excellency, in the history of rural electrification in this country, the success recorded by REA in executing the projects have not been surpassed by any MDA. The contractors were happy and concentrated on the projects with vigour having received assurances of payments after completion.

Regrettably sir, the late President Yar Adua was misinformed that officers of REA colluded with Honourable Ndudi Elumelu and other Members of the National Assembly to siphon the said 85% contract balance. The late President was not given any proper briefing before he sanctioned the prosecution of the accused persons by EFCC in May 2009.

Your Excellency, it is a matter of great concern that as at May 2009 when the accused persons were arraigned in court, out of forty (40) solar projects, eighteen (18) projects had been completed while sixty (60) projects had been completed out of one hundred and thirteen (113) grid extension projects awarded by REA.

Your Excellency, three months after the accused persons were arraigned in court, the EFCC Chairman, Madam Waziri confirmed in her letter dated August 18, 2009 and stated inter alia some of the projects were inspected by operatives of this commission and they observed that in certain cases the projects have been completed while some are ongoing. A copy of the said letter is attached as Exhibit D.

Your Excellency, in April 2011, the Federal Ministry of Power wrote two letters concerning the projects. The first letter was to each contractor in form of Job Completion Certificate while the second letter was an instruction to the Banks to pay the 85% contract balance in its custody to the contractors. Copies of the two letters are hereby attached and marked Exhibits E and F respectively.

Your Excellency, please permit us to ask this question. If Hon Ndidi Elumelu and other accused persons siphoned the 85% contract balance as alleged by EFCC, where did the Federal Ministry of Power get the money to be paid to the contractors?

Your Excellency, the EFCC letter dated August 18, 2009 (Exhibit D) and the two letters from Federal Ministry of Power dated April 18, 2011 (Exhibits E and F) are enough to show that there are no justifiable legal or moral reasons to allow this prosecution to continue when no money was actually lost or stolen or missing, the projects already completed and benefitting communities enjoying the power projects. In fact, in other countries, the Prosecution would take the shame and summon courage to inform the Honourable court that in view of the contents of the said EFCC letter (Exhibit D) and the two letters from the Federal Ministry of Power (Exhibits E and F), the Prosecution is no longer interested in continuing with the case. This event occurred recently in the United States when the Manhattan District Attorney and the New York Prosecutors applied to drop the charges against the former IMF Managing Director Mr. Strauss Khan (DSK) upon discovering contradictions in the evidence of the alleged rape victim.

Your Excellency, it is our humble appeal that the continued prosecution of this case is eaten deep into the meager resources of this country. We learnt on good authority that the private prosecutor engaged by EFCC is being paid the sum of N100m (one hundred million naira) apart from other expenses. This huge sum of money can provide solar projects in some communities living in darkness or meet the health needs of numerous communities and villages.

Sir, the question bothering our mind is very simple. Why do we need to waste hard earned tax payers money to prosecute a case which is very obvious that EFCC cannot secure a conviction in view of their (EFCC) own letter (Exhibit D) and the two letters from Federal Ministry of Power (Exhibits E and F)? There are other questions but we must save the valuable time of your Excellency.

In view of the foregoing, we hereby urge your Excellency to note:
(a) That the two cases pending against Hon Ndudi Elumelu and 8 others in Gudu High Court (Abuja) and Federal High Court (Abuja) concerning the rural electrification projects awarded by Rural Electrification Agency (REA) as provided under the Amended Year 2008 Budget of which said projects had been executed by contractors and benefitting communities already enjoying the projects [are] without merit and constitute a waste of public funds.

And humbly pray as follows:
(a) That the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice be directed to withdraw the charges against all the accused persons in the said two cases at Gudu High Court, Abuja (CHARGE NO: CR/39/2009 & CR/39A/2011) and Federal High Court, Abuja CHARGE NO: FHC/ABJ/CR/87/2009) on ground of Public interest pursuant to Section 174 (1) (c) of the 1999 Constitution

We are grateful for your Excellency’s prompt intervention in this matter.

Yours faithfully,
Hon. Ndudi Elumelu
On Behalf Of Others
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by OAM4J: 9:15pm On May 20, 2012
I agree with what Mr president said; something is wrong somewhere with our amalgamation and I hope it is fixed before we clock 100yrs in 2014.

That said, such conclusive statement shouldn't come from the president. My people always say "if the teacher's mother is a witch, the announcement should not come from a student". Also if Mr president is sure something is wrong with our amalgamation, what has done or what is he doing to fix it?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ZUBY77(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2012
The amalgamation was a serious mistake, wasnt it ?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by samyng(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2012
@ Poster there is a saying that what ever u do people must complain.. You are confusing your self be truthful to the situation dont blame the man, He is dieing in silence there are things he wishes to voice out but as a president he just selects his words so u dont charge him with treason abeg leave him alone dude
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 9:21pm On May 20, 2012
OAM4J: I agree with what Mr president said; something is wrong somewhere with our amalgamation and I hope it is fixed before we clock 100yrs in 2014.

That said, such conclusive statement shouldn't come from the president. My people always say "if the teacher's mother is a witch, the announcement should not come from a student". Also if Mr president is sure something is wrong with our amalgamation, what has done or what is he doing to fix it?

Don't you think telling you what he thinks the problem is is an important part of fixing it? I don't understand the "what has he done questions" they just make us sound like we want to be passengers in the ship, while others run around to serve us. IMHO, the national question involves each and every Nigerian. The right question to ask is, "how do we go about solving the problem?" or "I have a suggestion, Sir, will you and the rest of the country hear and accept it?"
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by nagoma(m): 9:21pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Listen, bro. To be honest, we don't have to part ways (I've personally been all over the North and love it). We just need to be truthful to ourselves and create a framework to maintain that truthfullness.
There are deep questions that need answering like:

1. What makes a person a Nigerian?
2. What are the rights of a Nigerian (child, adult, female, male)?
4. How does religion fit into nation discuss and governance?
7. By what parameters can justice be said to have been served?
8. Who owns mineral bearing lands?
9. Who owns mineral bearing waters?

The only question you really want to ask in the SNC is number 8 . " who owns the mineral bearing lands? Or more specially who owns the oil fields? The answer assured when we separate, it's you and only you niger delta and who ever is part of your new country. The other questions are simply dressings and one or two of them legal issues which any government with balls can enforce . SNC is a waste of time. If the president GEJ can conduct a referendum and later on a committee to make a timetable and supervise the separation , he will go down in history as having done something. For now and for the forseeable future he doesn't appear to have any clues.
10. What makes one a citizen of a state or LG?

If we truly answer most of the above, the so called North-South dichotomy will shrivel away and melt into nothingness.

If discuss and still find no reason for co-existence, then we can part peacefully.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 9:23pm On May 20, 2012
^
Dude, why did you edit what I said?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by OAM4J: 9:28pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Don't you think telling you what he thinks the problem is is an important part of fixing it? I don't understand the "what has he done questions" they just make us sound like we want to be passengers in the ship, while others run around to serve us. IMHO, the national question involves each and every Nigerian. The right question to ask is, "how do we go about solving the problem?" or "I have a suggestion, Sir, will you and the rest of the country hear and accept it?"

He is the president, the overall leader of Nigerians; if he must make such announcement in the public, he should also be the 1st to suggest a solution and work at it, else he is not different from beer parlour analysts. I am sure I have heard same comment from beer parlours more than a hundred times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Steps Out In Sports Outfit For Morning Walk Against Cancer(pics / What Will Happen If I Lose Election – Atiku / Lagos Traffic Jams Disappear But This Isn't Good News For Nigeria - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.