Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38492 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by kettykin: 9:46pm On May 19, 2012
some Nigerians are the worst Hypocrits on earth , when Gowon said there was no basis for the existence of Nigeria , These same people went and advised him not to said and were busy struggling for the post of finance minister and Vice president .

Buhari says that the Baboon and the dogs will be soaked with Blood and the same Lunatics said he i right to have said so.

Now Goodluck says there "something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date"
and he i being accused of Treason.

And these same set of Lunatics dont ever want think of secceding or opting out of the country ruled by a retardeen all the want is to keep atacking sombody who is yet to even spend a year in office.

@Goodluck in your own interst , quickly convene an SNC or a Plebiscite and let every body go his way other wise these Vultures are already planning the Aguiyi ironsi treatment for you.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On May 19, 2012
Again . . . .

[size=14pt]What the heck do the words of a un-elected(un-approved by the people) politician, bound only by the same rules that bind the average civilian out there,have to do with the utterances of the number one citizen of Nigeria, an ELECTED (APPROVED AND SWORN IN) president who swore an OATH(upholding the amalgamation, creation, and unity of Nigeria as an entity beyond ethnic divisions) to represent Nigeria and all it is, to the world in and outside of Nigeria??
[/size]

Gosh!! the level of brain fart gets annoying! I mean this is not supposed to be hard.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2012
wesley80:

And I'm sure if they dissect that thing on your neck you call a head, the one leader u believe engenders unity would be a certain Buhari isnt that so?

What has Buhari got to do with this thread - Jonathan undermining the sovereignty on the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Look at the mumu strategy you guys use below (which other one is remaining?) all in an effort to distract everyone from the fact that Jonathan is dividing us and committing a Treasonable offense against the Federation.

Since you cannot spin this one - then attack the OP, if it does not work, post some funny pics - if it refuse to stick, associate him with your lies - and if that does not work, then call in your other usernames to mess up the place.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by andresia(m): 9:52pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

Is Buhari not the head of your winshes coven?

LOLZ! Why is it that you remind me of a certain Judas Iscariot and thirty pieces of silver?!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by TechRev: 10:11pm On May 19, 2012
It is obvious the problem of the Nigerian state is too much, it even includes comprehension. Beats imagination how some one could read up treasonable offense from that statement. And we wonder why nigeria is where it is now, worse even expect it to be better. Change your self and Nigeria will change.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: What the heck has the words of a un-elected politician, bound only by the same rules that bind the average civilian out there, to do with the utterances of the number one citizen of Nigeria, an ELECTED president who swore an OATH(upholding the amalgamation, creation, and unity of Nigeria as an entity beyond ethnic divisions) to represent Nigeria and all it is, to the world in and outside of Nigeria??

Gosh!! the level of brain fart gets annoying!
you are wasting your time,some of this flat heads think through their arz!they will never understand.
EBERE!! you were elected to solve nigeria's problem and not to aportion blame! if you can't stand the heat,move out the kitchen!! KAPISH!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by wesley80(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2012
And again I reiterate; I wish there really was anything novel about your dumbness, perhaps it wld have been worth a reply but since your antics are now so commonplace that we miss it when we don't see it, its only right that you're given room to show just how dumb u are. Oya over to u. R-O-F-L-M-A-O!!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2012
kettykin: some Nigerians are the worst Hypocrits on earth , when Gowon said there was no basis for the existence of Nigeria , These same people went and advised him not to said and were busy struggling for the post of finance minister and Vice president .

Its your hypocrisy that is making you believe a crime is not one just because you want to defend Jonathan. When Gowon made his statement it was well criticized here by majority of NLers. Moreover, do not forget that millions of Nigerians died in the civil war because Gowon was protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria (my elder sister died in that war).

kettykin: Buhari says that the Baboon and the dogs will be soaked with Blood and the same Lunatics said he i right to have said so.
Buhari said IF you rig there will be harsh consequences ... and lo you, Jonathan and PDP are the only ones angry ... Where you planning to rig (or show us those magic numbers again)?

kettykin:
Now Goodluck says there "something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date" and he i being accused of Treason.

Yes. By virtue of the the Oath, position, office, duty and responsibilities of being President of Nigeria, Jonathan do not have the luxury to vomit those callous utterances that divide and undermine this nation - if he does its a treasonable offense, impeachable and punishable by death.

kettykin: @Goodluck in your own interst , quickly convene an SNC or a Plebiscite and let every body go his way other wise these Vultures are already planning the Aguiyi ironsi treatment for you.
I can forgive your ignorance on what it means to have a SNC - government will have to be suspended (including the constitution and Jonathan - at best with limited power). Those chosen for the conference will decide, who, which, whom, how and what laws and direction the nation will take - Even Jonathan will not have the power to change it - its not his committee But a "Sovereign" National Conference.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 10:21pm On May 19, 2012
torkaka:
you are wasting your time,some of this flat heads think through their arz!they will never understand.
EBERE!! you were elected to solve nigeria's problem and not to aportion blame! if you can't stand the heat,move out the kitchen!! KAPISH!!

See how daft you sound? If Nigeria is all about id!otically giving heat, because the opposition is a pack of sectional lunatics and bigots, then something went wrong from 1914 indeed.

Winshes.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 10:22pm On May 19, 2012
Egift the liar.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On May 19, 2012
I know it is most likely wasted on these but Again . . . .

[size=14pt]What the heck do the words of a un-elected(un-approved by the people) politician, bound only by the same rules that bind the average civilian out there,have to do with the utterances of the number one citizen of Nigeria, an ELECTED (APPROVED AND SWORN IN) president who swore an OATH(upholding the amalgamation, creation, and unity of Nigeria as an entity beyond ethnic divisions) to represent Nigeria and all it is, to the world in and outside of Nigeria??
[/size]

Gosh!! the level of brain fart gets annoying! I mean this is not supposed to be hard.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 10:33pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf: Egift the liar.
What else can we get from a sycophant than insults. You do not even have decency to engage in any logical debate.

And if you are referring to the SNC comment, then you are more ignorant than I thought. But for your information, the decision from an SNC is binding to everyone including Jonathan and the constitution. Jonathan can not pick what to accept or what not to.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let us also be careful not to pull statements apart in such a way that we end up with claims that are different in meaning from what was actually said.

[b]The line in bold suggests he believes the problem started in 1914, right at the time of the amalgamation, not after it.

[/b]The president mentioning the amalgamation and suggesting that something went wrong right from the get go is not supposed to happen, especially when you consider the level of division in the country today. We dont need more divisive talk, especially from the nations number one.

Also, He is making this statement at a funeral wake, not some political get together, and that causes me to wonder why.

Yes, this is Nigeria where most anything goes, I accept that but the statement is unbecoming of a president. His statements should instead be of those that cause people to see hope in Nigeria, even as it was created. Not statements that suggest that there was a problem in the country's creation/since its creation.

^^^The bolded line in your quoted post does not suggest [/b]the President believes the problem started in 1914. Rather it suggests the President is saying that sometime between 1914 to date, something went wrong with our nationhood.

The word [b]"FROM"
that you layed emphasis on was used to mark the start of the time frame (1914 to date) within which the President was saying that something went drastically wrong (sometime within this period) in our makeup as a nation, and does not mean he was saying that our problems started from the year of Amalgamation.

Maybe you and egift are confused by his choice of words, which sometimes could be used a bit better so he doesn't give his bitter haters ammunition.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On May 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The bolded line in your quoted post does not suggest [/b]the President believes the problem started in 1914. Rather it suggests the President is saying that sometime between 1914 to date, something went wrong with our nationhood.

Correction! The President not only believes the problem started in 1914, but around the time the amalgamation took place. Please follow what is written there.

Also, I used the word believe I would think the President knows to only utter that which he has assurance of(at least believes to be the case), or are we dealing with a man who SPEAKS what he does not believe at all? The article suggests that he was quoted, hence the reason why I am able to use apply the word "believe" here.

PROUD-IGBO:

The word [b]"FROM"
that you layed emphasis on was used to mark the start of the time frame (1914 to date) within which the President was saying that something went drastically wrong (sometime within this period) in our makeup as a nation, and does not mean he was saying that our problems started from the year of Amalgamation.

Maybe you and egift are confused by his choice of words, which sometimes could be used a bit better so he doesn't give his bitter haters ammunition.

from/frəm/
Preposition:
Indicating the point in space at which a journey, motion, or action starts: "she began to walk away from him".
Indicating the distance between a particular place and another place used as a point of reference: "50 yards from a checkpoint".

Another correction: The word "From" indicates a start point, a point of reference. Again, go back to the quote to see that the marked point WAS NOT JUST any point in 1914, but specifically points within the amalgamation period, in 1914.

What you think he may have meant instead is not what we are debating here. What I am saying is that the President(who ought to be the number one apostle of Nigeria, the Nation, AS IT WAS MADE, given that the constitution which he swore to uphold was derived from all that has transpired since the Nation's creation) should not be making divisive statements, especially when you consider the temperature in the country, the last 2 years.

And this is not the first of them he has made in the past 2 years, so if you are attempting to convince me that he has never done that then you probably want to go play that horn to some other crowd as I am one of the many who has been rattled by the amount of divisive talk that keeps streaming out of Aso Rock, and attributed to the President himself.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 10:46pm On May 19, 2012
egift:
What else can we get from a sycophant than insults. You do not even have decency to engage in any logical debate.

And if you are referring to the SNC comment, then you are more ignorant than I thought. But for your information, the decision from an SNC is binding to everyone including Jonathan and the constitution. Jonathan can not pick what to accept or what not to.

I just said you were a liar, no need for you to list all your lies.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 10:52pm On May 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

The word [b]"FROM"

Don't you see that kobojunkie speaks English like a vulcaniser? He is only expressing his misunderstanding of the use of English words.
A typical kobojunkie sentence:
"What we know is this that, that is why the way you are saying this is not the way that this should be said."

Okongu!

Vulcanisers go wound pikin go with laf o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On May 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: WOW . . . [size=13pt]the strategy seems to be to attack the messenger to divert attention from the message . . . . good to see that the tactics around here don't change much![/size] grin

Good to see the predictable remains so!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

See how daft you sound? If Nigeria is all about id!otically giving heat, because the opposition is a pack of sectional lunatics and bigots, then something went wrong from 1914 indeed.

Winshes.
if i wasn't savouring in the euphoria of my champions league win i would replied you real good "you abortion survivour child"
want some beer?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 11:01pm On May 19, 2012
torkaka:
if i wasn't savouring in the euphoria of my champions league win i would replied you real good "you abortion survivour child"
want some beer?

You always sound uncommonly daft.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 19, 2012
Beaf:

You always sound uncommonly daft.
you should know,you were born daft!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 11:12pm On May 19, 2012
torkaka:
want some beer?

Congrats torkaka, it was nice game. The drunken fisherman from Delta do not deserve a beer, he is very abusive - he lacked parental guide from childhood and spent a lot of years in the creek where they were running things for Jona. As a militant, he was abused and molested beyond measure. He simple hate the world (his only allegiance is to those who speak the language of looted money ask Ibori and Jona).
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 11:22pm On May 19, 2012
egift: Mr. President GEJ Speech is a Treasonable offense because not only is it insulting to the dignity of of the Nigerian State, it as well undermines the sovereignty of the nation. [size=14pt]How can a President of our great country Nigeria say that the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 was a mistake.
[/size]
Do you agree?

Can you kindly rephrase your question . . .The article you presented as a reference is not doing justice to you . . . . . . .being sincere here wink

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by LogicMind: 11:23pm On May 19, 2012
op please go back to school

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by wesley80(m): 12:29am On May 20, 2012
jmaine:

Can you kindly rephrase your question . . .The article you presented as a reference is not doing justice to you . . . . . . .being sincere here wink

Logic Mind: op please go back to school

@egift,
There's an old saying that says "if one person calls you a dönkey ignore him, but if three people call u a dønkey; Buy a saddle!. I think its time u went shopping and pls while u're at it and for the love of humanity, pls also pick one for the eternal e-slowpoke - of course u know who I'm talking about dont u? ROFLMAO!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On May 20, 2012
I know it is most likely wasted on these but Again . . . .

[/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by jmaine: 2:57am On May 20, 2012
[size=18pt] WTF[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 3:31am On May 20, 2012
wesley80:
@egift,
There's an old saying that says "if one person calls you a dönkey ignore him, but if three people call u a dønkey; Buy a saddle!. I think its time u went shopping and pls while u're at it and for the love of humanity, pls also pick one for the eternal e-slowpoke - of course u know who I'm talking about dont u? ROFLMAO!

That saying is true. But even if you have a brain of a fish, you will know that if all the following conditions are applicable, that whatever insults are hauled towards you are false, distractions and carry no weight: (Here are the conditions)
- That the only people who are vigorously opposing are Beaf and his his other omo-krikris (jmaine, wesley80, werepeLeri, etc)
- Any time they post and their comments have no logical illumination or contribution to the topic, but insults to the OP.
- And it does not take them long to start posting funny faces and animated graphics.

If the 3 postulations above are in play be rest assured that the topic is highlighting the frequent gross incompetence of Jonathan. And that its so serious it is indefensible and shameful.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by M17: 3:41am On May 20, 2012
why were buhari still walking around free ? has he ever been persecuted for coup he carried out 1993 ,shame to islamic republic of nigeria ,land of suffering , land of death ,a haven for hausa/fulani looters since 50 years of oil discovery in a forced union , may God punish buhari and group of mallam who killed and mutilated the corpses of my people . shame to buzombie

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 4:39am On May 20, 2012
M-16:
why were buhari still walking around free ? has he ever been persecuted for coup he carried out 1993 ,shame to islamic republic of nigeria ,land of suffering , land of death ,a haven for hausa/fulani looters since 50 years of oil discovery in a forced union , may God punish buhari and group of mallam who killed and mutilated the corpses of my people . shame to buzombie

What 1993? It seems you just came out from yonder, because you seem to know nothing about our history. BTW, the coup that lead to Buhari administration was not done by him (you can twist your head all you want, it will not change the facts).

This thread is about President Jonathan committing a treasonable offense against the Nigeria State with the callous statement here in Enugu at the burial of our Governor's mum.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by dayokanu(m): 5:44am On May 20, 2012
What do you expect a Retardeen to say
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by FrankC3: 6:24am On May 20, 2012
The OP is just spreading falsehood because i still can't see how he got to his conclusion. No look at this quote: 'from the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... And only the violent take it by force' Does this really mean that there was violence in God's kingdom the day John was born? Normally, a 'from' is followed by 'to' indicating a valid range of time within which a logic holds true. That is actually the essence of integration (calculus).
Following what Mr President's logic, he is actually saying that the things that went wrong ranges from laying poor foundation for such a gigantic structure to having the product of such poor foundation- including having non ideological political parties to states going to Abuja monthly for hand out to having a former president mentioning blood and election in thesame sentence.
The question any sincere person must ask himself is which of the problems for which the president is insulted just started today? Actually, we suspected that they have been there, but now we know the extent. But wait a minute, what is Fashola, Peter Obi and Babangida Aliyu's daily feeding budget? You obviously dont know because they sustained business as usual. Do you now get what Jonathan mean when he says that his team wants to change this country?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On May 20, 2012
Frank-C:
The OP is just spreading falsehood because i still can't see how he got to his conclusion. No look at this quote: 'from the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... And only the violent take it by force' Does this really mean that there was violence in God's kingdom the day John was born? Normally, a 'from' is followed by 'to' indicating a valid range of time within which a logic holds true. That is actually the essence of integration (calculus).

Advice, never apply for a job as an English Teacher,or a Language Teacher! Please, we have enough evening market trained teachers dragging the Nigerian Education System down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Dickson Storms INEC Collation Centre, Southern Ijaw - The Nation / IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. / Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.