Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,113 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38497 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2012
I hate people that tell lies in order to inspite people and wish they were never born.
How can someone be telling this open lie as if we too didn't go to school. so much for English comprehension
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by humblebee: 10:24am On May 21, 2012
i still dont see any reason why we should force ourselves to live together when we are not living in peace... the amalgamation is a BIG mistake and can be reversed.

NO dignity in size, its better we split and live in peace... lives are lost everyday and its obvious we can't live together especially with those animals up north with their brainwashed heads. bunch of scvmbags
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Shakdut: 10:38am On May 21, 2012
Aldough GEJ isnt capable of governs dis country bt he said d truth. We ar nt compatiable in so many ways. So even now, our president has suport division of dis country indirectly. It would av bein beter 4him if unity of dis nigeria come to pass. I, personaly pray for divid of dis country.cos i see it, as a beter way 4us to b in peac in future. God bless us
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by yohannazack(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2012
Obviously the statement made by gej is treasonable. But, i wunt hold it against him, becus wat he said was a display of his incompetency to be able handle som national issues logically. Dis is not d first time he is makin such a comment. I pray fo a day dat nigerians wl wake up in d monin precisely at 7am netwok news, where gej is goin to take a bold step to tel nigerians dat, i, gej hereby state dis day dat im incompetent, i lack d brain or mental ability to be d president of federal republic of nigeria, i therefore tender my resignation as d president of d federal republic of nigeria. Dis may help him a great deal. Above all, lets pray fo our country dat god wl help us.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by saintohia: 11:40am On May 21, 2012
You guyz should stop all this crab about what the president said:

Listen, there's nothing like a forced union, lets assume Nigerians just woke up & realised that they've been forced to a union that's not fulfilling or bringing the required progress and advancement, those awake have the right to call for SNC for better discussion should the forced union continue or not, and on what TERMS should it continue if it has to.

Let the truth be told, right? what you phrased Nigeria doesn't exist outside oil and gas. Why would you prefer to exist pretending all is well, when is getting worse as days run by.

Listen, there's nothing like a forced union, lets assume Nigerians just woke up & realised that they've been forced to a union that's not fulfilling or bringing the required progress and advancement, those awake have the right to call for SNC for better discussion should the forced union continue or not, and on what TERMS should it continue if it has to.

Let the truth be told, right? what you phrased Nigeria doesn't exist outside oil and gas. Why would you prefer to exist pretending all is well, when is getting worse as days run by.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by saintohia: 11:41am On May 21, 2012

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 11:42am On May 21, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I was joking.
Congrats lol

lol girl not that way!!!
as friends!! grin smh.

Obiagu1:

Nawa oo! So some people are having fun off NL while we are busy arguing our a.s.s off with no end result SMH.

jmaine:

Interesting grin

see nosiness. grin grin

alj harem:

No probs cool cool cool grin grin grin grin I hope that Nairaland treats you like a sarauniya (queen) smiley

ha-ha. tongue grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 11:43am On May 21, 2012
@topic,

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.
I still think people are taking this waaay out of proportion.

But only time will tell what GEJ's intentions are.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On May 21, 2012
saintohia: You guyz should stop all this crab about what the president said:

Whether you believe it to be the truth or not, is not the question here. Is the president justified in making statements that suggest that the creation of the entity Nigeria, which he currently governs, was a mistake, that is what the question is here. If your answer is yes, what makes him any different from people like Ojukwu, and other secessionist we have here on Nairaland, who have suggested that the problem with Nigeria is that the North and Nigeria were ever brought together and every group should go their separate way? And how do you unite a nation even as you suggest there might have been problems with the unification to begin with.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:01pm On May 21, 2012
egift the liar. embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2012
I will never forget somethings
from this argument......

''egift the liar''

Pls,not as termed by u.
No misconception pls!

Just another name for beaf...
''egift the liar'' what do u have
to say?

MsDarkSkin....its a pleasure meeting
u in here...when do u plan paying a
visit....an august one for dat matter.

Shymmex, egift, kobojunkie
jmaine, alj harem, jason123 and.......
Sincerely speaking, I learnt a lot
from u guys.

Egift alias ''its a treason''

Nothing to tag shymmex with!
Cant use those names!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by noiseless: 1:49pm On May 21, 2012
Your choice.
ayobase:

that could be false accusation!
Lets deal with each ID independently!

I dont wanna believe pple masking
with different IDs here.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 1:58pm On May 21, 2012
@ayobase
You talk a lot, don't you?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 2:17pm On May 21, 2012
Beaf: @ayobase
You talk a lot, don't you?

This is a typical case of the kettle
calling d pot black!

I like catching my fun anywhere,
and anytime.

Life is so simple with me!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:23pm On May 21, 2012
ayobase:

This is a typical case of the kettle
calling d pot black!

I like catching my fun anywhere,
and anytime.

Life is so simple with me!

Catch your fun and don't comment on what I say if you have nothing to add to it. I don't catch fun with those who tell grievious lies or those who are too light headed to understand that certain lies cross the boundaries of morality.

Dude, the places to catch fun are sexuality and romance. There, it is ok to lie and be lied too; here, it is not. Thank you.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf1: 2:49pm On May 21, 2012
^
Now we know you are R3tarded. Mini me cheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by SamIkenna: 3:21pm On May 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Whether you believe it to be the truth or not, is not the question here. Is the president justified in making statements that suggest that the creation of the entity Nigeria, which he currently governs, was a mistake, that is what the question is here. If your answer is yes, what makes him any different from people like Ojukwu, and other secessionist we have here on Nairaland, who have suggested that the problem with Nigeria is that the North and Nigeria were ever brought together and every group should go their separate way? And how do you unite a nation even as you suggest there might have been problems with the unification to begin with.

Kind of wondering what to make of the bolded. Is there anything wrong with self determination?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2012
Beaf:

Catch your fun and don't comment on what I say if you have nothing to add to it. I don't catch fun with those who tell grievious lies or those who are too light headed to understand that certain lies cross the boundaries of morality.

Dude, the places to catch fun are sexuality and romance. There, it is ok to lie and be lied too; here, it is not. Thank you.

I can see....seems u cant comprehend
me.....Im sophisticated aight?

Those names and
misconceptions ignored!

Hmmmmm!
U gat me chuckling!

**modified**
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2012
That you support the division of Nigeria or believe it will bring peace does not wave away the fact that if the president question our union as a nation amounts to treason. If he wants to be the president of Niger Delta, it does not involve shrinking Nigeria.

Argue all you can, if you become President, you will not be allowed by law to utter such as well. I know in present day Nigeria, many have lost faith in Nationalism, Tribalism now abound. But for the Presido to attend a burial ceremony and be there to question our territorial integrity is callous.

Nigeria Recalls Ambassador From Libya Over Gaddafi’s Statement
The Nigerian ambassador to Libya, Alhaji Aliu Mohammed, has been recalled over the provoking statement of Libyan president Muamar Gaddafi. This is made known from a statement released from the ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday.

Gaddafi had on Tuesday called for the balkanisation of Nigeria against the backdrop of violence that rocked Jos, Plateau State, last week.

The Libyan leader reportedly said one of the best ways of resolving the incessant ethno-religious crises in Nigeria is for the country to go the way of Pakistan and India that separated and resolved their religious crises once and for all.
https://www.nairaland.com/415567/nigeria-recalls-ambassador-libya-over
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 3:46pm On May 21, 2012
egift - the liar. embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 4:03pm On May 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:
Kind of wondering what to make of the bolded. Is there anything wrong with self determination?

No, there is nothing wrong with "self determination". But the law of Nigeria forbids the President to question the union, or utter that something is wrong with the union of the nation. Every country got formed at some point, its wrong for the President to insinuate that today's challenges was as a result of a formation that occurred 98 years ago. It smack incompetence. His efforts should be suggesting and implementing solution.

For those who voted for him, what did he promise? Is he doing those things? Is it working? - That should be the discussion. Irrespective of party affiliations, Nigerians should demand that politicians state clearly what the will do and we should keep up the pressure to see that they follow through with is.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by rareman(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2012
@ egift obviously this is nothing but mischief, there is a whole lot of different between what u are implying and what the president actually said. Yes u can say it is treason if he ever said that (though from the lines above he never said that it's your words against his) but come to think of it the president just said the fact, u can't take anything away from that.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2012
rareman: @ egift obviously this is nothing but mischief, there is a whole lot of different between what u are implying and what the president actually said. Yes u can say it is treason if he ever said that (though from the lines above he never said that it's your words against his) but come to think of it the president just said the fact, u can't take anything away from that.

Which is it? Does his statement imply that something is wrong with the amalgamation of Northern and Southern protectorates in 1914 or it did not? See the original quote below and let us know (emphasis on the bold):

According to the President, something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

“When the Priest was speaking, I started asking myself – what must have gone wrong from 1914 that the Northern and Southern parts of the country were amalgamated? They were under colonial rule since 1960 when we started governing ourselves. From 1960 to date it is about 50 years.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 4:17pm On May 21, 2012
egift, the liar. embarassed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by maasoap(m): 4:19pm On May 21, 2012
Beaf: egift the liar. embarassed
We, nairalanders know the liar already. So, no need to tell us who the liar is.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by saljams: 4:21pm On May 21, 2012
He just reveal what is in his mind, i.e separating Nigeria from single and united entity, and that will be better! but why the Bombings, kidnAPPINGS?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by maasoap(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2012
Please GEJ resign for sake of South South people. You're an embarrassment to Nigerians. Even toddlers know that you lack leadership qualities despite the fact that you possess PhD. You don't even know what leaders are supposed to say, what not to say. Infact, you don't even know your duty as a president of a nation. Imagine Obama appoints US secretary of finance as the head and coordinator of presidential economic team! Then one wonders what you had upstair when you were seeking peoples' mandate.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Yujin(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2012
What the GEJ said is the plain truth. Not the amalgamation but something which is most likely the term of the union. It was mischievously riddled with lobsided appeasement that brewed the civil war and is threatening to deliver another.
Nigeria bears a great semblance with its late auspicuous president- Umaru Musa Yar'adua. The events surrounding his hospitalization and death exposed the dark spots of the so called 'one nigeria'. While in his absence, the vice president was treated with disdain; was not even allowed to function in his official capacity. During this interregnum, the so called kitchen cabinet looted the empire to their satisfaction. All the while, no one was allowed to see him except selected members of the kitchen cabinet. Remember the battle that was waged before the VP was 'permitted' to step-in for the president. This is nigeria in a nutshell. We are going through the final stages right now and will end up as he did. May its/his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On May 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Self determination? The president of the nation does not speak on behalf of one group or another but on behalf of Nigeria as a whole. If self-determination suggests SPLITTING that one Nigeria, the President should not be the one speaking or hinting to the possibility of such.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On May 21, 2012
Yujin: What the GEJ said is the plain truth. Not the amalgamation but something which is most likely the term of the union. It was mischievously riddled with lobsided appeasement that brewed the civil war and is threatening to deliver another.
Nigeria bears a great semblance with its late auspicuous president- Umaru Musa Yar'adua. The events surrounding his hospitalization and death exposed the dark spots of the so called 'one nigeria'. While in his absence, the vice president was treated with disdain; was not even allowed to function in his official capacity. During this interregnum, the so called kitchen cabinet looted the empire to their satisfaction. All the while, no one was allowed to see him except selected members of the kitchen cabinet. Remember the battle that was waged before the VP was 'permitted' to step-in for the president. This is nigeria in a nutshell. We are going through the final stages right now and will end up as he did. May its/his soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

All you have in bold is really gibberish. The amalgamation of Nigeria is really what you, and anyone else can say happened back to 1914 through to 1950's when Nigerias started to get much of a say in the track the nation is to continue in.

The constitutions drafted in the 1950's were essentially abandoned after Nigerian took over the decision of mapping it's own destiny. So essentially, apart from the amalgamation itself, nothing from the colonial era really remains.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by egift(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Self determination? The president of the nation does not speak on behalf of one group or another but on behalf of Nigeria as a whole. If self-determination suggests SPLITTING that one Nigeria, the President should not be the one speaking or hinting to the possibility of such.

Right on point. Most people here that are advocates of disintegration and sympathizers of Mr. President do not want to accept this simple fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Buhari Takes Over Central Bank Naira Management - Bloomberg. / All PDP Presidential Aspirants On A Visit To Sokoto (pics) / I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.