Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (38542 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:22pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

If Awolowo and Anthony Enahoro could be charge for treason in the first republic for a similar statement - I think it's treasonable under the Nigerian law IMHO...

It seems you and I are of the same age bracket and some of the folks here may not even know who Anthony Enahoro was so they wouldnt know when he was charged for treason for making a similar statement.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

I think the OP said it's treasonable because the polity is hot right now - and the president of the country shouldn't make that type of statement, when everyone is clamouring for disintegration... It's just like adding fuel to fire IMO...

The president has also shown that he doesn't really think before he speaks.. Statements like that would only heat up the polity IMO.

You're blessed!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:23pm On May 20, 2012
Why are the lovers of the status quo scared shiitless at the prospect of the re-engineering of our unity?
Why does it freeze the brains of the parasites and boko haram fans amongst us?
Why does the mention of 1914 make some pee themselves? Just asking. grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf: Why are the lovers of the status quo scared shiitless at the prospect of the re-engineering of our unity?
Why does it freeze the brains of the parasites and boko haram fans amongst us?
Why does the mention of 1914 make some pee themselves? Just asking. grin

Porky just to test your intelligence..... you said the british used divide and rule tactics. Could you possibly explain what their divide and rule tactic meant and how they were able to do this? If you cannot answer this then you do not deserve to be on this forum and should be kicked out. Your monotony is sickening.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
jmaine:

I have said what needs to be said . . . the OP and his supporters need some real comprehension to do . .Are you among them . . cheesy

Among ke !! grin grin grin seriously I love reading your post. you go laff sha ni !! grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:
If president Obama expressed doubt after the 13 Unions that gradually formed USA today, Congress, unianimously would have asked him to resign

hm . . . but this president expressing doubts in the creation of this country(this country was formed from the amalgamation of the south and north) is not enough to call for his resignation? just curious!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
bipolar president! Na eye service him dey do, when he goes to kano he'd make pro-Unity statements? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:25pm On May 20, 2012
egift, the OP is well known for drama.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:
Do you actually expect the British would have complained about their divide and rule tactics. You are daft, bro.
Come home and learn about your village instead of reciting crap you learnt in your British school. You are lost and without an identity, you believe whites are better than you, so how can you even understand 1914?

Dude, 1914 is about discussing identity, which you sadly lack. Learn where your village is first before making a fool of yourself and asking daft questions.

You're a dimwit!!! How the hell would I feel a whitey is superior to me when my life is ingrained in my African culture?? Olodo!!!

Yes, the Brits didn't complain because that was what they wanted, and they benefited from it...

Nigeria had a chance to choose what it wanted in 1959 - but why did our founding fathers choose Nigeria??

Southern Cameroon saw into the future, and opted out... We all could have done the same, so stop blaming 1914... The problem started in 1959, at the London conference...
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by saintohia: 2:26pm On May 20, 2012
It doesn't matter if that's what the president said in the present Nigeria. What counts is if it's true.

That amalgamation is one of the greatest fraud on earth by those running "Project Nigeria", ok.

Have u ever bothered to ask urself or imagine / anticipate how developed some part of the particle termed Nigeria would have been should they be existing as different nations since 1914?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 20, 2012
L u c i d:
bipolar president! Na eye service him dey do, when he goes to kano he'd make pro-Unity statements? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol . . . good observation!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:27pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

GEJ has made too many blunders, and it shows he's not intelligent....

Didn't the same guy say boko haram was part of his government??

The guy is too timid, inarticulate, unintelligent, and unpragmatic to be the president of Nigeria, period.

Whether or not he is good is for us to decide after his tenure.

For now, we can only criticise him (Constructive criticism) and hope he does well for Nigeria.

At the end of the day, his failure as a president is also Nigerian's failure as a country
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:28pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:

Porky just to test your intelligence..... you said the british used divide and rule tactics. Could you possibly explain what their divide and rule tactic meant and how they were able to do this?

Fool, if you do not know the meaning of divide and rule then you are truly as stup!d as a piece of shiit.
Keep repping your messangers of blood, death and indolence and not learning what the simplest terms mean.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:
It seems you and I are of the same age bracket and some of the folks here may not even know who Anthony Enahoro was so they wouldnt know when he was charged for treason for making a similar statement.

Lol!! I'm not even that old, I'm just in my mid-twenties... I happen to love reading about Nigeria history - something a lot of young Nigerians should do, to understand why Nigeria is messed up the way it is..
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:29pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

You're a dimwit!!! How the hell would I feel a whitey is superior to me when my life is ingrained in my African culture?? Olodo!!!

Yes, the Brits didn't complain because that was what they wanted, and they benefited from it...

Nigeria had a chance to choose what it wanted in 1959 - but why did our founding fathers choose Nigeria??

Southern Cameroon saw into the future, and opted out... We all could have done the same, so stop blaming 1914... The problem started in 1959, at the London conference...

Why are you educating Porky. He is using you to know what he never knew. The guy is not on our level. All he does is bicker, poke and prod.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:30pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

Fool, if you do not know the meaning of divide and rule then you are truly as stup!d as a piece of shiit.
Keep repping your messangers of blood, death and indolence and not learning what the simplest terms mean.

JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION! PORKY THE ENCYCLOPEDIA
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by redsun(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2012
Yeah, i can now see where gej is coming from. Let him come out open,we can work on that.

What treason? Of course nigeria is a farce from the word go. It is time we face reality, it is a make or break situation.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:
Whether or not he is good is for us to decide after his tenure.
For now, we can only criticise him (Constructive criticism) and hope he does well for Nigeria.
At the end of the day, his failure as a president is also Nigerian's failure as a country

Brother, the future is now - we have the chance now that polity is heated to make a lasting change, and we need to do it now.. We can't wait for something - a FAILURE like GEJ can never deliver... We need to continue to pressurize his timid mind to give us what we want... People are dying, brother... We need to act!!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 2:31pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

Leave that idi0t, he is paid to write.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:31pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

You have always said white people are superior to you, its happened over and over on threads all over NL. It is that same low self-esteem that is scaring you shiitless at the mention of 1914.
You will keep asking stup!d questions, because your only identity is peckham and you have not seen fit to come home and know your village.

You don't count, thrash around as you like, a man without an identity is a waste to his country. Phuck off and fly the Union Jack.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:32pm On May 20, 2012
ballabriggs:

Leave that idi0t, he is paid to write.

You bet he is. Sell out!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by 4evergod3: 2:33pm On May 20, 2012
Beaf:

You have always said white people are superior to you, its happened over and over on threads all over NL. It is that same low self-esteem that is scaring you shiitless at the mention of 1914.
You will keep asking stup!d questions, because your only identity is peckham and you have not seen fit to come home and know your village.

You don't count, thrash around as you like, a man without an identity is a waste to his country. Phuck off and fly the Union Jack.

as you are flying the izaw [ijaw] flag abi?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by austine911(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2012
am not surprise. afterall ghadafi b4 he died he said it. nigeria is not suppose to be a one country.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by aljharem(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2012
shymmex:

Brother, the future is now - we have the chance now that polity is heated to make a lasting change, and we need to do it now.. We can't wait for something - a FAILURE like GEJ can never deliver... We need to continue to pressurize his timid mind to give us what we want... People are dying, brother... We need to act!!

I understand your sentiment but all I am trying to do is for people (Beaf and his goons) not to think because of ethnic reasons.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

hm . . . but this president expressing doubts in the creation of this country(this country was formed from the amalgamation of the south and north) is not enough to call for his resignation? just curious!

Madam Kobo, I did not say our president expressed doubt in the creation but "AFTER" the creation, there's a huge difference - Read my previous post. Yes, Congress can ask the President to resign for just about any reason, so if NASS wants to ask him to resign due to unguarded comments such as this, I won't be surprised.

Like I've ALWAYS stated, Mr. President mad unguarded, unwanted and unwarranted comments, it's highly uncalled for because these types of issues cause chaos, however, I'm of the opinion that he's comments did not constitute treason.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:38pm On May 20, 2012
saintohia: It doesn't matter if that's what the president said in the present Nigeria. What counts is if it's true.

That amalgamation is one of the greatest fraud on earth by those running "Project Nigeria", ok.

Have u ever bothered to ask urself or imagine / anticipate how developed some part of the particle termed Nigeria would have been should they be existing as different nations since 1914?

Simple. I don't understand why anybody should be scared to hear the truth.
People can only be scared because thery have something to hide.

Many of those screaming are the sons of parasites and sponsors of boko haram who will fight biterly to ensure that the country never progresses, because progress dries up their sources of blood money.
More than anything, they do not wish that the common man gains knowledge, because it means they become equipped to throw off the parasites, vultures, dogs and baboons.

We need to talk about our shared existence for equity to reign.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On May 20, 2012
manny4life:

Madam Kobo, I did not say our president expressed doubt in the creation but "AFTER" the creation, there's a huge difference - Read my previous post. Yes, Congress can ask the President to resign for just about any reason, so if NASS wants to ask him to resign due to unguarded comments such as this, I won't be surprised.

Like I've ALWAYS stated, Mr. President mad unguarded, unwanted and unwarranted comments, it's highly uncalled for because these types of issues cause chaos, however, I'm of the opinion that he's comments did not constitute treason.

I guess since I do not see the word "AFTER" (neither do I think it is implied)in the statement made by the president, then we might as well not be addressing the same statement so no point going forward then. Ignore the question then.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ballabriggs: 2:39pm On May 20, 2012
alj harem:

I understand your sentiment but all I am trying to do is for people (Beaf and his goons) not to think because of ethnic reasons.

Which ethnic reason? He is fraud who is only out to fulfill his hungry soul. He has no interest of the Niger Delta.
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by Beaf: 2:39pm On May 20, 2012
4evergod3:

as you are flying the izaw [ijaw] flag abi?

Doesn't the fact that I do not have Ijaw blood make you both a fool and an Ijaw hating bigot?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by ayobase(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2012
SMGOO7: It's painful but true that our leaders are myopic & wicked stooges plamted by the cabalistic powers that be to perpetuate corruption, injustice & theft without plans or strategies to mitigate our problems as a nation. In fact, their perplexities at our problems as graduated to admiration which explains y instead of solving them, they aggravate dem & dat briliantli.

Oyinbo po!
What has dey do dis
time arnd....what have GEJs say o!
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by dayokanu(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2012
Do you expect anything more from Retardeen?
Re: President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I guess since I do not see the word "AFTER" in the statement made by the president, then we might as well not be addressing the same statement so no point going forward then. Ignore the question then.

From the article, it said

something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

That's was the after the amalgamation, but anyway, I've ignored the question ... thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose / Buhari Takes Over Central Bank Naira Management - Bloomberg. / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.