Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Bankers' Forum - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers' Forum (89967 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankers' Forum by joshjosh(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2007
being honest there are no banks in Nigeria. people use them because there are no alternatives. i heard the Md of zenith bank said here in the UK that about 70% of Nigerians do not have bank accounts. you wonder why. how do you bank with institutions you go through hell to pay into and another hell to remove your money

the non challant attitude slip-shod attitudes from the old days i worked in the industry as a cashier are still there. the amount of time you have to wait to get your money is disgusting. at the moment we are having problem with people unable to get the money that was sent to them via first inland bank from the uk since last week all in the name of systems being down. what kind of banking system is that?

too many people who have no clue how the system should work are clogging the system. there are too many hookers in the system.

i have been privileged to work in the industry here too and the difference in training and execution is clear. the customer is king. i know some of you will dispute that because you have had a rough time in banks here as to opening accounts and some other stuff but you have to know that is the price you pay for being a Nigerian along the doggy things our cousins do. happy Christmas everyone
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2007
av noticed one thing

OCEANIC BANK STAFF ARE JOBLESS!!!!!!

COS THATS WAT ISEE HERE

JOBLESSNESS!!!!

grin grin grin cool shocked angry tongue cry undecided

BUUT THAT GUY ISSS CUUTEE SHHHAAAA

WHY AM I SUDDENLY STUTTERING
Re: Bankers' Forum by darqly(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2007
being honest there are no banks in Nigeria.
@joshjosh, thats a very myopic statement and a really poor generalization. If you worked in the industry way back then, you still can't use that as a yardstick to gauge how far the banks have come.
Banks really have improved, and believe it or not, we're trying to make the concept of "Customer is King" a truism, though it's pretty hard to adapt.
Time was when the HOS(, or accountant) used to sit in an armchair, on a raised platform(signifying his importance) and customers would really have to be important to gain access to him, let alone the almighty manager!This was all before I joined a bank.
My HOS presently sits in the back-office and has performed as temporary teller on days we had pressure. My manager sits in a glass office and you can see him whether you like it or not,
Re: Bankers' Forum by Princesege(m): 5:25am On Dec 28, 2007
Princesege:

Hi bankers in the house.
Can anyone explain why GTB removed 3rd party online transfer faciltiy?
I am ver disappointed about this development not just because the tool was removed but for lack of consideration/sensitivity to GTB customers. There is no information prior to the removal so that I can plan for alternative way of trasfering money for Xmas since as I am not in Nigeria at the moment.

It is sad that GTB could do this why because that is the quickest way of sending money to brothers and sisters in Uni and my aged parent as well.

Can you imagine third party online transfer being stopped all in the name of security. No I don't think so. There must be something more than that. Here in the UK, you don't just remove a faciltity without informing your customers.
I was sad because I had planned to send money via this medium for Xmas festivity.
I think I have to close my account with GTB and go elsewhere. This is a breach of contract on the part of GTB. I opened the account just because of this online  3rd party transfer. A bank whose customers opinions do not matter.
Rubbish!.

@all.
Please read this. It was posted on GTB Website. But I can not use 3rd party online transfer yet. What is happening.

Dear Valued Customer,

REACTIVATION OF THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT TRANSFERS ON INTERNET BANKING

We are pleased to inform you that the third party account transfer service on our Internet Banking platform has been reactivated with enhanced security features. These additional features have been implemented to maintain the safety and integrity of this service channel.
You would recall that the third party account transfer service had earlier been disabled as a result of recent global upsurge in fraudulent activities on similar channels. However, only pre-registered third party account transfers have been reactivated for now; other transfer options will be reactivated shortly.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the temporary unavailability of our Internet Banking service may have caused you.
Should you require further clarifications, please call our fully interactive self service contact centre GTConnect on (+234)700 482666328, (+234)1-448 0000, (+234)803 900 3900 or (+234)802 900 2900. 
We count on your cooperation to ensure the continued safety of your funds.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank.

The Guaranty Trust Bank Team.

Customers are advised to protect their Internet Banking passwords and ATM Card PINS with utmost confidentiality as the Bank will not be liable for any loss that may arise as a result of a third party having access to such passwords and PINS as to defraud the customer.

Click here to view your Account(s)
Re: Bankers' Forum by obinwanne(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hello Everybody,
am a student of Unijos but I need to start a small-scale bizness to support myself. Please I need a small loan from any bank who is willing to help me. Please how do I go about it and can anyone be of help
Re: Bankers' Forum by DisGuy: 3:26am On Dec 30, 2007
most of you banker are not talking about the poor customer service in your industry
or perhaps you don't even know you are offering very poor customer service

@Princesege

I just checked my 3rd party transfer it's still not working lipsrsealed
if its not yet working they should just announce when it will be
what's the point of telling people its working when its clearly not!

most of the banks top management boast of degrees from the best universities around the world
but very basic services they cant provide
Re: Bankers' Forum by Princesege(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2007
Dis Guy:

most of you banker are not talking about the poor customer service in your industry
or perhaps you don't even know you are offering very poor customer service

@Princesege

I just checked my 3rd party transfer it's still not working  lipsrsealed
if its not yet working they should just announce when it will be
what's the point of telling people its working when its clearly not!

most of the banks top management boast of degrees from the best universities around the world
but very basic services they can't provide
@Dis Guy Link
I wonder.! 3rd party transfer is not working on my account yet.
If the service is not yet working, why telling us now. GTB should  Wait until system works before they adverstise.  Let it be noted by GTB that we customers can not comprise quality service because this is norm here in the UK and for any serious minded corporate organisation like GTB. Anything short will amount to reneging or breach of contract. I still like GTB though but they have to wake up and stop giving untenable excuse. Customers deserve the best and GTB should do everything for the best service.
Re: Bankers' Forum by casper007: 6:43am On Jan 01, 2008
Hello every body
I'm anew member here
and i reach here and i know many ppl in nigeria
and i like them coz them are kind ppl
and i need good person to dealwink
if anyone there working in cashing
contact me on my ID wink
With my best wishes
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Bankers' Forum by Astontj(m): 8:34am On Jan 01, 2008
compliment everybody.
I think there is price for every success, therefore, the bankers are only paying the price of what they earn. is not only in banking sector, the so-call oil companies has there own task as well. What ever your soufce of income now try to handle it well.
Wish you prosrerious 2008. smiley wink cheesy
Re: Bankers' Forum by SweetT1: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2008
@Ufobabe

So you are a Gambari ! grin
Re: Bankers' Forum by suze(f): 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2008
if only most bankers can open their eyes to see that there are more than a thousand and one better places in which you get paid good money without working like slaves as they do in most nigerian banks and at the end of the month earning peanuts compared to the work done.

Most people inNigeria today are bankers due to condition.Ignoance is bad o.
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2008
suze:

if only most bankers can open their eyes to see that there are more than a thousand and one better places in which you get paid good money without working like slaves as they do in most nigerian banks and at the end of the month earning peanuts compared to the work done.

Most people inNigeria today are bankers due to condition.Ignoance is bad o.

so where do u suggest they go to
Re: Bankers' Forum by seun001(m): 7:55am On Jan 03, 2008
otuwe:

so where do u suggest they go to

i wonder ooo!maybe kutuwenji, grin grin grin wink
Re: Bankers' Forum by bbamishe: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2008
what most new generation banks practice in "naija" is "jankara" banking i.e. buying and selling business. With high IT technology which they proclaim they have should employees continue to work like Jackie and stay beyond 7p.m?
Re: Bankers' Forum by darqly(m): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2008
@bbamishe, Does deploying IT infrastructure mean that the bank will run on auto-pilot? Please try to imagine a scenario before spitting it out. Some bankers have no idea what to do with a PC aside running the bank's application; I actually had a member of staff who I can swear had never held a mouse-pad let alone MOUSE before being deployed to my branch and I handed him a full multi-media workstation. we had a barrel of laughs. Your IT solutions can make you work as fast as you can make it work, they go hand-in-hand.

@suze, If you could share a dozen of such places where we would earn more peanuts, I'm sure we'd be glad to crossover. BTW, the peanuts I earn tend to be quite sizeable, a few sacks really.
Re: Bankers' Forum by kolaide(m): 8:56am On Jan 08, 2008
the job can be frustrating sometimes, but the beauty of it is that while you still got the job do ur best to deliver. it was after i lost mine dat i realise dat stress is part of the un of the job. So guys hold on to what you have,
Re: Bankers' Forum by otuwe(f): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2008
THE BEST BANK TO BE IN RIGHT NOW IS BANK PHB[size=pt][/size]

DID U HEAR OF THE LATEST REVIEW

MANAGERS NOW EARN 14M

WHAO

AND INSTEAD ZENITH IS CUTTING SALARY

BIG LAFF
Re: Bankers' Forum by ahmedng: 10:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
Me i no fit shout oohh!!, i no dey complain cos is not easy to taste the unemployment market.THANK GOD FOR JAR FOR GIVEN ME A JOB
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2008
Sorry please for interferring undecided kiss

But could you guys throw more lights on fixed deposit interest calculations. I think the rating differs from bank to bank. For GTB bank, a deposit of 100k to 1million . . .attracts an annual interest rate of 8.5% for 30days etc. & I discovered that as the day increases beyond 30days e.g. 45days, 60days, 90days etc the percentage decreases shocked. Does it mean that they do not encourage long-time deposit or what?. Morealso, for how long can you advise someone to operate a fixed deposit. Someone needs to be enlightened plzzzzzzz. wink
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 16, 2008
A friend needs the information tongue

Are there no longer bankers here? plzzz. cry. Thank you.
Re: Bankers' Forum by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hi all,

I am a Secretary by profession and I would like to work in a bank. Pls keep me posted if there is VACANCY FOR SECRETARY/PERSONAL ASSISTANT in the bank you work. Thank you.
Re: Bankers' Forum by ehie007(m): 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2008
pls which is the best bank to work with.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Julianah(f): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2008
HELLO
OlowoTee
Look through the interest rate very well.the longer the fixed deposit the higher the interest rate, except you want to call off the deposit. visit the customer service dept of any nearest bank for detailed information
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
ok, thank you Julie.
Re: Bankers' Forum by tessybaby(f): 8:32am On Jan 31, 2008
hi bankers
Re: Bankers' Forum by dsa(m): 8:07am On Feb 12, 2008
Please can anyone give me information on FCMB Pre-employment test coming up on Saturday this week?

Thanks.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Oyin2(f): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2008
hi, dsa, i also need that info.
were you sent a text message? cos the mail that was sent to me said that i should bring along my phone showing the text message sent to me.

@all
please anyone with info on bank test please.
Re: Bankers' Forum by dsa(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2008
Hi Oyin

Im still expecting the text message, may be toward the D-day the text will come, i just printed out the mail.

A friend of mine said they normally set questions on shapes, english and reasoning.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Oyin2(f): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2008
thanks dsa. i appreciate. that means its verbal and numerical reasoning test. all da best to you.
Re: Bankers' Forum by dsa(m): 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2008
Oyin

Yes it is well with our souls in Jesus name.

A word of advice: kindly attempt english and missing figures in mathematics before reasoning and shape as this may waste ur time, i learnt its just 30minutes test.

IT IS WELL NO SHAKING!!!
Re: Bankers' Forum by edgecution(m): 1:46pm On Feb 29, 2008
OlowoTee:

Sorry please for interferring undecided kiss

But could you guys throw more lights on fixed deposit interest calculations. I think the rating differs from bank to bank. For GTB bank, a deposit of 100k to 1million . . .attracts an annual interest rate of 8.5% for 30days etc. & I discovered that as the day increases beyond 30days e.g. 45days, 60days, 90days etc the percentage decreases shocked. Does it mean that they do not encourage long-time deposit or what?. Morealso, for how long can you advise someone to operate a fixed deposit. Someone needs to be enlightened plzzzzzzz. wink

you are right , the longer the days the lower the rate- this cos of inherent risks associated with holding funds at a particular rate for too long, the cbn can come up wit their monetary measures anytime and tell me if u give a rate of 12% for a year and within three months bcn ask bank to reduce their rate to 9%, dont u think the depositors probably not want to understand the bank,no matter the explanation.

Julianah:

HELLO
OlowoTee
Look through the interest rate very well.the longer the fixed deposit the higher the interest rate, except you want to call off the deposit. visit the customer service dept of any nearest bank for detailed information

madame , thats not true.
Re: Bankers' Forum by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
edgecution:

you are right , the longer the days the lower the rate- this because of inherent risks associated with holding funds at a particular rate for too long, the cbn can come up wit their monetary measures anytime and tell me if u give a rate of 12% for a year and within three months bcn ask bank to reduce their rate to 9%, don't u think the depositors probably not want to understand the bank,no matter the explanation.

Thank you so much for this reply, I appreciate your response! I actually discovered that the lady on desk(Customer Unit) was being careful to give me full details, Cause it was indeed strange to me when I saw the decline in percentage.

I now know better then, smiley Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.