Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730307 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 12:15am On Mar 08, 2020
Please is there any MasterCard scholar in the house from university of Pretoria I need guidance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shogunley: 5:06am On Mar 09, 2020
Please what's the least amount to be on statement of account to be presented at SA embassy for a PhD studies self sponsor. The school is UKZN
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:21am On Mar 09, 2020
OgidiOlu3:
Hello guys, please how long does it take on average for critical skills visa to be processed after submission. I really need this info to make a decision.

Thanks.

It varies from 6 weeks to 6 months. The deciding factors aren't properly defined though. A couple of years back, some of my friends got it in less than 2 weeks and just last year, another friend of mine had to withdraw his passport after 7months of no response. Interestingly I got mine exactly 3months after I applied (also last year). So it is not defined but my advise is that you make your application full proof and send constant reminder weekly (maybe after 6-8weeks of no response).

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:24am On Mar 09, 2020
dende3:

If u re the one paying for the trip .I advice u have over 1M in your account unless u have a south African sponsor .I mean documentation to support your visa application
In my last application I discovered south African consulate like good bank account

Boss, those people can be interestingly inconsistent sometimes. Someone close to me only had about NGN300k in his account (sponsored himself ooo) and he still got it. Maybe because he works with a SA affiliated company in Nigeria sha. But like you said, it's good to play safe and have enough cash reflect in the bank account statement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2020
Olelor:
Please is there any way I can fast track my student visa application Plus how does MasterCard scholarship works in University of Pretoria?

Some email addresses have been shared on this forum. I'd suggest you send them an email. I assure you that it works (atleast most of the time). All the best Sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nonkala: 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
SO I applied wt my son for SA visa and was refused on the ground of previously deported when have never been to SA or deported from another country so it’s a false accusation.
I sent an email asking for a proof dat I ve been deported and was asked to reapply wt d mail I sent.
I replied telling them I can never reapply and if dey don’t look into my first application, dey wld hear from my lawyer if dey don’t do the right thing.

Pls What’s ur opinion on this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
just got SA visa today delivered by courier after just 5 days , this was the 4th time I applied and I am happy I finally got it.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shogunley: 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
In need of response please
shogunley:
Please what's the least amount to be on statement of account to be presented at SA embassy for a PhD studies self sponsor. The school is UKZN
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
shogunley:
In need of response please

With the little knowledge I have, Phd programme at ukzn is free and they are aware of that. So if you have something close to 600k, you are good to go.

Don’t let me make mouth because I am still expecting response from them. Just at the 6th week.

Those that have been granted and rejected can shed more light.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kizonero(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Congratulations bro. Happy you got it at last.

What type of Visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrewbaba44: 8:32am On Mar 10, 2020
saintobi009:
just got SA visa today delivered by courier after just 5 days , this was the 4th time I applied and I am happy I finally got it.

Did you get it the first 3 times you applied ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nonkala: 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Pls can anyone advice me on this
Thanks
Nonkala:
SO I applied wt my son for SA visa and was refused on the ground of previously deported when have never been to SA or deported from another country so it’s a false accusation.
I sent an email asking for a proof dat I ve been deported and was asked to reapply wt d mail I sent.
I replied telling them I can never reapply and if dey don’t look into my first application, dey wld hear from my lawyer if dey don’t do the right thing.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hey Nonkala,

There's no point threatening them. I mean, they hold all the cards and power here.

I'll suggest you bury the hatchet and reapply as advised. And don't make any reference to the earlier reason you were denied.

Just do a fresh application and hope for the best this time.

Best wishes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Nonkala:

WordFamous:
Hey Nonkala,

There's no point threatening them. I mean, they hold all the cards and power here.

I'll suggest you bury the hatchet and reapply as advised. And don't make any reference to the earlier reason you were denied.

Just do a fresh application and hope for the best this time.

Best wishes

I think you should reapply and make a reference to their speculation if you're very convinced that you have never been deported before.

"You had previously applied but was refused a visa because the consulate suspects that you have been deported before. However, you'd like to mention that in your travel experience you have visited x countries but have never overstayed your visa and never been deported from any country. You believe that the suspicion may have been an error and you look forward to their kind reconsideration of your application."

SA claims to treat every application as new but I don't think this is entirely the case.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kenseT: 9:24am On Mar 13, 2020
Good Morning House ,
Please, where can i make a verifiable hotel reservation
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hi guys thanks for your responses but I would like to know whether this corona virus thing is affecting issuance of visa at south African embassy? Does any one has an idea?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
Olelor:
Hi guys thanks for your responses but I would like to know whether this corona virus thing is affecting issuance of visa at south African embassy? Does any one has an idea?
. I think is virtually affecting all applications bro. Not only sa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vickero: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hello guys please I am in SA currently .I arrived here 10 days ago but from the look of things I would not be done until friday and my visa expires on Tuesday.Any advice or guidance on how to extend my visa to cover me till Friday if that is even possible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
vickero:
Hello guys please I am in SA currently .I arrived here 10 days ago but from the look of things I would not be done until friday and my visa expires on Tuesday.Any advice or guidance on how to extend my visa to cover me till Friday if that is even possible?

Best advise
Return to naija
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ruthiegal: 6:20am On Mar 16, 2020
vickero:

Extension of visa while in SA takes at least 30 days to come out. I know this coz my mom came visiting and we applied for an extension for her in January but it came out in March. So best advice go back home otherwise if you stay, you’d be banned for 5 years when you leave.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
Good afternoon my people

Please is there anyone studying at The University of Venda, Thohoyandou at Limpopo province?

You may drop your number or dm..

I urgently need your kind support. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
tataiwo09:
Good afternoon my people

Please is there anyone studying at The University of Venda, Thohoyandou at Limpopo province?

You may drop your number or dm..

I urgently need your kind support. Thanks

Help pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hi guys, this forum has been so silent. Has anyone gotten visas or their passports this week? Anyone?

Also, what's the situation in SA now. Is it advisable to travel to SA, say for vacation if granted visa?

Let's keep the conversations flowing people...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Plebian(f): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nonkala:

what courier pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Plebian(f): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
vickero:
I need you help with a package, pls pls am desperate if coming to Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2020
guys please I am not able to do flight reservation on SAA website , who else has experienced this or what else can I do. it is asking to make payment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incredible091: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2020
hello house. Who is in Pretoria Let's link up
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2020
I received a mail yesterday to pick my Passport. I was given Study Permit till 2021 December. Thank you to all of you that guided me in the process. Meanwhile my admission maybe deferred because of corona virus. Thank you all

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:
I received a mail yesterday to pick my Passport. I was given Study Permit till 2021 December. Thank you to all of you that guided me in the process. Meanwhile my admission maybe deferred because of corona virus. Thank you all

Please when did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.