Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727285 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Arrihinius(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
fazbuk:

Yes you can use your SOR but try to Certified it as true copy

Plus the SAQA evaluation is around 2020 Rand
Thanks so much I really appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lamestika(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Please house I have girl who asked me to come over to South Africa tell me she will help me with permit she asked me to come down with police report I want to ask how possible is it
Can someone change status or which permit am I to take in order to stay little while in the country. How much is the cost of permit now please help give inquiry on this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gattyrhymes: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Unable to make payment for SAQA for sometimes now

After inputting my payment card details, it redirects me to the Saqa platform again but pops up (hmmm, we can't reach this page)

House, kindly help with possible solutions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayonite92(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2020
Good morning guys,
From the readings so far on people's comments.
Please I want to make enquiry concerning SAQA certication. What is the assurance of having grade 8 (base on SAQA grading) to study MSc with a result of 4.30/5.00 CGPA from EKSU in Industrial Chemistry (a 4 years course).

Will be happy to hear back.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
ayonite92:
Good morning guys,
From the readings so far on people's comments.
Please I want to make enquiry concerning SAQA certication. What is the assurance of having grade 8 (base on SAQA grading) to study MSc with a result of 4.30/5.00 CGPA from EKSU in Industrial Chemistry (a 4 years course).

Will be happy to hear back.

Thanks in anticipation.
Your chances are high ,however try to locate supervisors

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
lamestika:
Please house I have girl who asked me to come over to South Africa tell me she will help me with permit she asked me to come down with police report I want to ask how possible is it
Can someone change status or which permit am I to take in order to stay little while in the country. How much is the cost of permit now please help give inquiry on this
Check the embassy for the cost of visas . You cannot change status with a visitor visa .The study ,work or volunteer visa route remain a better option .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Fully funded.
The school email well written .Contact them
CANDIDATES - 2021 INTAKE

Eligibility

The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences's call for applications is open from the 15th of June to 31 July 2020 and will recruit for full-time PhD scholarship positions, funded by the Graduate School to a maximum of R138 000 per year for three years. The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.

Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:

A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master's degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master's programmes.
Candidates must be under forty years of age when the programme commences in January.
Only applications in one of the Faculty's Research Themes will be considered.
All students who meet the above criteria will be considered.

Application process - GEM Scholarships

Follow these steps to apply for the 2021 cohort of the Graduate School:

Read the criteria for eligibility stated above.
Fill in the Application form
You will be required to write a letter motivating your suitability for the scholarship (maximum length: one A4 page), as well as a research concept note (no maximum length) on one or more selected research topics or problems which you intend to study in the course of your doctoral programme. These should be completed on the application form in the relevant sections.
Please consult the 2020 Research Themes to guide you in choosing a research topic. Research topics outside the listed research themes can be accommodated only if it falls within the current research themes that are active in one of the Faculty's academic departments.
Please note that scholarships can only be awarded where the Faculty is able to appoint a suitable supervisor for the topic to be studied.
Submission of an application does not guarantee entry. There are limited scholarships available and awards are made on a competitive basis.
Please ensure that your three references are informed that their referee reports stating your capability to complete doctoral studies should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email (GEM@sun.ac.za) on or before 31 July 2020.
Send your completed application form electronically to: GEM@sun.ac.za
Due to the large number of applications recieved, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by the 16th of October 2020, the application should be considered as unsuccessful.

The new intake of PhD will commence their studies on the 20th of January 2021.

Graduate School Office contact details

Email: GEM@sun.ac.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
lamestika:
How will she help you sir ? Most South Africans do not know anything about immigration process .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cooldragon: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
What if he gets married to her

samtol4:
Check the embassy for the cost of visas . You cannot change status with a visitor visa .The study ,work or volunteer visa route remain a better option .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Try it once or else,you will be debited twice...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
samtol4:
I need advice too on this...graduated with a CGPA of 3.74/5.00 (5years) from Lautech
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 8:42am On Aug 03, 2020
Hello.
I need assistance on how to get a certificate of conduct.
Can police report be used in lieu of this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2020
An excerpt from a punch report states "“For Lagos to London flight, you will not need the COVID-19 result but why we are asking for it is for the safety of the rest of the passengers.”
Meanwhile, the official at FlyBoku, said, “The one we did (on July 31) was from Johannesburg to Lagos. For now, we don’t have Lagos to Johannesburg.”
On the Fly Boku flyer obtained by our correspondent, the fare charged for South Africa to Lagos was $1,250."

Full report here: https://punchng.com/covid-19-charter-airlines-defy-flight-ban-fly-rich-nigerians-abroad/

Who has any info on flights to SA please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
For All Africans
The Standard Bank Group bursary fund considers undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Bursary beneficiaries will be required to work for Standard Bank if in the event they receive an offer of employment by the Bank upon graduation.

Selection Criteria

Applicants should be well-rounded with strong academic results in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at a registered University.

Minimum selection criteria:

Applicants should be in their second year of studies or later.
Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
Applicants must be registered for full time undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the University
Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
Financial need is considered in applications.
You can apply using one of the following options:

Please note: All 2020 applications are closed. 2021 applications open from 1 April to 30 September 2020
Mail: Write a letter containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: Standard Bank Bursary Programme, Studietrust, Private Bag X16, Braamfontein 2017
Email: Send an email explicitly requesting a Standard Bank bursary application form, and containing your name, surname and a valid postal address and postal code to: apply@studietrust.org.za
SMS: Sms the word STANDARD, your name, surname, postal address and postal code to 31022.
Website application: Fill in an online application form on: www.studietrust.co.za
Enquiries can be directed to Susan Dube at Susan.Dube@standardbank.co.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashiwaju11(m): 4:01am On Aug 06, 2020
080bjaked:
An excerpt from a punch report states "“For Lagos to London flight, you will not need the COVID-19 result but why we are asking for it is for the safety of the rest of the passengers.”
Meanwhile, the official at FlyBoku, said, “The one we did (on July 31) was from Johannesburg to Lagos. For now, we don’t have Lagos to Johannesburg.”
On the Fly Boku flyer obtained by our correspondent, the fare charged for South Africa to Lagos was $1,250."

Full report here: https://punchng.com/covid-19-charter-airlines-defy-flight-ban-fly-rich-nigerians-abroad/

Who has any info on flights to SA please?

...As per when South African international flights might resume, see the below scenarios predicting when their airspace will open up. [img][/img]

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mariachioma: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hi house, can I send my statement of result and certificate to SAQA without my school sending transcript to them? Or I have to send statement of result, certificate while my school send them transcript. Please I need clarification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 12:17am On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=Mariachioma post=92569890]Hi house, can I send my statement of result and certificate to SAQA without my school sending transcript to them? Or I have to send statement of result, certificate while my school send them transcript. Please I need clarification.
There is a lockdown mode of application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 12:18am On Aug 08, 2020
There is a lockdown mode of application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haiti007(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2020
samtol4:

Hi sir, I and my mummy have been thinking about sending me to SA for my undergraduate program next year.

But the challenge is that, I have been searching the university of Pretoria website to get relevant information and requirements for international students but I couldn't get any. I tried their twitter handle too but I got no response.

Please sir, what are the things I need to put in place or the exam I need to sit for in preparation for my next year's application.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rimijoshua(m): 3:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Be careful,when you are paying online for SAQA to avoid being debited twice.
Just click once.
Take note.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haiti007(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
ashiwaju11:

Hi,
All the information, particularly the application requirements you need is online. The application form is also fully online. To be considered for admission, you need to apply before the 30th of August. Check the link I posted below, and look for the heading titled 'Procedure for International Students'. Follow the instructions. If anything is unclear, reach the school via the phone number and email address of their Client Service Centre published on the page. Good luck!
[url]https://www.up.ac.za/eece/article/2507838/postgraduate-admission-registration#:~:text=Procedure%20for%20International%20Students,their%20registration%20will%20be%20finalised.[/url]

Sir, that's a postgraduate procedure. Please, can I get an the link for the undergraduate admission

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haiti007(m): 12:15am On Aug 15, 2020
ashiwaju11:

I'll call UP on your behalf next week and feedback to you but please tell me what undergrad course you plan to study at Tuks and any other specific question you might want to be answered. The faculty should be responsible for providing all the information necessary for admission into the program you are interested in.

Thank you very much sir, I appreciate your kind act.
I'm actually going for nursing.
I'm new to this so I want to know the exams I'll be taking here from Nigeria.

I'll like to know the tuition fee and other related expenses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haiti007(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2020
ashiwaju11:

Hi there,
Nursing falls under the Faculty of Health Sciences at UP. I believe you are interested in the Bachelor of Nursing Science, which is a 4 year study program at their School of Healthcare Sciences. Unfortunately, admissions for Faculty of Health Sciences is closed for the 2021 study period. It closed on the 31st of May.

Moreover, I found the undergrad prospectus for the Faculty of Health Sciences. Please look through the Bachelor of Nursing Science program information and see if it has answers to your questions. https://www.up.ac.za/media/shared/8/fb-health-sciences-2017-18-pdf10-final-05.12.2016.zp104610.pdf

In respect to your request for tuition fees and other related fees. See this link for the 2021 undergrad tuition fees https://www.up.ac.za/student-fees/article/2735910/undergraduate-tuitionfees-per-faculty ......and also this link for their 2021 Residence Fees https://www.up.ac.za/student-fees/article/2736000/residence-fees. These fees will give you an idea of the cost estimates you need.

Meanwhile, UP requires a National Benchmarking Test (NBT) before admission into the Nursing program is confirmed. But due to the impact of Covid, UP has suspended the NBT test for the 2021 admissions.

https://www.up.ac.za/juniortukkie/article/259269/national-benchmark-test-nbt

[url]https://www.up.ac.za/media/shared/688/Closing%20dates/up_closing-dates-2020-final-03.12.2018.zp166322.pdf[/url]

You may also want to check the University of Johannesburg's Faculty of Health Sciences prospectus as an alternative option for your nursing program. Their admission process is still available until the 30th of September by 12 noon.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Okay sir, thank you. I'll look into it and feed you back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2020
haiti007:

Okay sir, thank you. I'll look into it and feed you back
Let me give you a candid advice. The chances of getting into UP undergraduate medical programs as an international student is as good as none so don’t even start wasting your money and effort. Such programs are for SA citizens and residents and very limited space, I mean limited to SADC candidates. The only chance you’ll have in getting into a medical school here is if you reside In SA, or come here and register to write their matric exams.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by haiti007(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Samtoog:

Let me give you a candid advice. The chances of getting into UP undergraduate medical programs as an international student is as good as none so don’t even start wasting your money and effort. Such programs are for SA citizens and residents and very limited space, I mean limited to SADC candidates. The only chance you’ll have in getting into a medical school here is if you reside In SA, or come here and register to write their matric exams.

Thank you sir. That has been my concern, I saw something similar in their website hence my coming here for clarification.
Maybe I will have to look into other options as coming there may cost more than budgeted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.