Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students (15075 Views)

Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers / Gej Orders Compulsory Entrepreneurship Course For All Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On May 23, 2012
Opoki:
very well said but do we really need the office of the precisency to issue such directive not to talk of setting up a panel to look into it. Why do the have VC, Den of Deans, Dean of faculties, HOD's, etc? True, there is corruption but not everyone is completely corrupt.
I remembered very well that in Ife there is always a verification process done during and admission process and in 300L anyone caught will not even be called upon to defend his case!

According to your leaders, all those are unqualified too . . . . Lol
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bontee: 7:03pm On May 23, 2012
Opoki:
very well said but do we really need the office of the precisency to issue such directive not to talk of setting up a panel to look into it. Why do the have VC, Den of Deans, Dean of faculties, HOD's, etc? True, there is corruption but not everyone is completely corrupt.
I remembered very well that in Ife there is always a verification process done during and admission process and in 300L anyone caught will not even be called upon to defend his case!

The university staff where suppose to take care of this so how will unqualified students gain entry if it has not been compromised from the inside?. The president is asking the ministry of education as an external body to fix it because the problem stems from the internal admission process. The corruption in that country stinks to high heavens and runs down through the veins of every individual there and even unborn babies self. shocked
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Chanchit: 7:10pm On May 23, 2012
I think GEJ is spot on, on this issue, cos i know someone in that school that did not even bother to do jamb....
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by greatlee(m): 7:14pm On May 23, 2012
lol, has he suddenly forgotten his duties? where is the education minister?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bontee: 7:16pm On May 23, 2012
greatlee: lol, has he suddenly forgotten his duties? where is the education minister?

You can see that he ordered the education minster so i don't know why you are asking for the education minister.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Opoki(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2012
Bontee:

The university staff where suppose to take care of this so how will unqualified students gain entry if it has not been compromised from the inside?. The president is asking the ministry of education as an external body to fix it because the problem stems from the internal admission process. The corruption in that country stinks to high heavens and runs down through the veins of every individual there and even unborn babies self. shocked
But will this method brings an end to the so called "Unqualified" students from gaining admission?
Will this same committee be set-up in hundreds of Universities all around the country? I think it would have been better if those NASU staffs admitting the said "Unqualified" student are arrested, have their name printed on National Dailes and dismissed from service without entitlement to serve as deterrant to others and also put in place scientific method of check-mating this act in other institution.
Not by setting-up a committee!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by magicfrogg: 7:23pm On May 23, 2012
He's a stupid dog. What's d yardstick for good student!
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 23, 2012
sammirano:

you post displayed how ignorant and thoughtless you are, because matters like this shouldn't on the top priority list of the president of the U.S which everything there is set he is just maintaining the country not to talk of the president of Nigeria who boko haram is trying to seize the country from him.

There is no indication whatsoever to show that this issue is on the "top" priority list of Mr. President. It might be trivial, yet that issue of University of Abuja is an embarrassment to the Federal Govt which incidentally is also in Abuja. It rather shows that the man is down to earth.

If you believe that this goverment and her security agencies are not doing something about Boko haram, then you definitely believe that since 11th September, 2001 when Osama bombed the US, that the Us governments never did anything about Osama/Alqaeda until he was recently killed.

Also, Boko haram is not trying to seize the country from Mr. President because the country is not his personal property. We all know what has been happening in Nigeria since it was invented by Lord Luggard, blaming Jonathan for the crimes against humanity committed by the Jihardists is pure irresponsibility. The butchery industry of Northern Nigeria did not start with Jonathan and will not stop with him. Mohammed the founder of Islam butchered, Usman Dan Fodio the father of Islam in Nigeria butchered, and the story continues. That is why some of us want us to come together and renegotiate Nigeria.

As for my "ignorant and thoughtless", I sincerely apologize.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by canuck(m): 7:29pm On May 23, 2012
JAMB/UME
V
UniAbuja Admissions Officers
V
UniAbuja Registry
V
Heads of Dept
V
Dean of Faculty
V
Univ. Senate
V
Vice Chancellor
V
Perm Sec of Ed. Ministry
V
Minister of Ed.
V
President & C-in-C

At least 9 layers of authority failed, and the 10th authority, the President of a whole nation, has to step in to ensure expulsion of unqualified students?!

How can we progress when the President that should be consumed with big, strategic matters of the nation concerns himself with petty matters like dishonest university students.

This is serious o!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 23, 2012
Opoki:

When the school administration has failed, the President is right to remind them their duties.

In Rivers State, Amechi sacked Principals who came late to school.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by pdpiperpippen: 7:29pm On May 23, 2012
Flush the students out, we need fresh air in uni Abj! grin
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 23, 2012
canuck: JAMB/UME
V
UniAbuja Admissions Officers
V
UniAbuja Registry
V
Heads of Dept
V
Dean of Faculty
V
Univ. Senate
V
Vice Chancellor
V
Perm Sec of Ed. Ministry
V
Minister of Ed.
V
President & C-in-C

At least 9 layers of authority failed, and the 10th authority, the President of a whole nation, has to step in to ensure expulsion of unqualified students?!

How can we progress when the President that should be consumed with big, strategic matters of the nation concerns himself with petty matters like dishonest university students.

This is serious o!

Mr. Presidents action is an indictment on the entire University Authority.
Mind you, this is what is going on our campuses. Perhaps, this action might ignite a wave that will cause these people to sit up.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Claumy2(m): 7:34pm On May 23, 2012
[quote author=noblezone]I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

It was during Abacha and Mamam Kantangora was appointed as sole administrator of ABU.

some of corper mates who graduated from ABU, was recalled from their locations to be informed that they were never students of ABU let alone Youth Corpers.

Admission racket was going on (and it is still going on). Students who did not get the required minimum credits end up getting admitted. This is part of the problem, our admin officers and lecturers are so corrupt that Unqualified candidates are admitted. Such students are easy recruits to cultism and all manner of junks we find in our schools today.

I think Mr. President wants to get us back on track. I commend him for this and I wish him and his team well. may they succeed in their dream to get Nigeria back on track.

As for most comments, I have concluded that most of nairaland users are just kids. If not in age, then kids in their mind. I have stated it loud and clear that corruption is not only at the seat of governments. Today, parents pay mercenaries to write exam for their children, and if care is not taken, such children are here on Nairaland, discussing "National Politics". It is a shame.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Claumy2(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone: I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

It was during Abacha and Mamam Kantangora was appointed as sole administrator of ABU.

some of corper mates who graduated from ABU, was recalled from their locations to be informed that they were never students of ABU let alone Youth Corpers.

Admission racket was going on (and it is still going on). Students who did not get the required minimum credits end up getting admitted. This is part of the problem, our admin officers and lecturers are so corrupt that Unqualified candidates are admitted. Such students are easy recruits to cultism and all manner of junks we find in our schools today.

I think Mr. President wants to get us back on track. I commend him for this and I wish him and his team well. may they succeed in their dream to get Nigeria back on track.

As for most comments, I have concluded that most of nairaland users are just kids. If not in age, then kids in their mind. I have stated it loud and clear that corruption is not only at the seat of governments. Today, parents pay mercenaries to write exam for their children, and if care is not taken, such children are here on Nairaland, discussing "National Politics". It is a shame.

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Opoki(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone:

When the school administration has failed, the President is right to remind them their duties.

In Rivers State, Amechi sacked Principals who came late to school.
Fact is i like your comments and the way you've channel it but my Big question is will this bring an end to the so-called "Unqualified" student from gaining admission bact into the same school? Why do we address the cause? If the NASU are so under-paid that they turned their office to beggers/runs spot, increase their pay/allowance and if not Sack them and have their names printed, release a memo to all faculties, Colleges even hall of residence stating reasons why the above named staffs are sacked, i bet it with you no one will attempt admitting "Unqualified" student @least for the time being!
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 23, 2012
magicfrogg: He's a stupid dog. What's d yardstick for good student!

Your post is very interesting>

First, I don't know whether you digested the directive or you just allowed your fingers to type anything that cane to your mind.

He did not ask them to remove "bad" students (opposite of your "good students"wink, but rather, unqualified students who "got" admission through he back door.

For example, If a department requires 5 credits and someone with 3 credits still get admitted, such a person is unqualified and must be sacked.

Emm, did you say "a stupid dog"? Wow, I admire your attitude of stating it the way you feel, but honestly your choice of words speaks volume of your personality. For God's sake this place is a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by werepeLeri: 7:39pm On May 23, 2012
Most people in here are extremely daft.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Claumy2(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2012
Yes. I want to believe with you that most of the nairalanders are product of exam mal-practice. Their parents sponsored them... Too bad. Just that we are yet to have sincere people pioneering the affairs of this country.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by 9zeros(m): 7:51pm On May 23, 2012
akinwaleok:

yeye man, let him flush boko haram first before the unqualified students. He was once unqualified student
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by olyivy(f): 8:02pm On May 23, 2012
werepeLeri: Most people in here are extremely daft.
About 98% of them are kids.

What do you expect from kids who sneak into their daddy's room just to insult GEJ, thats their new twitter!
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bontee: 8:04pm On May 23, 2012
Opoki:
But will this method brings an end to the so called "Unqualified" students from gaining admission?
Will this same committee be set-up in hundreds of Universities all around the country? I think it would have been better if those NASU staffs admitting the said "Unqualified" student are arrested, have their name printed on National Dailes and dismissed from service without entitlement to serve as deterrant to others and also put in place scientific method of check-mating this act in other institution.
Not by setting-up a committee!

It is a stop gap solution and an urgent action to address the present situation which we are discussing here. Your suggestions are very much in line and that's the job of the education authority in charge of managing the education sector to make provisions for such cases and appropriate remedies for any sub-venture of the system. I do not see what is wrong in setting up a committee or how would you have done it if your were the president.

The committee, group or team will be set up by the education ministry at no extra cost as their work has already been budgeted for to carry out such duties. Committee is a right step for me as i believe they will not rest on this case but make provisions to check future occurrence and benchmark the entire education industry to evaluate the spread of such cases.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by unbiasedjudge(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2012
GEJ, start from your home,then to your cabinet, to the Cabals and descend later on students.
A weak government only fights the weak ones in the society. You suck.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Claumy2(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2012
The most unfortunate thing happening to Nigeria education sector is the rate at which private secondary schools are been approved by the government. Most of them (in Abia State) hardly have qualified teachers, class rooms, laboratories, library just to mention a few, except for carrying out gross exam mal-practice during WAEC and NECO EXAMINATIONS. I pity the future generation. The fact remains that about 80% of the students in our tertiary institutions are 'NOT' qualified.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by rabzy01: 8:07pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone:
Also, Boko haram is not trying to seize the country from Mr. President because the country is not his personal property. We all know what has been happening in Nigeria since it was invented by Lord Luggard, blaming Jonathan for the crimes against humanity committed by the Jihardists is pure irresponsibility. The butchery industry of Northern Nigeria did not start with Jonathan and will not stop with him. Mohammed the founder of Islam butchered, Usman Dan Fodio the father of Islam in Nigeria butchered, and the story continues...
This shows that you're as dumb as Jonadumb. Ignorant but yet arrogant. Where did you learn that Dan Fodio is the father of Islam in Nigeria? Tell me when did they butchered your father? Here you are arguing with whom you called children but yet you can't make your point to conviance them. Please defend your incompetent president if you can. If you have anything against islam go to the religion section and post or start a new thread on that. Ignoramus.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Orikinla(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2012
musKeeto: This GEJs got more imaginary enemies than MFM members..

grin
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by otokx(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2012
There is more to all this.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by gegee(m): 8:50pm On May 23, 2012
Danka7777: Another way to chop money. Kai Nigeria! Set up committees? What you guys don't know is that the presidency has already calculated to make 2billion from this. Ask me how? These unqualified students who presumably bribed their way into college, will now have to bribe these committees members, and the these committees members will then turn around and remit half of the bribes to the presidency. This is Niger for you! Money circulation
all this 1 happen only inside ur head yet u go open ur mouth dey talk like say na fact *SMH* nigeria's problem is more than wat we think
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by tete7000(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2012
The person to which the other was directed understood the president. Did she complain? Na wa for nigerians
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 23, 2012
So what happens to the unqualified president?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by tete7000(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2012
The person to which the order was directed understood the president. Did she complain? Na wa for nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTO Admission Screening 2016:eligibility & Registration Details Announced / 2020 NLNG SIWES Application Portal Is Now Open Apply Now End 13th November 2019 / 2016/2017 Best Subject Combination For Mass Communication In JAMB UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.