Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students (15073 Views)

Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers / Gej Orders Compulsory Entrepreneurship Course For All Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by tete7000(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2012
The person to which the order was directed understood the president. Or did she complain? Na wa 4 these nigerians self.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone: I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

It was during Abacha and Mamam Kantangora was appointed as sole administrator of ABU.

some of corper mates who graduated from ABU, was recalled from their locations to be informed that they were never students of ABU let alone Youth Corpers.

Admission racket was going on (and it is still going on). Students who did not get the required minimum credits end up getting admitted. This is part of the problem, our admin officers and lecturers are so corrupt that Unqualified candidates are admitted. Such students are easy recruits to cultism and all manner of junks we find in our schools today.

I think Mr. President wants to get us back on track. I commend him for this and I wish him and his team well. may they succeed in their dream to get Nigeria back on track.

As for most comments, I have concluded that most of nairaland users are just kids. If not in age, then kids in their mind. I have stated it loud and clear that corruption is not only at the seat of governments. Today, parents pay mercenaries to write exam for their children, and if care is not taken, such children are here on Nairaland, discussing "National Politics". It is a shame.

Nigeria is the way it is because of GEJ and his predecessors. As embarrassing as Nigeria's educational system may be, GEJ needs to wake the hell up and realise that he's governing Nigeria, not the United States. Even President Obama faces criticism for educational reform because people want him focusing on the economy. Nigeria's biggest problems are Boko Haram, corruption, and lack of steady electricity. Corruption isn't in government alone. You're right about corruption in the educational sector, but this isn't the way forward. Not yet. Why has GEJ been putting efforts towards education as of late? Wasn't it last week or so that he told professors to produce good students? He went to Germany and asked the western world to help Nigeria fight Boko Haram, then he came home and has been focusing on the educational sector. Maybe he has forgotten that Boko Haram is plotting major destruction in June. GEJ can't produce good governance, he wasn't a qualified student and he isn't a qualified president. Don't let him deceive you. As he's ordering expulsion of unqualified Uni Abuja students, you're still paying high prices for fuel, GEJ is still eating expensive meals, Boko Haram is still plotting against Nigeria, and someone's light may go any minute from now.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by bones1(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2012
I think the proper question is why does the President of the country have to give an order for this issue to be resolved - what is the Minister of Education doing ?

I would assume this is something which the Minister should have been able to resolve !

One could even argue how is it that the Vice Chancellor could preside over the admission of "un-qualified"students on such a scale that it has now become a national issue ??

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2012
^^^ The answer is simple. No one in Nigerian government knows their roles or job descriptions.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bontee: 9:13pm On May 23, 2012
^^

And thats the fault of . . . . . . ?
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Tropilo(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2012
Danka7777: Another way to chop money. Kai Nigeria! Set up committees? What you guys don't know is that the presidency has already calculated to make 2billion from this. Ask me how? These unqualified students who presumably bribed their way into college, will now have to bribe these committees members, and the these committees members will then turn around and remit half of the bribes to the presidency. This is Niger for you! Money circulation

Kai u sabi think o! No wonder im say make dem flush una comot. because anybody wey dey think like dis, allah d person no fit get pass 2 credits for WAEC.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by tribalism(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2012
@muib you sound like you are born of a single parent.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Mrs1(m): 9:50pm On May 23, 2012
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by KILLnairaland: 10:02pm On May 23, 2012
.........even if retardeen jonamad is given an 'open book' jamb exam, with his slow and tactless approach;he is going to fail woefully.
Infact, he is a disgrace to ijaw/biafra republic.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Tropilo(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2012
ogugua88: So what happens to the unqualified president?

Please, do not be vexed. Kindly tell us what exactly makes the president unqualified.
I am sure you are a fine lady, please don't join in rubbishing (y)our president for the fun of it or siding people who clown with such silly acts. It does not fit you!
Agreed, he has offended many of us with the fuel, electricity, corruption issues but he's still our President. If you don't have any respect for the occupier, find some for the seat, please.
GOD be with you!
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by rabzy01: 10:21pm On May 23, 2012
ogugua88: So what happens to the unqualified president?
Immediate Expulsion from Aso Rock Villa.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by ebere1712: 10:45pm On May 23, 2012
Privatise universities and make loans available to students (state level). Regulate the schools; only making sure they meet minimum standards. Let those who really want to study go to school. Let the labour market deal with the universities.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by forkadict(m): 11:03pm On May 23, 2012
GEJ is now VICE CHANCELLOR, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

He never function well as presido, he come dey add Vice chancellor job join.

Omo, dis Jona guy daft no be small sha.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Hezzymania(m): 11:22pm On May 23, 2012
speechless...........
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by dedeman: 11:58pm On May 23, 2012
CyberG: Only solution this foooolish president got is: set up committees!!
luk at u dat is nt mature enough to lead ur family is boldly calling d president of ova 150m pple a foolish persomn
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Oluwadare: 12:11am On May 24, 2012
Wait o is there no more appropriate authorities in that school to the extent that mr presido disrepected his office and acted as a vice chancellor again
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by dedeman: 12:11am On May 24, 2012
muib: what is this man saying for God sake?..are u calling students that applied for a program that was advertised on jamb brochure, UNQUALIFIED?. Y was it in d brochure in the first instance when jamb knows that the course are not accreditted.they wrote jamb exam and passed.....is that the best solution he can offer as a president?!..i am a student of uniabuja and i knw d situation on ground..whenever this man talks sometimes,u begin to wonder if he even went to sch at all..we had d ministry gave the sch six months to meet up which is better than what this man that calls himself a president is suggesting
d guity are afraid
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by ZUBY77(m): 3:51am On May 24, 2012
Committee president. Always confused. He will soon appoint ateke tom as vc
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 4:21am On May 24, 2012
Tropilo: Please, do not be vexed. Kindly tell us what exactly makes the president unqualified.
I am sure you are a fine lady, please don't join in rubbishing (y)our president for the fun of it or siding people who clown with such silly acts. It does not fit you!
Agreed, he has offended many of us with the fuel, electricity, corruption issues but he's still our President. If you don't have any respect for the occupier, find some for the seat, please.
GOD be with you!

I'm very capable of forming my opinion. I'm not siding with anyone. Just as you said, it does not fit me.

Do you know the meaning of democracy? "Rule of the people". Are people ruling? Which Nigerian is happy with the "progress" GEJ is making? There's absolutely no ruling by people in Nigeria as PDP has turned government into a democratic dictatorship. They fool Nigerians with elections but groom who rules next so as to maximize their benefits.

What makes GEJ unqualified? Well, where do I start? He studied zoology and hydrobiology. He has climbed up the political ladder by luck, excluding his initial election as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa. He was promoted to governor after the prior governor was found guilty of corruption charges. Then, he was selected as VP by Yar'Adua. Then he assumed presidency after Yar'Adua's death. Then, he made Nigerians empty promises and won last year's free and fair elections.

As president, what has he done? Look at the airports he bragged about less than two years ago. He called them functional. The last time I was in Murtala Muhammed Airport, the conveyor belt broke, so men were bringing luggage to the arrivals terminal by hand. Our biggest airport is rundown and nothing to be proud of. I don't even think we can land planes at night in Delta and Enugu. If we can, someone tell me.

Shortly, after the Easter bombings, GEJ went to the north where 400 Almajiri schools were being opened. If GEJ had any clue as to what's in the Nigerian constitution, he would have known he was in violation for promoting a religion, and getting into educational affairs. Why should GEJ be using federal funds on Quranic schools? And, this question goes for the Almajiri schools and the expulsion of Uni of Abuja students, why isn't the ministry of education dealing with these issues?
I beg of GEJ or any member in the current government to tell us what's in the constitution to which they are supposed to abide. Hell, I wish for any of them to give us a detailed outline of what they're supposed to be doing in their positions. For a whole president to ordering expulsion of students in a university, it's beyond appalling.

You should go back and read the achievements for 2011 that he posted on his Facebook and tell me if any of the "achievements" he listed are any of your primary concerns. In an insecure and corrupted nation with rising fuel prices/no light, the average Nigerian could careless about the country's credit rating and his launching of Youth Enterprise Innovation giniwa. If that doesn't tell you the man is clueless, then I don't know what does.

Being president does not make him above-human. If that was the case, then he wouldn't be erring as frequently as he does. Such a man is not even worthy of my respect. GEJ has a flimsy excuse for everything. Maybe you've forgotten when he was pushing for tenure elongation because his cabinet members wouldn't have enough time to assimilate to their new posts. Rather than chase Boko Haram, we were told he would catch perpetrators and bring them to book. As BH's attacks intensified, he told Nigerians to pray and everything will pass. Or maybe when he was interviewed by Aisha Ceesay. She asked him about corruption and he said that 90% of the corruption in Nigeria is committed by non-Nigerians.
Are those acts/qualities of a leader? He should take a look at the people around him before he starts making orders of expulsion of unqualified students. VP Sambo has a BH sponsor as a close friend, who assisted Sambo with his own political aspirations. His wife, English butcher, is the former Minister of Education to Bayelsa State and served as a professor. And he's ordering for the expulsion of the unqualified? I guess you don't see the irony.

Now you must give me reasons as to how he's qualified and why he deserves our respect when he and his cronies habitually slap Nigerians in the face and treat us like we're idiots.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bontee: 4:50am On May 24, 2012
Oluwadare: Wait o is there no more appropriate authorities in that school to the extent that mr presido disrepected his office and acted as a vice chancellor again

And if there is appropriate authority please where were they when unqualified students were entering into the university?. I think people should go and read the constitution well to check the criteria for qualifying to be the president of Nigeria. If anybody wants to get closer to the government then it starts from the local, state and then the federal. So people should focus more on their local government please and they should tell us how they are checking their local government.

How is goodluck the problem of the whole Nigeria or is he the only leader we have?, Goodluck this and Goodluck that. I am sure people don't know that the local government is responsible for electricity in the western climes and so many other things. We can only just blame our problems mostly on the central process of management we have in Nigeria. Stand up tomorrow to change it and you will see the opposition because of selfish interests. I doubt if some people even know the chairman of their local government or councilor representing their ward. Na to blab about the president and PDP, always looking for blame without using this opportunity to suggest or provide solution to the appropriate authority.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by GboyegaD(m): 5:04am On May 24, 2012
Opoki: It seems their VC is dull or they've chosen not to to follow protocol... How? Because any student that has a CGPA below 1 will be chase out through Road 1 in most Universities especially In Ife. Now how come the VC waited for GEJ to tell him to do his job.

And where in the post did you get your conclusion from? This is what is destroying Nigeria, a situation where people believe they are better and conclude without any reasonable fact.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Bertbert: 6:58am On May 24, 2012
musKeeto: This GEJs got more imaginary enemies than MFM members..
grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Walexz02(m): 7:10am On May 24, 2012
Na wa oangry if dem no do am una go complain...now dem don do am una still dey complain*
Afterall GEJ new dt ds students will graduate and bcome thougthless nigerians lyk him grin
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by gulfer: 7:38am On May 24, 2012
If I were GEJ, I'd rather ask for the sack of the entire University's administration. GEJ should face the business of resolving issues of the economy rather than concerning himself with every little bits that have responsible persons or else he should be ready to order the sack of the replacement doctors in Lagos.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2012
^^^ Seriously. He's acting as if those students admitted themselves. If he wants to get involved in university affairs and call for the expulsion of students, then he might as well call for the termination of employment for the people who admitted them as well. Whatever's worth doing is worth doing well. Trickle-down corruption has destroyed Nigeria. Good luck to him fighting the people who made him. Or did he receive MSC and dame receive PhD on merit?
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by ayobase(m): 7:59am On May 24, 2012
musKeeto: This GEJs got more imaginary enemies than MFM members..

So MFM is dis popular?
Cool!

Pls, no derail d thread!
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by meetgaya: 8:05am On May 24, 2012
is it only university of abuja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTO Admission Screening 2016:eligibility & Registration Details Announced / 2020 NLNG SIWES Application Portal Is Now Open Apply Now End 13th November 2019 / 2016/2017 Best Subject Combination For Mass Communication In JAMB UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.