Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33509 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by basadenet: 12:03pm On May 25, 2012
[quote author=lekkie073][/quote]

Mr so call logic mind, there is nothing logical about you instead you are myopic and tribalistic in thinking. You assertion does not reflect the thinking of any yoruba man so if you can contribute or criticize constructively it is better you say off NL.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:05pm On May 25, 2012
The problem with we igbos is that we are too good for our own good. We are always looking out for our brothers even while they stab us in the back.
Did you see the letter Ojukwu sent to that 1diot, Banjo, promising him and the Yorubas their own country. He created two different countries for these so called midwestern minorities. They all turned back against us and aligned themselves with the northern oppressors.
We need to learn to be highly selfish. Our interest should be first and foremost.
I hear people here and there saying that we need these lazy baastards in order to realise Biafra. This is false and an illusion. We don't need them. They can form their own country and make alliances with whomever they want.
2015 please come fast.
(cleaning my gun)

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:07pm On May 25, 2012
basadenet:

Mr so call logic mind, there is nothing logical about you instead you are myopic and tribalistic in thinking. You assertion does not reflect the thinking of any yoruba man so if you can contribute or criticize constructively it is better you say off NL.

I know that Yoruba forum despises constructive criticism but you have to get your moderators to hit the button.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2012
I'm enjoying this thread. Keep it coming. But the question i have for anti-biafrans is: must igbos/biafrans be in the same country with you before you can be great?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2012
Onlytruth: I often frown at "wholesale attacks" against southern minorities on the civil war issue, especially EASTERN minorities, because people like Dede1 should know better about the TRUTH of what happened back then.
Careytommy for example is from Akwa ibom state, and a HUGE chunk of the people from there fought for Biafra and suffered alongside other Biafrans. The Biafran second in command was an Ibibio man. No twisting of history can ever change that. The attack on Careytommy was uncalled for.

As for bbreye, the Ijaw were split too (especially the Eastern Ijaw), so I cannot tongue lash him either.
I wish my brother Dede1 would calm down for once about his views on these groups.
As for the Mid-west, I believe that Biafra failed to do a good job BEFORE the war. The incursion by Biafran special forces (the S- Brigade) was only a defensive offense (after the war had already started), so that is understandable. The strategic damage was done BEFORE the war. Let no one forget that, lest a mistake is repeated.

Every Biafran adult (anyone above 18 years during the war) should make it a DUTY to be very honest about what happened during the war. Today's Nigerian politics shouldn't make anyone twist facts.
I've said my peace.

I would have appreciated it if you had reread my posts and responses to the thread before you posted. Careytommy appeared to be one of the ninnies who would want to be counted for all the wrong reasons about minority ethnic groups in Nigeria. It is rather unfortunate careytommy injected an ethnic group I held in high esteem into this debate. I had to affirm the fact there were eastern region minorities who bore the brunt of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war as do Ndigbo. The Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni and eastern Ijo carried their waters to see that Biafra stood the chance of survival. Believe me I can not forget the efforts made by the members of the aforementioned ethnic groups along with Ndigbo so that we can collectively control our destiny in a country such as Biafra. There is no need to mention names of gallantry military officers and administrators from Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni and eastern Ijo who made utmost sacrifice in the name of Biafra.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by akpanbaba: 12:15pm On May 25, 2012
Just waiting for Nigeria to break.I have the flag and national anthem for my new country already.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind: The problem with we igbos is that we are too good for our own good. We are always looking out for our brothers even while they stab us in the back.
Did you see the letter Ojukwu sent to that 1diot, Banjo, promising him and the Yorubas their own country. He created two different countries for these so called midwestern minorities. They all turned back against us and aligned themselves with the northern oppressors.
We need to learn to be highly selfish. Our interest should be first and foremost.
I hear people here and there saying that we need these lazy baastards in order to realise Biafra. This is false and an illusion. We don't need them. They can form their own country and make alliances with whomever they want.
2015 please come fast.
(cleaning my gun)
(Cleaning ur gun) I pray u don't shoot d uches, okafors, chukwumas, and okadigbos, in ur localty finish before d enemy cometh..
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by basadenet: 12:20pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind: The problem with we igbos is that we are too good for our own good. We are always looking out for our brothers even while they stab us in the back.
2015 please come fast.
(cleaning my gun)

The Igbos are not too good as you claim them to be, they are suppose to be call traitor of the highest order.Now How do you explain a scenario where 3 friends exist and one decided within himself to start something on his own without carrying along one of the 2 remaining friend along. He now call one of the friend when he has problem. If you are such friend would you help such friend?

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:20pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

You are still yet to provide proof, that Biafra killed mid western top officials.

For the avoidance of doubt. Let me repeat that you and your type are hate filled scum, id!ots, bullies, liars and cowards who feel it is easy to revise history and tell lies about minorities, because we make an "easy" target.

[size=14pt]In addition to the scourge and humiliation of the occupation itself, fleeing Biafran soldiers carried out all kinds of unspeakable acts of brutality against the local population (17, 18 ). At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a 'scorched-earth' trail of terror through Benin-West division (14).[/size]

Unfortunately, therefore, temptation to seek revenge against Ibos was very strong shortly after federal troops arrived...

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2012
Obiagu1: Talking about Midwest, it's known that a Biafran contingent lead by Banjo was headed to Lagos and passed through Midwest.
Mission: take the seat of government and end the war. They were stopped at Ore. Republic of Benin was created with no fuss.

Republic of Benin fell so soon and became Nigeria again and was used as a base by Nigerian forces. Fact.
Some of those from Midwest fought alongside Nigerians, thus became enemies of Biafra. Fact.
So Beaf, if your dad was targeted for execution, he must have been working for Nigerian forces so was a high value target/enemy. Fact.

More so, I still don't know how you got into this discussion since the minorities the post you replied to were those within Biafra. Midwesterners were never classified as betrayals by Biafrans because the were never Biafrans. So how would you betray what you are not part of? Now go figure.

very correct.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:22pm On May 25, 2012
lekkie073:
(Cleaning ur gun) I pray u don't shoot d uches, okafors, chukwumas, and okadigbos, in ur localty finish before d enemy cometh..

No. I'll start the nama rearers first.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2012
2015 please come fast.
(cleaning my gun)

Bros, I urge you not to pay any mind to these forgers and dupes. Ojukwu did not write any personal letter to Victor Banjo as commander of 101 division of Biafran army. Please do not help these cowards to make such an unearthly falsehood relevant.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:25pm On May 25, 2012
For those who missed it earlier, my father was to be shot along other Midwest topshots at the time, but he was saved by his driver.
We lost many family friends to the Biafran executions. Their kids grew up fatherless.
Let some phucking hate-filled id!ot come and tell me about their false history in the Midwest invasion and "betrayal."

For reemphasis...

Logic Mind:

You are still yet to provide proof, that Biafra killed mid western top officials.

For the avoidance of doubt. Let me repeat that you and your type are hate filled scum, id!ots, bullies, liars and cowards who feel it is easy to revise history and tell lies about minorities, because we make an "easy" target.

[size=14pt]In addition to the scourge and humiliation of the occupation itself, fleeing Biafran soldiers carried out all kinds of unspeakable acts of brutality against the local population (17, 18 ). At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a 'scorched-earth' trail of terror through Benin-West division (14).[/size]

Unfortunately, therefore, temptation to seek revenge against Ibos was very strong shortly after federal troops arrived...

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 25, 2012
Right now at at swali community in Bayelsa state and we are conducting free HIV/AIDS test for the people through the NYSC/SHF collaboration, THESE PEOPLE ARE LIVING IN POVERTY, inspite of thier abundant oil that is being used to fund Nigeria's budget! For how long are we going to live like this? My solution for Nigeria is this,
Corrupt politicians should be given death sentence
True federalism should be practiced
And some people should stop receiving 90million naira security vote

If these are not met, break up is a must!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:29pm On May 25, 2012
May God punish anybody telling lies and revising history.
People just hear minorities and like all bullies, they want to pick on the smaller guy.

Phuck cowards like logic Mind.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, I urge you not to pay any mind to these forgers and dupes. Ojukwu did not write any personal letter to Victor Banjo as commander of 101 division of Biafran army. Please do not help these cowards to make such an unearthly falsehood relevant.
U r a dumb arsE mofo...go check a copy of d letter inside d warlord's resting place
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:30pm On May 25, 2012
basadenet:

The Igbos are not too good as you claim them to be, they are suppose to be call traitor of the highest order.Now How do you explain a scenario where 3 friends exist and one decided within himself to start something on his own without carrying along one of the 2 remaining friend along. He now call one of the friend when he has problem. If you are such friend would you help such friend?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

But your analogy is partially wrong.
Here is a better one. Two friends are bullied separately by a bigger classmate. One of them decided one day that enough is enough and went to confront the bully. He asked asked his other friend to join him because the two of them could together defeat this big bully and be free. However this other friend was born with cowardice and was afraid. Instead of helping his brave friend confront the bully, he ran and submitted himself to the bully, allied with him to beat up him once best friend. That, my friend, is the ultimate betrayal.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Apesin001: 12:31pm On May 25, 2012
is only BABA GOD can tell.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by adefash(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2012
manny4life: Personally, I don't think so. However, like someone said, I don't think breaking up is the issue, but into how many pieces is the real issue. Also, will the breakup be peaceful or bloody?
Have u ever seen or heard of any peaceful break up? even when lucifer wanted to be free, it wasnt peaceful.
if u have ANY1 in bene republic,ghana or mali u'r better start calling dem to book for a space in their refugee camp.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

Yes of course, ojukwu did not write any letter to banjo but nevertheless we have already seen and heard how

Ojukwu and his rag-tag biafran army, "liberated" the mid-west region and imposed a midwest ibo on the people. Yet some "smart

alecs" expects the yorubas to stand akimbo and watch as the ibos repeat the same feat in yorubaland.

Yes o, you guys are smart.............................by halves.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:33pm On May 25, 2012
Niflheim: my hometown,Bakana,was invaded by igbos,they buried my great uncle alived and they changed the name of our village to an igbo name.now this is the 2nd most painful part.the most painful part is when an igbo man tells you that you should be grateful for all the invasions and beheadings!!!

Don't mind basta'rds like Logic Mind that think they can change history and minorities have no voice.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by JahMan1: 12:35pm On May 25, 2012
So no one can help me?

Please can someone here be benevolent enough to explain what "Niger Delta" means.
When was that word or region born in Nigeria.
What are the constituents (states/tribes/languages)?

Thank you.
Is Niger Delta = South-South?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_Delta
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Cupidkc(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2012
I humbly pray so.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:38pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

You are pathetic. It has turned from "midwestern top officials killed by biafra when they arrived" to "hundreds of midwesterners killed by biafra when they left".
Listening to you, one would think that Biafra was formed with the sole purpose of wiping out the people of mid west. You are swallowing the lies told by your aboki invaders to get you to fight against your brothers.

We passed through your land on our way to Lagos and even gave you a country. Aboki came from the desert to your land, abolished your country and raised a military base from where to attack your brothers. Stole your wealth and distributed amongst themselves. And you call me the invader.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by kinnex(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2012
Seriously, I hate to see Nigeria break-up, abi na split-up.. But if its the way to experience d much desired sanity.. Let's go there..

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2012
@ Op, we yorubas sincerely hope the country breaks up even before 2015 as we are tired of sharing the same

nationality with a bunch of ingrates and long-throats.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:41pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

Thanks for clarifying that. We are all learning.
Even though I would not hold it against him even he did write such letter.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:42pm On May 25, 2012
For fools like Logic Mind and their phucking stories of "betrayal:"

At the point of execution, one of them shouted, “I am a Ghanaian, I am a Ghanaian”. But Aboh people pointed at another one who was looking bemused and dumbfounded and told Col Achuzia that the man was not one of the notorious men. He was accordingly released and the remaining six executed publicly by firing squad. They had enslaved the Community, and abducted wives and young under-aged single females. They looted the people’s property and lived like kings to the detriment of the assignment given them in the war front.

http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui52.htm
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2012
One question for the minorities?? can you tell me what you gained and still gaining from Nigeria?? name one.....forget ogoni people i feel sorry for them....
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Skywalker5(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy: @ Op, we yorubas sincerely hope the country breaks up even before 2015 as we are tired of sharing the same

nationality with a bunch of ingrates and long-throats.

speak for yourself bro. why will you want us to breakup? even though we have problems, we need to find ways which we can all be one and stop the blame game
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:44pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

You are pathetic. It has turned from "midwestern top officials killed by biafra when they arrived" to "hundreds of midwesterners killed by biafra when they left".
Listening to you, one would think that Biafra was formed with the sole purpose of wiping out the people of mid west. You are swallowing the lies told by your aboki invaders to get you to fight against your brothers.

We passed through your land on our way to Lagos and even gave you a country. Aboki came from the desert to your land, abolished your country and raised a military base from where to attack your brothers. Stole your wealth and distributed amongst themselves. And you call me the invader.

Keep making excuses. History is in a thousand and one records. It can't be rewritten.

Pathetic lying fool.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 12:44pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

In addition to the scourge and humiliation of the occupation itself, fleeing Biafran soldiers carried out all kinds of unspeakable acts of brutality against the local population (17, 18 ). At the Urhonigbe Rubber Plantation, for example, hundreds of Midwesterners were summarily shot by regular and militia units which had already blazed a 'scorched-earth' trail of terror through Benin-West division (14).

This is absolute nonsensical conjecture by Nowa Omoigiui. I am a member of the group named NNWDC which took hack writer in Nowa to task by quarrying him to provide an iota of proof either by naming the commander or battalion or brigade that committed said atrocity at the plantain plantation. Nowa was unable as church rat to proffer any clue of Biafrans who committed such act. It was funny Nowa blamed the lack of evidence to the moronic claims on Nigerian’s inability to gather intelligence during the war. It was not surprise to us because if the British did not provide such intelligence gathering capability, Nigeria was dead as a road kill.
When Biafra accused Nigeria of atrocities committed as in the cases of Asaba and Ogba Egbama, Biafra did not only provide the brigade or battalion involved but also the commanding officers of the uints.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Obi Cubanna Shows Off His PVC Ahead Of 25th Election - Photo / Aisha Yesufu To Wike: Your Threat To Kill, Bury IPOB Members Absolute Nonsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.