Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33501 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: why did you stop the northerners from attacking us from your region. They brought the war to your doorstep and you didn't talk.

What a dumb question? How are we suppose to achieve this feat when we can't even get rid of the blood-thirsty

northern troops stationed in our region, then? I know you guys inc. your arrogant and ambitious warlord expected us to revolt

and get slaughtered in the process only for ojukwu to step in and "rescue" us. Now. all can discern why you ibos call

us "cowards" and hate us much more than you hate the north who started the "genocide" on your sorry greedy a.rses.

When you ibos were collaborating with the abokis to have our leaders jailed, which one of you spoke in our defence? When you

ibos in conjunction with your aboki master (NPC) rigged election in our region which led to the loss of many yoruba lives,

which one of you "smart alecs" stood up for us?

Now that you ibos have fallen out with your former master, you want us to put our neck on the line for you. How smart!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 3:23pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

If the civil war was a match between Biafra and people of your cowardly lineage, I can bet my last cent that a freaking dullard such as you would not have been born a Nigerian. The jittery knees of your forbearers had already scampered into Republic of Dahomey on the sighting of drunken soldier from northern region of Nigeria after the murder of the son of soil in Ibadan.

And your ikemba- a man full of intestinal fortitude scampered in the middle of the night, dressed as a

ugly bearded damsel at the sight of the same "jittery-kneed" yoruba officer, known as Adekunle.

Old man, all these e-games is pointless jo but if you truly believe you and your ibo people are capable of winning a war with

the yorubas, phocking "put you money where your mouth is". At least, this time around, there will be no pretext. Just invade

yorubaland and see how far you will get before we wallop your obdurate flat-heads again.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 3:26pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Oh i see!! Your illogical mind believe that we should have stood aside and watch as our young generations

become collateral damages in your war with your former bedfellows. Geez! You guys are just too bloody smart!!! shocked

However, because we chose to protect our kit and kin on our OWN turf, you guys have been calling us "traitors" and "cowards"

ever since.

I meant, yorubaland happened to be geographically, on the way to lagos.

For the rest I refer to this good contribution by dede1
Dede1:

Do not waste your time with people who have remained disingenuously bankrupted. When 3MCDO under the command of Adekunle, a Yoruba, attacked Bonny (Ubani) on July 16, 1967, was the action translated as Yoruba attacking Ijo? No, it was Nigerian troops attacking Biafran enclave.

What have you to say about Adekunle attacking us even before the move to Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

For me, bygones are bygones and I hold nothing against any ethnic group. In fact I've been accused enough times of being "ibo" by several twerps on NL.
What I cannot stand and will never allow, is for anybody to tell hateful lies and play the victim as far as the Midwest war was concerned, whereas the Midwesterners were the victims.

After the Biafran atrocities and escaping execution, my dad also had to run when federal troops came into town; he spent the rest of the war in the village. Luckily the Biafran occupation did not last long. It was an ugly period in the Midwest when life was cheap, my father tells stories of FG troops driving their landrovers over dead bodies with the sound of heads popping under their wheels.

There was nothing called Mid-west war during the civil war. Biafran troops attacked Nigerian territory which was named mid-western region. It is a mark of irredeemable irresponsibility for anybody to make a wild unsubstantiated allegation of atrocity against anybody. It is a shame on any fool who thinks it is right to vomit allegation without a string of truth that can stand the scrutiny of curious minds. Biafran forces were not bunch of unit-less marauders who pillaged countryside. They were regimented unit with insignia on the shoulders depicting battalion and brigade or even division. So it is blatant falsehood for anybody capable of directing foods to his or her mouth instead of the nose to spew crap of atrocity with stating the name of commander, battalion or brigade.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lekkie073(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

And your ikemba- a man full of intestinal fortitude scampered in the middle of the night, dressed as a

ugly bearded damsel at the sight of the same "jittery-kneed" yoruba officer, known as Adekunle.

Old man, all these e-games is pointless jo but if you truly believe you and your ibo people are capable of winning a war with

the yorubas, phocking "put you money where your mouth is". At least, this time around, there will be no pretext. Just invade

yorubaland and see how far you will get before we wallop your obdurate flat-heads again.
Going to lagos, ambushed by ore hunters, ur biafran soldiers r a bunch of disappointment joor
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

What a dumb question? How are we suppose to achieve this feat when we can't even get rid of the blood-thirsty

northern troops stationed in our region, then? I know you guys inc. your arrogant and ambitious warlord expected us to revolt

and get slaughtered in the process only for ojukwu to step in and "rescue" us. Now. all can discern why you ibos call

us "cowards" and hate us much more than you hate the north who started the "genocide" on your sorry greedy a.rses.

When you ibos were collaborating with the abokis to have our leaders jailed, which one of you spoke in our defence? When you

ibos in conjunction with your aboki master (NPC) rigged election in our region which led to the loss of many yoruba lives,

which one of you "smart alecs" stood up for us?

Now that you ibos have fallen out with your former master, you want us to put our neck on the line for you. How smart!!!
so it means that 1. you lack the guts to confront the northern troops even in your region. 2. How were you able to confront biafran troops since you don't have the military might?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Yeah, but Lagos is yorubaland. So you guys are willing to slaughter yorubas in your quest to ransack the

aboki govt which you inadvertently help created?

And who be adekunle then? Adekunle then nor ever since has he been spokeman for the yorubas. Awo and his

advisers who were mandated by the yorubas to look after their affairs have spoken- we do not want war nor are we prepared for

war and at any rate, the war was between two former bedfellows. So wetin kocern us? go fight the north who were killing your

fathers/mothers ati bebelo like eran ileya and not turn my homeland into a theatre of war just because it happens to have the

seat of govt located within though everyone then knows that the actual power resides in sokoto.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Shareboyz(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2012
mbatuku2: Not likely. If there was any likelihood of a breakup, there would have been negotiations and talks going on by now.
my dear, Nigeria will split. Come 2015 or not.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by adeshsam(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2012
come 2015 Nigeria will NOT break.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 3:46pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

There was nothing called Mid-west war during the civil war. Biafran troops attacked Nigerian territory which happened to named mid-western region. It is mark of irredeemable irresponsibility for anybody to make a wild unsubstantiated allegation of atrocity against anybody. It is a shame on any fool who thinks it right vomit allegation without a string of truth that can stand scrutiny of curious minds. Biafran forces were not bunch of unit less marauders who pillaged countryside. They were regimented unit and with insignia on the shoulders depicting battalion and brigade or even division. So it is blatant falsehood for anybody capable of directing foods to his or her mouth instead of the nose to spew crap of atrocity with stating the name of commander, battalion or brigade.

We are getting somewhere at last!
It is really strange that anybody would go about lying that Biafra was "betrayed" by territory which they attacked. Don't you think?
Believe the rest of your bedside stories, sir. But on the day anybody wakes up to tell lies about "betrayal" from the Midwest who were Biafra's unfortunate victims, I'll be right here to pop common sense and truth into their sordid minds and pop out their left eye with logical left hooks and intellectually wicked uppercuts.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mjconcept(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2012
After going through the bombardment and deadly venom that proceed from your minds I have the following to say:
LOGIC MIND AND DEDE1 > who will govern biafra? Is it not our present corrupt,selfish,devilish,self-centered morons who think only for themselves will govern us, if you think I'm lying look at our present states we craw like snails.

BEAF> If not I have known you as a mentally disabled person I would have called you a lunatic because you said alot of things but 90% of them make no sense at all.
BITTYEND,T9KSY,LEKKIE07> the three of you makes little sense but in a highly tribalized tone.

In general, Nigeria is a great nation what we lack is good leadership and that good leadership will be a reality if our corrupt leadership [ from the six geopolitical zones] are put where they belong life in prison and death sentance but the question still remains who will do it for us?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 3:52pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

I tend to response to unbearable falsehoods and conjectural craps spewed by those who granted effort to defeat Biafra. Sometimes, it is aimed at Ndigbo and Biafrans who seemed to be oblivious to the chronicle order of events leading to Nigeria/Biafra civil war.

As you pointed out, the goons would want us to believe that Biafra initiated attack on Nigeria through Mid-west while deceitfully flaunting the idiotic idea of neutrality. Mid-western region was part of Nigeria which acted as supply house for men and material, training ground and launching pad against Biafra. Nigeria declared war on Biafra on July 6, 1967 and on July 26, 1967 3MCDO, which has trained and gathered men and material at Escravos in Mid western region attacked and captured Bonny (Ubani) in Biafra. Biafra did not respond to the attack by Nigeria from Mid-western region until August 8, 1967.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PaulJohn1: 3:53pm On May 25, 2012
What's going to happen to states like Kwara,Kogi & Benue?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 25, 2012
It will be Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria! Shekina! All these Biafra talk don't make any sense..
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mjconcept(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2012
Paul John: What's going to happen to states like Kwara,Kogi & Benue?
Don't be afriad my friend nothing is going to happen, Nigeria isn't going to disintegrate and in 2015 a new Nigeria will emerge,the old Nigeria will pass away just watch and see.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Justiyke4u: 4:02pm On May 25, 2012
I dont think dat wil hapened even if it wud, not without force and remember wat is forceful is always bloody. Let us go back and ask our fathers wat happened in 1967
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by lumeneng22: 4:02pm On May 25, 2012
Let it break to peaces if southern coppers cannot serv safely in the north . Boko haram murderer groups are killing innocent christains, enough is enof o jaee...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: so it means that 1. you lack the guts to confront the northern troops even in your region. 2. How were you able to confront biafran troops since you don't have the military might?

Confront them with what? bows and arrows like you guys did? It's an open secret then that the yorubas were the least represented group in the armed forces, a consequence of the UPE in existence in the region at the time coupled with the fact that many of our top military officers had, either being killed in the first and subsequent coup whilst some were conveniently locked up in jails in or near the eastern region. I suppose that was what you guys had in mind for us, i.e rise up with bows and arrows against a murderous fully armed northern troops still baying for ibo blood. You guys must think we are fools!!!

As for your second question above, mass mobilisation, my dear. Mass mobilisation
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 4:10pm On May 25, 2012
mjconcept: After going through the bombardment and deadly venom that proceed from your minds I have the following to say:
LOGIC MIND AND DEDE1 > who will govern biafra? Is it not our present corrupt,selfish,devilish,self-centered morons who think only for themselves will govern us, if you think I'm lying look at our present states we craw like snails.

BEAF> If not I have known you as a mentally disabled person I would have called you a lunatic because you said alot of things but 90% of them make no sense at all.
BITTYEND,T9KSY,LEKKIE07> the three of you makes little sense but in a highly tribalized tone.

In general, Nigeria is a great nation what we lack is good leadership and that good leadership will be a reality if our corrupt leadership [ from the six geopolitical zones] are put where they belong life in prison and death sentance but the question still remains who will do it for us?

And you make a whole lot of sense with the twaddle you posted, above?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by habayommy: 4:14pm On May 25, 2012
ONE NATION, ONE NIGERIA....
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by habayommy: 4:17pm On May 25, 2012
mjconcept:
Don't be afriad my friend nothing is going to happen, Nigeria isn't going to disintegrate and in 2015 a new Nigeria will emerge,the old Nigeria will pass away just watch and see.
Go On With One Naija
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by jason123: 4:20pm On May 25, 2012
bbpreye: It will be Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria! Shekina! All these Biafra talk don't make any sense..

Abeg, tell them! Southern Nigeria or 50 standard countries will be created
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mjconcept(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

And you make a whole lot of sense with the twaddle you posted, above?
Bro. you are the twaddler here what exactly have you said that from the beginning without tribal sentiments.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 4:32pm On May 25, 2012
mjconcept:
Bro. you are the twaddler here what exactly have you said that from the beginning without tribal sentiments.

To an obviuosly biased and bigoted mind like yours, of course my post will be construed as "twaddles" but

typical of your ilk, you have not come up with any superior argument or fact to debunk my "twaddles".
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

We are getting somewhere at last!
It is really strange that anybody would go about lying that Biafra was "betrayed" by territory which they attacked. Don't you think?
Believe the rest of your bedside stories, sir. But on the day anybody wakes up to tell lies about "betrayal" from the Midwest who were Biafra's unfortunate victims, I'll be right here to pop common sense and truth into their sordid minds and pop out their left eye with logical left hooks and intellectually wicked uppercuts.

I really do not know where you pull this fallacious talk of “betrayal”. Betrayal exists if there were pre-agreed arrangement to act and suddenly one party backs away at last hour. In case of Nigeria/Biafra civil war, people were presented with an opportunity to choose side and many people did. However in choosing side, the people created a situation where we have mortal enemies within Nigeria.

I have decided to live with the fact there are people I consider enemy in the contest of Nigeria and there is no amount of name calling or attempts to sit history on its head will change such situation. We fought a war and tried very hard to annihilate each other. It will be very naïve to think history will not repeat itself and this time around there could be wiser actors than the previous war.

I have resolutely stated that in any event of disintegration of Nigeria, my preference is to have Republic of Igbo land. Seriously, I do not give a fig if the pending dissolution of Nigeria is hellishly bloody. I am not given to live the life of pretence and disintegrated Nigeria is all cherish for now.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:49pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

I really do not know where you pull this fallacious talk of “betrayal”. Betrayal exists if there were pre-agreed arrangement to act and suddenly one party backs away at last hour. In case of Nigeria/Biafra civil war, people were presented with an opportunity to choose side and many people did. However in choosing side, the people created a situation where we have mortal enemies within Nigeria.

I have decided to live with the fact there are people I consider enemy in the contest of Nigeria and there is no amount of name calling or attempts to sit history on its head will change such situation. We fought a war and tried very hard to annihilate each other. It will be very naïve to think history will not repeat itself and this time around there could be wiser actors than the previous war.

I have resolutely stated that in any event of disintegration of Nigeria, my preference is to have Republic of Igbo land. Seriously, I do not give a fig if the pending dissolution of Nigeria is hellishly bloody. I am not given to live the life of pretence and disintegrated Nigeria is all cherish for now.

You have ended up moving your position to a more forthright stance. That is very good.

The bolded is the most important part of your post (the rest is just bluster). Everyone had a choice where to belong, some went with the FG, others went with Biafra. The Midwest took no side; IMHO, Biafra took that to mean we were looking to cease the opportunity to strike for freedom (lilely so), invaded us; but instead of making good use of a natural situation (we had just stormed out of the Western Region, feeling cheated), spread tears and blood in a few short days. Perhaps the lines of command or were weak or planning was poor; whatever it was, a mistake of gargantuan proportions was the result.

Let history be a manual for the future.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ektbear: 4:54pm On May 25, 2012
lmao
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mjconcept(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

To an obviuosly biased and bigoted mind like yours, of course my post will be construed as "twaddles" but

typical of your ilk, you have not come up with any superior argument or fact to debunk my "twaddles".
You keep describing yourself,you mentioned BIASED AND BIGOTED MIND I'm not biased or a bigot in any way when it comes to matters concerning Nigeria and Nigerians,I believe in one Nigeria, I caution my Igbo brother when they go wrong, have you ever done that to your folks NO which makes you a biased and bigoted fellow you should grow up and call black black.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by achi4u(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2012
_____score card_______

finally....

Logic_mind:scored===925 vote.

Dede1:scored=====830 vote.

Beaf:====300 vote.
...sir,your scores goes down because of your too much abusive languages.

***now the later comers***

T9ksy:scored====110 vote.
NB:long writing=weak point.

jason123:scored===95 vote.

habayommy:scored===50 vote.

*from the look of things here,it seems that the average nigerian want his nation to dissolve*

*in this case, the majority will carry the day___and those whose vote are low as shown above should either join BIAFRA or remain a "third party" to the nigeria equation.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS & CONTRIBUTIONS.
REMAIN BLESS

***one naija 4 now***
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2012
@ Beaf, we are still waiting for the information on top officials in Midwest that were killed during the war. Either admit it was a complete falsehood and stop making such claim or you provide the list of those top officials or source. Still waiting ...

Your source:
In a pattern of behavior that can only be described as self-destructive, the "liberation" force went molesting, Molesting, kidnapping, torturing, detaining and even killing local figures whose support they badly needed (14, 17). For example, Mr. J. O Adeola (Commissioner of Police), Mr. Olu Akpata (Permanent Secretary), Mr. Sam Umweni (of Radio Nigeria, Benin) and Mr. J Imoukhuede (Head of the civil service), were abducted from Benin and taken back to Biafra. They remained in prison (without trial) until the end of the war (17). In his memoirs, Ademoyega acknowledges: "The 18th battalion stationed in that port (Warri) was a ragged, ill-equipped and ill-controlled unit. Reports of their lawlessness in town had been scandalous." Such actions (among others) did not endear them to the people they came to liberate from "the north". Ademoyega summarized it thus: "Biafran entry into the Midwest was seen by the people, especially the non-Ibos of the State, as an act of foreign aggression."
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mjconcept(m): 5:06pm On May 25, 2012
habayommy:
Go On With One Naija
Gowon popular Nigerian/Biafran war slang. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:15pm On May 25, 2012
Banjo was aware of the atrocities Biafra had left behing them. In fact his reason for stopping at Ore was because he feared that a revenge mission would hit him from Benin, since he had failed to capture Ejoor and Ogbemudia dead or alive (as he was commanded to).

You have to ask questions about why Ejoor had moved his troops out to Nsukka province at the time Biafra invaded and why the defense of the Midwest was left in the hands of Okwechime, Igboba, Nwajei, Nwawo and Ochei (all Igbo's). To the casual observer, it would seem that the Midwest deliberately left the door open. Only to be rewarded with a haunt for Ejoor and Ogbemudia (dead or alive), as well as the execution and kidnap of the Midwests top govt functionaries and civil servants in what was a poorly planned coup.

Banjo:
"In my opinion, the minimum condition for the continued successful prosecution of the war has ceased to exist…It is my view that, while we held the control of the Midwest we had a good political bargaining power within the context of Nigeria."

-Odogwu, Bernard: No place to hide: crises and conflicts inside Biafra. Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1985.

The man was simply petrified with what Biafra had left behind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Dele Momodu And Wife At Heathrow Airport / Senate Throws Out Buhari’s Electoral Bill / FG Jerks Up Provisional Wage Increment To ₦‎35,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.