Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71302 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2010
Roy Hodgson is not a good choice. Remember he once managed a club into relegation , though I can't remember which club it was. and his so called success with Fulham should not faze anyone.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by seunbanme: 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
Is Torres,Gerrad and benayoun still in Liverpool??
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Get an English coach and Liverpool is ruined
Why?

Roy isn't your run of the mill english coach,he has substantial continental experience,in fact more non-UK coahing experience than any other English (or British) manager of note.

So if we were talking about someone who wasn't as experienced ,your concerns could hold water,but certainly not in this case. smiley
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2010
English coaches are useless simple.

There is a reason why an Englishman has not coached any of the top clubs in the last 10yrs.

There is a reason why the National team is coached by foreigners in succession
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
dayokanu:

There is a reason why the [s]National team is coached by foreigners in succession[/s]
Succession ? undecided

Capello took over from Steve McClaren -who as at latest census isn't 'foreign' tongue

I also don't like stereotyping. . .when u say "English coaches are useless" ,is it something genetic or you're exaggerating to make us laugh? angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
Its based on facts. Tell me the last time an English coach won the EPL, Tell me the last time an English coach won a continental trophy.

Why does the National team have to employ foreign coaches.

Give me the top 4 teams in the last 10 years and how many English coaches they had, Then compare to the relegated teams and the coaches they have and there you have your answer
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:06am On Jun 15, 2010
Looks like Yossi benayoun will be moving to Chelsea. Just replace him with Mesut Ozil and we'll be fine again.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Its based on facts. Tell me the last time an English coach won the EPL, Tell me the last time an English coach won a continental trophy.

Why does the National team have to employ foreign coaches.

Give me the top 4 teams in the last 10 years and how many English coaches they had, Then compare to the relegated teams and the coaches they have and there you have your answer
Again I ask bro. . .does it have something to do with genetics ? undecided

A portuguese coach is winning trophies like a mad man in Europe,does this in anyway reflect on the portuguese game /coaches ?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by toshmann(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
so far liverpool has scored 2 goals in the world cup.

gerrard
kuyt
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
Illusion,

It has to do with genetics, Else how can a nation of 50million plus produce duds consisently
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ibrokay(m): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2010
@ toshman
Yeah u are right our guys are on top of their game.
Hope we will be able to hold on to some of them next season.
I still belief Kenny Daglish will be Liverpools messaire.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Illusion,

It has to do with genetics, Else how can a nation of 50million plus produce duds consisently
I know of a nation of 150million who don't even produce anything tongue

I do honestly think it (i.e the lack of success among english coaches)may not be unrelated to the fact that England don't have a proper football facility(structure) in the mould of the italians or germans.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
What football structure are you talking about?. They lack talents both as players and as coaches.

You have to know that ENglish people are not exactly bright
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
Pellegrini is now in contention for the managerial role at Anfield. Manuel Pellegrini over Hodgson ,pls.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On Jun 18, 2010
Pellegrini still makes sense. At least would make Liverpool attractive to foreign players unlike those English coaches
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
bgees:

Pellegrini is now in contention for the managerial role at Anfield. Manuel Pellegrini over Hodgson ,pls.

I honestly don't think we need Pelligrini (language  & cultural issues),he'll need another 2-3 seasons to settle. He came into his Real Madrid reign with plenty of la Liga experience,which made his 1st year at the Bernabeu what it was,not so Anfield !!

With Roy, we'll be in contention for the EPL from 2010/11 season,cos of his EPL experience.

The problem with these Latin managers is that they don't understand what winning the English league means to a club like Liverpool. . . .

dayokanu:

What football structure are you talking about?. They lack talents both as players and as coaches.

You have to know that ENglish people are not exactly bright
Dayo,talk true,wetin English people do you? Abi dem no give u visa?  undecided
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2010
illusion2:

I honestly don't think we need Pelligrini (language  & cultural issues),he'll need another 2-3 seasons to settle. He came into his Real Madrid reign with plenty of la Liga experience,which made his 1st year at the Bernabeu what it was,not so Anfield !!

With Roy, we'll be in contention for the EPL from 2010/11 season,cos of his EPL experience.

The problem with these Latin managers is that they don't understand what winning the English league means to a club like Liverpool. . . .
Dayo,talk true,wetin English people do you? Abi dem no give u visa?  undecided

But it is clear that Pellegrini is a better manager with a better record. Villareal were not a 'rich' team when he was in charge but they were very impressive but what has Hodgson achieved in his career part from taking Fulham to the Europa Cup finals? and that might be a fluke because this same man oversaw Blackburn's relegation some time ago.

Also, with Hodgson we won't be able to attract foreign stars.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 8:58am On Jun 20, 2010
bgees relax.

Roy has much more experience than Pelligrini,we've tried a better manager from the spanish league (Rafa) without succcess,lets do something else.

A summary of his profile

Hodgson is probably best known for guiding the Swiss national team to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup and qualification for Euro 1996; Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s. He has also coached many notable club sides, including Malmö FF, Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, and Udinese. He was appointed to his current role at Fulham in December 2007.

Hodgson has served several times as a member of UEFA's technical study group at the European Championships, and he was also a member of the FIFA technical study group at the 2006 World Cup.[2] Hodgson has also worked as a television pundit in several of the countries in which he has coached and speaks five languages.

Pelligrini is not bad at all,but you can't compare him to Roy.

Anyway our discussion is largely academic if the latest news from Fulham is anything to go by. . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
What did he (Hodgson) achieve while at Inter? Nothing!!, he even had two spells there.

Everybody reasons that if Hodgson takes over, many of key players might move on and he won't be able to attract star players outside Britain. If he is eventually named as manager, I reckon he won't last and that will affect our stability. Have u seen the fixtures for next season, the 1st 3 matches are something else.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 8:51am On Jun 25, 2010
bgees:

Everybody reasons that if Hodgson takes over, many of key players might move on and he won't be able to attract star players outside Britain. If he is eventually named as manager, I reckon he won't last and that will affect our stability. Have u seen the fixtures for next season, the 1st 3 matches are something else.
Pure speculation & innuendos my dear. . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 3:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
Didier Deschamps next to be linked:

PARIS (AFP) – France's World Cup and European Championship winning captain Didier Deschamps is being targeted by ailing Premier League giants Liverpool as a replacement for departed manager Rafael Benitez, L'Equipe reported on Saturday.
Deschamps, who was the youngest player to captain a side to Champions League glory when aged 24 he skippered Marseille to the 1993 trophy, has forged a successful career as a coach since retiring as a player and guided his beloved Marseille to their first league title in 18 years last season.
Liverpool, who had a catastrophic campaign by their lofty standards last season failing to win a trophy and finishing outside the places for a Champions League spot next term, approached Marseille on Thursday about talking to 41-year-old Deschamps.
"It is true that the managing director of Liverpool Christian Purslow called me on Thursday," said Marseille club president Jean-Claude Dassier.
"He speaks very good French and is very courteous. I was awaiting his call as I had heard that Liverpool were interested in Didier.
"He asked whether he could talk to Didier and Jean-Pierre Bernes (Deschamps' agent) and I replied that I would not forbid anyone from meeting with him, whoever they were.
"At the same time I told him nicely that there was no hope in hell of Liverpool stealing our coach."
Dassier said that he was hoping to get Deschamps, who was at one point seen as a potential replacement for the unpopular Raymond Domenech as France coach but lost out to fellow World Cup and Euro winning player Laurent Blanc, to extend his contract which runs only till 2011.
"We enjoy good relations with Didier and we have confidence in him staying loyal," he said.
"I am hoping he will extend his contract by another year. I am not worried that he will leave. It is true though that Didier is flattered that such a big club should be interested in him."
Deschamps, a fluent Spanish and English speaker after playing spells with Valencia and Chelsea, is nevertheless seen as an outsider in the list for the post for what will be a tough and arduous job to lift Liverpool back into being title challengers.
Top of the list remains last term's Premier League coach of the season Fulham's Roy Hodgson, though, the former Inter Milan and Swiss national coach is loathe to leave the small London club whom he guided to the final of the inaugural Europa League last campaign.
Other names mentioned include the highly-rated Northern Irishman and present Aston Villa handler Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, Croatian national coach Slaven Bilic or former Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City manager Mark Hughes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100626/wl_uk_afp/fblengprfraliverpooldeschamps

All I can say is any one of Rijkaard, Deschamps or Pellegrini would be a good choice.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2010
bgees:

Didier Deschamps next to be linked:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100626/wl_uk_afp/fblengprfraliverpooldeschamps

All I can say is any one of Rijkaard, Deschamps or Pellegrini would be a good choice.

1. Rijkaard can't coach Liverpool - race issues

2. Pellegrini can't coach Liverpool - language issues

3. Deschamps can't coach Liverpool - height issues cheesy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
^ u no even serious. angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 10:50pm On Jun 29, 2010
Its now so obvious that English players are clueless. How can a youthful German side pull down their pants so easily?

Also any ideas on why Torres is a complete dud outside Liverpool?. The guy is looking like a waste of human genes.

WHy is the most overrated Rooney, C Ororo, Lampard, Torres or Gerrard?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mamagee3(f): 1:01am On Jun 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Its now so obvious that English players are clueless. How can a youthful German side pull down their pants so easily?

Also any ideas on why Torres is a complete dud outside Liverpool?. The guy is looking like a waste of human genes.

Don't mind all these English players, they are all overrated, simple!

I mean they would only step up if they are playing against a tough team, I'm sure if they were playing against a weaker team like Algeria, it would have ended in a tie. grin

It's funny that each time they are defeated in an elimination match up, they come up with ridiculous excuses.

In the 2006 world cup after being defeated by protugal 3-1, they blamed ronaldo for their exit just because he was one of the players who told the referee to give rooney a red card. grin

In the 2010 World Cup, they blame their loss to the referee like he prevented them from playing well and preventing more goals from Germany.Rooney

Their overrated rooney on the other hand missed a goal even when the ball was at his feet.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 1:05am On Jun 30, 2010
WETIN??!!! cry cry cry

mamagee has graced our thread! Dayokanu, u see wetin u cause? u see wetin u bring come?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mamagee3(f): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2010
^^Na tears be that? grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Bgees,

Why you dey vex. Me and mama-gee na 5 and 6.

Mamagee true talk jare. English players are the dumbest on earth, I am begining to suspect that Yakubu might be English after that miss
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
bgees:

^ u no even serious. angry
I'm serious bro wink

mama-gee:

Don't mind all these English players, they are all overrated, simple!

I mean they would only step up if they are playing against a tough team, I'm sure if they were playing against a weaker team like Algeria, it would have ended in a tie. grin

It's funny that each time they are defeated in an elimination match up, they come up with ridiculous excuses.

In the 2006 world cup after being defeated by protugal 3-1, they blamed ronaldo for their exit just because he was one of the players who told the referee to give rooney a red card. grin

In the 2010 World Cup, they blame their loss to the referee like he prevented them from playing well and preventing more goals from Germany.Rooney

Their overrated rooney on the other hand missed a goal even when the ball was at his feet.

English players are overhyped,overpaid & over pampared.

Now they are blaming Capello grin grin

dayokanu:

El Tor's just coming back from injury. . . he only scores really important goals (e.g lone goal final game) smiley
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
El Tor's just coming back from injury. . . he only scores really important goals

Torres for Spain

Debut 2003 Caps 77 goals 24

David Villa for Spain

Debut 2005 Caps 62 Goals 42

Nuff said

Robben just came back from injury and scored in his first start, He isnt even a top striker
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
when Torres made his debut for the national team, they already had 2 big name strikers- Raul and Morientes. So his chances for the national team were limited so that must have contributed to his low number of goals. And I think he just became a regular at the 2006 World cup.

Villa might be better but I'd pick Torres anyday.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
When he made his debut doesnt affect number of caps. The over 70 caps says it all.

Even if we assume he made his debut in 2006, That is one of the worst return for a striker in Europe.

Tell me any regular striker for a top national team who has such abysmal records.

Never mind that he plays in front of the most creative midfield and Spain relies on its striker to score goals as Spanish midfielders hardly score

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.