Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71307 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by TeeJay6(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2010
For a start, liverpool value him at £25m or thereabout yet he earns a lot less than the likes of Torres, Joe Cole and SG who are valued at almost the same.

Besides, he wanted out last year but was not allowed to so Liverpool have no ground to stand on this time around
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2010
@Teejay,you really need to understand how transfers work.

When a player signs a contract with a club. Both sides are bound by that contract. If either party wants out,the settlement needs to be resolved either by the courts or the subsisting contract.

Where the player wants out ,the club will necessarily place a value on him that will suit them,the new club will have to come up with this or no deal.

Saying a player was not allowed to go isn't entirely correct as every player has his price. Rather the proper statement is - No club had the money or were interested in paying that much for him.

Player valuation is another rather complex matter I don't want to go into. So bottom line is - if a player really wants to go & he's under contract,a club must be ready to pay for him. If no club is ready to pay the asking price then no show.

The Barcelona-Fabregas-Arsenal saga is a clear pointer to this.

The player wanted to leave for Spain,but Barca couldn't come up with the dough. On the other hand Real-Ozil-W.Bremen transfer followed similar lines but Real madrid came up with the $$$.

So don't lay any blame on our great club. We are going through a difficult patch at the moment. . . . .  . . . but we remain one of the greatest clubs in world.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Ossaifamous(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2010
I want hodgson to sign more players before 2 weeks we still need strikers and a replacement for lucas cuz he 's not consistent
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Ossaifamous(m): 8:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
live
the europa league qualifier vs trabzonspor babel and martin kelly all started.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
We must do everything to keep Mascherano. We are not sure we bought the Poulsen who played in Sevilla or the flop who just played for Juve.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Ossaifamous(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
babel scores but he has been weak all day.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:39am On Aug 20, 2010
Hodgson is planning to loan out Aquilani. I just hope not.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by yousouph(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aquilani has not played to his hype and a sale is good for Liverpool if only you can get half your money back.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2010
bgees:

And why would you hope not ? undecided Seems like common sense to me smiley

Ossai famous:

babel scores but he has been weak all day.
Really sad the game ended with just the one goal. . . J.Cole shouldn't have taken the penalty,he confessed he hasn't taken a penalty in 15 years shocked shocked shocked

And Poulsen's goal shoulda been allowed. . . but looking at the bright side,we didn't conceed an away goal & a goal in Turkey for us should surely seal it .

[center][size=18pt]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/size][/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
Wadup Scousers!! Make una no lose lose anyhow this season ooh. Where is my paddy Maedan by the way??

Your 2nd away kit is sizzling i must admit! I have to cop that ish

yousouph:

Aquilani has not played to his hype and a sale is good for Liverpool if only you can get half your money back.
Blame Benitez for buying him injured

bgees:

He seems a bit too fragile for the Prem but i still expect any smart manager to at least give him one full season? Using Gerrard,Lucas and prolly Mascherano is not a good look in that midfield
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
You guys don't get it at all.
If he loans out Aquilani, and Mascherano eventually leaves (which will surely happen because he did not play on Thursday so as not to be cup tied) How many good midfielders will we be left with? Gerrard,Lucas, Poulsen and Cole. And I'm not sure if these guys can do the job consistently.

I'm not even sure if Joe Cole would be a success and he is also injury prone. so where is the sense in this?

Roy looks like he's got a problem with non- English players. Where is Insua? the guy has just been left out in the cold.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2010
bgees:

You guys don't get it at all.
If he loans out Aquilani, and Mascherano eventually leaves (which will surely happen because he did not play on Thursday so as not to be cup tied) How many good midfielders will we be left with? Gerrard,Lucas, Poulsen and Cole. And I'm not sure if these guys can do the job consistently.

I'm not even sure if Joe Cole would be a success and he is also injury prone. so where is the sense in this?

Roy looks like he's got a problem with non- English players. Where is Insua? the guy has just been left out in the cold.

When did Aquilani become a 'good midfielder' ? undecided

Joe Cole is much better and purposeful has much more experience & has won things.

Prior to joining Liverpool,who knew who Aquilani was?? I beg limit your arguments to Masch,who will be a loss to the club definitely but not Aquilani.

And its not Roy's fault when a player decides he's had enough of the club. angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2010
illusion2:

Joe Cole is much better and purposeful has much more experience & has won things.

Prior to joining Liverpool,who knew who Aquilani was?? I beg limit your arguments to Masch,who will be a loss to the club definitely but not Aquilani.

And its not Roy's fault when a player decides he's had enough of the club. angry

Aquilani is not a good midfielder?? Na wa. This guy was plagued with injuries last year and anytime he started he showed his class. You talk of Joe Cole like he was really crucial to Chelsea's successes, but sorry, he was also an injury-prone bench warmer. Aquilani before Liverpool was a key member of the Roma squad and he was one the brightest young talents in Europe. Cole might just end up like Robbie Keane. They started their Liverpool careers in similar fashion- trying to hard too please.

Back in July, in the pre-season camp ,Roy said he was impressed with Aquilani and he had high hopes for him. Now he is doing another thing.

Ah! I see u now agree Masch is needed. And is a midfield of Gerrard, Poulsen, Lucas and Cole good enough to win a title ? the obvious answer is NO!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
bgees:

Aquilani is not a good midfielder?? Na wa. This guy was plagued with injuries last year and anytime he started he showed his class. You talk of Joe Cole like he was really crucial to Chelsea's successes, but sorry, he was also an injury-prone bench warmer. Aquilani before Liverpool was a key member of the Roma squad and he was one the brightest young talents in Europe. Cole might just end up like Robbie Keane. They started their Liverpool careers in similar fashion- trying to hard too please.

Back in July, in the pre-season camp ,Roy said he was impressed with Aquilani and he had high hopes for him. Now he is doing another thing.

Ah! I see u now agree Masch is needed. And is a midfield of Gerrard, Poulsen, Lucas and Cole good enough to win a title ? the obvious answer is NO!!!

My brother ,please ask yourself- will a coach let go of players that will ensure his success ? Not likely.

The fact is, Aquilani for his injury problems hasn't lived up to expectations or given us value for the buck !

He has been squeezed out of an ever competitive midfield & he's going to Juve to get 1st team football.

Not being a defensive midfielder,so Lucas,Poulsen are not in anyway preventing him from making the team.

So he's essentially an attacking midfielder and he's competing for places with Steven,Cole,Kuyt,Jovanovic who are all ahead of him in the pecking order in our traditional 4-5-1.

IMO he lacks the stamina for the English game,this may sound harsh,but its true,this level is for the bigGER boys . . . .  . . sorry o !

I wish him all the best sha,hopefully he can bounce back stronger & better for the 2011/12 season. wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2010
illusion2:

You are horribly wrong!! While i think he was overpaid for he is definitely not bad and you would sorely be missing his guile in the middle. Joe Cole is past his peak and there is no doubt in my mind y'all got the shorter end of the stick in the Benayoun-J.Cole transfer. A fit Aquilani would give you more creative options than what you presently have
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2010
A-40:

You are horribly wrong!! While i think he was overpaid for he is definitely not bad and you would sorely be missing his guile in the middle. Joe Cole is past his peak and there is no doubt in my mind y'all got the shorter end of the stick in the Benayoun-J.Cole transfer. A fit Aquilani would give you more creative options than what you presently have

Exactly!. The 20 million we paid was just too much for an injured player, but it was easy to see that he could justify the price tag later. And it was about having enough options in the midfielder that I was driving at.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2010
The loan move defies any sense,wondering what that geezer was thinking.
This should supposedly be a new signing,he showed few sparks towards d tail end of last season.
I tire 4 dis Britico Manager o,He's expecting way 2 much from Cole.I hope he doesnt mess abt wit Babel thou.

Let' see what he comes up with 2mw agst City.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2010
SUKKIE:

The loan move defies any sense,wondering what that geezer was thinking.
This should supposedly be a new signing,he showed few sparks towards d tail end of last season.
I tire 4 dis Britico Manager o,He's expecting way 2 much from Cole.I hope he doesnt mess abt wit Babel thou.

Let' see what he comes up with 2mw agst City.

the City match must be his biggest test yet considering the kind of players City have right now but at the same time City did not play to their level against Spurs.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2010
A-40:

Unfortunately, 'not bad' isn't good enough at this level. This isn't the Scottish league or Kano Pillars (apologies to all concerned).
Liverpool is a BIG club for BIG players. Cole may be past his prime ,but he's better than Aquilani on current form. Please forget what woulda been. A bird in hand as the saying goes. . . . . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by kliverpool(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
what do you guys think about tonight game?
liv1-1
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
illusion2:

Unfortunately, 'not bad' isn't good enough at this level. This isn't the Scottish league or Kano Pillars (apologies to all concerned).
Liverpool is a BIG club for BIG players. Cole may be past his prime ,but he's better than Aquilani on current form. Please forget what woulda been. A bird in hand as the saying goes. . . . . .
If average joes like Lucas Leiva and Jovanovic are in your team i dont see why Aquilani should be out of place. J.Cole is past it while Aquilani when fit is a very good player y'all need his creativity in that middle and your over-reliance on Gerrard and Torres would likely bite y'all again
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
Watching the game at Man City , i see the current outcome of the game buttresses what I have been saying all along. Mascherano refused to show up for the game(because we just rejected a 12million pound bid from Barcelona).

So far, Man City have been on top .Roy plays Gerrard in the central midfield and plays Torres with a strike partner. Any Knowledgeable Liverpool fan will see this move as suicidal. The sooner Roy discovers the right thing to do, the better for us.

Secondly, Cole is out due to the red card. So I ask , is this how we would look like if Joe Cole is not playing due to a red card or an injury? Loaning Aquilani out was a bad move if we consider that .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by manmustwac(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
i know its early in the season bgees but do you think you guys have a chance of finishing in the top four?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
If Roy Hodgson continues with this kind of formation and if he does not get a striker and a midfielder, this season will be worse than the last.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by yousouph(m): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
Its obvious that Liverpool are in for a ride this season. New coach will bring new formation and it may not work.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
bgees:

Watching the game at Man City , i see the current outcome of the game buttresses what I have been saying all along. Mascherano refused to show up for the game(because we just rejected a 12million pound bid from Barcelona).

So far, Man City have been on top .Roy plays Gerrard in the central midfield and plays Torres with a strike partner. Any Knowledgeable Liverpool fan will see this move as suicidal. The sooner Roy discovers the right thing to do, the better for us.

Secondly, Cole is out due to the red card. So I ask , is this how we would look like if Joe Cole is not playing due to a red card or an injury? Loaning Aquilani out was a bad move if we consider that .

That statement in bold made it seem as if Joe Cole has be proven to be a good player for Liverpool

Can we start asking how Market?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
Cole has not convinced me one bit but with him availabvle, we could have been bteter
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
I'm afraid with dis sort of approach,we in for a bumpy ride.We are in a big mess!
Roy is too offensive mahn .Playing Kuyt,J'novic,Ngog n Torrres was a wrong move.
As if that was nt bad enuff playing Agger on the left was just sily,Johnson had him for supper!

Nt looking nice at d min angry angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
Welcome to the Roy Hogson era. I thought Benitez was the problem before?

English coaches lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
We should all blame Roy Hodgson for ;

-Trying out a 442 formation that was untested and was never effective for us.

-Sending out our most creative player on loan.

-Keeping Gerrard too far from the opponent's goal post by playing him in the center

-and for trying out a strike partnership that has never been tested before.

But we can just get better from here.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
Blame Roy Hodgson for being English, English coaches are naturally and genetically clueless. Mention one decent English coach
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by kliverpool(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2010
it was very bad last nite we made mancity look very good i don't think they are that good now
and it shows how bad our team is.

the only positive from the game is that we can still buy more player before the transfer ends.
i wonder who scout for liverpool they can get few good players from those lesser team that can
fit in and perform for us.

we don't need players like
Lucas ,jovanovic Ngog
i saw our bench last nite and i was sad cos no non of them can come in and do somethin positive

but i think Babel is a good player but we are not playing him enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.