Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency (10842 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Buhari And Jonathan UNITE For Nigeria Centenary Celebration In Abuja.... / Obasanjo Has No Choice But To Back GEJ In 2015 – Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by mart2k(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2012
alj harem: Enugu – The Igbos on Friday in Enugu organised a forum to discuss strategies to make the dream of Igbo presidency in 2015 a reality.

The group met under the aegis of Igbo Unity Forum and the forum was entitled: “Ndigbo in the Geo-Politics of Nigeria, the way forward”.

A members of the Ohaneze Ndigbo, former governor of Anambra, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife and traditional rulers delivering a key note address urged the Igbos to affirm their commitment in getting the presidency in 2015.

“We have said that Igbo Nigerian president is important to us and we must pray to God to get it.

“Igbos should play a game of cooperation not competition. We are super qualified for the presidency but we will be organised to achieve it.

“This time around, we are going to cooperate, all Igbos must go for campaign in all the tribes in the country to tell them what we want,’’ Ezeife said.

Ezeife, however, called for the implementation of the resolutions at the last South-east economic summit held in Enugu.

The Deputy National President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Mr Iga Igaliwe, restated its commitment toward ensuring the sustainability of Igbo culture through its leaders.

“We will create a platform for our leaders to come and air their views because we know that our problem is failure in leadership. We must strive to achieve success.’’ he said.

The Chairman of the occasion, Amb. Godwin Onyegbula, called for the actualisation of the Igbo cause to produce fruitful results.

“Igbos need to work hard in the Nigerian political parties to establish relevance,’’ Onyegbula said.

The President General of Umuada Igbo in Nigeria, Mrs Uzoamaka Ezeofor, in her speech decried the dearth of Igbo mother tongue.

Ezeofor appealed to the parents to always teach their children Igbo language as a way of preserving their culture. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/igbos-unite-for-2015-presidency/
is it dsame ezeife dat use 2 sing xmas carol on tv?this igbo sef ar funny.igbo in yoruba means hemp
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
But you once believed, NO?

I told you he is snake. Where is noiseless when you need him?. . .?!

Sometimes I speak in self made language. Only a f.o.ol would take my words literally all the time.
Actually there are FEW nairalanders that can decipher my true intents.
Okija juju is not Igbo; has never been Igbo and will never be Igbo. This time I speak literally. cool
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ogasnow: 9:59am On May 27, 2012
Damn straight. Its high time. I'm not Igbo but I will definitely lend my weight to an Igbo presidency. That's me anyways. Question is "Is it feasible come 2015?". Despite all the contending forces...GEJ/North...I say yes. But it will require unity. All Igbos must unite. And that will mean PISSING AWAY ALL SUPPORT FOR GOODLUCK. Select the best and drum support for him. Sell him in the electronic and print media. Let every Igbo tell his non-Igbo friend. Design a nationwide grassroot campaign strategy. Igbo is everywhere. Even if the ticket isn't clinched, the idea of an Igbo president would have been pushed into the consciousness of everybody in preparation for 2019.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by mart2k(m): 10:02am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: Maybe Sullivan Chime for vice, but I dont believe that 2015 is our year..
the climax of the meeting was that,d igbo have agreed to sell their turn to yoruba in exchange 4 a line of shops at alaba market
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ebamma(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2012
igbos again,i don't think the will have my vote,cos igbos can't be trusted with money .
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by mart2k(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: Igbo 2019... That one I can bet...

An Igbo man would be the last President of Nigeria if care isnt taken, cos I know the North will implode..

The trick is Jonathan finishes and the South South and half of the west would team up with Ndi Igbo in 2019to vote in an Igbo President and keep the North away from the Presidency..
dreamer.which west go support u.is d west not eligible?
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by MostIncredibleDFirst: 10:10am On May 27, 2012
You guys are only wasting ur time talking- because this country (Nigeria) shall NEVER live beyond 2015. Nigeria shall collapse into independent entities by 2015. Therefore, rather than d various regions strategising on how to capture the presidency, the better option is to begin now to plan on how to have a self-sustaining economy after the South-south goes away with its oil money.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Rhino5dm: 10:10am On May 27, 2012
Grammer yi ti po ju! Bros, you don't have to employ linguistic gymnastics to lay spin on your "literally" opinion.

Thank God you people are now understanding the real intents of Alusi Okija aka Ofenmmanu shocked grin grin.

Onlytruth:

Sometimes I speak in self made language. Only a f.o.ol would take my words literally all the time.
Actually there are FEW nairalanders that can decipher my true intents.
Okija juju is not Igbo; has never been Igbo and will never be Igbo. This time I speak literally. cool
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by garba(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2012
yeah..... If hopes are horses......lolzzz

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 10:37am On May 27, 2012
Useless talk. I cannt even read through the thread. Just saw the topic. Division is the evil mind set that has been ...
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by onyeego(m): 10:50am On May 27, 2012
I wonder why some people are having sleepless nites over an igbo presindency.

There is no region in Nigeria that doesn't hv their internal disagreements;why should that of Ndi-Igbo be different?

Why are they so quick to tell us that we can't be united and speak with one voice?

The Igbos are d Most united people in this country;but d people that hate us will always preach of our disunity.

If only our haters will reason with their heads, they will know dat an Igbo man will never be suppressed by any means.

Despite d lopsided federal Allocations; with the south east getting peanuts; can any1 say we are a poor region?

How come d regions that has been stealing Nigeria's common wealth in billions not be able to bring development to their people?

There must be something extra ordinary in Ndi-Igbo that unsettles peoples.

I was laughing and rolling on the floor when I read yesterday, some1 said that d power situation in Nigeria has detoriated since Bart Nnaji became the Minister.

Why do u fear the Igbo man so much? Why do u hate him?

Nigeria has become what it is today,because the TRUE LEADERs(Ndi-Igbo) has not be allowed to Lead;
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ndahbros1: 11:04am On May 27, 2012
alj harem:
Roachas comes to mind, in as much as I always go for competence and merit; Rocahas ticks it for me.

A Roachas Presidential candidate would get my vote anytime anyday.

My brother 2015 is indeed the year were all Nigerian must unite to vote for a GOOD Nigerian president and I am sure there are a lot out there.

I edited ur comment to read 'GOOD Nigerian President' instead of GOOD Igbo President'. Every oda tin u said in d part I quoted, I agree with.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bestview: 11:09am On May 27, 2012
Soludo (PDP) and Ngige (but not under Yoruba ACN) cool cool

Until Anambra with all the giants both academically and economically it parades gives its up no other SE state cannot afford and eminently qualified to take a shot at the presidency. Enugu is edging close to some extent. It is clear if we watch Nigeria and SE hisory from 1904 the birth date of great Zik of Africa.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ndahbros1: 11:10am On May 27, 2012
auchs: Useless talk. I cannt even read through the thread. Just saw the topic. Division is the evil mind set that has been ...
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by jimjones: 11:22am On May 27, 2012
pipe dream
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by clerkent(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2012
kokoA: All these noise about igbo presidency again? ******yawns*****
As far as Nigerians are concerned you guys claimed that GEJ is igbo (AZIKIWE grin grin), so which igbo presidency are we talking about here again? You have already shot yourself in the foot my igbo brothers no thanks to your business men you call politicians. I mean no harm, but the bitter truth is eastern Nigeria is really not considered relivant in the scheme of things in Nigeria for now. Every other zone believe they can come up, pick an igbo runing mate of better still include an igbo name to their names and the whole igbo votes will be delivered even without campaigning grin grin grin grin So, do not be surprise when you hear a name like General Mohammed 'Chukwuemeka' Buhari in 2015. grin grin grin I trust my igbo people, they will vote him in. Thats the sad truth sad sad
nnamdi sambo is an igbo mangrin grin grin
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 11:28am On May 27, 2012
bestview: Soludo (PDP) and Ngige (but not under Yoruba ACN) cool cool

Until Anambra with all the giants both academically and economically it parades gives its up no other SE state cannot afford and eminently qualified to take a shot at the presidency. Enugu is edging close to some extent. It is clear if we watch Nigeria and SE hisory from 1904 the birth date of great Zik of Africa.

You will do well to stop this trash! It is not about anambra or imo state, it is about Nigeria president of Igbo extraction. If and when Ohaneze nominate and individual, every other personal preference is immaterial. Currently Chime and Rochas are the front runner as far as platform ownership is concern. Soludo comes a distant third. And Nigige romance with AC.N does not place him in good position. Or you think AC.N will allow him ran as their presidential flag bearer.

The earlier you and your okija lots drop your pettiness and look at the bigger picture, the better for all of us.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by mekaboy(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2012
HMM IGBO PRESIDENT 2015? NOPE I DONT THINK SO SEEMS LIKE GEJ WILL CONTEST AGAIN. IF HE WILL, I THINK THE IGBOS SHOULD FOCUS NOW ON UNITING AND DEVELOPING THE EAST, WE DONT REALLY NEED PRESIDENCY NOW.

WE NOW HAVE OIL AND OUR OWN REFINARY IN ANAMBRA STATE

WE NOW HAVE A SEA PORT IN ANAMBRA STATE

IF ENUGU AIRPORT FINALY BECOMES AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

AS INDUSTRIOUS AND BUSINESS MINDED PEOPLE WE HAVE ENOUGH TO TURN THE EASTERN NIGERIA INTO A COUNTRY LIKE DUBAI IN 8YEARS . IF WE FOCUS ON WHAT WE HAVE NOW AND MAKE THE BEST USE OF IT, WE DONT NEED TO FIND GO FOR PRESIDENCY, NIGERIA WILL SEE THE TRANSFORMATION IN THE EAST AND BE WILLING TO HAVE AN IGBO MAN AS PRESIDENT SO THAT SUCH DEVELOPMENT WILL REPEATED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

IGBO KWENU

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by MichaelAvede: 11:37am On May 27, 2012
I laugh haha haha and i pity d Igbos. them won start waitey dem nor go fit finish.every body i7 well inform when it hapund again dis time around.anyway 4 wil nt say much bcaz they knw day can never see dat sit of presidency again in dis nation.their plan nor go work. Aboky man nor go gree. yoruba man wil nt aspect them, D great niger delta man wil fight against dem ro tekj me where dem won pars com .no way 4 dem.even if every body allow dem, i only i wil wil nt allow dem.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bestview: 11:55am On May 27, 2012
PointB:

You will do well to stop this trash! It is not about anambra or imo state, it is about Nigeria president of Igbo extraction. If and when Ohaneze nominate and individual, every other personal preference is immaterial. Currently Chime and Rochas are the front runner as far as platform ownership is concern. Soludo comes a distant third. And Nigige romance with AC.N does not place him in good position. Or you think AC.N will allow him ran as their presidential flag bearer.

The earlier you and your okija lots drop your pettiness and look at the bigger picture, the better for all of us.

I believe you will do well to stop mentioning such talkative as Rochas who has not disappointed imo people that he is a real talking drum. We have people as Peter Obi, he is a quiet revolutionist, FG knows his worth that is why he was appointed into the economic team of the present federal govt. The governance is not only tarring few KM of raods only in urban center, but embracing all sectors of the economy and area of the state. Creating employment thru creating enabling and peaceful environment for investors to troop in. Obi has attracted big multinational investors to Anambra far above any other state in the Southern Nigeria apart from lagos. Such caliber of people deserves to run the economy of this country.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2012
ozoebuka1: i cant believe u guy are putting the people of enugu state above imolites.. dats weird u know.. rochas has an upper hand and he is da best candidate.. he has his personal money, he wont be going there eat nigerian money but just to help us out!!

Abeg shut up dere... Whats money got to do with anything?! Obj had money before he bacame president yet!!

Rochas will fail woefully at the polls.. Nigerians havent forgotten his antics from the last campaign when he ran for president..

Sullivan Chime is the bast Candidate.. Other than him, we will go with Prof. Chukwuma Soludo or Onkonjo Iweala..
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bestview: 12:02pm On May 27, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Abeg shut up dere... Whats money got to do with anything?! Obj had money before he bacame president yet!!

Rochas will fail woefully at the polls.. Nigerians havent forgotten his antics from the last campaign when he ran for president..

Sullivan Chime is the bast Candidate.. Other than him, we will go with Prof. Chukwuma Soludo or Onkonjo Iweala..

The bolded are real Igbo candidates of trust. No more no less
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 12:04pm On May 27, 2012
bestview:

I believe you will do well to stop mentioning such talkative as Rochas who has not disappointed imo people that he is a real talking drum. We have people as Peter Obi, he is a quiet revolutionist, FG knows his worth that is why he was appointed into the economic team of the present federal govt. The governance is not only tarring few KM of raods only in urban center, but embracing all sectors of the economy and area of the state. Creating employment thru creating enabling and peaceful environment for investors to troop in. Obi has attracted big multinational investors to Anambra far above any other state in the Southern Nigeria apart from lagos. Such caliber of people deserves to run the economy of this country.

Fair enough and let's leave it like that. Whoever is nominated by Ohaneze is the one I will campaign for. My personal preference for those who have structure and are popular across Nigeria is what it is - personal preference. But for greater good you and I should drop that preference for whoever Ohaneze chooses.

Deal, brother?
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by chemashie(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2012
ozoebuka1: i cant believe u guy are putting the people of enugu state above imolites.. dats weird u know.. rochas has an upper hand and he is da best candidate.. he has his personal money, he wont be going there eat nigerian money but just to help us out!!
You must be outa ur mind when you typed this. Atiku & IBB are also rich, yet they are still interested in ruling us so sell that crap, rochas to us cos he has not even spent up to 2 years as a gov.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bestview: 12:09pm On May 27, 2012
PointB:

Fair enough and let's leave it like that. Whoever is nominated by Ohaneze is the one I will campaign for. My personal preference for those who have structure and are popular across Nigeria is what it is - personal preference. But for greater good you and I should drop that preference for whoever Ohaneze chooses.

Deal, brother?

Nwanne mu ekwelum ife ikwulu. Dalu
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 12:14pm On May 27, 2012
bestview:

Nwanne mu ekwelum ife ikwulu. Dalu

Dalu nwanne, otua ko kwesili idi. Ofu obi!
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:17pm On May 27, 2012
PointB..

I was clowning with the Abia & Imo line (just trying to stir up some trouble) but if we really are serious about the Presidency, then we need to quell all the internal subtle differences that exist between us...

Rochas is not the candidate we need.. We need to start looking for a candidate that would be widely accepted across ethnic lines... I would have suggested Okonjo Iweala (and Sanusi lamido Sanusi) cos she has the ability to bring about strong econmic reforms .. Plus she would be the first strong female candidate and also her ruputation is international.. However, we need to find away to spin this subsidy issue to ply in her favour as people seem to harbour strong prejudices towards her on the issue..

Sullivan Chime is the only eastern Governor now that has shown that he is a progressive and Y2K compliant.. If he is to be our candidate, then Umunna need to start prepping him from now and would mean leaving Enugu State in a state of optimum development.. His campaign would be based on his achievements as Enugu governor..

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo is another Candidate worthy of mention.. His achievements with the banking reforms are there for all to see.. He had some down points no doubt but nonetheless, a gOod camppaign manager can sell him..

The rest are not up to par.. Rochas has 4year to prove his abilities with Imo state.. So far, I'm not impressed.. He need to start talking less and doing more..

Otherwise... 2015 remains the year of the second coming Of FRESH AIR
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by wellfavoured(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2012
[quote author=alj harem]Enugu – The Igbos on Friday in Enugu organised a forum to discuss strategies to make the dream of Igbo presidency in 2015 a reality.

The group met under the aegis of Igbo Unity Forum and the forum was entitled: “Ndigbo in the Geo-Politics of Nigeria, the way forward”.

A members of the Ohaneze Ndigbo, former governor of Anambra, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife and traditional rulers delivering a key note address urged the Igbos to affirm their commitment in getting the presidency in 2015.

“We have said that Igbo Nigerian president is important to us and we must pray to God to get it.

“Igbos should play a game of cooperation not competition. We are super qualified for the presidency but we will be organised to achieve it.

“This time around, we are going to cooperate, all Igbos must go for campaign in all the tribes in the country to tell them what we want,’’ Ezeife said.

Ezeife, however, called for the implementation of the resolutions at the last South-east economic summit held in Enugu.

The Deputy National President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Mr Iga Igaliwe, restated its commitment toward ensuring the sustainability of Igbo culture through its leaders.

“We will create a platform for our leaders to come and air their views because we know that our problem is failure in leadership. We must strive to achieve success.’’ he said.

The Chairman of the occasion, Amb. Godwin Onyegbula, called for the actualisation of the Igbo cause to produce fruitful results.

“Igbos need to work hard in the Nigerian political parties to establish relevance,’’ Onyegbula said.

The President General of Umuada Igbo in Nigeria, Mrs Uzoamaka Ezeofor, in her speech decried the dearth of Igbo mother tongue.

Ezeofor appealed to the parents to always teach their children Igbo language as a way of preserving their culture. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/igbos-unite-for-2015-presidency it shall come to pass
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by SpiritofOkija(m): 12:24pm On May 27, 2012
mekaboy: HMM IGBO PRESIDENT 2015? NOPE I DONT THINK SO SEEMS LIKE GEJ WILL CONTEST AGAIN. IF HE WILL, I THINK THE IGBOS SHOULD FOCUS NOW ON UNITING AND DEVELOPING THE EAST, WE DONT REALLY NEED PRESIDENCY NOW.

WE NOW HAVE OIL AND OUR OWN REFINARY IN ANAMBRA STATE

WE NOW HAVE A SEA PORT IN ANAMBRA STATE

IF ENUGU AIRPORT FINALY BECOMES AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

AS INDUSTRIOUS AND BUSINESS MINDED PEOPLE WE HAVE ENOUGH TO TURN THE EASTERN NIGERIA INTO A COUNTRY LIKE DUBAI IN 8YEARS . IF WE FOCUS ON WHAT WE HAVE NOW AND MAKE THE BEST USE OF IT, WE DONT NEED TO FIND GO FOR PRESIDENCY, NIGERIA WILL SEE THE TRANSFORMATION IN THE EAST AND BE WILLING TO HAVE AN IGBO MAN AS PRESIDENT SO THAT SUCH DEVELOPMENT WILL REPEATED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

IGBO KWENU

Well spoken..
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by wellfavoured(m): 12:24pm On May 27, 2012
God's willing, it shall come to pass
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Candyrain(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2012
And moreover, the Igbo president will have to be proper Igbo not Imo or Abia.. Anambra or no place else..[/quote]
Now that is the problem with the Igbos. What the hell do you mean a "proper Igbo not Imo or Abia" and you expect to win with this mindset of segregation. Some people can be so pathetic and annoying.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 12:29pm On May 27, 2012
@Okija,
I no longer care what you think or say. Igbos will follow the lead of Ohaneze, not pretenders or interlopers.

Case closed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Muslims On Ramadan , Urges Them To Promote Love And Peace / Buhari Leads Security Team To MALABO / APC To Decide On Zoning In June 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.