Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency (10828 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Buhari And Jonathan UNITE For Nigeria Centenary Celebration In Abuja.... / Obasanjo Has No Choice But To Back GEJ In 2015 – Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:31am On May 27, 2012
Enugu – The Igbos on Friday in Enugu organised a forum to discuss strategies to make the dream of Igbo presidency in 2015 a reality.

The group met under the aegis of Igbo Unity Forum and the forum was entitled: “Ndigbo in the Geo-Politics of Nigeria, the way forward”.

A members of the Ohaneze Ndigbo, former governor of Anambra, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife and traditional rulers delivering a key note address urged the Igbos to affirm their commitment in getting the presidency in 2015.

“We have said that Igbo Nigerian president is important to us and we must pray to God to get it.

“Igbos should play a game of cooperation not competition. We are super qualified for the presidency but we will be organised to achieve it.

“This time around, we are going to cooperate, all Igbos must go for campaign in all the tribes in the country to tell them what we want,’’ Ezeife said.

Ezeife, however, called for the implementation of the resolutions at the last South-east economic summit held in Enugu.

The Deputy National President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Mr Iga Igaliwe, restated its commitment toward ensuring the sustainability of Igbo culture through its leaders.

“We will create a platform for our leaders to come and air their views because we know that our problem is failure in leadership. We must strive to achieve success.’’ he said.

The Chairman of the occasion, Amb. Godwin Onyegbula, called for the actualisation of the Igbo cause to produce fruitful results.

“Igbos need to work hard in the Nigerian political parties to establish relevance,’’ Onyegbula said.

The President General of Umuada Igbo in Nigeria, Mrs Uzoamaka Ezeofor, in her speech decried the dearth of Igbo mother tongue.

Ezeofor appealed to the parents to always teach their children Igbo language as a way of preserving their culture. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/igbos-unite-for-2015-presidency/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:33am On May 27, 2012
Maybe Sullivan Chime for vice, but I dont believe that 2015 is our year..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:38am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: Maybe Sullivan Chime for vice, but I dont believe that 2015 is our year..

why do you say so ?

Roachas comes to mind, in as much as I always go for competence and merit; Rocahas ticks it for me.

A Roachas Presidential candidate would get my vote anytime anyday.

My brother 2015 is indeed the year were all Nigerian must unite to vote for a GOOD Igbo president and I am sure there are a lot out there. I don't subscribe to the idea of Igbos not producing the president for years while others do, it is wrong IMO

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:43am On May 27, 2012
2015 is the year of Jonathan..

Fresh Breeze 2015...

Ummuna 2019.. (candidate unknown.. But lord willing it wouldn't be Rochas and his Tanker of a wife..

And moreover, the Igbo president will have to be proper Igbo not Imo or Abia.. Anambra or no place else..
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:46am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: 2015 is the year of Jonathan..

Fresh Breeze 2015...

Ummuna 2019.. (candidate unknown.. But lord willing it wouldn't be Rochas and his Tanker of a wife..

And moreover, the Igbo president will have to be proper Igbo not Imo or Abia.. Anambra or no place else..

GEJ again !!!!

Ok my brother, Your people hold the steering the rest of us would just seat back and enjoy the ride.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bashr8: 12:47am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: Maybe Sullivan Chime for vice, but I dont believe that 2015 is our year..
who and who is our, you think NLders will be stupid enough to believe your igbo, smh
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 12:47am On May 27, 2012
2027 is more feasible. The contending forces for 2015 are that of GEJ and others.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:49am On May 27, 2012
Igbo 2019... That one I can bet...

An Igbo man would be the last President of Nigeria if care isnt taken, cos I know the North will implode..

The trick is Jonathan finishes and the South South and half of the west would team up with Ndi Igbo in 2019to vote in an Igbo President and keep the North away from the Presidency..
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 12:50am On May 27, 2012
If GEJ decides not to contest, it has to be Sullivan then!
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:51am On May 27, 2012
careytommy: If GEJ decides not to contest, it has to be Sullivan then!

If we had to pick from the East right this minute, then its Sullivan all the way.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:51am On May 27, 2012
bayooooooo: 2027 is more feasible. The contending forces for 2015 are that of GEJ and others.

IMO, I think if at all GEJ should honour his agreement with Ohaneze moreover it is about time they have there presidential turn but the man WOULD HAVE TO HAVE MERITS TO HIS NAME.

You see if GEJ say he is contesting again, Ohaneze and co have no choice here, it is called catch 22

They have no choice but to vote for him again because they know if they don't they would lose both ways.

Now the question is would Ohaneze bring out likes of Pat Utomi, Roachas etc which ALL Nigerians would love because of their merits.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:53am On May 27, 2012
alj harem:

IMO, I think if at all GEJ should honour his agreement with Ohaneze moreover it is about time they have there presidential turn but the man WOULD HAVE TO HAVE MERITS TO HIS NAME.

You see if GEJ say he is contesting again, Ohaneze and co have no choice here, it is called catch 22

They have no choice but to vote for him again because they know if they don't they would lose both ways.

Now the question is would Ohaneze bring out likes of Pat Utomi, Roachas etc which ALL Nigerians would love because of their merits.

Pat Utpmi is not Igbo is he?!

Which State?
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:53am On May 27, 2012
careytommy: If GEJ decides not to contest, it has to be Sullivan then!

Exactly my point

You see how people say IF GEJ decide this, etc SMH

I though we are in a democratic rule.

If GEJ does not perform, can't we vote for who we Nigerians think would do a better job ?
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 12:54am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija:

Pat Utpmi is not Igbo is he?!

Which State?

If I remember quite correctly according to Andre and co Pat Utomi is delta Igbo
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 12:56am On May 27, 2012
alj harem:

If I remember quite correctly according to Andre and co Pat Utomi is delta Igbo

And for the last time I am telling you that until Anambra and Enugu say they cant produce the President before you start talking About Imo, Abia and Ebonyi... Delta State is least on the food chain..
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 1:04am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija:

And for the last time I am telling you that until Anambra and Enugu say they cant produce the President before you start talking About Imo, Abia and Ebonyi... Delta State is least on the food chain..

My friend don't you ever get tired of talking nonsense and trying to deceive iidiiots like yourself?
You see why we curse you each time you claim to be Igbo? angry angry

@Topic, if Ezeife was there and supports it, then GEJ may have to forget about 2015 because he Ezeife was among the strongest supporters of GEJ in SE in 2011.

They, Ohanaeze, played a key role in Igbo support for Jonathan in 2011. If they urge our support again without showing CONCRETE achievement by GEJ for Ndigbo, then, umu igbo will likely stone them. cool

I have nothing to say yet until umunna and Ohanaeze take a position. cool
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by aljharem(m): 1:04am On May 27, 2012
Anyhow e go be, 2015 it seems like SW, SS would vote for an Igbo candidate and so would Middle belt and the north.

2015 is sure for Igbo taking only if the candidate is not PDP. Although again it upto Ezeife and co to steer well and play their politics right.

the only hindrance is if GEJ does constant electricity then GEJ would not all be a marta but also gain the love of everyone in the country thus Igbos would wait till 2019.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Germannig: 2:17am On May 27, 2012
I advise Igbos to wait until 2019. Jonathan has ruled 2 years (on behalf of Yaradua) and now another 4 years till 2015. That is enough for the Ijaws. It should revert to the North (preferably North East (Boko Haram grin grin grin grin grin) in 2015, with a strong agreement to go only one term up to 2019. After that, the igbos in 2019 for two terms up till 2027. For now Igbos should concentrate on developing Igboland and repatriating their investments scattered all over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bashr8: 2:21am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija:

your an im..becile and stop claiming to be igbo , your ignorance about anything igbo gives you away.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ektbear: 2:42am On May 27, 2012
lol
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 3:02am On May 27, 2012
As an Igbo, I will say that I couldn't care less from where the current president or future presidents come. All I ask is that the president is competent, qualified, can stand up to his or her peers, and has the nation's priorities in order. All this talk of which tribe will take what in which year is primitive.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ektbear: 3:04am On May 27, 2012
ogugua88: As an Igbo, I will say that I couldn't care less from where the current president or future presidents come. All I ask is that the president is competent, qualified, can stand up to his or her peers, and has the nation's priorities in order. All this talk of which tribe will take what in which year is primitive.

Hmm. I hope you did not misinterpret what i was 'loling' to. Heh
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 3:10am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija:

Correct guy!!! Which Local Government must come first in Anambra? grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 3:11am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Hmm. I hope you did not misinterpret what i was 'loling' to. Heh

Lol nope wink
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ektbear: 3:15am On May 27, 2012
ogugua88:

Lol nope wink

good smiley
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by EkoIle1: 3:54am On May 27, 2012
Futile effort regardless. It's not like any easterner can enter Aso Rock without the North and SW voting for the easterner which to me looks more like a mirage.

Forget about 2015, GEJ is spending your time and you gave him that time.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Afam4eva(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2012
ogugua88: As an Igbo, I will say that I couldn't care less from where the current president or future presidents come. All I ask is that the president is competent, qualified, can stand up to his or her peers, and has the nation's priorities in order. All this talk of which tribe will take what in which year is primitive.
Have we had any competent president thus far? The answer is a resounding no. Moreover, we need someone to fix some of the dire issues we've been asking for for a long time now.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by CyberG: 6:44am On May 27, 2012
OBJ is so imperfect like everyone but he indeed is the best president by a loooonnnnnggg short in recent history! Imagine the dunce from SS and voted in by the tribalist SE 98% vote, seeing a record which some people claim unimpressive, yet he can't even aspire to it let alone beat it!

Also it's funny how someone wants to lead a country he wants to break cos he doesn't believe in the country. How can an unpatriotic people want to lead others? Can someone give an objective explanation??
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Rhino5dm: 7:17am On May 27, 2012
We want Nigeria and We want our biafra? . . . .. . .for long time I haven't seen any less confused people. #OnlyGodCanSaveUs.!

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 7:21am On May 27, 2012
Another Okija: 2015 is the year of Jonathan..

Fresh Breeze 2015...

You've started spewing your garbage here? What the heck is proper Igbo? In what why is the Anambra Igbo more proper than their heartland Igbo counterparts? This is the kind of talk that create divisions in Igboland, and that is why your Igboness is always a suspect. I now know why you hate Rochas with such passion - he, in your little mind, is not a proper Igbo. Shame on you!

At topic, Igbos will follow the lead of Ohaneze leadership on this matter. Fortunately, our challenge is not that of dearth of leadership, it is the abundance of it. From the arrays of likes of Chime, Rochas, Soludo, Ameachi, Akunyili, Okonjo Iweala etc we can, at the very least match, whichever candidate our rivals for the position will churn. I know some will say Amechi is SS, anyway that does not in anyway diminish his Igboness.

The hard part really is reaching out to fearful, distrustful, paranoid neighbours across the Western Niger (Musiwa please show from the satellite picture), who resent Igboman for various unfounded reasons, to such extent that we think they would be happier if we leave the union for them!

As for GEJ, well, we have an understanding, we only have to whisper it into his ears, and of course offer him safe passage (for all have sinned and have come short ...)

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by kokoA(m): 7:43am On May 27, 2012
All these noise about igbo presidency again? ******yawns*****
As far as Nigerians are concerned you guys claimed that GEJ is igbo (AZIKIWE grin grin), so which igbo presidency are we talking about here again? You have already shot yourself in the foot my igbo brothers no thanks to your business men you call politicians. I mean no harm, but the bitter truth is eastern Nigeria is really not considered relivant in the scheme of things in Nigeria for now. Every other zone believe they can come up, pick an igbo runing mate of better still include an igbo name to their names and the whole igbo votes will be delivered even without campaigning grin grin grin grin So, do not be surprise when you hear a name like General Mohammed 'Chukwuemeka' Buhari in 2015. grin grin grin I trust my igbo people, they will vote him in. Thats the sad truth sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by PointB: 7:55am On May 27, 2012
^^^
Quit this mischievous and boring line already. There is no Igbo who didn't know that GEJ is an Ijawman. The vote for GEJ by Igbos had no ethnic coloration despite what people like you believe. Igbos voted for GEJ to heal the scars of war, and the close ranks with our immediate neighbours. And we have no regrets whatsoever for that. Annang, Ibibio, Efik, etc are also at the back of our minds. They were our allies in the war, and when the time come, they won't even need to ask for our support, they'll get 100% of our vote.

If that does not cut it for you, then perhaps your should continue living under illusion.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha To Present The "Ikoro" Igbo Newspaper, March 15 / FG To Fine Overstaying non-ECOWAS Foreigners $200 - $4000 / Tinubu Never Imposed Adelabu On Me, Ajimobi Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.