Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency (10841 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Buhari And Jonathan UNITE For Nigeria Centenary Celebration In Abuja.... / Obasanjo Has No Choice But To Back GEJ In 2015 – Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by noiseless: 9:36am On May 28, 2012
Well you said you left the country longtime ago and the country you left behind is no longer same, does it mean even if your Igbo brother are getting murdered with impunity they should remain with the same people who love to see only pains going their way? Finally the only people bringing up "real Igbo" or which Igbo state should come first are the same people who hate Igbos, and their aim is to give us bad name, and they do it here all the time with their fake igbo ids. Apart from one CHINO11 who thinks his village is the best in igboland which by the way he is not anti-igbo but we still call him to order, other than that the likes of "OKIJA JUJU" aka ALHJ HAREM is a not Igbo even with his broken Igbo which he writes with his other numerous ids. Thanks.
justsaying: I do not know where to begin. Well I am a Nigerian but left the country as a baby along with my family. Judging by what I am reading on this thread - I think its safe to say I made a lucky escape. Do you people realise what century you are living in? tribe tribe tribe is all you ever talk about. What does it matter if a president is igbo, Yoruba, Hausa or a product of any other tribe in Nigeria. The most important thing is that he gets the job done. It saddens me to read these comments from posters who I assume are relatively young. Now suddenly there is a debate between real igbo's and fake ones. You should be ashamed of yourselves, what utter nonsense and complete rubbish.It was only the other day I was reading the BS about dividing the country, that's a brilliant idea...lets split from the north so we can live happily ever after HA HA HA HA HA....don't make me laugh. You see there a bad seeds in every tribe and running from other tribes will not solve your problems. The Boko Haram is a serious issue but gives no Nigerian the right to vilify an entire region or ethnic group. Tribes are intermarrying more than ever before so dividing the country will result into nothing but a crazy mess. I remember reading Things Fall Apart in Uni, and loving everything there was about the igbos. I sat in my lecture and felt proud that this tribe existed in the country that I was born in. I am proud of all the Nigerian tribes but not ONE is greater than another and when Nigerians start to realise this the better. These forums reveal the reality of black on black on racism.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Ikology(m): 9:43am On May 28, 2012
rhymz: I find it so annoying when some Yoruba posters here arrogate to themselves the power to choose who becomes Nigeria's President and try to pontificate to Igbos about Unity like they don't have disagreements, betrayal of purpose and backstabbers amongst themselvess.
Like seriously, you guyz need to get over yourselves. Like One_only has told you lot, your power is limited by the whims and caprices of the Nigerian Politician who cares very little about any stoopid allegiance when his personal interest is served. Yoruba this, yoruba that. . .incase una never realise, GEJ burst una "we own Nigerian myth", he did not even need any serious southwest support to win the election by a huge margin, neither were the claims of the SW being the deciding factor shown to be true. That election realy burst a lot of your larger than life claims and myth, so you guyz should calm da phuck down jor!! No one region can go it alone, whether SW, the whole of the north or even the entire Eastern region.

Now to the issue of the identity of Okija-Juju, I believe he is not Aljaharam. I am almost certain they are different, you can easily tell from the structure of what they write. Okija-Juju is far more articulate and makes more sense when he wants to get intellectual.
Okija-JUju is IGBO but a rabid isolationist that cares little about other Igbos except the Anambra Igbo(in that context, I agree with onlytruth when he says you are not Igbo cos no Igbo person will spew the hokum you are fond of spewing all the time) just like the other bigot too, Chino. They are Igbos but the type no sane Igbo person should be like.

Alja-haram on the other hand is a stooopid man's idea of an intellectual. He is a PRETENDER whose mission here on NL is to cross the Igbos against the Yorubas and vice versa, depending on the direction the ill-wind blows his nYansh.
He obviously is suffering from split personality disorder, he alone can start a thread, make inciting comments on it, use different generics to answer them just to get attention. His ego seems to thrive on stoopid antics that make Igbo and Yorubas fight on NL. He is so deluded that he can start a fight in an empty room. He is too damn easy to figure out, the guy is not smart and rely heavily on copy and paste junks.
Only a dunce like him will fall for his dumb antics of calling tribes out.
+1000
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by noiseless: 9:43am On May 28, 2012
OKIJA JUJU maybe from IJABU IGBO in yorubaland which we all know that IJABU IGBO is in ogun state the heart of yorubaland or IGBO MINNA in niger state hausaland.
rhymz: I find it so annoying when some Yoruba posters here arrogate to themselves the power to choose who becomes Nigeria's President and try to pontificate to Igbos about Unity like they don't have disagreements, betrayal of purpose and backstabbers amongst themselvess.
Like seriously, you guyz need to get over yourselves. Like One_only has told you lot, your power is limited by the whims and caprices of the Nigerian Politician who cares very little about any stoopid allegiance when his personal interest is served. Yoruba this, yoruba that. . .incase una never realise, GEJ burst una "we own Nigerian myth", he did not even need any serious southwest support to win the election by a huge margin, neither were the claims of the SW being the deciding factor shown to be true. That election realy burst a lot of your larger than life claims and myth, so you guyz should calm da phuck down jor!! No one region can go it alone, whether SW, the whole of the north or even the entire Eastern region.

Now to the issue of the identity of Okija-Juju, I believe he is not Aljaharam. I am almost certain they are different, you can easily tell from the structure of what they write. Okija-Juju is far more articulate and makes more sense when he wants to get intellectual.
Okija-JUju is IGBO but a rabid isolationist that cares little about other Igbos except the Anambra Igbo(in that context, I agree with onlytruth when he says you are not Igbo cos no Igbo person will spew the hokum you are fond of spewing all the time) just like the other bigot too, Chino. They are Igbos but the type no sane Igbo person should be like.

Alja-haram on the other hand is a stooopid man's idea of an intellectual. He is a PRETENDER whose mission here on NL is to cross the Igbos against the Yorubas and vice versa, depending on the direction the ill-wind blows his nYansh.
He obviously is suffering from split personality disorder, he alone can start a thread, make inciting comments on it, use different generics to answer them just to get attention. His ego seems to thrive on stoopid antics that make Igbo and Yorubas fight on NL. He is so deluded that he can start a fight in an empty room. He is too damn easy to figure out, the guy is not smart and rely heavily on copy and paste junks.
Only a dunce like him will fall for his dumb antics of calling tribes out.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:54am On May 28, 2012
Wow!!

I must have struck a chord .. See insults na!!

Let me start by apologizing to all the Umunna's, I didnt say those things to hurt anybody.. Its just Okija Juju being an a'ss. I had no idea y'all would take me so seriously.. That said...

Lets all calm down and relax.. This issue as far as Nairaland is concerned is just a debate, but we never know who is watching and hiding behind these user names.. O well, heres my 1 cent on this issue;

Serious face on!!

1. As it stands, the first problem we Ndi Igbo need to take care of is internal. We have to settle all differences between us. E.g is the issue I raised before of one Igbo State being more Igbo than the other.. We may trivialize this but best believe that it is an issue that somewhat exists amongst us.. Would the Anambraians, Imo, Abia and Enonyi consider a Delta man Igbo enough to represent us even if he is the most qualified amongst all the candidates?! Would he gather the same amount of votes as would an Anambra candidate and all.. Would a Pat Utomi enjoy the same popularity in Anambra State as an Okonjo-Iweala or a Ken Nnamani, Would Imo support an Okotie as they would an Okorocha?! Dont answer, just food for thought..

2. One candidate of repute and nothing more.. The Fiasco of 2003, 2007 & 2011 where we had

2003 Igbo Candidates;

Col. Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu running under All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA),
Sen. Ike Nwachukwu running under National Democratic Party (NDP)...

also that of 2007 where it got worse with

Orji Uzor Kalu under Progressive People Alliance (PPA),
Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu with All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA),
Chris Okotie with Fresh Democratic Party (FDP),
Pat Utomi Afican Democratic Congress (ADC),
Emmanuel Okereke African Democratic Congress (ADC),
Maxi Okwu Citizens Political Party (CPP),
Batholomew Nnaji with Better Nigeria Party (BNP).. To name a few..

AND YET AGAIN in 2011 we had;

Pat Utomi (Social Democratic Mega Party),
Chris Nwaokobia (Liberal Democratic Party),
Chris Okotie (Fresh Democratic Party),
Nwadike Chikezie (Peoples Mandate Party),
Peter Nwangwu (African Democratic Congress).. Amongst others..

This is just plain stupid.. A house divided against itself cannot stand.. If this repeats itself in 2015 or 2019 whichever one we decide on, we would fail yet again.. Its cute to sit in the comfort of your houses and clamour for a Presidential candidate but look at the subtle division amongst our ranks..

3. Geographically speaking we dont have enough population strenght to pull off this on our own.. We cant even force a run-off election on our own.. Alliances need to be formed.. The Yorubas would have to be brought onboard as well as the South-South and even the Middle belt.. These alliances would not be easy to form so the work would have to start now.. not last minute. .

4. Credible Candidate.. This one is of utmost importance as well.. If he has a visible blemish on his robe, do away with him.. Our candidate must have a pristine record, a history of achievements and most be someone that has a wide appeal across ethinicities.. This should not be taken for granted..

5. Biafra.. This Biafra matter should at no point during this crusade be brought up.. This issue can destroy everything for us. MASSOB would have to be put on a tight leash.. We cant have them running around acting a fool and scaring away the alliance..

6. Ohaneze had better get their act together especially as they are supposed to be the ralling point for Ndi Igbos. They have their work cut out for them and the earlier they realize that the race isnt easy, the better their preparations would be..

This issue sounds easy on paper, but the work is difficult. Make hay while the sun shines..

P.S: It dosent matter where I come from.. Igbo or not, I am Nigerian First and foremost until such a time as when Nigeria stops existing!! And inasmuch as Alj_Harem and I are two different physical entities, I have accepted him as my e-alta ego.. Now let that subject die as well..

Alusi Okija... The gods are not to blame cos' THE GODS ARE WISE...
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by bayulll01(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Wow!!

Let me start by apologizing to all the Umunna's, I didnt say those things to hurt anybody.. Its just Okija Juju being an a'ss. I had no idea y'all would take me so seriously.. That said...

Lets all calm down and relax.. This issue as far as Nairaland is concerned is just a debate, but we never know who is watching and hiding behind these user names.. O well, heres my 1 cent on this issue;

Serious face on!!

1. As it stands, the first problem we Ndi Igbo need to take care of is internal. We have to settle all differences between us. E.g is the issue I raised before of one Igbo State being more Igbo than the other.. We may trivialize this but best believe that it is an issue that somewhat exists amongst us.. Would the Anambraians, Imo, Abia and Enonyi consider a Delta man Igbo enough to represent us even if he is the most qualified amongst all the candidates?! Would he gather the same amount of votes as would an Anambra candidate and all.. Would a Pat Utomi enjoy the same popularity in Anambra State as an Okonjo-Iweala or a Ken Nnamani, Would Imo support an Okotie as they would an Okorocha?! Dont answer, just food for thought..

2. One candidate of repute and nothing more.. The Fiasco of 2003, 2007 & 2011 where we had

2003 Igbo Candidates;

Col. Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu running under All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA),

This is just plain stupid.. A house divided against itself cannot stand.. If this repeats itself in 2015 or 2019 whichever one we decide on, we would fail yet again.. Its cute to sit in the comfort of your houses and clamour for a Presidential candidate but look at the subtle division amongst our ranks..

3. Geographically speaking we dont have enough population strenght to pull off this on our own.. We cant even force a run-off election on our own.. Alliances need to be formed.. The Yorubas would have to be brought onboard as well as the South-South and even the Middle belt.. These alliances would not be easy to form so the work would have to start now.. not last minute. .

4. Credible Candidate.. This one is of utmost importance as well.. If he has a visible blemish on his robe, do away with him.. Our candidate must have a pristine record, a history of achievements and most be someone that has a wide appeal across ethinicities.. This should not be taken for granted..

5. Biafra.. This Biafra matter should at no point during this crusade be brought up.. This issue can destroy everything for us. MASSOB would have to be put on a tight leash.. We cant have them running around acting a fool and scaring away the alliance..

6. Ohaneze had better get their act together especially as they are supposed to be the ralling point for Ndi Igbos. They have their work cut out for them and the earlier they realize that the race isnt easy, the better their preparations would be..

This issue sounds easy on paper, but the work is difficult. Make hay while the sun shines..

P.S: It dosent matter where I come from.. Igbo or not, I am Nigerian First and foremost until such a time as when Nigeria stops existing!! And inasmuch as Alj_Harem and I are two different physical entities, I have accepted him as my e-alta ego.. Now let that subject die as well..

Thank you jare my brother you won my hearth,untill we see ourself as one nigerian then we will move forward,dont listen to some eed1ot here on nl
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by baysol: 10:54am On May 28, 2012
You people are leaving in dream land. You who cannot even rule yourself talk less of Nigeria. You are been forever anti Nigeria that is why their is so much rot. The Igbos and the hausa fulani bigots will never rule Nigeria again till the split becomes a reality. You guys are simply not of quality for such promotion. The faceless ohanaeze that doesn't even have a leader, not to talk of a president of federation of Nigeria. Big dreamers dream on.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2012
AND LEST I FORGET...

7... If we are serious on this Igbo Presidency issue.. We need to embrace PDP.. APGA wouldn't sell outside of the South east... This will be the greatest undoing of the CPC and so we need to work with the PDP as they are the only strong political party that cuts across ethinic barriers.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ak47mann(m): 12:20pm On May 28, 2012
baysol: You people are leaving in dream land. You who cannot even rule yourself talk less of Nigeria. You are been forever anti Nigeria that is why their is so much rot. The Igbos and the hausa fulani bigots will never rule Nigeria again till the split becomes a reality. You guys are simply not of quality for such promotion. The faceless ohanaeze that doesn't even have a leader, not to talk of a president of federation of Nigeria. Big dreamers dream on.
are you from this world?you are the big dreamer because 2015 is a thin line b/w war and peace in Nigeria mumu cool
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 28, 2012

Serious face on!!

2003 Igbo Candidates;

You seem to be the first HBE who truly understand the peculiar Nigerian political terrain. Good one.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by noiseless: 4:42pm On May 28, 2012
Nonsense! I can create a fake Yoruba id as well and point out the disunity in yorubaland, by telling them why they could not have made it to the presidency if it had not been served to to some of them as a way of caretaker positions who were used to deny their own winner of election on more than one occasions. OBASANJO 1979 V OWOLOWO,SHENEKON/OLADIPO DIYA V ABIOLA 1993, but then it's not in my nature. ALHJ HAREM/OKIJA WHATEVER don't try to be clever you are not igbo and you have never been, And IKEMBA NWEKE TE TE that you hate so much and lied against him will remain our hero forever,you can now go and wash your stinking Yoruba @ss or you perish.

Serious face on!!

2003 Igbo Candidates;

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by rhymz(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2012

Serious face on!!

2003 Igbo Candidates;

@Okija-Juju
1. Let us not muddle up our points and aims here, our demands are very clear and realistic. The matter here is not just about having a Nigerian President that is just Igbo. I believe our politics in Nigeria is very territorial, it will be folly and sheer display of political naivety to not put the sub-region of the interested Igbo canditate in consideration when debating about whom the Igbo nation should support.
It is a known fact that the southsouth is using its turn at the moment, it will make no political sense to say ok, let's support an Igbo person from thesame sub-region whose turn is alreadt running against another one from a region that is yet to use its turn. This is not about being more Igbo than the others, this is politics of common sense and fairness. Infact, choosing an Igbo from SS region will walk against our aims as people from other region will argue that thesame sub-region that is about to finish a tenure should not be supported again in whatever guise, that in effect, will thwart whatever alliances we hope to form with people outside of the entire estern region and ultimately kill our dreams of having one of our own there.
It will give others the moral right to align against the Igbo purpose, to them it will be a wake up call to an impending domination of not just the Igbo but people from the eastern region.
So yes, if we are to give our support to any credible Igbo candidate, it is expedient that the Igbo son must be from the southeast sub-region, this has nothing to do with their Igboness. Enough said on that already.
Point .2 while it is very important that we have a consensus candidate, I think it is very important that we recognize the fact that it is not perculiar to Igbos to see a region with more than one candidates indicating interests.
Yorubas, Hausas and co all do it, I wonder why it has to be exploited when Igbos do it. For crying out loud, this is a democracy everyone can contest, we can't stop anyone that wishes to contest from doing so, what we need is a collective endorsement of one person from influential igbo groups, associations, sons and daughters . Anyone is free to come out, it is a democracy dear, no matter the consensus agreement reached in a region, it does not stop anyone from comimg out from that region if they want to, it does not make them any less igbo or the agreement reached inconclusive.
Point 3. No one is in denial of an alliance with other regions, that is a must. Infact, no one region has the population strength to go it alone, forming an alliance is a must of course but it has to be with willing regions that are ready to be fair and trusted in the long run, not the ones that will turn a volte face when you need them.
Point.4 what you call "credible" is subjective and might be exploited by others to their own benefits. I believe we have very capable hands in ala igbo, that is not in doubt, we dont just need credible person with all the qualities u mentioned alone, the person has to be popular beyond the fringes of geo-politics.
Point 5. Biafra has never posed a problem to igbo's realisation of the presidency. It is stoopid and exploitative for anyone to make such arguments, till date they are yet to wreck the kind of havoc Massop, BokoHaram, OPC, MEND and co have done in this country yet detractors like to mischieviously talk about them as if they are Nigeria's problem. Abeg free that matter jor, all that one na splitting hair arguments jor.
Point 6. Ohaneze is only as strong as the support we give them, so far, they have not done badly in many of their decisions, they jave shown some tacts that paid of somehow. I believe they wont disappoint, all they need is our support.
Point 7. I quite agree with you, PDP remains the best platform to realize our aim.
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by ak47mann(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2012
noiseless: Even an uhrobo president would prefer his cabinet to be less or no Yorubas at all to avoid their hypocricy pulling down his govt. So the uhrobos,ijaws ibiobios,igbos etc are working hard dispite the man made hardship to ensure GEJ's govt is not hyjacked by the "owners of nigeria"
true cool cool cool
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by slam7000(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2012

Serious face on!!

2003 Igbo Candidates;

Pardon my ignorance,is chris okotie an igbo man
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by noiseless: 9:19pm On May 28, 2012
I wish you hadn't asked the boko haram man this question so he could continue making fool of himself as usual, who knows he might even claim that enahoro or the oba of bini are igbo. This is how i like to make him use his mouth to expose himself, even a hausa/Yoruba who only come to sell cows or bonbonrise in igboland knows chris okotie is urhobo delta state, anyway that is (ALHJ HAREM aka OKIJA JUJU)for you.
slam7000:

Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by AnotherOkija: 10:48pm On May 28, 2012
slam7000:

And it has begun!
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by donelcee: 8:58am On May 29, 2012
True sullivan is xtreemly good, bt his effrts lyes withn d boundries of Enugu state(my state). Bt if we are talkn abt real igbo man huz name nd nd efrt myt win d vote of al nigerians-nt jst igbos, then we are talking abt Roachas Okoro...
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by okeybaka: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
yes oooo
Re: Igbos Unite For 2015 Presidency by baysol: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2012
ak47mann: are you from this world?you are the big dreamer because 2015 is a thin line b/w war and peace in Nigeria mumu cool

Dumb ass you talk of war as if the Igbos are known to have won one ever. Let me tell you, u will all will be wipped to oblivion if u aren't careful. Your war lord push you all into the armageddon of civil war and yet when they begin to kill you in the north you did nothing but blow hot air ur regular trade mark. Rubbish, 2015 ko mchieew.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Has A Lazy Political Class – Pat Utomi / Senate May Proceed On Recess Without Buhari’s Ministerial List / We Do Not Have The Intention To Increase Our PMS Pump Prices - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.