Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests (14842 Views)

Two Generals Purportedly Express Shock Over Jonathan’s Boko Haram War Politics / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ak47mann(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2012
chiover: Interesting to knw dat MkO Abiola is a piece of shit to yoruba pipl. I'v said it b4 d average yoruba man lacks respect. Plz GEJ Name futo Ojukwu university we wil embrace it o
hahahahahahahahahahahahah grin
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2012
The so called children of MKO has got a couple of bricks missing from their building. Seriously, let the truth be said. What and in how many ways have their father contributed to education in his lifetime and to Unilag? Whatever he did in his lifetime does not justify that a polytechnic (Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Abeokuta) and a university should be named after him. for God sakes, was he better than Awolowo who gave free education to the entire western region? And yet, he has just a university named after him (and the 100naira note and that is becaus he was a great leader just like Zik and Tafawa Belewa). if the government is really sincere in immortalizing him, there are better ways that are more suited to his little achievements to the country eg, rename National Assembly Building after him or make June 12 a national holiday and not a Lagos State holiday. Otherwise, I think they should they should just forget it. Don't forget that this is the same man that was have alleged to have sponsored some coups in this country and if there is any iota of truth in it, then his death and annulment of June 12 election is simply him reaping the seeds he sowed.
My 2cents.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On May 30, 2012
icez:

But he won an election.

I didn't say he did not win the election. Goodluck Jonathan also(supposedly) won an election, does that then make him a hero? undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On May 30, 2012

1. A real honor is renaming democracy day after him and recognize his place as president posthumously, this will get the support of everyone or most reasonable people.

The above, would have been the most sensible course of action for the Federal Government. Not this nonsense.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by icez: 4:10pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I didn't say he did not win the election. Goodluck Jonathan also(supposedly) won an election, does that then make him a hero? undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Point of correction,GEJ won an election.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by OK2NV4: 4:15pm On May 30, 2012
okosodo: Abiola did‘nt fight for any1, he fought 4 himself
I am out of this useless site.
Niggaz will forever be backward
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Kaynana(m): 4:15pm On May 30, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
To my own side I think MKO deserve to Name after Unilag.......let us come together and pray for this nation
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Beaf: 4:16pm On May 30, 2012
Lets be honest, something has gone terribly wrong in the SW.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
you can always trust the aso rock dunce to sow discord whenever he takes an action

the great divider angry angry angry
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by lorenzos1: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
chiover: Interesting to knw dat MkO Abiola is a piece of shit to yoruba pipl. I'v said it b4 d average yoruba man lacks respect. Plz GEJ Name futo Ojukwu university we wil embrace it o

Oga don't be a block head..why would u jst attack d yorubas like dat...becos a bunch of youngsters are protesting over a change of name..besides has it not occureed to you that more than 80% of the so called protesters while either toddlers or not even borrn during the June 12 elections..thus they might not see him as a hero as such aand besides we aalready av a moshood abiola poly...GEJ is only trying to score cheap points...He is jst a weakling...
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by icez: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
cry cry

OK=2=NV:

I am out of this useless site.
Niggaz will forever be backward
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ndahbros1: 4:21pm On May 30, 2012
Moshood Abiola Poly + Moshood Abiola University = Moshood Abiola Group of Schools.

Folanke Nursery and Primary school to be renamed Moshood Abiola Nursery/Primary School: Sources.

Oremi Secondary School to be renamed Moshood Abiola Secondary School: Aso Rock aide.

All will become Moshood Abiola Conglomerate of Schools.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by talk2hb1(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2012
I am over surprise when people says what is in a name, most especially UNILAG.As a yoruba boy and an AKOKITE name is more valuable than GOLD and SILVER. how many of you will ever want his father name changed ( as the yoruba saying goes: that only a bastard will ever abuse is father in the market place). UNILAG is a branded name, that took more than 50years to brand, why should the president come from nowhere to change it overnight. I'm even more disappointed in the Abiola's family for welcoming the development, unknown to them its an insult on their family name.Why dont he find a way of letting an elected member of the Abiola's family to come and be the president of the country for two or four years.
He who encourages that the name be change shall have his/her family name be change
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 30, 2012
CyberG:

Obviously you are too stoopid to have any sense! Only tribal cretins like you reason and talk in Brain farts!
he Abiola gave u mosque,free education,soccer team,marry most of ur sis dat wudnt hav goten married,gave u job and stil u frown at d naming of ur so called unicheat(unilag) after him. Dats shows bad bele n lak of respect. Inf GEJ Shd even name UI afta rashidi yekini mek i c wetin una pe**nis go fit ejeculate
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 30, 2012
icez:

Point of correction,GEJ won an election.

Don't bother correcting me. I couldn't care less what your view of this is. Just trying to get you to see how disconnected your statement that the other won an election has to do with some proclaiming him a hero.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ndahbros1: 4:25pm On May 30, 2012
Desola: seriously though, can this decision be reversed? I'm even sadder than the day he won the election. This man has become a thorn in our flesh. I despise him beyond words.

He is a devourer, he has come to destroy all good things in his path. I curse those who voted for him!

We multiply ur curse, wrap it well, and send it back to u, ur family, ur generation, and all that u stand for. May it never be well wit u forever. May hatred bring u HBP and, and, and....
No let me curse u o.

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by icez: 4:26pm On May 30, 2012
talk2hb1: I am over surprise when people says what is in a name, most especially UNILAG.As a yoruba boy and an AKOKITE name is more valuable than GOLD and SILVER. how many of you will ever want his father name changed ( as the yoruba saying goes: that only a bastard will ever abuse is father in the market place). UNILAG is a branded name, that took more than 50years to brand, why should the president come from nowhere to change it overnight. I'm even more disappointed in the Abiola's family for welcoming the development, unknown to them its an insult on their family name.Why dont he find a way of letting an elected member of the Abiola's family to come and be the president of the country for two or four years.
He who encourages that the name be change shall have his/her family name be change

Such a childish reply.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ayox2003: 4:27pm On May 30, 2012
The SW are not like the SS and the Northerners that hide under "Na our own, make we support am". They say the truth. U can ask OBJ how we challenged his bid for 3rd term.
That said, MKO NEVER, I repeat NEVER fought for the people. He fought for himself. Do you think he was killed because of his political programs for the masses? Hell no.
But he was the duly elected President in 1993, anyways.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by icez: 4:32pm On May 30, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided

ayox2003: The SW are not like the SS and the Northerners that hide under "Na our own, make we support am". They say the truth. U can ask OBJ how we challenged his bid for 3rd term.
That said, MKO NEVER, I repeat NEVER fought for the people. He fought for himself. Do you think he was killed because of his political programs for the masses? Hell no.
But he was the duly elected President in 1993, anyways.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ndahbros1: 4:34pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf: Lets be honest, something has gone terribly wrong in the SW.

Only in ur imaginations.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by abhosts(m): 4:36pm On May 30, 2012
Most of the protesting Students are not really concerned about the Unilag Brand that GEJ has deleted. They just think the new name sounds Razz. They would probably have been fine with an Oyinbo sounding name like Anderson Kent University.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by icez: 4:36pm On May 30, 2012
Show some love to MKO
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by hotwax: 4:45pm On May 30, 2012
M.K.O was another almajiri/boko-haram when he was alive.

Remember the sponsorhip of the sinking of three million copies of the Holy Bible into the high sea by MKO and co.

I am a Yoruba, but he is no leader.

MKO, rest in mud
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 30, 2012
If the MKO means so much to the fisherman, why doesnt he change the name of one of the universities in his region afterall no b one naija?

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by moderattor: 4:47pm On May 30, 2012
lol
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Jakumo(m): 4:52pm On May 30, 2012
Only the thousands of Nigerian students whose education was funded by late M.K.O Abiola will ever truly appreciate what a great man he was. Those one-time students, now all flying high in various professions, will always have fond memories of the Bashorun, knowing that that the helping hand he offered was without condition or tribal consideration.

Baba Kola, Baba Deji, rest in peace sir, for you fought the good fight, made your mark, and achieved greatness that will definitely elude most of the screeching chimpanzees who comandeered huge buses and used them to blockade Lagos Third Mainland Bridge for three hours on this day, in purported protest of your LONG OVERDUE recognition as an unmatched champion of educating the forgotten dowtrodden.

Rest in Peace M.K.O Abiola, for those who know the true measure of goodness will ALWAYS revere your name.
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by usbcable(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2012
I AM SOOO LOST FOR WORDS.

1. I am just disappointed that people are saying Abiola did nothing for Nigerian Masses yet he was massively voted for in 1993 and uptil date countless political analyst say he died for a just cause.

From 1972 until his death Moshood Abiola had been conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria, in response to the fact that his financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria, and was grand patron to 149 societies or associations in Nigeria. In this way Abiola reached out and won admiration across the multifarious ethnic and religious divides in Nigeria. In addition to his work in Nigeria, Moshood Abiola was a dedicated supporter of the Southern African Liberation movements from the 1970s and he sponsored the campaign to win reparations for slavery and colonialism in Africa and the diaspora. Chief Abiola, personally rallied every African head of state, and every head of state in the black diaspora to ensure that Africans would speak with one voice on the issues.

Moshood Abiola was twice voted international businessman of the year, and received numerous honorary doctorates from universities all over the world. In 1987 he was bestowed with the golden key to the city of Washington D.C., and he was bestowed with awards from the NAACP and the King center in the USA, as well as the International Committee on Education for Teaching in Paris, amongst many others.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshood_Kashimawo_Olawale_Abiola

with all the above being said about a great man of international accaim, some people still disrespect him all because they want to remain nicknamed ''Unilag babes and Unilag Guys''

its just shameful some yoruba's are also not seeing his magnanimity. maybe they were too young to know what it was like on June 12, 1993.

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by YommiE1(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2012
MKO fought for his pocket so please stop trying to immortalize him abi wetin the guy do na him go first drink tea
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Reptyle(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2012
I am completely embarrassed for the Yoruba race. I am not a fan of Jonathan and this name change may have come at an inopportune time...but the fact remains that the man Abiola is an icon of democracy in this country. I do not understand the reason for this hoopla over the renaming of a federal institution after him. I cannot believe that the same southwest that has been in the forefront of the struggle to have him recognized is now championing the protest against the same recognition.

Suddenly, Abiola is now a criminal who doesn't deserve an honour What kind of people are these Yoruba people who cut their own nose to spite their face Jonathan may have had ulterior motives for the honor done Abiola...but it is an honor nonetheless. Abiola may have been a reluctant martyr...but he was a martyr nonetheless. I hope that he gets some more national recognition...like a day dedicated to him. But Jonathan's gesture, ill-timed and all, is a good start and should be commended rather than greeted with reprehension.

UNILAG is a brand name my big black ass angry angry
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by deshclones(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2012
Desola: seriously though, can this decision be reversed? I'm even sadder than the day he won the election. This man has become a thorn in our flesh. I despise him beyond words.

He is a devourer, he has come to destroy all good things in his path. I curse those who voted for him!

m0r0nic f00l cursing GEJ that your entire 14 generation combined can never achieve a quarter of what GEJ has achieved....such evil soul...we return the curse back to you and everything you hold dear....baggah
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On May 30, 2012
sammirano: @Poster, are you minding UNILAG kids who don't known anything as at the life of MKO but were unfortunate to hear bad stories regarding the philanthropist.

You mean this Philanthropist?

The story of Abiola’s life is a classic rags to riches story that could be a Hollywood film. He was born into poverty in a large family. His birth came after a series of failed pregnancies, still born children and infant deaths in his family. He eventually attended the famous Baptist Boys High School in his home town of Abeokuta, in Ogun State. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is another alumnus of that school. Afterward he studied accountancy at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. He then worked with the multi-national pharmaceutical company Pfizer.[size=13pt] [b]However Abiola made his name and riches when he joined the telecommunications company International Telegraph and Telephone (ITT). Abiola eventually became the chairman of ITT and via series of cordial relations with key army officers, Abiola amassed so much wealth, influence and fame that he once boasted of being the richest African on Earth.

Two of Abiola’s closest military friends were then Minister of Communications Brigadier Murtala Muhammed and Lt-Col Ibrahim Babangida. Abiola met Babangida in 1974 when Abiola was selling radio systems to the military. Babangida was sent to evaluate the quality of devices being sold by Abiola. According to Babangida “From that time the relationship developed and he was always around”. Abiola also met Brigadier Muhammed after bravely confronting Muhammed over a series of debts owed to Abiola’s company by Muhammed’s Communications Ministry. The normally fearsome and ruthless Muhammed was impressed by Abiola’s courage and the two struck up a friendship. With Babangida and Muhammed eventually becoming Heads of State, Abiola exploited his relationship with them to secure extensive patronage via contracts with the government and became spectacularly rich in the process. His business empire grew massively as did his bank account balance, number of wives, concubines and children.[/b]
[/size]

http://maxsiollun./2008/06/02/what-if-abiola-had-become-president/
Re: Abiola's Family, Oyegun Express Shock, Dissapointment At UNILAG Protests by ayox2003: 5:08pm On May 30, 2012
icez: Show some love to MKO
I want to state it here that MKO was a philiantropist in his life-time and we appreciate it. Infact the greatest. We all must learn from history and pass it down to the next generation. MKO had somany shady deals. He and IBB were good friends but they had a rift (which ofcourse would be about power sharing) and IBB through Abacha messed him up. The SW are not naive and dumb. MKO worked really hard during his campaign and he won the election.
Beaf: Lets be honest, something has gone terribly wrong in the SW.
Saying something is wrong with SW shows you're ill-informed. I'm not against immortalizing MKO but let due process prevail. Plus, is it only education that MKO represents? He already has MAPOLY in Abeokuta. Why not something else? Even Pa Ajasin that severed this country, never stole a penny and died in the prison was immortalised with ONE school. Why does MKO deserve two schools?
GEJ cant woo us with that, he needs to perform. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Rejects INEC's Call For Name Change / Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Tinubu Returns Today, May Present Ministerial List After Sallah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.