Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,173 members, 7,957,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? (2656 Views)

At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. / What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by pendo89(f): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
Gamesmart: Females, would you refuse to date a guy if you know he has cheated on an ex before?

Lets put it into 2 scenarios:

- Lets say it was over 5 years ago when he cheated only once.

- Then what if he was a serial cheat in the past but has been "clean" grin in his last 2 relationships of the past 5 years.

brb after 5yrs
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by yme1(f): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

Just never been interested or made interested. Some were because he wanted fun, some were because he was being picky. A mix and mash.

The girls he has met have never been worth committing to and as he does not cheat he ends it when he feels it is time and then moves on.

Compare him with OP 1st on their own for choice you will make.

Then compare him with OP 2nd on their own for choice you will make.

Which one would you go for in both cases?
Tricky, but from my little experience when those kind of guys finally find the girl they feel is worth it and they end up falling in love, they tend to love that woman sincerely and wholeheartedly in most case
Comparing the three of them I will go for OP 2nd scenario followed by the picky dude
as for op one scenario something tells me that dude will find it difficult developing self control as he has not had much cheating experience grin
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LSkooker: 5:06am On Jun 02, 2012
You should not rely on a person who cheat his "ex" and he will do the same in future.Don't believe him.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2012
LSkooker: You should not rely on a person who cheat his "ex" and he will do the same in future.Don't believe him.
It is interesting the way ladies think these days. A guy cheats before and so he is not qualified? I don't know if to say it is great of not
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Gamesmart: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2012
slimyem: ^^the op's question is warped kinda!cheesy

Lets hear what you would do.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2012
Oya, more spice and garnish. grin

a) A guy that has cheated once but it was over 5 years ago.

b) Then what if he was a serial cheat in the past but has been "clean" grin in his last 2 relationships of the past 5 years.

c) The guy that is over 28, never had a long-term relationship but he has dated over 30 girls and always has se[i]x[/i] with them before they break up.

d) A guy that has used prostitut[i]e[/i]s before, lets say about 5 times, but always only when he is single. He has never cheated.

e) A guy at the age of 28 plus that is still a virgin. He has dated maybe 4 times but never did the act.

In what order will you take them? grin cool
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by pendo89(f): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
Somewhat confusing.

You know what? In such an instance,I wouldn't use 'past relationships' as the only parameter to gauge,if I feel an attraction towards him.
I look at individuals as all rounded beings and relationships form only a fraction of their life.
We are only talking about 'cheating here, crucial yeah but it needs to be evaluated alongside other positive attributes of an individual because, c'mmon people trip but if they are ready to change,why not give them a chance?
There comes a time when somebody makes up his mind start a new and if this is the kind of mind he has, I would not let it be a barrier.
Key thing is to go for a test before being intimate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!!! My Girlfriend Snores Too Loud / Am I A Devil? / 10 Things I Want To Say To A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.