Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) (12147 Views)

We’ve Overcome Boko Haram, Buhari Tells Investors / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] / Rochas Okorocha Declares Support For Jonathan Vow To Take Over From Him In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
Maybe they meant June 33, 2012.

I said sth like this was going to happen. That's why anytime GEJ makes public vows, I fear for Nigerians.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Pukkah: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Maybe they meant June 33, 2012.

I said sth like this was going to happen. That's why anytime GEJ makes public vows, I fear for Nigerians.

So why does he continue to make empty promises? Isn't he just denigrating the very office he's occupying? Must he talk? Nigerians are in for this.

Which thread/issue is more important to his handlers: this one or that on the baseless allegation that the opposition sponsored some Unilag riots? I just shake my head for this country.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by emiye(m): 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
He made NINETY ONE (91) campaign vows and U[b]NCOUNTABLE AND CONTINUOS [/b]vows after being sworn in 0ne year ago

His vows and fufilling of those vows are inversely proportional
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by DaLover(m): 10:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
Pukkah:

Wait, didn't President Jonathan take all this your analysis into consideration before he promised us June? Yes or no?
Yes he set himself a target and is seriously working on it, but here you have vultures who can't wait for the jubilations to the high heavens should he fail...what an attitude
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Jun 04, 2012
emiye: He made NINETY ONE (91) campaign vows and U[b]NCOUNTABLE AND CONTINUOS [/b]vows after being sworn in 0ne year ago
His vows and fufilling of those vows are inversely proportional

I don't know how much longer people expect to sit back, expecting things to automagically happen in this democracy. It has been 12 years, enough time really for the people to have decided what they want out of this. But I can't seem to see that as the case. Many are still too relaxed in their old ways.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 04, 2012
[quote author=okosodo]Hausa/fulani people are to blame if jonathan fail. However , north should tell their friends to stop bombing christians, because if there is a revenge they should know that their real population is 25%[/quote

where were you when people from other tribes were also caught as members of this notorious sect when will you stop being an ethnic bigot?
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Pukkah: 5:25am On Jun 04, 2012
DaLover:
Yes he set himself a target and is seriously working on it, but here you have vultures who can't wait for the jubilations to the high heavens should he fail...what an attitude

You won't be saying this if you considered the number of people dying in Nigeria. There was yet another blast in Jos yesrterday!

This is not a matter of politics. Jonathan took up a voluntary job, he should leave the place because he's clearly out of his depth. Enough of deaths and mourning!
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by novaman: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2012
Can some please tell why all those that was caught due to their connections with BH have not been forced to confess the locations of other members or are they saying those that were caught were acting alone? the dots are not connecting, something is missing, somebody should start talking, except they want the prediction of America to be fulfilled, or is this what America was telling us when they said Nigeria will break by 2015? please God save this country of ours.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by philip0906(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't know how much longer people expect to sit back, expecting things to automagically happen in this democracy. It has been 12 years, enough time really for the people to have decided what they want out of this. But I can't seem to see that as the case. Many are still too relaxed in their old ways.
what exactly d'u want us 2 do,u inclusive? #just curious#
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 11:20am On Jun 04, 2012
philip0906:
what exactly d'u want us 2 do,u inclusive? #just curious#

Did I institute this democracy? Why am I to tell you, an adult in this democracy, what you ought to do? Wouldn't the right question be "What do other people in successful democracies do when they find themselves where Nigerians do today?" I would think with internet access, finding answers to that question would not be hard for you.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Jun 04, 2012
novaman: Can some please tell why all those that was caught due to their connections with BH have not been forced to confess the locations of other members or are they saying those that were caught were acting alone? the dots are not connecting, something is missing, somebody should start talking, except they want the prediction of America to be fulfilled, or is this what America was telling us when they said Nigeria will break by 2015? please God save this country of ours.

It could be that there has not been sufficient evidence to corroborate claims that these people where part of Boko Haram to begin with.

P.S. America made no predictions. I believe your media houses have printed a correction to that false claim that America did something like that.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by philip0906(m): 11:25am On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Did I institute this democracy? Why am I to tell you, an adult in this democracy, what you ought to do? Wouldn't the right question be "What do other people in successful democracies do when they find themselves where Nigerians do today?" I would think with internet access, finding answers to that question would not be hard for you.
madam i asked cos u seem 2 be among those who sit behind d screen and push others while u just pass comments.Aren't u a Nigerian 2? U were quick 2 blame "us" "for relaxing in our old ways". who r d "many", u included? but u might have d solution dats y i asked.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 11:34am On Jun 04, 2012
philip0906:
madam i asked cos u seem 2 be among those who sit behind d screen and push others while u just pass comments.Aren't u a Nigerian 2? U were quick 2 blame "us" "for relaxing in our old ways". who r d "many", u included? but u might have d solution dats y i asked.

I sit behind my screen, and what are you doing? I know of no such laws that requires that citizens of Nigeria not be able to sit behind computers. Understand the difference between "a stick up your own arse", and the laws that govern the lives of people in even this democracy, Nigeria.

OK . .. So, as a Nigerian, my duty is to tell you

a) What democracy means?
b) What your responsibilities as a citizen of this democracy are?
c) What you need to do in most every situation, as a citizen?

I think you should busy yourself with playing your part in this democracy, and playing it right. Stop worrying about what I,or anyone else, is doing, or not doing, and focus on doing the right thing, not just for you but for your unborn kids. All I have done is create a thread to inform you of a potential problem. It is your chance to do what it is you need to do in this democracy.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Beaf1: 11:44am On Jun 04, 2012
^
Kobo I love the way you ignored that Dalover $hit. He is another GEJ clown/arsel!cker
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by philip0906(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2012
^^
my friend hope sey u dey c well. . .I no tell u sey i dey find fresh air so abeg no classify me with those wey dey find fresh air.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by philip0906(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I sit behind my screen, and what are you doing? I know of no laws that requires that citizens of Nigeria not sit behind computers. Understand the difference between "a stick up your own arse", and the laws that govern the lives of people in democracies.

OK . .. So, as a Nigerian, my duty is to tell you

a) What democracy means?
b) What your responsibilities as a citizen of this democracy are?
c) What you need to do in most every situation, as a citizen?

I think you should busy yourself with playing your part in this democracy, and playing it right. Stop worrying about what I,or anyone else, is doing, or not doing, and focus on doing the right thing, not just for you but for your unborn kids. All I have done is create a thread to inform you of a potential problem. It is your chance to do what it is you need to do in this democracy.
ok madam. . .i hia u. I just feel real sorry 4 my country.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Piyke: 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

First get your head checked. What Northerner ruled with absolute peace? Have you forgotten already the problems with MEND that sent world oil prices to record highs back in 2008? Have you forgotten the Boko Haram scourge really started back in 2008/2009?

Honestly, you only reveal the level of ignorance you are working with when you suggest that these attacks are against one ethnic group of another. The whole nation was crippled when MEND attacked in their own land(how many northerners were killed). Boko Haram is today attacking people in Hausa land(you cannot compare the number of northern victims so far to those of other ethnicity), and the whole Nation, not one or two ethnic groups out there, is in panic. What does that tell you? Probably that you need to get your head out of your arse so you can really see that this is beyond ethnicity.

I refrain from using any words against you. We're just expressing our views here and I respect that you disagree with mine.
@topic Do you really think you can compare mend and BH?
for me mend was fighting a just cause giving the amount of pollution and neglect they were facing. Whats the cause BH is fighting?

Well the truth is I could be wrong. However only time will tell.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
This is my first post on Nairaland I have been viewing as a guest for too long. I believe that I have a Godgiven mission to bring many of Nairaland's godless users to full obedience to the will of Christ fufilling the mandate of making disciples of all nations, even a cybernation. Surely the knowledge of the Glory of God shall cover Nairaland as the waters cover the sea. God bless you all!
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by nkemKalu: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2012
ebamma: buhari and el-rufai should call dia boko haram boys to order,or else,we go let them know say license to kill no dey one tribe hand ..o.o
I don't know who gives u this stupid idea? If Buhari and El Rufai is Boko Haram what is Goodluck or BadLuck Jonathan doing? Can't he get them arrested? Or is he afraid? then he should shut his mouth. I strongly believe the PRESIDENCY knows the in and out of BOKO HARAM. Ask Henry ORKA from Niger Delta and he will tell u who is BOKO right there in South Africa. ASK NDUME a PDP senator, he will tell u that the VP is aware of his activities with BOKO. Then ask NSA AZIZA....he has a better answer based on his intelligence report. Then the BOMB....ORISAJIOFOR recently said BAMANGAR TURKUR the PDP chair is BOKO SPOKESPERSON ( Dont forget GEJ suspendend all official activities to ensure TURKU is elected PDP chair) and u are here telling me the PRESIDENT doesn't know who is BOKO HARAM.....tell that to the blues.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Pukkah: 11:30am On Jun 05, 2012
ebamma: buhari and el-rufai should call dia boko haram boys to order,or else,we go let them know say license to kill no dey one tribe hand ..o.o

So there are still people like you out there with this kind of reasoning?
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by DaLover(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf!:
^
Kobo I love the way you ignored that Dalover $hit. He is another GEJ clown/arsel!cker
She actually has nothing else to say...meanwhile y r u trying to copy BEAFs name?...whats up with that?...

I think u have taken f00lishness to another level!
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
12 days left in the month of June.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: 12 days left in the month of June.

Even if it was 75 days left, the menace dosnt look like it is ready to end. . .except for an heavenly intervention. . .take your minds off that cunning declaration of Jonathan.
It was a bid to ease the tension on his head at that time until further notice.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by blacksta(m): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Gej is totally compromised , anyone expecting any positive news should get their head checked
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
I am definitely not holding my breath on this one either. Simply reminding us all that the President made a promise to the nation more than 90 days ago. It is less than 10 days to the end June, and the Nation is boiling still but our President is off to a photo-op in Brazil.

A deadline is fast approaching, and it seems it is all business as usual.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 20, 2012
Kobojunkie: I am definitely not holding my breath on this one either. Simply reminding us all that the President made a promise to the nation more than 90 days ago. It is less than 10 days to the end June, and the Nation is boiling still but our President is off to a photo-op in Brazil.

A deadline is fast approaching, and it seems it is all business as usual.

Now tellme. . .
Can GEJ ever convince us with these that he is not weak and clueless. . .
Btw. . .i never knew KOBO JUNKIE was female until i whizzed through your profile now.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Jun 20, 2012
Now 11 till end of month of June.

Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Pukkah: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
We do not need any soothsayer to tell us that the self-set target by Jonathan will not and cannot be met.

So what was he thinking of when he churned out the promise to the people? What assumptions did he reply on? Didn't he have a good understanding of the situation or problem before making a promise on such an important matter?

Now that June is not the answer, when is the solution coming if it will come?
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by DelightUche: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2012
Mr president is enjoying his turn to eat. Una bros Obasanjo chop him own well well. after Goodluck, Who else want chop better soup. if you ready come and register.
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
DelightUche: Mr president is enjoying his turn to eat. Una bros Obasanjo chop him own well well. after Goodluck, Who else want chop better soup. if you ready come and register.

Blood flows daily in the streets . . . people are dying in hundreds each year, and you are talking of people instead taking turns at Chopping better soup?
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by OmoLisabi(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2012
Terrible President
Re: We'll Overcome Boko Haram By June - Jonathan (vow made in MARCH 2012) by Kobojunkie: 3:31am On Jun 21, 2012
10 more days to Deadline! Any signs of the devastating blow to Boko Haram? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister / Osinbajo Visits Ibrahim Bello, The Emir Of Gusau (Photos) / Lai Mohammed: Why APC Congresses May Not Hold In Kwara, Three Other States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.