Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47296 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2012
oroposyndrome: Na wa oo for nigeria lack of maintenance.i get airport for area where the aeroplane always disturbs me with rubbish sound like sting bee.i have determined anytime I want travel by air I go sit beside pilot where i go monitor him.i go start engine by myself.i cannot use that huge money to send myself to hell.

You guys won't kill me here! grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ZUBY77(m): 11:08am On Jun 05, 2012
I like this. Since the regulating bodies take bribes and give out tickets to flying coffins, we the masses are going to be doing their jobs by telling people airlines to avoid. Them thieves will even benefit from our safety measures.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Infoseye(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2012
buJu-234:
so lets name the local airline not to fly with:-

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

which one again... plz tell me fast.

i jst booked aero to PH & Arik back to Lagos.

are they among? so that i can cancel them right now; its better to follow Chisco small buses and spend 8-12 hrs on d road plus paracetamol
than to fly with these local airlines that have little or no regard 4 human lives..

shut your mouth! If this Dana incident did not happen you will not be running your mouth this way, why are people talking like this problem never existed when it exactly did. Just because of Dana everyone is listing bad Airlines nonsense.

What about ppl dying everyday by road like chicken while travelling sharap! Just pray to your GOD to protect you even when you get the safest Airline is still not a guarantee you will not crash and BURN!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Turbocharged: 11:29am On Jun 05, 2012
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Paulego(m): 11:32am On Jun 05, 2012
Arik air is the best so far.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2012
Infoseye:

shut your mouth! If this Dana incident did not happen you will not be running your mouth this way, why are people talking like this problem never existed when it exactly did. Just because of Dana everyone is listing bad Airlines nonsense.

What about ppl dying everyday by road like chicken while travelling sharap! Just pray to your GOD to protect you even when you get the safest Airline is still not a guarantee you will not crash and BURN!
How old are you ?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 05, 2012
[quote author=Turbocharged][/quote] Are you seriously pro-poverty and you mean no one should condole with the plane crash victims ?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2012
buJu-234:

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

are they among? so that i can cancel them right now; its better to follow Chisco small buses and spend 8-12 hrs on d road plus paracetamol
than to fly with these local airlines that have little or no regard 4 human lives..
if u enter ABC transport, u will feel more relaxed. It have other facilities like toilet and it's b/w 10k-15k with well trained drivers.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Chidex2442(m): 11:36am On Jun 05, 2012
wahala dey dis country if u dey ur hauz plane go crash ontop, if u travel on air same wahala, if u use d road arm robbers go collect ur money or ur life and at times d both of them! If u use d sea, pirates and millitants awaits u.
If u decide 2 remain 4 church boko haram go still meet u i no just sabi d nxt level 2 try God help us!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by NorthSharp(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2012
chucky234: I boarded a Dana Airline from Lagos to Abuja in 2009 because their charges were lower than Arik's but the experience was hell,with a 1972 boeing aircraft on air I was restless for the duration of the journey.

I laughed seriously at the part in bold; thank God you eventually landed safely.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by wandeay: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2012
associated is d worst, if u board their plane, u will surely b left wit a chronic headache @ d end
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by rhymz(m): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2012
Sweetlemon: Funny enough, even though chanchanchi seems like the most dangerous airline, they are yet to record any crashes or even emergencies, or have they? Na so life be.
u dey wait until dem record their own crash ni? Need I remind you that DANA had no records until sunday....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2012
Damn u bro..thank God twas a drm oooo
brabus:

grin grin grin grin grin

You no try at all. Did you join them push?
Me don enter Boeing 747 plane wey the pilot and mechanic go find its part for Ladipo market.
The pilot said BMW 7 series part go fit work am. When them no quick get the part for Ladipo, I come help them call my friend for Trade Fair.

When they finished fixing the part, the pilot asked the hefty men among us to help push the plane. As the plane was about to start, na him I woke up.

I was actually dreaming!

Chanchangi Airline --- destination unknown
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sweetchicks(f): 11:49am On Jun 05, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] arik air is by far better than others.... the last time i flew aero, our pilot missed the runway..and we had to turn about and make our ver unceremonial descent into enugu... my heart was in my throat... all these airlines are just so shitty...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by gator666: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2012
A 40 years old airplane, but well and properly maintained, is safer than brand new but not maintained at all one.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by wandeay: 11:51am On Jun 05, 2012
Chidex2442: wahala dey dis country if u dey ur hauz plane go crash ontop, if u travel on air same wahala, if u use d road arm robbers go collect ur money or ur life and at times d both of them! If u use d sea, pirates and millitants awaits u.
If u decide 2 remain 4 church boko haram go still meet u i no just sabi d nxt level 2 try God help us!
na real wahala we dey for dis country
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ballabriggs: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2012
See them, they want safety but won't pay for it. These airlines are all struggling to survive. It is a service industry and it grows as the economy and real income grows. The airlines have a very limited scope for expansion as the economy is in a mess. There is no economies of scale. The few planes they have are being overworked. ARIK tried to grow beyond the economy and it almost went down. It took the CBNs intervention to save it. All these pancake approach to development. SMH
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Momusa: 11:55am On Jun 05, 2012
Lol...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ndidibabe(f): 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
Infoseye:

You could have passed your message across without being rude. When people are hungry, they become unneccessarily angry and agressive. Government really need to tackle poverty in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
Absolutely no doubt about it...CHANCHANGI AIRLINE carry the cake here. Never and NEVER will I ever fly that Airline after my last trip with it from Abuja to Lagos.

The plane was on free fall for like 20 seconds and everywhere was pitch dark....come and see confusion and bedlam inside the plane..people were shouting and crying. All of a sudden..it picked up again but could not climb further higher thank God we were just few nautical miles to Lagos.....when the pilot eventually came up to calm tempers..his voice was really shaky and this added more panic among the passengers....when we got to Lagos...it took like eternity for it to deploy the landing gears.....the landing was the roughest I ever encountered with overhead luggage compartments forcefully opening up and throwing luggage all over the plane....people ended up doing a mini-thanksgiving in the plane before quickly disembarking....its was a nightmare and i still shudder anytime I remember the experience...am sure that plane still flies.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Zizer17(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
what abt sosoliso, bellview and chachangi are the nw safe?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by dabrake(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2012
Chidex2442: wahala dey dis country if u dey ur hauz plane go crash ontop, if u travel on air same wahala, if u use d road arm robbers go collect ur money or ur life and at times d both of them! If u use d sea, pirates and millitants awaits u.
then boys must learn wizardary nah. Time to master the art of teleporting/'misappearing'
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
ilugunboy: Absolutely no doubt about it...CHANCHANGI AIRLINE carry the cake here. Never and NEVER will I ever fly that Airline after my last trip with it from Abuja to Lagos.

The plane was on free fall for like 20 seconds and everywhere was pitch dark....come and see confusion and bedlam inside the plane..people were shouting and crying. All of a sudden..it picked up again but could not climb further higher thank God we were just few nautical miles to Lagos.....when the pilot eventually came up to calm tempers..his voice was really shaky and this added more panic among the passengers....when we got to Lagos...it took like eternity for it to deploy the landing gears.....the landing was the roughest I ever encountered with overhead luggage compartments forcefully opening up and throwing luggage all over the plane....people ended up doing a mini-thanksgiving in the plane before quickly disembarking....its was a nightmare and i still shudder anytime I remember the experience...am sure that plane still flies.

I beg to differ a bit on Chachangi..

Their planes are so old that even the paints have peeled up..

If you look at the body of the plane, its riddled with doubler plates which is what is used to do body work on a plane (like putty filler on a car)..

The onboard seats and overhead luggage holders look like shi't... Infact, I flew business class and my seat was in permanent recline both for take off and landing as the seat was bad..

HOWEVER! Lets not forget that with the exception of Aero Contractors, Chachangi is still the oldest operating airline in Nigeria.. Infact, Chachangi started operating in 1997 with just 6 planes that werent even brand new then and they havent bought any new planes since then till now..

BUT.. What strikes me is their safety record... Whereas we have had Sosoliso (2000) with one fatal crash, Bellview (1992 - 2009) with one crash and several crash landings, ADC and many others, Chachangi still flies till tomorrow and somehow manage to keep those coffins flying well..

They may be dangerous, but their planes fly well I must say!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ochukoccna: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
buJu-234:

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

Do you have evidential proof of all the above?
I know Chanchangi and Air Nigeria have been in the news for the wrong reasons for long. With what happened on Sunday, seeing Dana there is a no brainer but what of the others?
A loved one who resides out of the country was around in the past 2 weeks.
I don't recall him saying any such about Overland which flew him from Ibadan to Abuja [and he complained a lot of stuff-clay roads, Lagos-Ibadan expressway etc.]
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by aladesanmi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
These stupid indians have turned Nigeria to a place where they can do whatever they like even in the manufacturing sector, God will punish them and they will all die like fowl.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Okontami: 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
Guys, what the heck, am going to buy one of these.... I swear. Its not even expensive http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/best-buys/10-cheapest-birds-in-the-sky.html
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by mexzony: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
A plane can have a smooth flight but it does not. Mean the plane does not have technical issues.so the best airline should be one whose planes are technicaly sound from wiring †✽ the mechanics of the plane †✽ the overall state.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
i think am comfortable with my foot wagon cos my life is much more secure
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by pdpiperpippen: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: I wish the choppers are cheap. Man pikin for begin to save to buy one. What was a 22 yrs old plane doing in the skies. I hardly drive one car for 1yr without feeling ashamed, bunch of shameless maggot indies
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
crackhouse: if u enter ABC transport, it's b/w 10k-15k with well trained drivers.
shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
10k for bus fare? Do they give free masseur service?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jadesola7: 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yep, Overland shouldnt be in that list.
ochukoccna:

Do you have evidential proof of all the above?
I know Chanchangi and Air Nigeria have been in the news for the wrong reasons for long. With what happened on Sunday, seeing Dana there is a no brainer but what of the others?
A loved one who resides out of the country was around in the past 2 weeks.
I don't recall him saying any such about Overland which flew him from Ibadan to Abuja [and he complained a lot of stuff-clay roads, Lagos-Ibadan expressway etc.]
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by naylove(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Air nigeria just resumed after abt 3-4 days strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / My Poland Japa Experience (honest View) / I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.