Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47281 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by igwe4life(m): 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mekky2010: Which Airline Do U Consider The Most Dangerous In Nigeria? Narrate Ur Experience

I flew a Chanchangi Airline from Port Harcourt to Lagos in 2009, I have never seen a more dilapidated airline in my life, there was nothing to differentiate it from a standard molue buses you find on the streets of Lagos, but because I was to fly out of Nigeria the next day, and this Chanchangi Airline was the only available option for me to get to Lagos, I took the risk, after we finally landed safely, I knelt down and thanked God...I said never again, but in a country where options are few, situations make people risk their lives daily, flying these moving caskets.
I flew Sosoliso from lagos to Abuja on March 2, 2003 and believe me the doors were dangling just like molue doors..
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by rubi96(f): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
Lenny5000: The Question should be:

WHY IS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ALLOWING THESE AIRLINES OPERATE? ..For now the only option that makes sense to me is they want to reduce the Country's population by slowing killing them through these death traps they call airlines
they are flying first class
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by gator666: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
rubi96: they are flying first class

When it comes to flying, those flying 1st class usually die first on impact.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by HAH: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
Chanchangi may be having old planes but mark my word they have the best pilots and you know air crashes are mostly on pilot errors
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by charlesxpe: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
[size=8pt]To All those saying Chanchagi is the worst, I accept, but remember one thing.....I Stand to be corrected as well as to be supported, CHACHANGI AIRLINE HAS THE BEST PILOTS IN NIGERIA AVIATION INDUSTRY....Despite the bad state of their aircrafts, their pilots are so professional than those in Arik and Aero[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
I'm sure everyone agrees its Chanchangi. Never entered them but my worst has to be Associated. I flew them from Benin to Lagos in 2009. It was hell, old and dilapidated plane and it was hot inside. The plane was jerking funnily during take off, mid air and landing. The name could as well be changed to Associated molue.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by serenegroup(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
i have long had this phobia for height especially flying. News of air disasters just fuel this phobia the more. na road transport for naija travel o
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Roland17(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
All the Airlines in Nigeria are not safe, they are all dangerous, the Regulatory agencies make it worse and easy for them to find their way, if worse comes to worse i would rather trek to my destination than fly in Nigeria angry angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
rubi96: na wa for u o hope say na only u

NOT only me young woman,It was I and my school mates, we went for an excursion...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jaybee(f): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: CHANCHANGI AIRLINE IS A DEATH TRAP

how many people has chanchangi airline killed in all its years of operation?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jaybee(f): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
victorazy: When some ppl dey buy private jet we think say na mumu or foolishness dey worry them, now we don see the importants. Abeg I dey wait for mine to land PH airport this september "Baba God noni"

as you can see, no senator/wife, governor/wife, these all fly private jets or chattered flights.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jaybee(f): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mekky2010: Which Airline Do U Consider The Most Dangerous In Nigeria? Narrate Ur Experience

I flew a Chanchangi Airline from Port Harcourt to Lagos in 2009, I have never seen a more dilapidated airline in my life, there was nothing to differentiate it from a standard molue buses you find on the streets of Lagos, but because I was to fly out of Nigeria the next day, and this Chanchangi Airline was the only available option for me to get to Lagos, I took the risk, after we finally landed safely, I knelt down and thanked God...I said never again, but in a country where options are few, situations make people risk their lives daily, flying these moving caskets.

i guess that is part if your imagination. tell me how many people have died on Chanchangi flights. all aircrafts in the world are risky. if not why the safety demo on every flight?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jude33084(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
grin grin
life_style: Me i don enter plane wey the engine nor gree start until them push am..

grin grin KOLO. grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jaybee(f): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
Jenams: abysmally poor level of reasoning! there is a difference between spirituality and reality bro. wake up b4 u crash like dana air

and i still ask: why the safety demonstration on every flight , including the new aircrafts on first flight?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jude33084(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
angry angry
HAH: Chanchangi may be having old planes but mark my word they have the best pilots and you know air crashes are mostly on pilot errors

angry angry ErroR. What happend to Dana air would crashed the best Pilots NASA have. angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by jude33084(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
Roland17: All the Airlines in Nigeria are not safe, they are all dangerous, the Regulatory agencies make it worse and easy for them to find their way, if worse comes to worse i would rather trek to my destination than fly in Nigeria angry angry

MY bRo AERO AIR is the BEST. They don't compromise safety that's why SHELL, CHEvRON, TEXACO and their like uses it
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Tattooboy: 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
@op: bellview and dana airline
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by surveycash(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style: Me i don enter plane wey the engine nor gree start until them push am..

You must be joking
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by surveycash(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.

THis must be a joke
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by 080ictcom(f): 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2012
it is dana for now
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sandee575(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
Bluetooth
Has anyone really checked out Associate airline ? Their planes reminds me of peugeot 404 but funny enough they have never experienced any air mishap.
grin grin grin
They sure have had some problems,but you can describe them as minor.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by NwaNimo1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
ARIK AIR - BEWARE!!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
The safest means of transportation so far so good is by TRAIN. I'll advice d fed govt 2 invest heavily in this.There are modern,electronic trains dat moves fast.D rail is still d safest so far.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by realghy(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2012

lol
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by deshclones(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
addey:

I flew chanchagi too in 2009 from PH to Lagos; Hmmm brother it was hell and that was the last time i flew that airline.
But to think of it which Airline is safe in Nigeria, Talk or Aero or Arik they are all rubbish Airlines, most of their pilots are inexperience pilots
if you see the way they land their plane you will only wonder.
The problem is that we Nigerians we don't complain. As you disembark from the plane you say thank God I don escape but it may be one of love ones next time
We should to say NO when we need to.

The only Airline I can manage is Airnigeria.

stop deceiving people...i flew airnigeria from lagos to abj in feb..and i had my heart in my mouth throughout the duration of the flight...God was our saving grace that day..everybody called unto his or her God thruout the flight...what a bumpy ride...the aircraft self was stuffy,smelly and outright crappy....seems they added more seat rows so as to maximise profit because the inside of the plane was so small the air hotesses had to walk in a funny way...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ak47mann(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
GEJ weeping for DANA VICTIMS

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
The nation weeps
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sexyverah(f): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin seriously it nt funny
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by maskara01: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
If an airline is not fit to travel to common Chad not to talk to west African countries, it shouldn't be allowed to fly locally because we are not Guinea fowls! As far as am concerned Arik Air still remains the safest even though say na God sure pass. I was on an Air Nigeria flight from PH to Lagos and I must tell u guys I have never seen Mad man called a pilot like the one that manned the plane! Fine there was cloud abi? U fit cool down to dey enter cloud ne? Na so so cloud the madman dey find go to enter. Vibration kon pass molue own! To come land nko? Omo that one long thing....as the plane touch groud I begine analyse if we crash na where we go land because I have never landed in such a manner. Airlines like Aero, Chachangi, associated even Dana (I no know who say make them give indian man liscense to operate airline sef) should be grounded for life.
But all thesame na God sure pass!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by zmoni: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
Air Nigeria...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by DonTundex(m): 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2012

Only God can save Us!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by defbond1: 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
MoD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.