Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,251 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47283 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by free2ryhme: 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
funny enuff Theirs not being any crash incident with chanchangi airline
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by victorazy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
When some ppl dey buy private jet we think say na mumu or foolishness dey worry them, now we don see the importants. Abeg I dey wait for mine to land PH airport this september "Baba God noni"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Lenny5000(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
The Question should be:

WHY IS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ALLOWING THESE AIRLINES OPERATE? ..For now the only option that makes sense to me is they want to reduce the Country's population by slowing killing them through these death traps they call airlines
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by tintingz(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
No,, na rocket or starship u for say...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
i still dont get why parachutes are not put on passenger planes!

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
pls correct the grammar in the topic title. What's the most dangerous....? cant use What like that.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style: Me i don enter plane wey the engine nor gree start until them push am..
push am go front or back?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
Plane crash has happened now; people will start asking unnecessary questions. angry
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Mekky2010: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
niddamugu:

It is God that grants journey mercies. Even a plane on first test drive from factory could crash....

This God and prayer factor is exactly the problem we have in Nigeria, my dear, why not dislodge your brake and drive on 3rd mainland bridge, God will definitely grant you journey mercies.

We always want God to do our job, they are people responsible for making sure that our airlines are not air traps, let them do their job first and not transfer it to God. I believe in God and I also believe is sanity and competence simple.

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sheyinoni(m): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
i wud rather ride a bicycle dan fly on Bellview airline thank God it was grounded
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by newmaonza: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
Poor people die like rats every day in Nigeria & nobody gives a f.uck , now we have a plane crash every1 is raising his voice cos high profile Nigerians r involved. . . . Too bad . . . I just wished d plane carried more govt officials, , , No appologies cos it could be you next time
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by fesse(f): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2012
Non of them local flight is worth flying. My experiences with airnigeria enroute Lagos-Owerri; it was like hell. The engine was making a hell of noise; my niece was asking aunty what is happening? Aero enroute abuja-lagos, that one na die. We all survive by God's grace, they are not worthy of flying with human lives on board.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
crackhouse: push am go front or back?

Young man, this is Nigeria AND stop pretending you don't know what I'm talking about.... undecided
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Reference(m): 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: i still dont get why parachutes are not put on passenger planes!

Many reasons make it impractical. I will take just three.

Obviously, cost - of developing a safe, practical and reliable way of getting hundreds of passengers of an aircraft in flight.

The logistics of training passengers on the safe use of parachutes on a flight by flight basis.

Finally, there is overwhelming evidence that the vast majority of air accidents happen within the vicinity of airports either during take-off and more especially during landing in which case the low altitudes donot permit the safe deployment of parachutes.

Most high altitude mid flight incidents resulting in total hull losses are usually so sudden and catastrophic leading to virtually no time to escape such as mid air collisions, structural failures, hydraulic failures, ground proximity and terrain incidents.

The fact is that modern aircraft are very safe having multiple redundancies so things rarely get out of hand (when you play by the rules of maintenance).

The gist is, whatever tragedy will happen to a perfectly maintained airplane is one that will not permit any sort of escape by chute.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by bisiaet: 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
So is it now the thread about the worst airliine in Nigeria should be a topic ?? So do we want to say we do not know our local airlines are death trap for long?? because of incopetence, laziness, lies, corruption, bribery, laxity, negligence and so on.

A friend of mine who happen to called himself an Engineer a senior one indeed in one of this private airline company in Nigeria has never enter the workshop where aircraft are being maintain in his company yard talkless of work or check if the aircraft is good for flying or not he is there in Aircondion office chating or on phone with girls and his is a senior engineer indeed just because his dad is a friend to the Chairman of the company this is one of example in hundreds I know. So i'm not suprise plane crashed because I knew one good day it will happen because some square pegs still occupy round holes everywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ScorchedViper(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.

Guy...which kind
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by bakila: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style:

I'm not joking...

You are making the thread longer by fooling around.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by chucky234(m): 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
I boarded a Dana Airline from Lagos to Abuja in 2009 because their charges were lower than Arik's but the experience was hell,with a 1972 boeing aircraft on air I was restless for the duration of the journey.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
werepeLeri: pls correct the grammar in the topic title. What's the most dangerous....? cant use What like that.

Noted.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by bakila: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
bisiaet: So is it now the thread about the worst airliine in Nigeria should be a topic ?? So do we want to say we do not know our local airlines are death trap for long?? because of incopetence, laziness, lies, corruption, bribery, laxity, negligence and so on.

A friend of mine who happen to called himself an Engineer a senior one indeed in one of this private airline company in Nigeria has never enter the workshop where aircraft are being maintain in his company yard talkless of work or check if the aircraft is good for flying or not he is there in Aircondion office chating or on phone with girls and his is a senior engineer indeed just because his dad is a friend to the Chairman of the company this is one of example in hundreds I know. So i'm not suprise plane crashed because I knew one good day it will happen because some square pegs still occupy round holes everywhere in Nigeria.

Chatting with babes while passengers are urinating in their body because their is a problem with landing gear.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sashaa(f): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
niddamugu:

It is God that grants journey mercies. Even a plane on first test drive from factory could crash....
so, u should walk into a death trap and then wait on God for mercies?? Y dont u also go lie in d middle of d expressway!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
bakila:

You are making the thread longer by fooling around.

Young man, watch what you say. Is it a crime to share ones experience ? undecided
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by MumaBee: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
Na were u enta dat
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Mekky2010: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
free2ryhme: funny enuff Theirs not being any crash incident with chanchangi airline

God forbid sha, but if enter that plane you will know that its just a matter of time if nothing is done about it
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by dvee2: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
ACN Aero contractors was by far the most reliable and safety conscious airline in nigeria up to about four years ago when CECELIA ibru run the airline into debt.This airline was used by businessmen and corporate companies including oil companies because of their punctuality and excellent safety record. Alas poor management plunge the airline into finacial crisis forcing them to adopt the molue approach. Today i cant thumb up for any of our local airline. God safe us.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by damilola15: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, [b]SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC [/b]OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by tunene: 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
Try Overland. Lagos to Ilorin, and you will be the same again. Airplane with no AC, na your hand u go take throughout the 45mins.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Konnektions146(m): 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
the truth is that "yu re not a thief until yu re caught", in dis case Dana is de worst cos its got issue.

i rememeber my colleagues sayin that Aero is de worst and Dana best, now see what just happened, cos Dana came into Nigeria, bought a 20 something year old aircraft and painted it a catchy colour, people dey hail dem, .

a friend of mine said and still say he will NEVER use arik air cos of his encounter.
Arik once flew an aircraft with an Engine from Owerri to lagos.

nigeria is just messed but it is well
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by rubi96(f): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
life_style: Me i don enter plane wey the engine nor gree start until them push am..
na wa for u o hope say na only u
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by chinig(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
It is jst by is grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.