Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? (47280 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by BaBaMike: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Chidex2442: wahala dey dis country if u dey ur hauz plane go crash ontop, if u travel on air same wahala, if u use d road arm robbers go collect ur money or ur life and at times d both of them! If u use d sea, pirates and millitants awaits u.
If u decide 2 remain 4 church boko haram go still meet u i no just sabi d nxt level 2 try God help us!

Chidex ,u got my ribs cracking! Love it! grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by spicyhoney(f): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
To me, Aero is the best; its the only airline I fly with though not for any particular reason. And so far I have not had a reason to complain except whenever my flight is resheduled.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by BaBaMike: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
gator_666: A 40 years old airplane, but well and properly maintained, is safer than brand new but not maintained at all one.

Well said man! The age of an Airplane has never caused one to crash.the frequency of maintenance or pilot errors are what we should be worrying about.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by mufikings(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
free2ryhme: funny enuff Theirs not being any crash incident with chanchangi airline
Exactly they have never had any crash and I wonder why people say they are that bad !!! what is the criteria then ?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
WHAT A LIFF !!! DANA AIR HAD A PLAN CRASH ON SUNDAY JUNE 3RD AND THEY STILL HAVE THE MIND TO PLACE ADVERT ON MONDAY JUNE 4TH PAGE 11 - "BUSINESS OR PLEASURE? DANA AIR THE SMARTEST WAY TO FLY" HAHAHA IT SHOULD HAVE BEING "BUSINESS OR PLEASURE? DANA AIR THE SMARTEST WAY TO DIE" DANGOTE SHOULD BE SUED FOR THIS OR HAS HE DIVERTED FUNDS FOR DANA AIR TO HIS CEMENT COMPANY?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by blank(f): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
mufikings: Exactly they have never had any crash and I wonder why people say they are that bad !!! what is the criteria then ?

So u want to wait for them 2 have an accident before u react? Ok o.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by sexyverah(f): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by habayommy: 6:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
[quote author=@oliseh]

1000 ways to die..... 9ja air ways has just been included. Anybody here who watches dat tv show is really real[/quote
I usually watch it. 9ja airway shud be No 1...
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Reference(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
BaBa Mike:

Well said man! The age of an Airplane has never caused one to crash.the frequency of maintenance or pilot errors are what we should be worrying about.

But with our poor maintenance culture it is better to buy new. That was DANA sin. It bought an aircraft model that was so bad it practically shut down the manufacturer from the fleet of an airline that has experienced a crash got fed up and decided to offload its lemons, then you bring it here and refuse to maintain it. If an Ijebu man says 'eww that garri is bitter' how can it be edible to me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by otodeluxe(m): 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sonsoliso

Bellview

Dana air
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by ACM10: 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
ismhab: DANA OR DANO OR WHAT EVER IT NAME IS CALLED IS THE WORST AIRPLANE SO FAR IN NIGERIA, SOME TIMES THEY USE TO FLY WITH THEIR DOOR OPEN DUE TO LACK OF AC shocked shocked shocked

OMG! Are u 4 real?!
Do u know how cold it could get at high altitude?
Do u also know that oxygen iz not freely available at high altitude?
Do u also know that pressure at high altitude could suck out all the contents in the plane if the door iz left open.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMD

ismhab: OR EVEN FLY WITH ONLY ONE FUNCTIONAL ENGINE.
I fit agree with dis one, afterall anything iz possible in Nigeria
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by Emary(f): 11:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
I recently flew Arik from Lagos to Benin and I complained on board that it was the worst flight I had ever boarded and I must have flown over a hundred times locally and internationally now. I started praying about 5mins into the flight till it landed. I'm sure that plane is faulty to0. I've misplaced my boarding pass but if I find it, I won't hesitate to announce the flight no. Please let's all try to alert people of any incidents that happen so as to prevent any such further occurrence.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by emmasege: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2012
pufectskin: They don't go to paris weekly; I believe its every 2 weeks or 2 months for service. But I am not entirely sure (but there is d number 2). Of course goin weekly wouldn't be competitive.
evil only triumphs when we see evil and keep quiet, when it's obvious that it will still happen somehow someday. air accident is not what anyone should pray for even for his own enemies, that's why it's important that we do not trivialize this issue, we should take all necessary precautions. while it is true that safety is of God, that is not a reason for anyone to board a plane that has been tagged "flying coffin'". A lot of people have come out to say that the aircraft was not air-worthy after the incident. Does this bring back the dead and console the bereaved?. I have never been an admirer of overland, because of their capitalist tendency, am reliably informed that one of their planes now has problem with its hydraulics. U NEED NOT BELIEVE THIS, but i have personally passed this info to all my loved ones who do fly. AND FOR GOD’S SAKE, WHY CAN’T ALL THESE MUSHROOM AIRLINES MERGE TOGETHER TO FORM A STRONGER FORCE AS WAS DONE IN THE BANKING SECTOR AND STOP TOYING WITH OUR LIVES? WE DO NOT NEED MULTITUDE OF AIRLINES, 2/3 VIABLE AND RELIABLE ONES ARE JUST ENOUGH.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by chelsea23: 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
the truth of the matter is that all the airlines in Nigeria are okay but the problems have to do with the maintenance culture of each airlines. i think NCAA relaxed so much for this to happened. sad news
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by inas911(m): 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
EMPLOYEMENT!! Chanchangi Airline are seeking for employees that will help them hold the doors of their planes from one location to the other. The reason for the empoyment, is that all the doors to the planes are bad, so they need staffs that will do the jobs. Payment is eye catching. visit there website.

IS THIS NOT FUNNY FOR THE NIGERAIN AVIATION SECTOR.
SHAME ON THEM. THIS ARE THE TYPE OF PLANES WE HAVE IN NIGERIA DUE TO CORRUPTION IN THE SECTOR. ONLY GOD CAN PROTECT US BECAUSE OUR GOVT CANNOT.
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by OmoTier1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
BaBa Mike:

Did you make this statement out of ignorance? Aircrafts are designed with a 90-95% confidence and 90-99% reliability until they reach what we call useful life which is capped in either fatigue flight cycles or flight hours which ever occurs first. Since most structures including that of aircraft are fatigue design driven, you would expect that as the aircraft ages in terms of flight cycle or flight hours, the likelihood of failure would increase. It would amaze you if you knew what do transpire at MRO facilities and how many concessions are cleared when these aircraft go for maintenance.

Ask yourself, how many of the world aircraft crashes were of new aircraft?
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by olumidazz: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
Has anyone ever flown capital airlines ? I doubt if they are still in operation, u will think its a coaster bus flying, no air conditioning, no safety addresses nothing, and the plane flies so high am not exaggerating up to about 50,000 ft and suddenly will start to make a decent to its destination in a big foot no taxing landing..... Haa nija airlines na ways
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by agiboma(f): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
buJu-234:
so lets name the local airline not to fly with:-

(1) Dana
(2) chanchangi
(3) Air Nigeria
(4) Associated
(5) Overland

which one again... plz tell me fast.

i jst booked aero to PH & Arik back to Lagos.

are they among? so that i can cancel them right now; its better to follow Chisco small buses and spend 8-12 hrs on d road plus paracetamol
than to fly with these local airlines that have little or no regard 4 human lives..

yes i know and totally agree, even though chisco and company have made me sleep in bus stops on 2 occasions when i took the bus from Lagos to PH. I vowed i would never do it again ooo. But after this dana something omg, i have changed my mind, the gallop, incredibly long hold up etc, dont see so bad afterall.!!!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by cardoso111(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2012
ALL OF THEM EXCEPT ARIK.The reason is that all their fleet are old some are 30 years old!!!
Re: What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? by BankoleO1: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2012
LeoMax: How old are you ?

His old enough to shut your mouth too grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibom Air 4th Aircraft Unveiled By Governor Udom / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) / Lady Dies In Auto Crash, Hours To Her Trip To The U.S (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.