Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? (14739 Views)

What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) / Which Should Be First, Car, Marriage Or Better Apartment. / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by bukatyne(f): 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2012
991:
so women should stop getting married because millions(according to you) are miserable in marriage? i don't know what you might have experienced/been taught,etc about marriage, the FACT remains that marriage is on top of career. hate it if you will but its the truth.
dear, read ALL my posts well! i never advocated that women should not marry. almost every1 has a negative view of marriage esp in our society but i thank God that my orientation has changed through a lot of things. to u, marriage is higher than a career; to others it depends on wat they cherish more. i say again n again that marriage is not an end in itself, it is not d height of achievement for a woman. it is a means to an end. marriage is for companionship, to checkmate adultery n for children. everyone has been assigned a purpose on this earth n marriage(companionship) makes it easier. there is someone to pull u up when u fall, shares ur hurt n pains wit u, to keep u warm etc so i don't see d reason y pple esp women should sacrifice their ambitions, dreams n purpose b'cos of d sacred title of 'mrs'. thanks!
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by adetayoonas(m): 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Pls choose your job first if d salary is more than 100;000 naira per month except if d man has already find another one for u in abuja. Men can change anytime and besides who says u can't see another partner? U can see a better and loving man meant for u. What if u resign and he may later become uncaring and insensitive to ur needs. I am a man and I have seen people with this kind of experience a lot. I ve more candid reasons. Pls contact me on talktoty4ever@gmail.com or 08034609669. For more details on this topic or bb 271f9ef1. I will give u more advice.
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
bukatyne: dear, read ALL my posts well! i never advocated that women should not marry. almost every1 has a negative view of marriage esp in our society but i thank God that my orientation has changed through a lot of things. to u, marriage is higher than a career; to others it depends on wat they cherish more. i say again n again that marriage is not an end in itself, it is not d height of achievement for a woman. it is a means to an end. marriage is for companionship, to checkmate adultery n for children. everyone has been assigned a purpose on this earth n marriage(companionship) makes it easier. there is someone to pull u up when u fall, shares ur hurt n pains wit u, to keep u warm etc so i don't see d reason y pple esp women should sacrifice their ambitions, dreams n purpose b'cos of d sacred title of 'mrs'. thanks!

i understand you my dear, In life 'different things happen to different people differently' we are involved in this only because the poster seems indecisive and asked the house to advise her, I don't expect everyone's response to be the same though, but the reality of life can never be dismissed by logical reasoning. we are all products of the same union you talked about....marriage.
NB: from the story, the man involved has shown a degree of concern/commitment to the marriage by asking the lady to quit the job, who knows what plan he has.
cheers my dear, i leave you with the below quote...
"The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes".
-- Amy Grant
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by beblessed(f): 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
6 years ago, i rejected a marriage proposal frm my very close friend,whom i wznt dating because @ dat time he was yet get a university education while i just graduated frm uni. Am yet 2 find a man dat has his wonderful qualities. If i knew then wat i know now, i would have gladly married him. Pls if u truly love him,just follow am go start ur life. U cannot hug money @ night. Money is nt everything ooh! Believe me. I earn a good pay but no true friend by my side!
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
beblessed: 6 years ago, i rejected a marriage proposal frm my very close friend,whom i wznt dating because @ dat time he was yet get a university education while i just graduated frm uni. Am yet 2 find a man dat has his wonderful qualities. If i knew then wat i know now, i would have gladly married him. Pls if u truly love him,just follow am go start ur life. U cannot hug money @ night. Money is nt everything ooh! Believe me. I earn a good pay but no true friend by my side!

It is well darling. The reason why many women are single these days is because they lost their missing rib when he came knocking for flimsy excuses. Many years ago I was told by friends and extended family members not to get married because I was still young and had many years ahead of me. They told my parents they were nuts for even considering to giving me away to a man who according to them was too good to be true. Things have worked out well for me since then you know why? Cos I did two things: I chose to believe in my husband and I chose to believe my husband.
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by bukatyne(f): 5:30am On Jun 09, 2012
991:

i understand you my dear, In life 'different things happen to different people differently' we are involved in this only because the poster seems indecisive and asked the house to advise her, I don't expect everyone's response to be the same though, but the reality of life can never be dismissed by logical reasoning. we are all products of the same union you talked about....marriage.
NB: from the story, the man involved has shown a degree of concern/commitment to the marriage by asking the lady to quit the job, who knows what plan he has.
cheers my dear, i leave you with the below quote...
"The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes".
-- Amy Grant
and ur last quote work both ways. if d hubby to be has any plans, he better lay it down on d table n they analyze everything lest they both make wrong decisions. i can't really advise them cos i don't know HOB's story. that's where a lot of pple esp men make mistakes! a wife/woman IS NOT a robot/machine to be directed as one desires! if a man/woman have an idea or something, bring it to d table, discuss it wit love lookin at al d pros n cons and then pick a decision. dat decision becomes our decision n both of them feel responsible for d outcome. it becomes a common goal as opposed to 'his decision' etc. if d OP leaves dat job on his n not dier decision, she ll never forget esp if she doesn't get a better offer @ abj. she has to be a happy fulfilled single woman to make a happy wife/home

1 Like

Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by Atikulated: 2:12pm On May 29, 2022
How's marriage life?
Re: Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On May 29, 2022
Chai!

Going through the thread and seeing my short hand because of my phone back then.

Thank God I a NLer corrected me.

@OP:

Going through the post again, I will tell her to just quit the marriage.

If it was the first thing that popped in her head, then the man is just an option to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? / Lady Who Waited For Many Years Before Welcoming Her Daughter, Shares testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.