Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do You Want To Get Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Want To Get Married? (22015 Views)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2008
Gamine:

I don't have to know you to know your opinion reeks of grated frog skin
Oh Lawd! grin cheesy
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by dudu19(m): 12:05am On Jul 28, 2008
@ibkaye am not suprised she compared my opinion to what her bodily flesh looks like
she's done a runner and sucks tongue not everybody wil get married in their lifetime i
suppoes u agree wit that.What category would u consider them The unlucky ones or the God fosaken.
I know what am talkin about.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 28, 2008
urghhhh. . . they're not necesaarily unlucky, i mean, not everyone wants to get married, but for those who do want to but don't seem to be getting anywhere, well, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Baxilexi(m): 12:14am On Jul 28, 2008
okay

í  would like to fet married cause its in Gods plan, he said "man shall thy father and mother and him and his wife shall become one". i this is more than a good reason for wanting to get married.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 28, 2008
@dudu
I am your padi now.
But I just disagree with ya post tongue
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by NegroNtns(m): 4:27am On Jul 28, 2008
@Post,

I want to get married for personal growth and fulfillment. Through your spouse and your children, you will encounter monumental challenges and obstacles like you never before envisioned. Its a ride, it soars high with you, then the wind shears underneath and you are suddenly slammed down. But you must get back up! Who will provide and protect for your family if you don't? But soon as you stand upright, it flips you again. On and off, you go through this swing between sweet and sour. If the two of you hold on steadfastly, the turbulence will soon loose momentum and then the prosperity begin to flow in. The prosperity is the reward for your tenacity.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by onyinye2(f): 4:32am On Jul 28, 2008
Ahh negro, getting in touch with his poetic side.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by IMCCN(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2008
Regardless of the mess we humans have made of the marriage institution, i believe God who created us male and females has a purpose. That purpose includes [but not limited to] marriage.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Moyola(f): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ topic

Want to get married 'cause itz d norm & itz requisite of one to get married female in particular. smiley
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Pataki: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2008
Do I want to get married? undecided undecided I want to break the stereotype though. undecided
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Gamine(f): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
Marriage, marriage, marriage, tearrage,

Lawd have mercy.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Moyola(f): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2008
Pataki:

Do I want to get married? undecided undecided I want to break the stereotype though. undecided

itz not a must though!!

u can opt 4 cohabitation instead of going into marriage, now that today's society is so diverse.

Gamine:

Marriage, marriage, marriage, tearrage,

Lawd have mercy.

Hamen!!!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Pataki: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2008
Moyola:

itz not a must though!!

u can opt 4 cohabitation instead of going into marriage, now that today's society is so diverse.

Hamen!!!
And it is not a must to stay to the norm!!!!!

You can follow my stand and we will be societal deviants. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Moyola(f): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
Pataki:

And it is not a must to stay to the norm!!!!!

You can follow my stand and we will be societal deviants. cheesy grin cheesy

Yeah itz not a must 2 stay 2 d norm

go on. . . be a societal deviant, itz good u knw! wink
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Elizabeth(f): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2008
I want to get married because i want to become a WOMAN,to be independent, to raise children (i.e to have my own family as my parents)
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by lechatte(f): 5:22am On Jul 30, 2008
So I can have legit reason to have sex.
So I can have kids,I looooove kids.
So I will know once and for all that my sexual orientation is straight!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by KarmaMod(f): 5:44am On Jul 30, 2008
lechatte:

So I will know once and for all that my sexual orientation is straight!

Didnt help Elton John
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by StephenP(m): 6:08am On Jul 30, 2008
To feel what it is like to have someone I can always trust, someone I can always lose myself in and not to be scared of letting that person have me completely.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by lechatte(f): 7:03am On Jul 31, 2008
KarmaMod:

Didnt help Elton John

Lol!!I'm not him.

StephenP:

To feel what it is like to have someone I can always trust, someone I can always lose myself in and not to be scared of letting that person have me completely.

Isn't that so sweet! kiss
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by hadiza30(f): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2008
-Love
-Companionship
-Intimacy(Legal) kiss
-Protection
-Procreation cool
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by shylladear(f): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
hadiza30:

-Love
-Companionship
-Intimacy(Legal) kiss
-Protection
-Procreation cool

thats a good one cheesy
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by shylladear(f): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
it makes you a fulfilled person be you male or female
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Holyrule(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
I agree with shylladear, marriage the ultimate fulfilment to everything in life. It's like a must do ritual.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by topup: 5:08am On Aug 05, 2008
I have never really had anyone in my life to love me truly, like my parents love me, but it sometimes feels like there are conditions, good grades, graduate, get a great job etc,

I want to get married because like many women I have that painting in the back of my head, of kids in a stable home, running around the lush garden and the husband and wife both working together and helping each other to make life's struggles less difficult.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Eclairs: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2008
@ question

Wanna have children and see what it feels like
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ruffrider(f): 3:15am On Dec 23, 2009
I want to get married on day. But he has to be a leader, good problem solving skills, business minded, and ready to protect his habitat. Prove to me that you are a man and stand your ground. That's my belief
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by deluxecad(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2009
I like kids, kids, kids and kids. I want 'em, many, lovely, happy and very intelligent kids playin all over d house. I like to be loved by a lovely wife too. Haha!
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by imconfused(f): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
1.cos i love him and i want him to be happy,he believes in marriage, i do not,
2. to get all em people off my back,
3. to fulfill societal obligations

love,respect,companionship can be had wiout being married to a person, allu nid is to be totally committed to each other,
u don't need a sheet of pen and paper plus an expensive ceremony to prove u love some1 undecided
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by lordkrato(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2009
One thing Noticeable amongst all posters of this Topic is that they all want to get married for reasons that are predominantly selfish.
"Because i need someone to care for me","Social Obligations","To have SEX Legitimately". .?
Well,Guys i Think that you all nid to think this through,Cos marriage ain't no roll in a Hay.

Just Think.
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by ladygaga(f): 12:37am On Dec 24, 2009
for companionship,love,friendship
, a
threefold
twofold cord is better than one,
Re: Why Do You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
hotangel2:
uhmm, I am not eager to be married. All i want is someone to Love me, and cherish me.

Infact if the guy i intend to marry is talking to much about how many kids he want, what name he'll give them and blah blah..kid kid, i will start thinking whether or not i really want to marry him. I don't like it when guys talk too much about how they want their kids, what they want, names they want, when i would get pregnant, and so many other things. It makes me sick seeing a guy talk about stuffs like that, I know it's not a crime for a guy to talk about things like that, but please don't over-do it.

Well... Marriage is one of the last thing on my mind prolly because i haven't seen anyone i wanna love forever. I remeber when i was 13..marriage was my Number One priority. Weird but true. I loved the guy so much and infact it looked like we were husband and wife..so i thought marriage was gonna be fun. tongue.
Ha ha. You got burned eh?
Teehee!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ See The Only Thing A Lady Says She Wants From This Handsome Guy (pics) / This Is What Happens Each Time A Man Connects With A Woman Sexually (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.