Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:49 PM

Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience (7578 Views)

YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / To Marry Your First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2006
Best wishes dear skonds. You'll come out on top.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by MissAlissa(f): 5:08am On Apr 18, 2006
HI everyone, this is really wicked crazy because all of you come from places in the world that I am not familiar with, so i dont know what j.s.s.1 is or any of that crazy talk, I am an Australian and in this beautiful part of the world we mostly speak in years of age,

for example : I met my first love when i was about 15years old, i dont know what that means to you but over here that means I was in about year 9 or so. I am fully aware that 15 y.o is not that old at all, but it was not until i was about 17 that things really got moving. he had so much appeal! tall, cute face, smart, charming etc,

what i didnt know at the time was that he had perfected a way of using all his attrbitues to get what he wanted out of people, he was manipulative, an impulsive and somplicated liar, he used me, abused me and trapped me, made me feel like i was nobody and had nobody, destroyed my dreams, my happiness, my strength and my faith in life and mankind,

Never the less, i was deeply in love with him - he made sure of it. we were together for a few days shy of a year, he broke it off with me and i guess that by that time i was so ready to be out of the relationship that it took me about ten minutes to be over him. although it had been called off, he continued to manipulate and abuse me for almost six months afterwards.

Eventually the truth came out and he was revealed as the fraud that he is, and I was finally able to share my experiences with people, and to remember that friends are always there for you, you will always have someone who is willing to help you and that eventually, good will come from bad times.

I do still think about him, only because i would not be the strong person that i am today if it werent for the trying times that he put me through. he no longer haunts my dreams, thankfully,

In answer to the question about how long it took to 'get over' the person, as i said earlier, i was over 'him' ten minutes after we split. what took a fair while longer was being able to get over my ordeal, and to recover into the person i once was. it was a long and tedious process but with the help of my friends and family, i became alive again.

I guess the lesson to learn here is that bad experiences can mess up your life, but eventually you will be better off for them. whatever doesnt kill you can only make you stronger. remember there will be a rainbow after the rain. and more importantly, be careful of who you get yourself involved with, they may seem perfect, but that just may be their downfall.

take the lyrics of christina aguilera's 'fighter' and you may see what i speak of:

After all of the stealing and cheating
You probably think that I hold resentment for you
But, uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by debosky(m): 5:38am On Apr 18, 2006
I met mine when i was 12 (or was it 13?) anyway i was crrrrrazy about this girl, we were classmates in secondary school for 3 years and spent soo much time together. it never became anything formally but man i was hooked. nevr actually told her anything till much later, but she kinda liked me too (she told met his years later) and eeverybody knew we had the hots for each other. we had a nasty fight in ss3 and didnt talk for 5 months till we left secondary school. took me a while to get over though, but one day i went to see her and i knew it was over. (duh! i was in uni now = lots more variety out there) She's virtually my sister now, we've kept in touch, for over 13yrs now.
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 6:17am On Apr 18, 2006
Has anyone noticed, getting over him/her is different than getting over the hurt?

The hurt is harder to do. undecided embarassed
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by maki(f): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2006
wow! u people are really in love here wink
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by eveseh(f): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2006
my experience was very bad,
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by chinani(f): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2006
Let's here is dear. Mine was none too good either. undecided
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by Tobiegal(f): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello pple,

Its being such a long time i last posted,

Wel. i just got bored, do u knw wot it means 2 read a post written abt u

Wel, i do knw, am blushing!!!
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by benlay(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
i don't know if i shud ans 1st love or 1st relationship, Tobiegal u dey hear,
Re: Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience by ademiller(f): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2010
chinani, why dont u just change ur name to pu na ni undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable / Advise To Single Women / Describe Valentine In Three Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.