Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal (30060 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by alaoeri: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
All the ppl involved in this scandal are PDP definitely this country is in deep poo. Fail to believe until the video is shown.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2012
IYA NGBALI: were you there?are you his lawyer/spoke person?why were you so fast in defending him. did you read the part that says what transpired was video taped?abeg stfu.

What evidence do you also have to reach your conclusion that Lawan indeed took the bride? Have you watched the video?

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

I de laf ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
But we don't yet know if it was Baba sha. What we know from this though, is that serious realignments and reform are about to hit the petroleum sector with tectonic force.
The "born to rule" cabal has been caught redhanded and on video tape. I await the roping in of IBB and Tinubu's boy, Tambuwal.
My broda, no be small tin o! grin grin grin

I said it that the country was gonna shake to its roots in June. Shaking don start.
ol boy i h
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
x-razzy:
THIS IS A GRAND CONSPIRACY PLANNED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING IN THE COUNTRY TO SMEAR THE IMAGE OF THE LAST MAN STANDING AND RUBBISH THE FUEL SUBSIDY REPORT. NIGERIANS MUST RALLY ROUND FAROUK LAWAN. TEAM FAROUK LAWAN- I AM A MEMBER
KEEP YOUR SILLY MOUTH SHUT, YOU SON OF A SLAVE, OTEDOLA IS GOING DOWN, AND SUBSIDY MUST GO IN THE END.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by IYANGBALI: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
bayooooooo:

What evidence do you also have to reach your conclusion that Lawan indeed took the bride? Have you watched the video?
i did not support the write ups neither did i condemn lawan farouk. You came and started defending him as if you were there when it all happened and i am sure you were not,so once again STFU.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maigaskiya1: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2012
hisblud: shocked this is real movie, it sounds nikita or 24, blackmail at the highest order. Who do you rely to fight corruption
my dear u no go fear
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by maigaskiya1: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
Beaf:

"Even the US?" Weren't you baboons the ones claiming that GEJ was a US stooge? What happened to that story? Ode!
All you demons do is go around telling lies and stories.

Fools, thieves and liars like you will continue to attempt to twist the truth, but you will always be exposed by those who are much smarter than you.
Farouk Lawan was videotaped recieving marked notes, because you demons were desperately trying to write a political subsidy report.

You have been caught redhanded. You think the country belongs to you phuckers to ra'pe through your corrupt petroleum deals? Not just that, you think you can purchase the NASS to turn the truth upside down when much smarter people than you are in power?

Truth makes the wicked na'ked and starts them saying id!otic things. You are only acting true to type.
no mind d goats
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
They are going down
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: These yeye House of Reps people received Bribes and fooled Nigerians into going into Protest to keep subsidy. Wind don blow, foul yansh don open.

Chamber10: shocked shocked :oWho do u believe again in Naija. If Lawan is truly a man of integrity, he would not have collected the money, that is, if the story is true. This is shocking. But come, what happened to the report and those indicted?

ismhab: Obasanjo don't talk true, they are all rogues, criminals, mafias and 419ers in the national assembly, especially PDP members because they are the worst.

The three quotes above represent why Nigerians are easily manipulated. Someone just finished a probe, partial or otherwise that exposed a lot of rot in the system. There were public hearings, the probes were conducted in the open and companies that protested citing fair hearing were later called to present their position. Instead of GEJ acting on the substance of the probe, it has been excuses galore on why the probe is partial, why it is mere recommendation and why it is not actionable. They have never said the man that conducted the probe was responsible for the subsidy mess and how almost a trillion naira disappeared in an election year.

That was how Al-Mustapha said he was in possession of indicting video tape that showed how Abraham Adesanya and Bola Ige betrayed MKO only for him to show what NTA had broadcast to the entire nation. Let them release the video.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by freshmoney(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
eespunge: Fresh scandal brews over Farouk Lawan’s $600,000 bribery scandal
ON JUNE 9, 2012 • IN NEWS
11:06 am
BY OKEY NDIRIBE AND EMMAN OVUAKPORIE

ABUJA-There are indications that fresh trouble is brewing at the House of Representatives over allegations that Chairman of the House’s Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy Hon. Farouk Lawan was involved in a bribery scandal worth $600,000 last month.
Already there are speculations that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) may have invited Hon Lawan over the bribery allegation which sources say have already resulted in the Speaker of the House Hon. Aminu Tambuwal disowning the legislator over the messy incident.
It was gathered that Tambuwal had confronted Lawan over the issue in a meeting of Principal officers of the House where the Chairman of the Adhoc Committee on Petroleum Subsidy was summoned to defend himself over the allegation.
Sources [/b]said that Hon. Lawan had initially denied the allegation when it was put to him by the Speaker but froze in shock when he was confronted with details of what transpired at the address where officials of an [b]unnamed oil company had given him the huge amount of foreign currency which had been marked.
It was further gathered that unknown to Hon Lawan, the entire incident was recorded by video after which copies were sent to a former Head of State who handed it over to Tambuwal.
It would be recalled that in the wake of the controversy that was generated over the Federal Government’s planned total withdrawal of subsidy from petroleum products last January, the House of Representatives set up the Adhoc Committee to probe how the subsidy fund that was appropriated by the National Assembly in the past had been disbursed.
Among the findings of the House was that despite the fact that only N400 billion was appropriated for payment of oil subsidy in 2011, over one trillion naira was spent. It was also alleged that a lot of the payments were made to phoney companies.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/fresh-scandal-brews-over-farouk-lawans-600000-bribery-scandal/

Seems to me like fighting corruption with corruption. Do you guys still rely on Nigeria media? A former head of state, sources, unnamed company- why the hell you snobbish media can't frankly give out the names. The same tactics and antics used by GEJ himself( I know the people behind Boko Haram). Hogwash!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by dustydee: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
How did you arrive at such a conclusion? I want to assume you have the evidence and better still you were there when it happened else i must confess you ignorant.
Billyonaire: [img]http://4.bp..com/-uQklkJ5znZk/T5F18ElLnHI/AAAAAAAAAks/ItkRJ7anYRg/s1600/Hon-Farouk-Lawan.jpg[/img]
THE FACE OF A THIEF AND BRIBE COLLECTOR
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
freshmoney:

Seems to me like fighting corruption with corruption. Do you guys still rely on Nigeria media? A former head of state, sources, unnamed company- why the hell you snobbish media can't frankly give out the names. The same tactics and antics used by GEJ himself( I know they people are behind Boko Haram). Hogwash!
Keep living in a world of Conspiracy theories. I am sure you dont listen to radio or watch TV, Ode
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2012
dustydee:
How did you arrive at such a conclusion? I want to assume you have the evidence and better still you were there when it happened else i must confess you ignorant.
Has he denied it ? He did, Otedola tendered the tapes to OBJ, watch news and listen to radio. Its been played on air now on FM 92.3
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
IYA NGBALI: i did not support the write ups neither did i condemn lawan farouk. You came and started defending him as if you were there when it all happened and i am sure you were not,so once again STFU.

I am not defending Lawan.

Perhaps he is corrupt for all I care but the available evidence is not conclusive enough to paint him as corrupt. If you fight corruption, it is normal that corruption will also fight back. We all witnessed how Ibori accused Ribadu of having houses all over the world. That is now history. So it might be a case of corruption fighting back.

It might also be that he indeed took the bribe. What's central though is the video evidence. A thousand articles riddled with "names withheld" nonsense will not change anything. If they have the video as claimed, then they should release it.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Kayday(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
The more u look, the less u see! Naija i dey hail o!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
Kayday: The more u look, the less u see! Naija i dey hail o!
Yea, Now we know who sponsored the protest in Lagos! Otedola and Co
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by freshmoney(m): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Keep living in a world of Conspiracy theories. I am sure you dont listen to radio or watch TV, Ode

Beaf! No matter how anonymous you are, I will descry you! June is getting to an end. Any achievement on eliminating the subversives- Boko haram? Keep spamming Nairaland with multiple IDs. Be ashamed for once dilettante!
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by CuteTj(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
For those condemning and supporting Hon. Lawan, save your words till he his proven guilty. This was the same thing Al-Mustapha did. He claimed that he had video evidence of yoruba elders selling Abiola out by collecting bribe. The video he provided only showed them coming out of government house and not of them receiving money. At the end, he just made a fool of himself. Hon. Lawan is INNOCENT until his accusers can provide evidence of him collecting bribe. Chikena....
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by s1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
abradacabra,the more you look the less you see.may the lord help us in this country
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Ngwakwe: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
Can you actually prove that GEJ is more corrupt than OBJ or IBB with stated facts and not unproved opinions and allegations?

You are also bias not because you said they are corrupt but because the yardstick (standard) you were using for judging them is totally one-sided. (No malice intended as you are one of the cliques in this forum I learn from their opinions and contributions)

If I may ask what proven corruption charges do you have against NOI? Am not saying there isn't any but I want to add to my knowledge bank.

acidtalk: IS THIS COUNTRY CURSED OR OUR YOUTHS ARE JUST TOO STU*PID?? ??

From the onset, everyone who have read my post know I don't take side. I will say it just the way it is.

A known fact the Jonathan is the most corrupt Leader Nigeria has ever had. No doubt about that fact.

But why can't you people side aside ethic, religious and general sentiments and judge issues excatly the way they are?

Diezzi Madueke
Jonathan Badluck
Okonjo Iweala
Sanusi Lamido
Nuhu Ribadu and even the so called acti PDP/Corruption fighter, Nasir El-Rufai and the rest of them are all bunch of corrupt bas***ttards who will rot the the 'bottomest' part of Hell fire.

Simple and Short, Lawan Farouk collected bride and is equally a Criminal and should be disgraced accordingly.

The fact that he went the the Otedola's house in the first place shows he is a TRAITOR. He took Notes in cash shows he is STU*PID (did he ever think they weren't going to record him)? Then for the fact he hid it from other members shows he is GREEDY.

Other rep members fighting against him are only doing so because they are angry he wanted to spend the whole $600,000 all alone.

This entire politicians are Devilish, Satanic and Callous. They don't have the masses at heart.

With Farouk's whole grammar and criticism it only shows his level of hipocrisy.

Nigerians the earlier you set aside any sort of sentiments before judging on issues in life the better for you.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
ireports-ng.com gathered that while the entire deal was going on, no other member of the probe panel was taken into confidence by the trio of Lawan, Jagaban and Emenalor.As such,the report was submitted with the full indictment of Otedola intact. He was indicted for using his companies to collect foreign currencies from the CBN under the guise of fuel import but diverted same, a pure money laundering criminal offense.
With a total of $600,000 slush fund all kept with the cashier of the syndicate, Hon.Jagaban, they all kept mute for weeks after the conclusion of their assignment, possibly waiting for the appropriate time to share the loot if there is no trouble coming.
<<Conjecture>>

When information however leaked this week that Otedola, a very close confidant of President Goodluck Jonathan and ruling PDP’s major financier, had recorded his deal with Lawan on video and handed same over to the president, the Lawan’s ring came out of it’s shel for the first time last Wednesday to throw the slush money on the floor of the House. The PDP leadership was also said to have stepped in to avoid a situation where the scandal will affect the image of its government since all actors in the scandal are PDP members. It was viewed that it will be scandal too many for the PDP government.
<<Is Lawan's account believable? He did not exactly spend the proceeds of crime, did he? Enquiring minds want to know if this is case of successfully pulling off a Ribadu on Otedola?>>

The move was rejected by the House leadership and for the first time, other members of the committee and other colleaques got wind of the development. Lawan and Jagaban’s defense now, it was learnt was that they were playing along with Otedola in the bribery scheme.
<<Not beyond the realms of possibility, surely? But then why wait for several weeks to let the cat out of the bag, and only under "duress"?>>

According to a member of the committee who spoke with our reporter in Abuja,”even if we have to believe their story that President Jonathan used Otedola to set them up and as such they were deliberately playing along, why did they not bring up the matter since we rounded up our assignment several weeks ago? Why do they want to put the money on the floor of the House without briefing us, members of the probe committee? Why did Farouk have to go to Otedola’s House when we all have agreed at the committee level that no member must hold any meeting with any oil marketer?”
<<Fair point. Perhaps Lawan was playing for high stakes. If he was, has he any other jokers up his sleeves now that a dose of the Hembe medical potion beckons?>>

Already, the presidency has directed the EFCC to give Lawan, Jagaban and their accomplices in the House the Hembe dose. Another member of the House, Hembe who was the chairman House committee on the capital market was recently enmeshed in a similar scandal.
Source

Other matters arising: why was Zenon Petroleum, a company which received $232,975,385.13 and run by Otedola, let off the hook?
Nigeria’s House of Representatives on Tuesday exonerated Zenon Petroleum & Gas Ltd of any wrongdoing in the ongoing controversial probe of the oil subsidy funds.
The lawmaker confirmed that Zenon oil is not among other oil marketers that allegedly received foreign exchange but did not import fuel adding that the company was listed in error in the report.
Source

I suppose the ship has indeed set sail.
The subsidy report is now effectively dead and buried. Mission accomplished
! cheesy
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by ocelot2006(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2012
carlos86: Nigerians are real dumb idiotas.Someone was caught collecting 600,000 dollars in bribe and nobody is condemning him.You guys are busy defending him and attacking beaf(as usual).Bunch of fools.This is why this country will remain corrupt

SECONDED. So true.

I hope we'll see the arrest of these culprits, and seizure of assets. Bloody thieves.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by metrixauto: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
This is a trash,so upon all the trillions of naira embezled by the thiefs and uncovered by Lawan Panel in the name of subsidy,its just the paltry sum of 600k usd he will take as bribe,its just a plan to rubbish the man
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nwogbe: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
Eyes wide shut. Who will save 9ja? Is high time i got a chance to serve my beloved country.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
freshmoney:

Beaf! No matter how anonymous you are, I will descry you! June is getting to an end. Any achievement on eliminating the subversives- Boko haram? Keep spamming Nairaland with multiple IDs. Be ashamed for once dilettante!
You are daft. I am not Beaf, I wish I was, Cos I admire his intelligence
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
metrixauto: This is a trash,so upon all the trillions of naira embezled by the thiefs and uncovered by Lawan Panel in the name of subsidy,its just the paltry sum of 600k usd he will take as bribe,its just a plan to rubbish the man

600k is not a paltry sum. So I am interested on how the money was delivered to Lawan. Was it given out cash or was it transferred or wire to some account same way the Malabu OPL245 was shared with GEJ government being the facilitator?
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by freshmoney(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2012
Billyonaire: You are daft. I am not Beaf, I wish I was, Cos I admire his intelligence

Listen buffoon, how can you be so versatile in politics section since you joined Nairaland on june 07? Don't tell me you have high IQ. You can't hoodwink anyone by creating multifarious Ids. Learn to be more smarter. I am not surmising nor am I hypothesizing, you are beaf AND you are just a plain thief;that's the fact.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2012
freshmoney:

Listen buffoon, how can you be so versatile in politics section since you joined Nairaland on june 07? Don't tell me you have high IQ. You can't hoodwink anyone by creating multifarious Ids. Learn to be more smarter. I am not surmising nor am I hypothesizing, you are beaf AND you are just a plain thief;that's the fact.
The fact that you are so professional is in stup!dity, indeed magnifies that you are mentally-handicapped. Stay off Politics and be king of romance section, son of a slave
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by ziccoit: 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
I pray a military man who is serious and a goal getter to the core should take over this damn country and wipe out all the political leaders from North and South. After which he will restore the order so that thing will be put aright. As things stand now, Nigeria is a lost state.

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Reference(m): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
Is there anything to add without sounding like a gong. I say it again and again. When we are tired of corruption we will jettison it. The bigger the baloon the louder the bang. Institutions and not men fight corruption.
Re: Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
So many Gbagauns on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / IPOB To Storm Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Next Appearance On July 26, 2021 / Ayu Withdraws All PDP Cases Against Opposition Parties In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.