Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Any One Married To A Foreigner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any One Married To A Foreigner? (2381 Views)

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? / Married A Foreigner But Deep Down I Miss Having A Nigerian Girl. / The Sexiest Foreigner In The Romance Section ( Based On Pictures As Usual) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any One Married To A Foreigner? by cuteonyii(m): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2012
Any one married to a foreigner? can you please share your experiences including the challenges, how to cope and your advices to other people who may want to.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2012
To be successful in dating or being married to someone that isn't from your culture or group...you must remove all ignorance and embrace spiritual connection.

Sadly, millions will die alone because they aren't willing to remove ignorance and embrace spiritual connection.

1 Like

Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
cuteonyii: Any one married to a foreigner? can you please share your experiences including the challenges, how to cope and your advices to other people who may want to.

Not yet married to one but bn and currently screwing a lot of them. No regrets, just be yourself and apply some the few things that madame said.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by omega25red(m): 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
you have to keep an open mind and know that the world doesn't revolve around your culture and family rules. Though you dont forget who you are, but you will have to rememeber that you aren't the only one in the relationship

1 Like

Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Tyche(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
To be successful in dating or being married to someone that isn't from your culture or group...you must remove all ignorance and embrace spiritual connection.

Sadly, millions will die alone because they aren't willing to remove ignorance and embrace spiritual connection.

Embrace spiritual connection? Please can you throw more light on this?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tyche:

Embrace spiritual connection? Please can you throw more light on this?

It was self explanatory and I wasn't referring to religion.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
omega25red: you have to keep an open mind and know that the world doesn't revolve around your culture and family rules. Though you dont forget who you are, but you will have to rememeber that you aren't the only one in the relationship

Exactly. kiss kiss
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Mynd44: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
Humans are humans. Foreigner or indigene. The problem is that people are not willing to let go of their beliefs
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Tyche(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It was self explanatory and I wasn't referring to religion.

Wouldn't have asked if I understand cos one learns everytime. But ... whatever ... peace ...
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
Tyche:

Wouldn't have asked if I understand cos one learns everytime. But ... whatever ... peace ...

Still confused?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by tpia5: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
"spiritual connection"?

that's a new one.

do you mean spirit husband or spirit wife by any chance?

1 Like

Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Tyche(m): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
tpia@:
"spiritual connection"?

that's a new one.

lolz. It's self explanatory na.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by cuteonyii(m): 5:13am On Jun 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good advice. But what about things like making sure your kids have your country background, sending money home to families, acquiring properties back home, etc.. I think it will be a little bit challenging to a women who is not from your culture to really understand why you must do all those stuff..
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by cuteonyii(m): 5:14am On Jun 10, 2012
REALITY101:

Not yet married to one but bn and currently screwing a lot of them. No regrets, just be yourself and apply some the few things that madame said.
Screwing is not bad, but there is nothing really different from them and others..
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
omega25red: you have to keep an open mind and know that the world doesn't revolve around your culture and family rules. Though you dont forget who you are, but you will have to rememeber that you aren't the only one in the relationship

I like this. Having an open mind is all you need.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
cuteonyii:
Screwing is not bad, but there is nothing really different from them and others..

There is duh!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
cuteonyii: Good advice. But what about things like making sure your kids have your country background, sending money home to families, acquiring properties back home, etc.. I think it will be a little bit challenging to a women who is not from your culture to really understand why you must do all those stuff..

It is not that difficult. I am a foreigner and married to an Igbo man. So I know what I am talking about and it is not difficult as people make it out to be. Only different between my husband and I is our nationalities.

As Omega said...it is about having that open mind and meeting someone that you are compatible with. If you want to do all those things you have mentioned then get with a woman that can relate not just personally but mentally. If she is mentally able to comprehend why you must do those things...then I do not see any issues with you passing down your culture to your children.

Again...it is about being with a woman that you are compatible with and can grow together with just being who you are. You should also accept the fact that she may want to share some of her culture with your children as well.

Your children will have the best of both worlds. wink
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
tpia@:
"spiritual connection"?

that's a new one.

Spiritual connection and Spiritual spouses are two different things.

Nothing new about spiritual connection.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
Tyche:

lolz. It's self explanatory na.

It is.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Mynd44: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
REALITY101:

There is duh!
Mind telling us the difference?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
Mind telling us the difference?

Censored cheesy cheesy Go try one u gotta understand
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It is not that difficult. I am a foreigner and married to an Igbo man. So I know what I am talking about and it is not difficult as people make it out to be. Only different between my husband and I is our nationalities.

As Omega said...it is about having that open mind and meeting someone that you are compatible with. If you want to do all those things you have mentioned then get with a woman that can relate not just personally but mentally. If she is mentally able to comprehend why you must do those things...then I do not see any issues with you passing down your culture to your children.

Again...it is about being with a woman that you are compatible with and can grow together with just being who you are. You should also accept the fact that she may want to share some of her culture with your children as well.

Your children will have the best of both worlds. wink

no pressure, huh?

in what way are your children having the best of both worlds?

by not having an ethnic support base?

let's be realistic here.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
tpia@:

no pressure, huh?

in what way are your children having the best of both worlds?

by not having an ethnic support base?

let's be realistic here.

Let be realistic cos YOU DON'T think it will work? WTF?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Reality and Mynd....please get a room.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Reality and Mynd....please get a room.

Yeah, its always something else when two brother's tryna conv but cool for chicks smh grin. Mynd yeah lets get a room where we can watch OKC Vs Heat game with bunch of strippers giving us lap dance. . . grin
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Mynd44: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
REALITY101:

Yeah, its always something else when two brother's tryna conv but cool for chicks smh grin. Mynd yeah lets get a room where we can watch OKC Vs Heat game with bunch of strippers giving us lap dance. . . grin
I have not watch any game since you know. But I might just watch the finals outta boredom. I will meet you at the room. How is Roland taking it?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
I have not watch any game since you know. But I might just watch the finals outta boredom. I will meet you at the room. How is Roland taking it?

Hmm He got no choice lol. . Hes aiit anyway. Well I love BB and I felt bad for Boston Celtics last night but its ok cuz they did a good job. A lot NBA fans really wanna see Heat/OKC now they got it. Since I am from West I think I'm gonna have to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided Cuz I can't stand Queen James even tho I feel sorry for him bn a king without a damn ring considering his overrated hard works.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Mynd44: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
REALITY101:

Hmm He got no choice lol. . Hes aiit anyway. Well I love BB and I felt bad for Boston Celtics last night but its ok cuz they did a good job. A lot NBA fans really wanna see Heat/OKC now they got it. Since I am from West I think I'm gonna have to lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided Cuz I can't stand Queen James even tho I feel sorry for him bn a king without a damn ring considering his overrated hard works.
I am going to be supporting the Thunders too but I am not as passionate as I would have been if the Spurs were the ones playing the finals
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by tpia5: 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Let be realistic cos YOU DON'T think it will work? WTF?

did you see the words "I think" or "imo" anywhere in my post?

or you have no answer and simply prefer to play ostrich?

nothing wrong with admitting that!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:03am On Jun 11, 2012
tpia@:

did you see the words "I think" or "imo" anywhere in my post?

or you have no answer and simply prefer to play ostrich?

nothing wrong with admitting that!

Which questions do you me to answer?

You rambled on about me needing to be realistic AFTER I stated TO ANOTHER chatter that two people from different cultures CAN MAKE IT WORK if they are OPEN and THAT HIS CHILDREN will have best of both worlds....

Why are YOU ASKING ME QUESTIONS about MY PERSONAL OPINIONS? Did the statement have something to do with YOU?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 11, 2012

cool cool cool cool
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:13am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

cool cool cool cool

Be careful...GRUMPY PIA is going to tell you to be realistic. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Matured Guys And Ladies To Counsel Me / The Spanish Girl Is So Crazy About Me, Its Too Abnormal For Me. / Girls How Many Days Can U Allow Your B/F To Spend With You In Your Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.