Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Any One Married To A Foreigner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any One Married To A Foreigner? (2382 Views)

What Is Wrong In Getting Married To My Sister In-law? / Married A Foreigner But Deep Down I Miss Having A Nigerian Girl. / The Sexiest Foreigner In The Romance Section ( Based On Pictures As Usual) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It is not that difficult. I am a foreigner and married to an Igbo man. So I know what I am talking about and it is not difficult as people make it out to be. Only different between my husband and I is our nationalities.

As Omega said...it is about having that open mind and meeting someone that you are compatible with. If you want to do all those things you have mentioned then get with a woman that can relate not just personally but mentally. If she is mentally able to comprehend why you must do those things...then I do not see any issues with you passing down your culture to your children.

Again...it is about being with a woman that you are compatible with and can grow together with just being who you are. You should also accept the fact that she may want to share some of her culture with your children as well.

Your children will have the best of both worlds. wink

Amen. I am a product of a bi-ethnic relationship and I believe I do have the best of both worlds.
I have two rich histories to celebrate and am more likely to accept/appreciate "change" than someone whose thinking is one way and often times not by choice because they have "rules" to adhere to: who they are ALLOWED to love, not going outside of their culture, live up to their parent's direct expectations culturally speaking; blasey blasey. Just depressing tribalism type ish. tongue

Being Jamaican-African American and if by the grace of God, my current relationship blossoms in to marriage, my children will be multi-ethnic: Caribbean, black American and African. That would be a wonderful thing especially if there is love and support in the home. Add that with rich diversity and it truly is the best of both worlds. smiley
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:23am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Amen. I am a product of a bi-ethnic relationship and I believe I do have the best of both worlds.
I have two rich histories to celebrate and am more likely to accept/appreciate "change" than someone whose thinking is one way and often times not by choice because they have "rules" to adhere to: who they are ALLOWED to love, not going outside of their culture, live up to their parent's direct expectations culturally speaking; blasey blasey. Just depressing tribalism type ish. tongue

Being Jamaican-African American and if by the grace of God, my current relationship blossoms in to marriage, my children will be multi-ethnic: Caribbean, black American and African. That would be a wonderful thing especially if there is love and support in the home. Add that with rich diversity and it truly is the best of both worlds. smiley
Preach Sister! Only ignorant people make shit difficult for themselves. wink wink

Hold on Sis! You have to be REALISTIC according to a certain chatter...and where is your "ethnic support"?

I mean people come up with DUMB ARSE shit to justified being IGNORANT.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Be careful...GRUMPY PIA is going to tell you to be realistic. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't have time to worry about someone who IS monoethnic but STILL miserable as hell. wink
I would rather go by my own personal experience of being open to different things because I am the result of two people "going against the grain". smiley
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:28am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I don't have time to worry about someone who IS monoethnic but STILL miserable as hell. wink
I would rather go by my own personal experience of being open to different things because I am the result of two people "going against the grain". smiley
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Preach Sister! Only ignorant people make shit difficult for themselves. wink wink

Hold on Sis! You have to be REALISTIC according to a certain chatter...and where is your "ethnic support"?

I mean people come up with DUMB ARSE shit to justified being IGNORANT.

Exactly. A lot of how people think has to do with how they were raised.
Hatred, racism and tribalism for the most part are taught. If you are someone who is constantly fighting cross cultural relationships WORST of all within the black race and/or African countries/tribes, then that says a lot about your character and raising both of which are rubbish. How is a child who is half Yoruba and half Mande, or someone who is half Bahamian and half Afro.Venezuelan "lacking a cultural foundation"? If anything, especially if both parents are together, that person has TWO cultures to embrace. I don't care who you are that is a beautiful thing.

Now when we talk about race it is the same thing but a bit more complex. Because not only do you have CULTURES to embrace but also races. I am only speaking on my experience as a bi-ethnic person.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:39am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Exactly. A lot of how people think has to do with how they were raised.
Hatred, racism and tribalism for the most part are taught. If you are someone who is constantly fighting cross cultural relationships WORST of all within the black race and/or African countries/tribes, then that says a lot about your character and raising both of which are rubbish. How is a child who is half Yoruba and half Mande, or someone who is half Bahamian and half Afro.Venezuelan "lacking a cultural foundation"? If anything, especially if both parents are together, that person has TWO cultures to embrace. I don't care who you are that is a beautiful thing.

Exactly! I am all for people dating and marrying whomever they want but don't GET ON ME because I DON'T SHARE your opinions.

What is sad though is that many of these "Why such and such is with whom" threads are created by COLORED FOLKS. I can see why the White chick on another thread stated why do Black people spend time worrying about who is with whom and why. It is a difference if they volunteer their own personal information and ask for comments...but to spend "your supposedly working arse" online worrying about why Mexicans dating Jews is dumb as hell!

Many Nigerians on Nairaland and offline are MIXED with different nationalities so why all of a sudden niggas want to act BRAND NEW?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly! I am all for people dating and marrying whomever they want but don't GET ON ME because I DON'T SHARE your opinions.

What is sad though is that many of these "Why such and such is with whom" threads are created by COLORED FOLKS. I can see why the White chick on another thread stated why do Black people spend time worrying about who is with whom and why. It is a difference if they volunteer their own personal information and ask for comments...but to spend "your supposedly working arse" online worrying about why Mexicans dating Jews is dumb as hell!

Many Nigerians on Nairaland and offline are MIXED with different nationalities so why all of a sudden niggas want to act BRAND NEW?

LMAO. My thing is, if it is GENUINE love and interest in the person...nada is wrong with it.
If you decide you ONLY want an AA, nobody could be mad at you because it is YOUR decision. But if your full African American child grew up and said "Mom, I met Costa Rican guy and I love him. I want to be with him." It would be normal to think "well I was hoping my child would date an AA BUT if this Costa Rican man makes her happy and loves her unconditionally, I am with it", then you in my opinion "are what's up". cheesy cheesy

but you got parents who will LITERALLY cut their children out of their lives and inheritance FOR DATING a foreigner or someone from a different background. It's BANANAS! That is why some folks on here and around the world are afraid to look outside again even if it is within their own race. If it's not the same tribe...it's a no go. FOH!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 12:53am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LMAO. My thing is, if it is GENUINE love and interest in the person...nada is wrong with it.
If you decide you ONLY want an AA, nobody could be mad at you because it is YOUR decision. But if your full African American child grew up and said "Mom, I met Costa Rican guy and I love him. I want to be with him." It would be normal to think "well I was hoping my child would date an AA BUT if this Costa Rican man makes her happy and loves her unconditionally, I am with it", then you in my opinion "are what's up". cheesy cheesy

but you got parents who will LITERALLY cut their children out of their lives and inheritance FOR DATING a foreigner or someone from a different background. It's BANANAS! That is why some folks on here and around the world are afraid to look outside again even if it is within their own race. If it's not the same tribe...it's a no go. FOH!

Many mofos in the same CULTURE, TRIBE, RACE, and CREED don't get along with each other but yet you are unrealistic when you find peace with someone that is different from you. undecided undecided undecided undecided

My granny always said....CLOSED MOUTHS don't get fed. Nairaland is filled with lonely and unhappy mofos. You got niggas begging for pictures and shit. Crying about not being able to afford to be with someone that isn't worth a piece of shit.

Now that is being real.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
I am going to be supporting the Thunders too but I am not as passionate as I would have been if the Spurs were the ones playing the finals

Same here, just for Kevin Durant and Derick Fisher. Putting probably $1,600 or more on it but that's gotta be after game1/2. .
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Many mofos in the same CULTURE, TRIBE, RACE, and CREED don't get along with each other but yet you are unrealistic when you find peace with someone that is different from you. undecided undecided undecided undecided

My granny always said....CLOSED MOUTHS don't get fed. Nairaland is filled with lonely mofos.

Now that is being real.

AMEN!!!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 1:02am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

AMEN!!!

Read the revised post. grin grin grin grin
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 11, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

My granny always said....CLOSED MOUTHS don't get fed. Nairaland is filled with lonely and unhappy mofos. You got niggas begging for pictures and shit. Crying about not being able to afford to be with someone that isn't worth a piece of shit.

Now that is being real.

grin grin grin grin You're wicked sis!!
don't have that fo0l come up on here and start crying again! grin grin grin grin
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 11, 2012
SMH undecided
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 1:16am On Jun 11, 2012
REALITY101: SMH undecided

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 1:17am On Jun 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin grin grin You're wicked sis!!
don't have that fo0l come up on here and start crying again! grin grin grin grin

Girl....I am just getting warmed up!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 11, 2012
Why are you girls terrorizing and scaring these people away undecided
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2012
REALITY101: Why are you girls terrorizing and scaring these people away undecided

Okay...Imma be good....I was minding my own business...mofos had to Bleep with me.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by tpia5: 2:18am On Jun 11, 2012
she's demonstrating her "spiritual connections".

just thank your govt for looking out for you by helping in the marriage department, that's all.

yet you feel they dont like you!!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by mykejones(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2012
This foreigners have completly derailed this thread...grin gringringrin
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 2:34am On Jun 11, 2012
[size=44pt]Truth hurts. [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On Jun 11, 2012
mykejones: This foreigners have completly derailed this thread...grin gringringrin

No...we are on topic....it is the Nigerian that is off topic. wink
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by cuteonyii(m): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It is not that difficult. I am a foreigner and married to an Igbo man. So I know what I am talking about and it is not difficult as people make it out to be. Only different between my husband and I is our nationalities.

As Omega said...it is about having that open mind and meeting someone that you are compatible with. If you want to do all those things you have mentioned then get with a woman that can relate not just personally but mentally. If she is mentally able to comprehend why you must do those things...then I do not see any issues with you passing down your culture to your children.

Again...it is about being with a woman that you are compatible with and can grow together with just being who you are. You should also accept the fact that she may want to share some of her culture with your children as well.

Your children will have the best of both worlds. wink
Hey Mrs Chima thats Good to know! so if i may ask, do you guys have kids already? if yes, do your kid(s) speak igbo language? and how often do you guys visit Nigeria for your kid(s) to know your husband relatives.
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by koozy(m): 7:31am On Jun 13, 2012
All that's needed is open-mindedness.

A lot of people are ignorant. Our culture has made a lot of us ignorant, racist pigs. We need to realize people are different.
As long the parties involved respect and work well together. It's all gravy baby. My missus is from the same tribe as I am, but I didn't set out for someone from the same culture. She just happens to be that. We are people first!
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by queensmith: 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
cuteonyii: Any one married to a foreigner? can you please share your experiences including the challenges, how to cope and your advices to other people who may want to.

marrying any foreigner will be easier than marryin certain people from certain tribes *cough* . But everyone here is right, its more about the person and less about the origin.

@ mrs chima remove ignorance and embrace spiritual connection? How are we not soo sure the claims of a spiritual connection are born out of ignorance?
Re: Any One Married To A Foreigner? by Skywalker5(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2012
cuteonyii: Any one married to a foreigner? can you please share your experiences including the challenges, how to cope and your advices to other people who may want to.

Challenges would be families and ignorant people. also different culture plays a part especially if either of you thinks they are right culturally or morally? Most Nigerian were raised under strict rules of dont do this, it bad while other were raise with freedom to try this and learn from thier mistakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Spanish Girl Is So Crazy About Me, Its Too Abnormal For Me. / Marrying A Man With More Than One Child From One Woman / Men: Please DO Consider Marrying These 10 Types Of Women (highly advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.