Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (37528 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Coca Cola Advert 1987 / Brrr; The Coca Cola Advert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Kossy04: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
What's the fuss about this? And what are Africans doing before, if not "Flexing"? Or is it because the whites are telling you?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by omodapson(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
say-d-fact:
why every1 worries, we share a coke because OUR FUTURE IS SECURED....
if u no like am... write a letter to coke (seriously not a yab)

This would be my interpretation too. I see nothing offensive in it. Please follow the trend again. It simply implies that while the rest of the world looks at the future as gloom, here in Africa, we see brightness and the more reason to have fun with coca cola.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by phreakabit(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
This an insult? NO!. . . . What I consider an insult and a CURSE is the fact that whenever Africa is being portrayed by the international media, the first thing that greets you is AN UNFORGIVABLY DIRTY, CRYING CHILD. . . I find it sickening and annoying! We don't see South America being portrayed as the home of gold digging women with loose sexual morals OR children covered in cocaine powder smiling and running around in the streets. . . . All they ever associate with Africa is Aids,War, and Death. . . I know this is off topic, but I just seized the opportunity to vent my anger.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by mrman2(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Is it not true? SMH for Africa, the continent of consumers. Wait till saturday and see how many bottles of coca cola people will consume at weddings, namings, house warming, etc.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by nerodenero: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Kockane: I think it makes Africans look like hungry alainironu's dat only care about wat to eat. grin
lwkmd but are we truly hungry?Hunger wan kill dem for Somalia o but that statement discredit Africans.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by philip0906(m): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
mr_man: Is it not true? SMH for Africa, the continent of consumers. Wait till saturday and see how many bottles of coca cola people will consume at weddings, namings, house warming, etc.
funny but true grin grin grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Ofuks(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
shocked :oLet me rephrase the advert.

While politicians are robbing us blind, terrorists are bombing the wrong people, planes are falling from the skies and Nairalanders are busy fighting on the net!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Well.... well... well, i don't feel the least put-down by this ad. am i a sellout grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by abioila(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
wanted to raise this issue a long time ago but i was just too lazy to start a thread.it's
a pity most African leaders are busy looting.That advert is a big slap on the face of we Africans.I cant stop drinking coke sha.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by owobokiri(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Saw that yesterday and kept shaking my head. Racism is ingrained in some people. Makes me remember the Nike advert that was banned in some Asian countries for the disrespectfull nature it potrayed Asian sports. Condecsending advert there
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Reptyle(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
I thought I was the only one who found that advert a tad bit condescending. Methinks it should be edited immediately.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Arosa(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
I like the advert, it's not bad to relax because all African economies are growing while the rest of the western world are in recession.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
From my own point of view,there z nothing wrong with it.d ad marketers are only trying to say that Africa's future is secured nd no need 4 worries while the future of other nations hangs on a hair.they are been optimistic.THINK WITH UR BRAINS!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by otumfour(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
undecided nothing bad here
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by member479760: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
2 millions poor Africans sending money home while over 2 millions greedy Americans loosing their homes.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by xrazzy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
THIS IS ABOUT SEMANTICS AND PRAGMATICS! WORRYING ABOUT THE FUTURE IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS WHETHER YOUR FUTURE IS SECURED OR NOT AND CONSIDERING THE INSURMOUNTABLE PROBLEMS CONFRONTING THE CONTINENT, I THINK AFRICANS SUPPOSED TO BE THE NO.1 SET OF PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT THE FUTURE. HENCE COCA -COLA IS SAYING THAT WHILE AFRICANS SUPPOSE TO WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE JUST LIKE OTHER PEOPLE FROM OTHER CONTINENTS, WE ARE BUSY SHARING COKE! THIS IS NOTHING BUT AN INSULT, ANOTHER OFFENSIVE FROM THE WEST AGAINST THE DARK CONTINENT!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by gbadexy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
You know the early description of africans by one european was that they are child like people that sing, dance and make love.
I think that is the line of thought of whoever made the advert. Like yorubas would say ; what does a child know other than to eat and play.
That is a great insult if there ever was one. But really, has our leaders shown that they have plans for the people's future in africa?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by finallytalking: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
omodapson:

This would be my interpretation too. I see nothing offensive in it. Please follow the trend again. It simply implies that while the rest of the world looks at the future as gloom, here in Africa, we see brightness and the more reason to have fun with coca cola.
and when you look around you and think of what the future holds for you and your children, what do you see? boom or gloom?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by free2ryhme: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
finallytalking:
Don't you see anything wrong with the bolded text

How would you see anything wrong in the advert .. " The end is near and One billion people in Africa are busy sharing coke " ... Is that all one billion people in Africa do to just share coke. We are never seen to contribute anything meaningful to the development of the world but just to share coke. "The end is near" is the message that is being passed and you all should open ya eyes to the truth about Illuminati. They own coca-cola and they have just passed across their subliminal message to you all. They are also insulting our intelligence that it is only coke we know how to drink until the earth wipes us away... and we are not useful in any sense.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by mayofab(f): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Arosa: I like the advert, it's not bad to relax because all African economies are growing while the rest of the western world are in recession.
ARE YOU ALL BLIND! THE ADVERT IS CLEARLY SAYING THAT AFRICA IS GETTING ON BETTER THAN THE WORLD, IT IS PROMOTING THE GOOD IN AFRICA, E.G "while the word shakes and stumbles, Africa dances to a different beat" , WHICH RACISM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by bittyend(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sensitive AFricans!

How is this an insult to Africans?

The real insults to Africans are:

- Killing yourselves over white Jesus, and Arab Muhammed.

- Being whitewashed in all aspects of your lives.

Emotional people. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Emyogalanya: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font];->
this one na very bad insult now
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by mayofab(f): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
finallytalking: Has anyone seen the new coca cola advert?
I think coca cola should re-edit the text in their latest promotional advert. There is a very insensitive line there:
'WHILE THE REST OF THE WORLD WORRIES ABOUT THE FUTURE, ONE BILLION AFRICANS ARE SHARING COKE'.
Am i the only one who thinks this is a put down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXvgrraezE
You are seeing the opposite of what they were trying to achieve , they are actually showing you the good things about Africa, how we are the most connected, how we send money home when everyone else is in crisis, how we are partying and having a good time while the world is in shambles,how our music industry is thriving, how while everyone is worrying we are chilling drinking coke. It wasn't meant to be literally taken as one coke. Hope this helps
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by carover: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
How? There are so many positives in this advert for Africa. Why read meaning that is not there?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Classicalman(m): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
@OP it is not an insult joo. If you don't like the Advert, then go join bokoharam suicide bombers.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by fstranger6: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
Stupiddd people sharing coke when the rest of the world is busy worrying themselves with how to make the world better. SMH @ Africa
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Abujafood: 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
OP the bolded text you highlighted could have several interpretations so how do you contend with a reply that aptly explains the statement other than yours?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by pendusky(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Does this post makes sense? I dnt fink so.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
while the rest of the world worries about the future, africans are praying

is that better ?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
It wasnt intended as insult, it just was meant to show that while there is global melt down and economic worries, Africa doesnt have such worries. Methink Africa never had economy, so why worry about what you dont have....Drink the fccking coke...lol
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
mayofab: You are seeing the opposite of what they were trying to achieve , they are actually showing you the good things about Africa, how we are the most connected, how we send money home when everyone else is in crisis, how we are partying and having a good time while the world is in shambles,how our music industry is thriving, how while everyone is worrying we are chilling drinking coke. It wasn't meant to be literally taken as one coke. Hope this helps
You said it all..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.