Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (37525 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Coca Cola Advert 1987 / Brrr; The Coca Cola Advert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
grin grin grin
have you seen an animal with a tribal mark?

st.upid i have tribal marks. angry angry angry angry
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by matrixme(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
The gentleman shouldn't have gotten reactionary over a little misunderstanding. No one requests for a bottle of coke when his house is on fire. Typical of most Africans, we drink coke whenever a happy occasion calls. ''DO AFRICANS THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE?'' is the title of a yet-to-be published blog post from my blog. You may want to google it sometime, and navigate to my futuristic thoughts about Africa while you wait. :-)
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by rebecca4kiss: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
i cant stop laughing with this our country Nigeria. imagine this below

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Hiringu: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
The world suffers from over-analysis. That's what most of you are displaying here.

In the context of this ad,there is nothing wrong wit that statement.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Obijulius: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
kombats: dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low

Pls speak 4urself...what do u mean by AFRICANS. Do u include the arabs of tunisia, egypt, algeria, morocco and libyans. R u counting d white minorities in south africa and zimbabwe?
U should be specific...but that's what happens when u believe that ur tinkin is low.
U've only succeeded in subjecting ur psyche to slavery. This is the lowest I have seen someone in a long while.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Copiousworld: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
Actually i don't see anything wrong here. Its only in Nigeria people read same sentence and interprets it differently. This advert is sure promoting the image of Africa. @OP go through the video again from the beginning with a mind of understanding. All wordings are actually promoting African culture & reputation. There are a billion reasons to believe in Africa. World shakes & stumbles (War crisis and related)= Africans are dancing (Happiness). Bank bail out= Africa still receive money overseas. Millions more African football players are ready to shine, world most admired man is African and so is the most beautiful woman. Come on dude, do you need to return back to school? World worries about their future better break down "UNCERTAIN FUTURE DUE TO GLOBAL MELT DOWN"= 1Billion Africans are sharing a coke better break down "1BILLION AFRICANS ARE HAPPY, MERRIMENT, CHEERFUL..BLA BLA BLA.. Drinking coke open happiness. This the message of the ad
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

st.upid i have tribal marks. angry angry angry angry

then you must be an African. grin no insult intended grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
This post is needless and it looks like a post from a grumpy old man/woman.

I don't find this advert in anyway insulting. If this advert is insulting, you could argue that just about anything in life is insulting.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Obijulius: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop: jobless id.oits! only mentally deranged, fault-lurking, chronic low self-esteeming ethnic bigots see everything wrong in a compliment.
if Africans are stewpid, Nigerians are drooling with an incurable stewpidity in a whole new level.
bunch of re.tards, racists, terrorists, ethnic hypocrites, scammers. don't you all get it? go get a life!

U r not a Nierian? I would presume that you are not. But if you are, ur Nigerian parents would be full of pride at the choice words u use to describe them. Your type would have sold themselves into slavery if they got a choice...you have serious complex issues!!!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
bombing you and your bunch of facially scared folks in the sake of tribal marks cool.
you should be lucky the world recognizes you at all, dont see any progress in sight for your folks.
as a matter of fact those children look to cute to be Africans

They look too cute to be African? Only Africans have facial/body marks?

This preserved ignorance is the reason why we have Ads like these; while the world is thinking about the future, this uneducated fool is dreaming about his next coke (and not the one the Ad is talking advertising)
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by goldng: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
You guys should please take it easy oh.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by finallytalking: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Copiousworld: Actually i don't see anything wrong here. Its only in Nigeria people read same sentence and interprets it differently. This advert is sure promoting the image of Africa. @OP go through the video again from the beginning with a mind of understanding. All wordings are actually promoting African culture & reputation. There are a billion reasons to believe in Africa. World shakes & stumbles (War crisis and related)= Africans are dancing (Happiness). Bank bail out= Africa still receive money overseas. Millions more African football players are ready to shine, world most admired man is African and so is the most beautiful woman. Come on dude, do you need to return back to school? World worries about their future better break down "UNCERTAIN FUTURE DUE TO GLOBAL MELT DOWN"= 1Billion Africans are sharing a coke better break down "1BILLION AFRICANS ARE HAPPY, MERRIMENT, CHEERFUL..BLA BLA BLA.. Drinking coke open happiness. This the message of the ad
perfect my friend, now interpret the bolded this way: Boko haram bombing churches, child soldiers fighting = Africans are dancing (Happiness); People are trying to rebuild their economies = Africa is happy to receive handouts; World most admired man is African = We are in ecstasy losing our best brains; while the rest of the world is happy to export Zuckerberg and other intellectuals Africa is happy exporting clowns to entertain them... pleaseeeeee!!!!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by MacLovington(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
bsparks: I don't see anything wrong with it. If u follow the flow from the begining of the advert, I'd say Coca Cola is doing great PR for Africa - IMAO cool

Not PR is needed in Africa, we have enough "shuffering & Shmiling a la Fela". They need to show corporate resposibility.

The insulting thing is to refer to the whole of Africa as if it is one homogeneous country. While Naija politicians are busy with harlots, pepper soup and owambe( similar to coke ad), some in Ghana & elsewhere are planning for the future.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
say-d-fact:
why every1 worries, we share a coke because OUR FUTURE IS SECURED....
if u no like am... write a letter to coke (seriously not a yab)
abi? Or stop drinkn coca cola

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by dsurrogat: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Everything LOOKS like an insult because of our low self esteem
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

They look too cute to be African? Only Africans have facial/body marks?

This preserved ignorance is the reason why we have Ads like these; while the world is thinking about the future, this uneducated fool is dreaming about his next coke (and not the one the Ad is talking advertising)
Nigerians! miss stop fo.oling yourself like Nigerians most annoyingly do. go on google, you got the internet, i presume. And prove me wrong with any other continent with facial scarred marks and not tattooing or 'body markings'.
my point is Nigerians stop spewing your disgusting ignorance everywhere, its so annoying!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
Nigerians! miss stop fo.oling yourself like Nigerians most annoyingly do. go on google, you got the internet, i presume. And prove me wrong with any other continent with facial scarred marks and not tattooing or 'body markings'.
my point is Nigerians stop spewing your disgusting ignorance everywhere, its so annoying!

You're very stu//pid, you know that.
So Africa is the only continent with the facial/body marks?
Seun what kind of business do you run here? Where do you find these animals who come here to post as if they've not been educated?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by omosexy1: 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Copiousworld: Actually i don't see anything wrong here. Its only in Nigeria people read same sentence and interprets it differently. This advert is sure promoting the image of Africa. @OP go through the video again from the beginning with a mind of understanding. All wordings are actually promoting African culture & reputation. There are a billion reasons to believe in Africa. World shakes & stumbles (War crisis and related)= Africans are dancing (Happiness). Bank bail out= Africa still receive money overseas. Millions more African football players are ready to shine, world most admired man is African and so is the most beautiful woman. Come on dude, do you need to return back to school? World worries about their future better break down "UNCERTAIN FUTURE DUE TO GLOBAL MELT DOWN"= 1Billion Africans are sharing a coke better break down "1BILLION AFRICANS ARE HAPPY, MERRIMENT, CHEERFUL..BLA BLA BLA.. Drinking coke open happiness. This the message of the ad

A post without intellectual thinking. It is only a mad man that leaves his house unkept and goes about partying. The world is not worrying, they are thinking, strategizing, learning and suggesting ways to improve. Guess what Africa is doing, partying, drinking Coke, Star, Gulder, Heineken and local alcohol products. Let me share an illustration to you from your own door step. Do you know that Jonathan drinks on a daily basis, he gets high regularly to stay afloat off Nigeria issues. Nigeria is faced with million countless issues, the new one (Boko Haram), that threatens our sovereignty and economic stability, yet we are so insensitive to it so as our President. As thousand dies, we pop open millions of Coke and Alcohol and drink to our merriment without any sober reflection to innocent lives being lost. Do you know that it is approximately 52 years of erratic power supply in this country and do you want to ask me how many Coke and Alcoholic drinks have been consumed for those 52 years. Do you think the West will be in merriment if they have 52 years of poor power supply. Even with the Japan earthquake, there was still power supply. Do you also know that Nigeria's form of terrorism is a new one, where its own citizen kill each other. The world is experiencing a different form of terrorism, where foreigners penetrate terrorist acts. Our drunk President informed us wholeheartedly that we should prepare to live side by side with this new form of terrorism and is even begging with Olive leaves to the terrorist. Now tell me why Coke won't be so shocked that African/Nigerians are drinking coke without considering their issues. Do you think Coca Cola cares about you or your issues, they are bothered about their revenue growth and right now Africa is the continent doing that for them. Rather than we gather and resolve our issues, we gather to (Open Happiness) and (Shine Shine Bobo Bobo) and merry our lives away. According to Leonardo DiCaprio in "Blood Diamond" - Africa is God-foresaken Continent.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by manny4life(m): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
Personally, I do not see anything wrong in this commercial. We Africans, because of how we've suffered so much and since most of us are pessimistic about so many things, should I also add about our low self esteem? We tend to be on the defensive. Such defensive is the reason that breeds unnecessary hatred. The background and images might be uncalled for but the message was CLEAR.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
d_surrogat: Everything LOOKS like an insult because of our low self esteem
South Africans will not see anything wrong with this ad, Ghana will not, neither will Angola. bigotry-battering can only produce scu.ms who see everything wrong with the world.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by manny4life(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:

If you were not stu/pid and foo/lish, you would know that tribal markings come in different shapes and sizes.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Seun what kind of business do you run here? Where do you find these animals who come here to post as if they've not been educated?
grin pixes please or prove it?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
manny4life:

If you were not stu/pid and foo/lish, you would know that tribal markings come in different shapes and sizes.
like the marathon line your relatives got in the village? grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by bluz: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
okaaay so coke company has turnd Africans to animals bcuz its only animalz that dont think of the future. This is a first degree INSULT on AFRICANS. From today onward no coca cola product cuz i am a proud Africa(Naija spirit) Bleep COCA COLA
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by manny4life(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
like the marathon line your relatives got in the village? grin

Nothing wrong with it, unfortunately, I don't have tribal lines, but if I did, I'd like it. Ain't no shame in my game, I'm not ashamed of being African, unlike you, you cut your face to spite your nose (tufia)
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by valencia25(m): 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
Godpinkin: shit! this is an insult . So na only to drink coke they this our brain.
una no go kill person 4 here oogrin grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
manny4life:

Nothing wrong with it, unfortunately, I don't have tribal lines, but if I did, I'd like it. Ain't no shame in my game, I'm not ashamed of being African, unlike you, you cut your face to spite your nose (tufia)
i dare you to produce anyone from the other continents with scarred facial marks like your relatives or keep shut. Nigerians and stew.pidity, you can hardly miss it.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by omosexy1: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
South Africans will not see anything wrong with this ad, Ghana will not, neither will Angola. bigotry-battering can only produce scu.ms who see everything wrong with the world.
Your post shows that you don't travel and keep abreast for Foreign or Africa matters/policies. South Africa is sickened with crime that even the local police is shocked with the statistics. Do you know that you can get rob in broad day light in South Africa. Now that is a serious issue. Add HIV to that. Their president (Jacob Zuma) pays little attention to those issues but goes about marrying new wives and straffing donkeys on skirts. He even told the world that he slept with an HIV positive lady and only washed himself with water. Do you know that the unemployment rate in South-Africa is alarming? Now do you know that the alcohol and coke consumption in South Africa is also alarming and shocking. Oh sorry I forgot, the consumption of Cocaine too is alarming. I don't know much about Ghana, the country seems to be repositioning itself, the last I check they are the fastest growing economy in Sub-sahara Africa (little wonder why Nigeria locals are rushing to Ghana to do business). I probably will have to visit the place to assess their issues and development.

PS- I forgot to add that Nigeria Gas Companies supplies Gas to Ghana to power their turbines for power generation. The same Gas Companies that cannot supply PHCN Power Distribution companies regular gas. (SMH to the issues/diseases in Nigeria)
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by IleIfe2(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
The picture/image made it politically correct. while the world worries about apocalypse, Armageddon e.t.c Africa shares coke. You will look like a trouble maker if you complain about this. lol
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

miss, i await your response to prove me wrong.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by seantemple(m): 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Dear NL, you guys should be reasonable. While the rest of the world's population worry about the future, Africa doesn't because Africa thinks about the future. And while you are thinking about the future, there is nothing wrong in taking a sip of coke. Thinking requires a great deal of energy as provided by coke. But on the other hand while you worry, you don't need energy.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
i dare you to produce anyone from the other continents with scarred facial marks like your relatives or keep shut. Nigerians and stew.pidity, you can hardly miss it.

My friend STOP being STU/PID. The American Native/Indian Tribe have ancient marks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.