Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (37530 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Coca Cola Advert 1987 / Brrr; The Coca Cola Advert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by FrankieA: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
kombats: dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low
. This fellow is dumb. Cos Ʊ think low doesn't mean every African like Ʊ dude. The advert is degrading and an insult to Africans.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by awesome9ja: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
Stop Drinking Coke. Go 4 Zobo.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by wildeyeq(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
I'm sorry to say this, but thinking the Ad insults Africans is an insult to us on its own. Adverts do not aim to appeal to just the logical part of our brains but mostly our emotions and subconscious. The latest tagline for Coca Cola is "Open Happiness" so what the advert is suggesting to you is that while the rest of the world are worrying about the futuren 1bn Africans are enjoying happiness.

Our limitist and unimaginative, elementary level adverts spewed out by mediocre brands in Nigeria is almost conditioning us to not appreciate innovation or fully assimilate intelligent advertising. Adverts are supposed to make you think and feel. Ours are like an open book like Nollywood titles. Those are the insulting ones.

Coke is telling the world that we are sharing happiness while the world panics. Nothing wrong with that if you ask me

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
Haha.. There is nothing wrong with the advert. I don't see where it says Africa doesn't care about their future sad
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by coolheed: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
There is something called PERSPECTIVES. It is like the description of an elephant by 10 blind men who described the elephant based on the part of the elephant that is been touched. While some say it has rough edges, others say it is as smooth as anything. This advert may mean different things to different people at different circumstances. But one thing is certain, the maker of Coca Cola will definitely have to market his products using emotional stunts that will appeal to the masses. It is just unfortunate that there are BIGGER issues confronting us as nations in Africa and they are so BIG that they can make a Coca Cola drink taste sour.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by jeffizy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
kombats: dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low
What part of Africa are you from?
You think so low#fact#
I'm super intelligent#fact#
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Cupidkc(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
As for me the advert has two meanings; first,it sees Africans as happy people. Then secondly, as people that are carefree to life.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by sirp2007: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
There is nothing WRONG with d advert.
A man that is short of confidence will always interprete compliment as derogatory.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by kandiikane(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
Omfg, the hooorror!! grin

Abeg, chill and drink coke. Everything you must find the bad in it.

As an Africa ah don't worry about the future because it is secure so ah dey drink coke whilst the rest of the world dey lose sleep. Take a break and share coke tongue

Lovely Ad.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Onyenna(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
itoldu: Una get earthquake, hurricane, volcanic eruption? Na only manmade disaster dey worry us.no go thank your maker and take a bottle of coke. #calmsyourinsanity.

grin grin grin grin ......
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by animari(f): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
I like the fact that while the rest of the world stumbles around Africa dances to its own beat' we are not the same as the rest of the world and we will never be- I love that- I love Africa and I hate the fact that so many people want to be American- Africa has its own rythm and its own ways- via!!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Skmoda360(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
itz an indirect insult..
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by decrox199(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
Meaning dat we dnt thnk....huge insult...wey dat cocacola ceo?

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Biggyd2: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
Well, I don't take water 'n sugar mixture, so I will pass. wink
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Chanchit: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
It depends on the way you view it, buh even if its the way i fink u r viewing it, i don't feel they are even wrong, if our natinal assembly thinks its high time they give mikel an award, then we are really drinking coca cola, while others are thinking...
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by nyabingi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
i DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE advert, IT actually portrayals Africa as the best continent to live in...one place scared me tough "THE END IS NEAR WHILE THE rest OF THE WORLD WORRIES ABOUT THE FUTURE" Good point!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
What's with the background?

This is why some foolish ppl still ask me if we have buildings in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
It is a great insult considering the fact that almost a billion of Africans can't afford a bottle of coke.

Mu he he he che che che che che he he cheesy
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by omosexy1: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
The advert is nothing but the hard truth. While the world is struggling to get out of a recession, Africa is not bothered about one cos they have been living in recession for years. They (Coke) forgot to mention that there are thousands of African militants and terrorists who kill million of Africans daily and then drink a coke to enjoy. They also forgot to mention about the political instability, dictators, undemocratic pretentious political leaders in Africa who subject their people to hardship only to enjoy bottles of Coke with their friends, families and LovePeddler$. I guess Coca Cola is amazed how their revenue keep surging up in Africa while the rest of the world is reducing their Coke consumption due to the recession. See how quick they were to show those dancing and to tell Africans that the only expatriates they can ever have are "Footballers" and their only export to the rest of the world is "African music". Also notice how the advert was actually shot in a desert (without animals because the animals are dead of hunger) and nothing was said about the economic situation of Africa. They are shocked that in spite of the billion issues Africa has, they are insensitive to them and will go ahead to merry and have a coke.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
jobless id.oits! only mentally deranged, fault-lurking, chronic low self-esteeming ethnic bigots see everything wrong in a compliment.
if Africans are stewpid, Nigerians are drooling with an incurable stewpidity in a whole new level.
bunch of re.tards, racists, terrorists, ethnic hypocrites, scammers. don't you all get it? go get a life!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
You get whatever energy you give out, that's the law of the universe.

Africa - and poverty, war, corruption, greediness, hunger etc. go hand in hand. Clean up your mess, and others will respect you. undecided
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by icon8: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
life_style:

Young man, I disagree with you... undecided Africans are not happy. undecided
Lol...Happy? Far from it!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop: jobless id.oits! only mentally deranged, fault-lurking, chronic low self-esteeming ethnic bigots see everything wrong in a compliment.
if Africans are stewpid, Nigerians are drooling with an incurable stewpidity in a whole new level.
bunch of re.tards, racists, terrorists, ethnic hypocrites, scammers. don't you all get it? go get a life!

What have you now said?

So anywaz, which church are you and your friends bombing today?

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by niyitogun(m): 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Not seen the advert but I presume coke in that context can be figurative for national cake....#on point
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
i am going back to palm wine. no more coke for me. angry
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop: jobless id.oits! only mentally deranged, fault-lurking, chronic low self-esteeming ethnic bigots see everything wrong in a compliment.

Don't mind them, fam...

Bunch of hypocrites who are always looking for hand-outs everywhere. Fix ya country, and continent - and other people will respect you..

Africa is shytehole of the world because of the people who occupy that space.

I'm tired of praising stupidity, fix the damn continent - and stop looking for handouts, and moaning about everything. undecided
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

What have you now said?

So anywaz, which church are you and your friends bombing today?
bombing you and your bunch of facially scared folks in the sake of tribal marks cool.
you should be lucky the world recognizes you at all, dont see any progress in sight for your folks.
as a matter of fact those children look to cute to be Africans
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by rebecca4kiss: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
all is advert.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by niyitogun(m): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
omosexy1: The advert is nothing but the hard truth. While the world is struggling to get out of a recession, Africa is not bothered about one cos they have been living in recession for years. They (Coke) forgot to mention that there are thousands of African militants and terrorists who kill million of Africans daily and then drink a coke to enjoy. They also forgot to mention about the political instability, dictators, undemocratic pretentious political leaders in Africa who subject their people to hardship only to enjoy bottles of Coke with their friends, families and LovePeddler$. I guess Coca Cola is amazed how their revenue keep surging up in African while the rest of the world is reducing their Coke consumption due to the recession. See how quick they were to show those dancing and to tell Africans that the only expatriates they can ever have are "Footballers" and their only export to the rest of the world is "African music". Also notice how the advert was actually shot in a desert (without animals because the animals are dead of hunger) and nothing was said about the economic situation of Africa. They are shocked that in spite of the billions issues Africa has, they are insensitive to them and will go ahead to merry and have a coke.

Lmao...Can't help but laf @ d twisted humor
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by cindyrella(f): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
It is a very big insult. But it sure won't stop me from drinking coke. grin grin grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
chromoTop:
bombing you and your bunch of facially scared folks in the sake of tribal marks cool.
you should be lucky the world recognizes you at all, dont see any progress in sight for your folks.
as a matter of fact those children look to cute to be Africans

hey dont make fun of tribal marks you senseless baboon. angry angry angry angry
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by chromoTop: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

hey dont make fun of tribal marks you senseless baboon. angry angry angry angry
grin grin grin
have you seen an animal with a tribal mark?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good / Profile Of Beauty, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.