Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (37526 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Coca Cola Advert 1987 / Brrr; The Coca Cola Advert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
ti-ebe:
i found It very insulting as well. Almost paints Africans as a continent pre-occupied with merry making than planning bout the future
but is it not true?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lugards1: 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
bsparks: I don't see anything wrong with it. If u follow the flow from the begining of the advert, I'd say Coca Cola is doing great PR for Africa - IMAO cool
bring your own concept to override coca cola if you care for future
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jenams: Sharin a coke simply denotes celebration of success! I̶̲̥̅̊n other words, While †ЂΞ rest of †ЂΞ world worry abt future success, africans are celebratin success. Τ̅o ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, ∂α† Ȋ̝̊̅s †ЂΞ message they r tryin τ̅o pass.

If I may ask What success sir? undecided
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
kunlebco:
you must be very stupid. uttering shit like that. you are one the people that has no worry as long as there is a coke( either coca cola or cocaine) at hand abi
honestly speaking bros I am 1 of them cos coke or no coke Africa is doomed.I might as well drink away my sorrows. some bubbles 4 ma troubles wink
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
omosexy1: The advert is nothing but the hard truth. While the world is struggling to get out of a recession, Africa is not bothered about one cos they have been living in recession for years. They (Coke) forgot to mention that there are thousands of African militants and terrorists who kill million of Africans daily and then drink a coke to enjoy. They also forgot to mention about the political instability, dictators, undemocratic pretentious political leaders in Africa who subject their people to hardship only to enjoy bottles of Coke with their friends, families and LovePeddler$. I guess Coca Cola is amazed how their revenue keep surging up in Africa while the rest of the world is reducing their Coke consumption due to the recession. See how quick they were to show those dancing and to tell Africans that the only expatriates they can ever have are "Footballers" and their only export to the rest of the world is "African music". Also notice how the advert was actually shot in a desert (without animals because the animals are dead of hunger) and nothing was said about the economic situation of Africa. They are shocked that in spite of the billion issues Africa has, they are insensitive to them and will go ahead to merry and have a coke.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! this is the best post Ive read in awhile bros ure the man .
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by kokoA(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nigeria alone appropriated 1billion naira for her president's feeding, i believe a good chunk of that money will go into buying sone nice coke bottles.. grin they can't help but to show the rest of the world how Africa has been good to their business.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by otele(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
africans and inferiority complex grin
if you guys(actually we grin) had a reasonable society, what could bring us into the white man's land? we have a wrecked society and yet each time we demand respect. how? the world will never respect the black man as long as the black man's country is a complete mess. even the black man can't respect his fellow black man. even poor poland and ukraine are discriminatory against black man. wretched india and pakistan, even bangladesh all disrespect the black man. we have to learn how to love and respect ourselves first.

our ancestors had this inferiority complex, that's why the black man is the only person who sold his brother, millions of them, over a span of 400yrs to another man of another race.
arabs wont sell arab slaves to africans. or white man sell white slaves to arabs. our countries are a mess. we run away from our land in search of better life abroad. we have graduates sweeping the streets in london. . . . . and yet, somehow we demand respect grin grin grin grin grin grin wake up and smell the coffee. the world is never gonna respect the black man until the black man stands on his feet in the world community.

and anyway, i see nothing wrong with the advert. it's business. they are seeking your attention and they are getting it. grin
if you do an identical advert, replace the people there with whites, change africa to europe, nobody will notice. but coke advert advusers know what will attract attention. thats all advert does. attention seeking. they got it. just reminded you that coke still exists. incase some countries are developing new drinks competing with coke
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by godello: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
otele: africans and inferiority complex grin
if you guys(actually we grin) had a reasonable society, what could bring us into the white man's land? we have a wrecked society and yet each time we demand respect. how? the world will never respect the black man as long as the black man's country is a complete mess. even the black man can't respect his fellow black man. even poor poland and ukraine are discriminatory against black man. wretched india and pakistan, even bangladesh all disrespect the black man. we have to learn how to love and respect ourselves first.

our ancestors had this inferiority complex, that's why the black man is the only person who sold his brother, millions of them, over a span of 400yrs to another man of another race.
arabs wont sell arab slaves to africans. or white man sell white slaves to arabs. our countries are a mess. we run away from our land in search of better life abroad. we have graduates sweeping the streets in london. . . . . and yet, somehow we demand respect grin grin grin grin grin grin wake up and smell the coffee. the world is never gonna respect the black man until the black man stands on his feet in the world community.

and anyway, i see nothing wrong with the advert. it's business. they are seeking your attention and they are getting it. grin
if you do an identical advert, replace the people there with whites, change africa to europe, nobody will notice. but coke advert advusers know what will attract attention. thats all advert does. attention seeking. they got it. just reminded you that coke still exists. incase some countries are developing new drinks competing with coke
tell them !
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
BoboYekini: lol @OP, its a blatant insult right there. I dont drink coca-cola, but if I did this would be the last day.
btw, did the ad say 'coke'? or 'coca-cola'? I'm sure they'd never use 'coke', unless they want serious trouble.
my point exactly..Bleep coca cola...i never takin it again in ma lyf
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
life_style:

young man be careful with what you say... angry
im with yhu ma man
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by ayorins(m): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Godpinkin: shit! this is an insult . So na only to drink coke they this of our brain.
LOL
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by omosexy1: 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Copiousworld: [b]@ omosexy1[/b] [b]Where did you grow up from and in what Uni did you graduate? [/b]Please u sure need return to sch. Whats your bleat with the house? No one is fighting with you, your points, illustrations & examples are baseless, unsupported, unfounded, groundless and very immature, the advert has got nothing to do with the present calamities or misery in Nigeria. These problems has been even before you and i were born. The advert is only testifying that Africans are happy people and coca cola is a symbol of happiness, its has no connection with us not been able to think about and build our future.. Come on....peace.

I had a second thought about addressing your post but I want to buttress a point for others to note and imbibe. Do not take my comments offensive rather try to relate it to your personal life. It will sure help. Your reply highlighted above reveals nothing but inferior complex buried deep down your subconscious mind. There is a popular adage that says "A man must come ready to a battlefield". Now, let me relate it with your comment. Your comment is an expression of your personality and mental ability and it shows how unprepared you are to engage in discussion. I often notice how defensive posters on Nairaland become when someone addresses their incorrigible statements. Rather than produce facts to backup the arguments or reply constructively, they begin with the comment highlighted above. These feeble minds go further to make incoherent statements (The advert is only testifying that Africans are happy people) without any form of justification nor conclusive argument to enable one either agree nor disagree. Such comments, which are not related to the topic of discussion, only but reveal the insanity level and knowledge base of the poster.

Copiousworld if you intend to ask a question, ask a direct question, if you want to advise, proffer advise, if you also want to make incoherent statement (as stated above) you are certainly free to express yourself. But do not all at once, it is like you running into the market unclad and laughing.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by yurLink: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
COMMON...SELECTIVE HEARING AND SEEING..HOW COME THE POSTER IGNORED THE OTHER POSITIVES OF AFRICA PORTRAYED IN THE ADVERT AND DECIDES TO SEE WHAT MAY BE CONSTRUED AS BEING INSULTING..AS FOR ME I DO NOT SEE ANY INSULT IN THE ADVERT , ACTUALLY I LIKE IT AND EVEN SING ALONG WITH THE KIDS...I LOVE U AFRICA, I LOVE YOU YEAH..EVEN AT THE POINT OF "WHILE THE REST OF THE WORLD WORRY ABOUT THEIR FUTURE, THE IMAGE SHOWN IS THAT OF A HOMELESS MAN IN EUROPE" SERIOUSLY SOME OF Y'ALL BLACK FOLKS NEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL..
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 12, 2012
otele: africans and inferiority complex grin

The order in which you highlighted the bolded makes me feel you suffer from the same inferiority complex you accuse other Africans of having....

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by abugbe(m): 1:10am On Jun 12, 2012
guys me am Speechless¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 12, 2012
its not easy to answer there are some stereotypes in this video but i'm think its the least offensive advertisement ever..so i'm not offended at all since its not this video who decide the way i live
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Mben(m): 2:51am On Jun 12, 2012
See o!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Mben(m): 2:53am On Jun 12, 2012
Common Guys....it is not insulting to make merry
If you want to see "Insult" then see this Sony advert and listen carefully for what they said about Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGG9e00XPk
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Copiousworld: 4:10am On Jun 12, 2012
omosexy1:

I had a second thought about addressing your post but I want to buttress a point for others to note and imbibe. Do not take my comments offensive rather try to relate it to your personal life. It will sure help. Your reply highlighted above reveals nothing but inferior complex buried deep down your subconscious mind. There is a popular adage that says "A man must come ready to a battlefield". Now, let me relate it with your comment. Your comment is an expression of your personality and mental ability and it shows how unprepared you are to engage in discussion. I often notice how defensive posters on Nairaland become when someone addresses their incorrigible statements. Rather than produce facts to backup the arguments or reply constructively, they begin with the comment highlighted above. These feeble minds go further to make incoherent statements (The advert is only testifying that Africans are happy people) without any form of justification nor conclusive argument to enable one either agree nor disagree. Such comments, which are not related to the topic of discussion, only but reveal the insanity level and knowledge base of the poster.

Copiousworld if you intend to ask a question, ask a direct question, if you want to advise, proffer advise, if you also want to make incoherent statement (as stated above) you are certainly free to express yourself. But do not all at once, it is like you running into the market unclad and laughing.

No i do not take your comments offensive but it amaze me that we need debate on this.(A man must come ready to a battlefield) Yes a good metaphorical expression indeed but how does this intertwined into our discussion? It shows how u have prepared yourself to argue unceasing even when you know you are wrong. Well sorry a sensible man need not come prepared for a loose battle. I have read closely your response to others N.L comments and i ask myself, do we still have people who find it very difficult to understand English and figurative expressions? Nigerians always want facts, points, e.g and bla bla for simple issues that explains itself. You do not have to read a particular line in the bible to understand the meaning but the whole verse/chapter. The last phrase from the advert was synonymously used to express the relationship between happiness and coca cola. Why didn't you debate on the beautiful wordings in same advert about Africa? and please be well informed that Coca cola is a renowned company and before such companies would make public their adverts it must have gone through different assessments, reviews and certifications. Only in Nigeria you will see lower intellect arguing poorly and blindly due to idleness. Ok let me teach you a simple moral lesson, the only way you can grow is overlook the negativity and pick-up the positive side in any act. Why argue or debate over something that will change nothing? Making too much noise and doing nothing. Ok come to think of it, is it not Idleness that will make anyone think, digest and argue the self explained advert as an insult? What effect has it got on you as an individual? What's the essence of this argument or discussion? to tell coca cola to change the advert? You guys can't even argue or debate with GEJ to readjust the subsidy issue and other vital economy ordeal and you are here debating on issues not relevant. Hmmp.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by otele(m): 4:47am On Jun 12, 2012
Mben: Common Guys....it is not insulting to make merry
If you want to see "Insult" then see this Sony advert and listen carefully for what they said about Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGG9e00XPk

Now this is a direct insult. The only problem is that it's true. lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by OperaMini1(m): 5:01am On Jun 12, 2012
I drew my wife's attention to dt ads on Sunday night. While it seems insulting, it only chorused d truth that we only live for today, dt we're less concerned about whatever the rest of the world is doing.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by emmykk(m): 5:45am On Jun 12, 2012
Negative people always pick hole on something-jst as they accused airtel advert of saying at 24 is already late 2 make ur million,2day is coca cola-we r 2 used 2 local advert,so when we c new thing we go dey mumu
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by maigaskiya1: 6:11am On Jun 12, 2012
pato405: implication: Africa is less concerned about the future. they are more bothered about getting bottles of coca-cola to possibly drink themselves to stupor. what other continent could possibly be more concerned and apprehensive about the economy of the future than Africans.

these people have insulted our intelligence far too much o!enough is enough

we have more pressing issues to attend to than gulping down 7 cubes of sugar in coloured water.
wetn una dy complan abot.abi na lie dm lie,wetn una no 4 afrika if nt owambe chop meat cm drink nd later una go kary gun go fite,sm go even cal dms3 boko haram al shabab nd militant.mtheew una get luck say no be kai kai.tombo nd burukutu company do d advert
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by pendo89(f): 6:18am On Jun 12, 2012
my best advert so far. i just love it!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by redsun(m): 6:39am On Jun 12, 2012
There are two side of the coin. On one side,africa has the potententials of becoming a super power and not bothered about the anguish and worries of the declining western empires,i.e,america, if and only africans can wake up from the deep slumber. While on the other side,as it stands now,the excitement,as a result of perpetual and fundamental lack,of opening a diabetes and high blood pressure inducing bottle of coke by an average african is equivalent to that of an average westerner popping a bottle of high priced champagne.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by walcolm(m): 6:39am On Jun 12, 2012
otele:

Now this is a direct insult. The only problem is that it's true. lipsrsealed

when that Sony advert came up, Dora Akinyuli made Sony apologize and the advert was pulled officially by Sony.

i think the coca cola advert needs to go the same way. it doesn't matter what arguments anybody puts up, Coca cola is not an African brand, they are a world wide brand. so singling out africa as the only continent that is not concerned about the future is not fair.

it is not fair to the hardworking men and women who are struggling under inept and corrupt leadership to make something out of nothing.
it is not fair on the millions of graduates walking the streets looking for non-existent jobs and not able to self employ due to lack of access to start up capital
it is not fair to the farmers working with inadequate tools to till the ground and grow food they have to transport hundreds of kilometers to get a market for

it really is not fair to ourselves to say Coca cola has not done anything wrong by this advert
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Meklex(m): 6:57am On Jun 12, 2012
walcolm:

when that Sony advert came up, Dora Akinyuli made Sony apologize and the advert was pulled officially by Sony.

i think the coca cola advert needs to go the same way. it doesn't matter what arguments anybody puts up, Coca cola is not an African brand, they are a world wide brand. so singling out africa as the only continent that is not concerned about the future is not fair.

it is not fair to the hardworking men and women who are struggling under inept and corrupt leadership to make something out of nothing.
it is not fair on the millions of graduates walking the streets looking for non-existent jobs and not able to self employ due to lack of access to start up capital
it is not fair to the farmers working with inadequate tools to till the ground and grow food they have to transport hundreds of kilometers to get a market for

it really is not fair to ourselves to say Coca cola has not done anything wrong by this advert
thank you sir!!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by crackhouse(m): 7:07am On Jun 12, 2012
mayofab: ARE YOU ALL BLIND! THE ADVERT IS CLEARLY SAYING THAT AFRICA IS GETTING ON BETTER THAN THE WORLD, IT IS PROMOTING THE GOOD IN AFRICA, E.G "while the word shakes and stumbles, Africa dances to a different beat" , WHICH RACISM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
but do u believe it? Being an african man, did u see any good reason why we should not worry?. Technologically, we are lacking. When u talk abt leadership, african leaders are the worst. If u talk abt disease, it dwells in africa. If u talk abt peace, it's only in africa u will see incessant wars. Educationally, we are not there. Medically, we are the worst. So tell me why u believe that we are getting better more than others. Mr man stop confusing urself. If africa is better, why do u travel to the western world for medical treatment, quality education, when u want to have a peace of mind, for green pasture and so on. Pls think well.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Goldenheart(m): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2012
wat can i say I felt lyk they are talking 2 me cos i drink coke die......
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by ogochukwunasa1: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Ofuks: shocked :oLet me rephrase the advert.

While politicians are robbing us blind, terrorists are bombing the wrong people, planes are falling from the skies and Nairalanders are busy fighting on the net!

your mother!
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by crackhouse(m): 7:53am On Jun 12, 2012
mayofab: ARE YOU ALL BLIND! THE ADVERT IS CLEARLY SAYING THAT AFRICA IS GETTING ON BETTER THAN THE WORLD, IT IS PROMOTING THE GOOD IN AFRICA, E.G "while the word shakes and stumbles, Africa dances to a different beat" , WHICH RACISM ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.