Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,639 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely (10507 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by ebamma(m): 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
if he has already sexed u,b4 u asked him dat question,its likely he wants to leave u.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Okeycima: 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
u can't blame d homeboy becos u girls made it to b so wen u tell a girl u love her she will just take u for a fool but what I have to say is dat u know urself beta and d way he treats u.if it is not encouraging try and make out time and talk to him about it and if he refuse to change den u have to let him go
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Ournaija: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
KINGwax: laugh to kill me o. Seriously? U asked him if he truly loves u? Hehehe...secondary school drills.
let's do ds again...
You: (heads on the guys chest, stroking his monkey being, i mean his hairy chest, speaks in a moody voice), can i ask u somethin?
The sharp guysadwith his hands strokin your 'overdue and cheap' weave-on) ask anythin sweetheart.
You, the fo0l: (shy, smiles,): do u really love me? (raises her head to face him), i mean, do u?
The guysadhis hands entangled in the now falling off wannabe hair), hmmm...well, i do..
The girl: blushin, or happy, or dancing...seriously help me out, what will u have done if he had say yes? I only knw of more fucck and nothin else. Will u have gone to church for testimony?
Girl you're sick. Love doesn't exists..seriously, KINGwax alwys says:
LOVE IS JST A TOOL, WIELDED BUY THE WISE, TO DECEIVE THE FO0L, IN ORDER TO GET WHAT HE DESIRED! Arrant Nonsense

Easy bro
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by yorke1: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
Realbitch is that you? If that is you then, i reserve my comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by HighChief4(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
A wise man once said "A fool is born the day a man falls in love". Maybe dude is just being sincere with you and that does not translate that he is about to dump you. Many people have married women they are not really in love with and some love have taken more than 2years to develop, so you are in the best position to know how he treats you. Any advise given to you here is nothing but being superficial.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by dahdah: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
I DON'T THINK THE GUY REALLY LOVE YOU
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by seyigiggle: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
honestly, i did the same thing to my fiance (now my wife).
i didnt even know how to answer that question cos you know girls sometimes can be silly once they know you are truly in love with them, then they begin to twist you.
my advice, watch his attitude and behavour.
besides, has he introduced you to any of his people, likewise you?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
2 years is a long time
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by sexyzeeno: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
woodcook: @op seems u r in deep shit! First u r lucky he was even honest with you. The bottom line is a times out of unexplainable reason we get "twisted" inside and call it love. This inner "twist" some times could be intense that you could loss your mind and all that you ever stood for just to feel better inside. My advise to you; you had better start pulling out. Asking you never to see him again, is something I know that given your lever if "inner twist" that might be like telling to go commit suicide. The best you could do is to look for something else and focus on it, maybe a mini-project, that will help in unwinding your "twisted inner self". Please if you ever managed to "untwist" yourself from this never again should you allow yourself to be in such situation even in marriage. You just have to see every union like an agreement, where you do what is required of you at all time, so that by the end of the day if the agreement fails you wont be held responsible and or feel hurt.
thanks, God bless u
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by mirob(f): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
Your own is even better cos you know you are in a relationship, what of the lady that asked the boyfriend of 2 years plus if they are in a relationship and he said 'NO', what would you have done? Just leave him cos he doesn't want to commit himself when the time comes.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by piragirl(f): 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
KINGwax: laugh to kill me o. Seriously? U asked him if he truly loves u? Hehehe...secondary school drills.
let's do ds again...
You: (heads on the guys chest, stroking his monkey being, i mean his hairy chest, speaks in a moody voice), can i ask u somethin?
The sharp guysadwith his hands strokin your 'overdue and cheap' weave-on) ask anythin sweetheart.
You, the fo0l: (shy, smiles,): do u really love me? (raises her head to face him), i mean, do u?
The guysadhis hands entangled in the now falling off wannabe hair), hmmm...well, i do..
The girl: blushin, or happy, or dancing...seriously help me out, what will u have done if he had say yes? I only knw of more fucck and nothin else. Will u have gone to church for testimony?
Girl you're sick. Love doesn't exists..seriously, KINGwax alwys says:
LOVE IS JST A TOOL, WIELDED BUY THE WISE, TO DECEIVE THE FO0L, IN ORDER TO GET WHAT HE DESIRED! Arrant Nonsense
love do exist,is either u av nt found one or you already miss it.
Tink deeply,u will knw wish one......
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by henrico247(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
Your love has over shadowed him that he is so confused that he does not know wether this is love or not. Just keep on playing your role and stop nursing such feelings in your mind. Remind love grows day by day.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by DSB(m): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
Why gbagaun come plenty for these replies for here?....Anyway,from your story, I suspect that you 'asked him out'. I have been in this kind of situation(just like ur guy) before...I won't say we were dating but she really wanted us to be. My likeness for her failed to develop into love so I had to let go. Sometimes, you have to follow your head. Goodluck
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Armour: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
Atimes, i wonder how people here can add salt to the injury. Gal, this place may not be the best place to seek advice.

But this is my honest contribution. To start with; is the guy child of God? If yes, then u shud be patient wit me. Is the relationship a distance one? if Yes, then u need to come closer. The guy is not an hypocrate, because its very easy to confess love than practicalising it.

Guys look at so many things when it comes to settling down in life. Does he have dreams ?Are u interested in his dreams? Are u playing a role there? Everyone is saying love, love, love , few people can actually define the word ' LOVE'. He might have said that so that you can be challenged and find out why. So, find out why he can not stil confess his love to you by now.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by bvc(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mynd_44: The guy is at quarter to dump you. You better prepare yourself cos soon, he will be through and will leave you cold
<---its obvious to her, she still can hang on cus he got something to offer - money! She's just looking 4 encouragement. So, nlanders can go ahead n give her that. Ask me, I say get a job grin
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by sweetchicks(f): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Armour: Atimes, i wonder how people here can add salt to the injury. Gal, this place may not be the best place to seek advice.

But this is my honest contribution. To start with; is the guy child of God? If yes, then u shud be patient wit me. Is the relationship a distance one? if Yes, then u need to come closer. The guy is not an hypocrate, because its very easy to confess love than practicalising it.

Guys look at so many things when it comes to settling down in life. Does he have dreams ?Are u interested in his dreams? Are u playing a role there? Everyone is saying love, love, love , few people can actually define the word ' LOVE'. He might have said that so that you can be challenged and find out why. So, find out why he can not stil confess his love to you by now.
you couldnt av said it better!
dahdah: I DON'T THINK THE GUY REALLY LOVE YOU
what is your definition of love anyways? or how do you explain married couples who are thinking of divorce, did they not tell each other 'i love you' till it expired?

i tell you.. love does not exist on its own.. if he still shows that he cares, stick with him.you stayed two years! do u mean he has neva told you how much he loves you? give the guy a break... a man that could be that honest is worth a lot jor.. he doesnt need to tell you those words for you to know he does.. eventually he will without him prompting.. and like roctation said, u really have to be patient.. a person who hopes has gotta be patient...
my two kobo! pizz...

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by sparklebaby: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
bvc:
<---its obvious to her, she still can hang on cus he got something to offer - money! She's just looking 4 encouragement. So, nlanders can go ahead n give her that. Ask me, I say get a job grin

That was harsh.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by maybel(m): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
@op,u hav no worries at all. Some men dont bliv in words but action. I dont know why ladies bliv in wat hear and not wat they feel. I rememba my x-girl friend once asked me same questn 2 yrs into our relatnshp but i didnt ans her. I'm a man of few words,dont realy bliv in 'i love u and i miss u' stories. It's all bulls**t. It's wat i do to u dat matas. Till 2moro,dat girl still respects my admiratn 4 her but genotype issue caused our separatn. My dear friend,as long as u can feel d unspoken love,dont bother to ask him again. D only reason why u wil ask him is if he's not treating u well. Gudluck.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by ifihearam: 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
@poster
Let's leave the aspect of where you asked him if he loves you aside because you have already conditioned your mind to hear a yes. However,I want you to reflect on you guys for the past 2years,what was the relationship like?was there signs of love or just sexthing?
As for me no matter how much I will love a girl and she asks me such a direct question,I will never say "yes"because she might take an undue advantage over that honest answer and ur bf could be of thesame school of thought with me.

Don't mind those telling you to scram ooo especially the babes,they want you to join them in the labour market of searching for guys becos they are damn lonely.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by RealBitch(f): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
yorke1: Realbitch is that you? If that is you then, i reserve my comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
same here
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by phadat(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
I feel the part where you stated that you love him so much but life is not always fair will it suprise you to know that some guy somewhere is definately looking for love and your bf is not sure if he loves you back my point is :take consolation in the fact that you will find that one person that truly loves you the way you love him ciao
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by kinnex(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
amosy007:
and what is wrong with her asking him to date him when its obvious they "like" each other?

There's a lot of things wrong with it, my dear. Ladies should ALWAYS be the chased, and not the chaser.

Armour: Atimes, i wonder how people here can add salt to the injury. Gal, this place may not be the best place to seek advice.

WOW! You impress me sir/ma. This is the way to go.. Best contribution so far.. Kinnex says so.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by crackhouse(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
Maybe the guy is afraid of where the relationship may lead him to. He's trading carefully to avoid making a wholesale request. To be frank, that guy is using u for fun only. For sure i see no marriage plans for both in the future. But u know what u want so it's ur choice baby.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
I'll advice u, cos I'm in d mood....
Withhold sex 4 weeks, if he doesn't complain then he probably loves you, if he complains, then he want you just 4 d sex #fact (I 2 female friends, I don't love them but I would tell them anything to make sure I get it wen I want)... Don't fall 4 dat crap american movies portray - any Naija guy will tell you he loves you to get to your pants.
2. Ask yourself if he gains anytin from you, connection, money or any material tin, if the answer is NO, then he isn't using you, he just haven't made up his mind.
3. Ask long as he is faithful, he spends time with you, and he doesn't abuse you physically or emotionally, then stick 2 him, love isn't d ansa 2 evrytin in a relationship
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by beaulady1(f): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2012
sexyzeeno: Almost 2 years now dat i've been dating this guy and I love him so much and I can do anything 4 him. I was with him last weekend and I ask if he truly love him and he said he didn't knw dt I shld not be angry is just dat he's not sure that he need time to figure it out. Am hurting pls advise me.
[color=#006600][/color][color=#006600][/coh
Well am sorry abt hw U̶̲̥̅̊ feel,but i think you shld let him go.Love is a decision based on knowledge. 2years is enough time to knw U̶̲̥̅̊ and if he's still uncertain den he's not ready. My dε̲̣̣̣̥a̶̲̥̅̊r dere's a whole lot ahead of you pls move on.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 13, 2012
sexyzeeno: Almost 2 years now dat i've been dating this guy and I love him so much and I can do anything 4 him. I was with him last weekend and I ask if he truly love him and he said he didn't knw dt I shld not be angry is just dat he's not sure that he need time to figure it out. Am hurting pls advise me.
Almost 2yrs experience in bleeping...Dats a good skill to add to ur cv cool
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by freecocoa(f): 5:43am On Jun 13, 2012
OP walai na you find trouble o.

Why wait that long to figure it out?hmm you better take to your heels o.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 13, 2012
KINGwax:[/b]laugh to kill me o. Seriously? U asked him if he truly loves u? Hehehe...secondary school drills.
let's do ds again...
The sharp guywith his hands strokin your 'overdue and cheap' weave-on) ask anythin sweetheart.
The guyhis hands entangled in the now falling off wannabe hair), hmmm...well, i do..
Girl you're sick.[b] Love doesn't exists..seriously, KINGwax alwys says:

word!!!
we fall in love with attributes.
these attributes includes beauty, money, intelligence, height,academic achievements, family backgrounds etc.
remove all of these from any already existing "i will die for you" relationship, even your gateman will advice you to try someone else.

However, depending on your temperament, you may still be addicted to the sweet memories, but not for long.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely by arcmichael(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2012
simply because real love hasn't happened to so many of you here isn't enough evidence to rule out the existence of love... I see it as a very selfish claim for anyone to say that love doesn't exist whereas he/she is supposed to even consider the possibility of he/she- strike that thought out and replace it with three basic questions; am I worthy of true love...? Do I deserve to be truly loved? And what lovable qualities do I have...? Mind you, to say that love doesn't exist is like saying God doesn't exist... My candid advice is that people should mind what they intend to say before they say it because like it or not there are implications and consequences that are sure to follow. For love's sake, is this the type of message you would like to carry into the hearts of your children as future parents? Little wonder why boko harams run freely about and believe me it all started with just a message! A message like this one. The truth is, from all I have read so far in this forum, love is oblivious to many. I need not stress this matter further than necessary because I trust that time will definitely prove you all wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Spot A Chronic Masturbater / Which Is The Best Way To Share A Bed With Your Partner???(photo) / What I Experienced On My Way To Cotonou. Some Women Are Wicked(sad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.